Truth or Deception

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I listened intently to what dad told me. His passion in his speech makes me believe it is the truth. Thomas had a black camaro. He has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. I feel it is necessary to confront mom about this, something I didn't want to do. This was unexpected. I became conscious that dad had finished speaking and I hadn't answered yet. He looked anxious. I put on a slight smile, despite all the information my mind was processing. "Dad, you are not abusive. I didn't think there would be a reason I could accept for you hitting mom, but you found possibly the only one. I am delighted we got to do this and I look forward to doing it again. I'm not sure I'm ready to tell mom I've seen you yet, but I know I can get away on Saturday's without them suspecting anything."

"Cecilia, I can do every Saturday. Can we make it a date next week, same time, same place?" I asked hopingly.

"Sure dad, I'd like that." I gave him a hug. "I love you."

"I love you princess." I hope she didn't mind I called her by the childhood nickname I used call her eight years ago as I kissed her forehead. "I'll see you Saturday."

Our embrace ended and Sasha and I left. I had a couple of questions I needed advice on and I was glad my best friend was right next to me.

"What do you think of my dad? Do you believe him?"

"He seems to love you very much and he was very convincing with his words when I wasn't sleeping."

"Sorry we took so long. I didn't expect it to last so long. Thanks for coming."

"I figured it would be quick if you got a bad vibe, but I was prepared for a lengthy visit if things went well. A lot happens in eight years. I'm happy I could be there for you. In fact I'm sorry I fell asleep." "You're a great friend. Do you think I should confront mom about, well, everything?"

"I think you should talk to her about whatever is bothering you. The cheating part resulted in you not seeing your dad for eight years, the fact you never received letters kept you cut off from him, and taking credit for the gifts is just rude and also means they didn't get you anything themselves."

"Oh, I didn't even think about it like that." When the day began, I was angry at my dad for hitting mom and myself for going to see dad. Now, every mile I drive, my animosity grew towards someone else. I was fuming about what mom did. I concluded I wanted to confront her one on one. Thomas was very good at twisting the situation, to always see it "his" way. He would be able to deflect my tirade. If I get her alone, I might be able to see the truth. Monday after school, that will be my moment. I dropped Sasha off and arrived at home.

Our embrace ended and she left. I sat back down in a euphoric state. It really was the best day of the last eight years of my life. I have a feeling Saturday's will become the greatest day of my week. I tipped the waitress fifty percent. After four hours of putting up with me and three hours of all three of us, she deserved it, if not more. As I drove home, I sang along with the radio, loudly. I drew more than a few looks from pacing motorists. I didn't care. I'm already excited for Saturday.

When I came in the house, mom and Thomas were sitting on the couch in the living room. "Hi mom, hi Thomas." I hissed as I walked by to go to my room. I had wanted to put on a facade for a day and a half, but I surprised myself by not being able to hide my vehement feelings for thirty seconds. Also, there was no chance I was referring to Thomas as dad ever again.

"Wait a minute young lady, you come back here right now! Mom called.

I kept going.

"Cecilia Anne Connors!"

So much for waiting till Monday. I huffed, turned back around, and stopped to about five feet in front of them. I put my hands on my hips and responded harshly. "What?"

"I don't care how bad your day was, you do not talk to us that way. His name is dad to you, not Thomas. I demand an apology, for me and your dad. Then we will talk about your day."

"You have no idea how informative my day was, Janine, and I won't call Thomas dad again. If it bothers you, I'm sure I can come up with a more colorful nickname for him."

Mom stood and covered the gap between us within a millisecond. Our noses were only an inch apart. "I want the fucking keys to your car that we bought you, and when you're not in school, you will be confined to your room indefinitely. When you are ready to explain yourself and apologize, and I mean really apologize, young lady, I'll decide how long your punishment will last." Thomas was now by her side.

"Okay, I'll give you the keys to the car you bought me." I responded casually with a sly grin. She took a step back, shocked at the quick change of tone. A few moments passed.

"Well, give them to me." She held out her hand.

I just slapped her hand with my empty hand. "Here you go. The keys to the car you bought me." A childish reaction on my part, but I was trying to prove a point.

"Act like an adult Cecilia Anne and give me the keys!" Her hand still in front of me.

"You mean an adult like you! Someone who just lied to me about buying me a car. Someone who sleeps around on their husband!"

"I've never cheated on Thomas!"

"I wasn't referring to Thomas! And where did you put the letters my father wrote to me!" "How do you know about..." Her voice tailed off at the end. She knew she was defeated and I knew my dad told me the truth. Thomas pulled mom aside and faced me. In a calm rational voice, he spoke.

"Cecilia, you have to understand your moms position."

Here comes the deflection.

"Your father is a very abusive man and we felt it would be irresponsible for us to let you have contact with him. Don't you remember what your mother looked like? Don't you remember the bruises, the black eye, and the fractured cheek bone? He was an animal to your mother. We just wanted to protect you from that rampaging beast. Please calm down and think about this rationally."

I inhaled deeply and then exhaled. He might have convinced me if I didn't look at my mother at that very moment. The corners of her mouth curved slightly upward. She felt she won. It really just upset me again. I put my head down and advanced toward her. I made it appear as nonthreatening as possible, giving her the impression I was going to hug her or apologize. When I was next to her, I raised my head. My facial expression was of pure intimidation and hers looked as if she was staring at the devil herself."Just answer one thing mother, when dad hit you, he really was swinging at Thomas wasn't he?" I said it in almost a whisper so Thomas wouldn't be able to hear it clearly.

"I, um, how do you, um, he was, um, Thomas." She looked over my shoulder at Thomas and he rapidly jumped between us, grabbed her shoulders, and backed her away from me. He turned and gave me an evil glare.

"Thanks for the answer mother, and thanks for stealing the relationship with my father from me! I'm going to my room." I walked by both of them. When I reached my room, I slammed the door shut. I wished my dad was here to rub my back and tell me everything will be alright. I cried myself to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night, I would've sworn I heard the sound of someone in my room. I was so emotionally spent, I just kept my eyes shut and slept the night away.

I did not have a sound mind this evening. When I made it home and listened to my voicemail messages. There were two from separate foreman's that were urgent. I called the first one back and he had a supply problem. I replied, "That's great!" The second call was about a client who changed her mind on a bathroom remodel that was already finished. We would have to start from scratch. My response was, "Excellent!" I couldn't concentrate. Thinking back, I wasn't a good boss tonight.

I woke up to the sound of a car starting up and driving away. I looked at the clock and it read quarter to six. I had slept for nearly ten hours. I got up and took a shower. I was refreshed and reenergized. As I reentered my room, things were different from the night before. My doll collection, stereo, and laptop had vanished. The power cord to my television is cut in half and lying on the floor. I ran to the window. My car was gone. My blood began to boil. I got dressed rapidly. I must have been a sight to see considering nothing matched and my hair disheveled. I didn't care. I was in a rush to know what was going on. I found mom doing her normal Sunday routine; sitting in her bathrobe, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper.

Where' all my stuff?" I demanded.

"Thomas took it." She said calmly.

"Why?" I was exasperated.

"Part of your punishment." She took a sip of coffee.

"When will I get them back?"

"I told you the punishment is indefinite and only when you give a true heartfelt apology will I then determine when you get your belongings back. Also, I'm adding one more detail. You can't see or talk to Bradley Connors anymore. You know too much for you not to have talked to him."

"You can't keep me from him!"

"How will you get there?"

"What's preventing me from calling the police to report a stolen vehicle?" I said with a smile.

"Thomas can't steal something that he owns."

"It's mine!"

"Nope. Don't you remember Cecilia? When you got that car we switched the title from your name to his for insurance reasons."

"Fuck you!" it was my only retort.

"That attitude isn't going to help you." She said condescendingly.

I was speechless. Any doubt about dad still being the bad guy was completely laid to rest. I am stunned how manipulative my mother is truly is.

"Why don't you go make yourself a bowl of cereal and think about how you want to word your apology."

Deflated, I left for the kitchen. Why do I need to apologize? They should apologize. I was violent while getting a bowl, spoon, milk, and the cereal, slamming any drawer, cupboard, the fridge, and even the bowl on the table. What am I doing? Is this how I want to live my college years? Do I even care about these people who have been lying to me for eight years? I silently left out the back door. I walked around to the front and up the driveway. For a fleeting moment, I pondered turning my head for one last view of my home for the last eight years. It wouldn't be worth it. So with only the clothes on my back, I walked the four and a half miles to Sasha's house. From there, I called my dad.

I was sitting at my dining room table, drinking my coffee. I had on again, off again sleep the whole night and I needed the caffeine. Knowing I am going to be a part of my baby girls life, even if it's just once a week, is a heavenly feeling. How could I sleep? I kept making plans for Saturday's: movies, play, concert, museum, baseball game, bowling, miniature golf, the beach, and so on. There were a myriad of activities I wanted to do. Everything I missed doing with her. My heart was going a mile a minute when my phone rang. I didn't recognize the phone number.

"Connor Construction, how can I help you?"

"Dad?" I said with worry.

In that one word, my daughter conveyed to me a million emotions and all of them said help. "Cecilia, what's wrong?"

"Can you come get me?" I fearful of his response.

"Where are you at?" By the time I finished the question, I was in my truck.

I gave my dad directions and waited patiently.

I made the half hour drive in fifteen minutes.

"Hi dad, thanks for coming." I had trepidations about what I needed to ask him.

"Anything for you." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Anything?" I asked full of hope.

"Anything." I said firmly.

"Can I come live with you?" I said nervously.

I embraced her tightly and through my tears of joy, I responded with a heartfelt "Yes."

On the drive to my new home, a home with my father, I wanted to explain the tumultuous past twenty four hours. He must have sensed my needing to converse because he started.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I began to cry. "They took everything you gave me. They even conned me out of the car, albeit two years ago. I didn't realize the ramifications. They demanded an apology and forbade me to have any contact with you. I wouldn't oblige to their whims. I couldn't say I'd never see you again. So I left and went to Sasha's. Please don't be upset with me."

I pulled the truck into a parking lot and held my daughter. "Later, I'm going to ask how they conned you out of the car. But the answer is no. I'm not mad. No matter what they took from you, I came out ahead. You see all those material goods are replaceable, you are not. And you are worth more than the world. You are the greatest gift there is.

At that moment, I knew my father and I would be happy together.

12