Truth of the Matter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Connie hung up on him. She didn't sleep that night and was on a plane the next morning. She was in Denver before she got through to her lawyer. After some checking he informed her that all Martin had said was true. The divorce was final.

That didn't stop her. She went on to Minneapolis. She took a cab to this apartment and waited to get into the building. It took a while but she finally got to follow a man in the security door. She parked herself in front of his apartment and waited. She waited on Martin and that bitch that called herself the 'Hall Monitor'.

Security came, then the manager. He showed her the empty apartment when she agreed to leave afterward. She saw that Martin had indeed moved but said she would stay and see the bitch. It took security and the police to escort her from the building. Once outside she was informed that if she ever returned she would be charged with trespass. The police were 'kind' enough to drive her to the airport. There she broke down.

It took two flight attendants to get her on the first plane headed toward Houston. When she arrived she had to call Ann to pick her up. All she could do for the next three days was cry and sleep. Monday came. Connie got up and looked at herself in the mirror. "You look like shit Connie Jamison. Pull yourself together and go on with your life. That asshole and his bitch can't be allowed to get the better of you!"

She dressed and went to work. She put herself into her job. She worked hard and did all she could to control her emotions. She did that to the most part, having few outbursts in the following weeks. She began to drink at night to help her sleep and party with Ann to chase away the blues. She did all she could to make her life tolerable. But the empty house reminded her of what she had once had. That was good and bad. Sometimes she felt hurt from the divorce and other time she felt anger for his betrayal and lies.

All had been going well for six months and most in her office thought it was behind her. Then the package arrived. It was a Fed-Ex and was marked personal. The receptionist didn't note the return address and had she it would have meant nothing to her.

Connie got the package and looked it over. When she saw it was from Minneapolis she didn't know whether to open it or not. The address wasn't the old apartment but she knew he had moved. She threw it in the trash twice and retrieved it each time. Connie had so many conflicting emotions that she didn't realize most in the office had left.

Finally she opened the envelope. The first thing that fell out was a photo of Martin and the Hall Monitor. She was so mad it took her a minute to realize it was their wedding photo. In reflex she tore it into as many pieces as possible. She then examined the rest of the contents. There was a clipping from the newspaper. It was almost a full page long and had several photos.

Connie read just enough to get the name of the bitch. Cathy Taylor Jamison it said. The next things were 6 different colored napkins with their names imprinted in silver. All that did was fuel her anger. Then there was a large envelope with a wedding invitation. A note on the envelope apologized for 'forgetting' to mail it. But the last was the most painful. It was a pending birth announcement.

The reason that hurt so badly was she and Martin had wanted children but it never happened. They had both been to the doctor and the problem was with her. They were told it wasn't impossible for her to get pregnant but it was highly unlikely. Now Martin would have a child, a child with that bitchy 'Hall Monitor'. Reading the date it hit her. The baby was due in 6 months. They had just gotten married. "Damn that whore bitch," she screamed.

A few minutes later she was on the phone.

"Jamison residence," came that all too familiar and haunting voice.

"Cathy Taylor you're a whore and a bitch!"

"Well hello, how have you been?"

"I'm great you whore and I'm not carrying a bastard child. Didn't think I could find you did you Miss Hall Monitor!"

A sweet voice replied, "Glad you had no trouble getting our number, it is listed."

The pleasant replies were fueling Connie's anger. "I really don't give a fuck you two bit slut. You aren't going to ruin my day!"

"I'm sorry to hear that," came the ever sweet voice.

"I got your cute little package today you long legged bimbo. It didn't get lost in the mail. But it doesn't really matter to me what you two assholes do! So all your efforts are for nothing whore!"

"Yes I'm glad you got it."

"I hope you got a paper cut on your finger you...you trollop and it falls off. And I'll send you your money back. I don't want to owe you a think you....you...you home wrecker."

"Oh it was no real trouble or expense."

"Why did you go to the trouble? If you think you're rubbing it in my face you're full of shit!"

"Well I just wanted you to know. And I'm sorry I forgot to mail your invitation, but I did put it in the package."

"I just love the photo. I would wipe my ass with it but I tore it into a million pieces."

"Yes the photo. Yes really...that much you say?"

"The card is priceless. It tells me you had to get knocked up before Martin would marry you. Are you sure it's his you whore? I'll make sure the kid knows all about the fact you were pregnant when you got married."

"The card, yes I thought you should know. Actually you are the first. Martin just came in. Think I should tell him?"

"Hell whore he already knows, you used that to trap him. He wouldn't have looked twice at a piece of trash like you if it hadn't been....if I was there!"

"Really? Now now mustn't say things like that. But Martin and I do have something to discuss so I will have to let you go Connie. Do call again, it's always a pleasure."

"I'll call again you slut whore. And I'll pay to have your cheating ass caught. I make sure Martin has the baby checked. A whore like you, no telling who it belongs to. Fuck you bitch it might not even be white. Hell the way you walked the halls you probable fucked any dick you could."

"Now really you shouldn't say that, I was the hall monitor."

"Hall Monitor, you mean Hall Whore. You stole my husband you filthy bitch. I hope you rot in hell."

"Yes I understand your feeling but I do really have to go. Martin is here looking at me with bedroom eyes. Bye now."

Connie was so mad when the phone went dead she screamed and threw the hand set across the room. That pulled the phone base off her desk. It took her a minute to calm down. When she did she tied to call back. She would demand to speak with Martin. But each time she dialed she got a busy circuit. After 20 minutes and a dozen tries on the land line and her cell she gave up.

On her way home she fumed. She got in and called Ann. They would go drinking and find some men. But when she called she got a little more bad news. Ann told her that she needed to go to the doctor the next morning. She might have Herpes. Ann broke down and said she had contracted the disease and since they had slept with many of the same men, she might have also.

True to her earlier prediction it was the worst night of her life. The next day Connie was given a clean bill of health but they scheduled a follow up in 30 days just to be sure. After leaving the exam room she vowed to never see or speak to Ann Barton again.

Time heals all wounds it is said. It was a six months later but Connie was still feeling some of the pain. It wouldn't have been so bad had she not known of the child. She couldn't resist checking the birth announcements in the Minneapolis paper. It was easy doing so on line. Martin and Cathy had a boy. He was named Richard Chase. The day she read the news all of the pain descended on her once again.

It took a month but she regained control. With that behind her, Connie again put herself into her work. She flirted with men but only teased. She wasn't about to give in to just any one. And she wanted to torment all of mankind for what Martin had done to her. Yes her life had been good till Martin cheated. And look at the mess it made for her. And in a way she blamed Ann's condition on him too.

It had been over a year since she had learned of her ex-husband remarriage. She had given up dating but still went out. She would hit some of the single bars and milk men for drinks. All she wanted to do was tease and frustrate them. She looked upon all men as fools to be manipulated. Even her boss could be bent to some of her lesser whims.

One day she walked into her boss's office after being summoned. "Connie I need you to go to Atlanta for a week."

"Well sure anything for you Mr. Parks. What will I need to do for you in Atlanta." she said with a voice dripping with sex.

"Don't waste that on me. I'm too old."

"Oh you're not all that old Mr. Parks. Will you be going with me?"

"No Connie, you'll be going alone. I wanted to send two from the office but the budget won't allow it. So I'm sending you."

"Why me Mr. Parks? I mean surly there are others that are more knowledgeable. But you know I'll do my best."

"That what I want Connie. Go to Atlanta and charm their britches off. I want you to get a list of all their contacts and customers. And don't forget their prospects. I want to get the jump on them."

"Mr. Parks you want me to spy for you. We do all work for the same company don't we?"

"Yes we do, so it makes no difference to the company what office makes the sale. So go there and get me what I want. You can do it."

"Mr. Parks I do thank you for your faith in me. I'll sure do my very best." she said seductively.

"Cut the crap Connie. Go there, shake your ass and flaunt your tits like you do here. You're a good employee but sometimes you can be a pain in the ass. Now take your charm and do some good for our department for a change." He said all that straight faced and serious.

Connie realized he was serious and her little act had been wasted. She smiled and accepted the ticket. She left that Thursday with the next day off to pack and plan. Saturday she was on her way to Atlanta.

She was met by the head of the Atlanta branch, Jeff Millican. He was charming and took her to dinner. He wined and dined her; before the night was over she was drunk. He took her to his apartment and put her to bed. Sunday morning she woke up naked in a strange bed. And to makes matters worse there was a man in bed with her. He was holding her and smiling. It was Jeff Millican. Feeling his naked body against her she looked at him in anger. "How dare you!"

He smiled, "Dare me to do what?"

"You...you...you shouldn't have...you raped me. I didn't consent to your taking me!"

"Want me to call the police? I'm sure they would check you. That way you could prove your claim." With that he laughed.

"It's not funny, and I will file criminal charges! How will you feel in jail?

"Don't know, but don't plan on going," he smiled.

"Well you will. I'll see to it."

"You had better make sure you have been assaulted."

Embarrassed Connie felt her sex. She found she hadn't had sex. She frowned.

"Disappointed?" he asked

"No I'm glad you didn't...didn't take advantage of me."

"I would never take advantage of a sleeping woman. You know you tend to drink too much."

"You didn't help, always pouring champagne. It was good, but now I have a splitting headache."

He smiled, "Most women tell me that before I get them into bed."

"Do you take many women to bed?" As she said that she was a little jealous and she didn't know why.

"Oh not that many, and none as pretty as you."

"You are such a charmer". As she said that she snuggled closer to him. It felt good to be next to him.

"I'm just telling the truth. And I did all I could to help you."

"Help me, how?"

"You were sent here to...use your charms to extract a list of our customers, and our prospects. So I just helped you get started."

"What do you mean? I was sent here to learn. I'm not some kind of spy."

He smiled, "True you aren't Mata Hari. But I guess you did your best."

She tried to roll away but he held her tight. She didn't fight as hard as she pretended. After a kiss he let her get up and shower. When she got out she found her suitcases on the bed. She dressed and they went out for a late breakfast.

Sunday was a pleasant day and he asked if she wanted to check into a hotel for her stay. She smiled and thought of the money she could save. And how she could use staying with him to her advantage. Each day he showed her around the office and gave her free reign. Several times she saw lists of customers and prospects. She never picked then up, choosing to take a photo of the papers with her phone.

Each evening Jeff would take her to a nice restaurant and then for some other form of entertainment. Once it was a walk in the park, another time it was a play at a civic theater. At night he always gave her privacy in the bathroom while he waited in bed. He slept nude and after the second night Connie did also.

The thing that was unusual about the nights, Jeff never tired to make love to her one time. He did hold her and whisper in her ear, but he never put a move on her. More than once she felt his erection nudging her leg or back but he acted as if he had no urge for her at all.

Thursday night they were in bed together. Her plane departed at 10:15 the next morning. Connie was snuggled close and was enjoying being with a man that didn't want just sex before hopping up to leave. She was a little startled when he asked the question. "Why do people have intercourse?"

"What?"

"Why do men and women want to have intercourse?"

"It's what adults do. That's why we are all in a hurry to grow up. That and to drive and drink."

"But why do adults want to have intercourse?"

"I don't know; you tell me."

"It is part of our nature. There are two parts to it."

"Really, wham bam...then thank you ma'am," she replied.

"No, not that at all. The first part is our internal need to reproduce. Each time our body moves us to engage in intercourse it is with the intent of creating a baby."

"Oh really, then why do women line up for birth control pills?"

"Because they know their body will entice them into sexual intercourse and they know their body does it to reproduce. So they are trying to fool their body. Wanting to relieve their hormones without worry."

"So what you are saying is they, men and women, have a two fold reason. One is to fill the need to reproduce and the other is to keep from making a baby?" Connie asked.

"Both of those are just the physical part of intercourse. The second is emotional. The need to be wanted for more then just the act of intercourse." He let her think about what he had said.

"Why haven't you? I mean you're not gay are you?"

He laughed, "Not at all. I've been wanting you since I first laid eyes on you."

Connie looked toward him in the dark. "They why haven't you? Or at least hinted."

"How old are you Connie 33, maybe 35?"

"Jeff, you never ask a lady her age."

"I understand but I'm 40. I'm a little old to just be thinking of only my physical needs. I want you for more than just trying to make a baby,"

"All you had to do was ask," she whispered before she kissed him. That kiss lead to another, then another. Before the night was over they did 'try and make a baby'.

The next day Jeff drove her to the airport. At security he hugged her, kissed her hand, then turned and walked away.

Connie was a little disappointed. Why had he done all that he had done? She was a little confused, but she would have a better understanding when she returned to work. She was called into the boss's office Monday morning. All the photos she had sent back by e-mail were of lists over 10 years old. It was obvious her office felt she had sold them out.

By Wednesday she was furious with Jeff Millican. He had played her like a two bit fiddle. She fumed, 'that asshole fucked me in bed, then he fucked me at the office. Guess he's having a good laugh.' By Friday she was looking for another job. In two weeks she had one lined up though a friend. She would move to Denver. It took a month to get everything in order and ready to move. She left the house vacant and for sale. She rented a town house and started a new life.

Three months later there was a knock on her door. It was noon on a Saturday. When she answered it she got a very unpleasant surprise. "What in the....are you doing here?" she shouted.

"I finally decided to come."

"Why? Just to get a good laugh? I can promise you that you won't get...no you had better leave."

Jeff turned and looked at the cab at the curb. "I understand, good thing I had him wait. Cost me an extra 10 but I guess it was well worth it. I head back now."

Connie calmed a little. The shock gone, her anger kicked in. "Send him on, you can always call another. Come on in and I'll really tell you what I think of you!"

He took the invitation and waved the cab away. Stepping inside he put his bag down. Connie offered him a seat. "Want anything to drink? Coffee, tea, soda, arsenic?"

"Water will be fine. It has been a long trip. I would have been here sooner if I had known were you moved."

"Really, you mean if I had stayed in Houston I would have had the pleasure of your company sooner?"

"Yes, I waited a month, when you didn't call I decided to swallow my pride and come."

"What are you talking about, swallow your pride? You got a lot of nerve. If you had come to Houston I might be in jail now. And with you here visiting I might still see the inside of a cell. I can always claim insanity."

"What are you so angry about?"

"Let me think, you asshole! You screwed me every way you could. You got me run off my job. You caused me to have to move. I now live in a cracker box instead of my house. The house I have to sell. I have a job where I earn about half of what I did. I am starting all over. Now why should I be angry?"

"Connie, had you thought about the truth?"

"Truth?" she asked puzzled.

"Yes you could have called on Monday and told your boss that I had met you at the plane. I made it clear that I knew just why you had been sent. If you had of done that I would have made sure he knew I had been warned two weeks earlier. In that way he would have known it wasn't you that had divulged his plan. You could have gone back with a clear conscience. But you had a misplaced loyalty. No, all I did was allow you make a fool of yourself."

"You did help you know," she responded.

"I will confess I wanted you to stay. I guess I wasn't as truthful as I should have been either."

"So now you tell me Jeff Millican isn't perfect?"

"You came with the intention of spying. I left the papers out and thought you might try and photo them. I figured you wouldn't try and copy them in front of witnesses. All I did was allow you the opportunity to send false information back to your office. I made 10 year old information available to you. Had you not been in such a hurry to steal, it you might have checked the date. When your actions didn't result as he had intended your boss discarded you like an old shoe. You see it was your choice."

"Damn you asshole. Why are you here? What did you come for?"

"Like I said I waited a month. I swallowed my pride. I tracked you here and came."

"Why? You...you...what do you want, and I won't let you try and make a baby with me!"

He frowned. "Well that is exactly why I came."

"You have to be kidding me. Why would I ever even let you in my house?"

He smiled, "Well you did invite me in?"

"Only so I can throw you out without your cab waiting!"

"You wouldn't do that to me now would you Connie?"

"Oh yes I would, and"

"And you forgot my water, I believe you offered."

"You have a lot of nerve. How do you know I won't pee in the glass! I should you know." She did get up and bring him a glass of water.