Trying Trial Separation Pt. 01

Story Info
A young husband and wife take a break from marriage.
13.7k words
3.98
68.1k
73

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 08/11/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PenPal2001
PenPal2001
1,372 Followers

A young husband and wife take a break from marriage

Author's note: This is pretty much a love story, or a lost-love story - similar but somewhat different than my usual submissions.

Part 1 (this part) is posted in the "Loving Wives" category. Part 2 will be in "Interracial Love". Look for them there, or click on "PenPal2001" and find them in the listing of all my stories.

Please tell me what you think. Take a second to vote, and your comments and feedback are always welcome.

*****

Todd Russell and his wife, Jennifer, known to everyone as Jenny, sat in the living room of their modest but well-kept three-bedroom house, watching television. Their two daughters, Cassie, 10, and Heather, eight, were asleep in their beds. Todd and Jenny were both 28-years-old and had been married 10 years. For anyone doing the math, it was easy to calculate that their first child was conceived three months before their quickly planned, simple courthouse wedding. One Summer night when teenage passion overcame common sense, Jenny had surrendered her virginity to Todd and became pregnant in the process.

Todd and Jenny dated their last two years of high school and were deeply in love, so starting a family and planning their forever-lives together was something they both embraced, although they had not planned to start quite so soon.

Jenny's parents had been saving money for years to give their beautiful blonde-haired daughter a lavish wedding. Under the hurry-up circumstances, it became more practical for her mom and dad to instead make a down payment on the young couple's first marital home.

As they watched TV, Jenny sat on the couch while Todd lounged in his recliner. They both laughed occasionally at the sitcom they were watching, but neither spoke a word. Unless they were interacting with their kids, they never talked much anymore. Jenny felt, correctly, that they had fallen into a rut and she decided to do something about it.

Saying nothing, Jenny got off the couch and walked to the master bedroom. She pulled off the cotton "Minnie Mouse" night shirt that her daughters gave her for Mother's Day and she slipped on her sexiest lacey red nightgown, worn without a bra or panties. Applying a little makeup, she highlighted her dazzling blue eyes and painted her pouty lips a bright red, matching her negligee. Looking at the mirror, Jenny cupped her ample breasts and gave them both a jiggle. She smiled at her reflection, happy that even after breast-feeding two children her boobs were still full with barely a hint of sagging.

Jenny strolled back into the living room and instead of taking the couch she curled up on Todd's lap as he sat up in the recliner.

"Wow, baby, you look amazing," Todd said with a smile. Then, just to be funny, he asked, "Is there something else that you want to watch on television?"

Jenny laughed out loud and purred, "I don't want to watch anything on TV. I want to watch you make love to your wife."

Todd had actually been enjoying the TV program, and he was not in a particularly romantic mood, but he could feel himself becoming aroused, and he knew that it was his husbandly duty to satisfy his wife's amorous desires.

"Hey pretty lady, why don't you and me go to the bedroom for a while?"

Jenny giggled and said, "Mmmm, why don't we do it right here in the recliner?"

Todd smiled while easing his hands under Jenny's hips, nudging them up, and said, "if we do it in the recliner, and you get too frisky, we might end up breaking the chair. Better to use our bed."

"Okay!" Jenny chirped as she hopped to her feet and tugged at her husband's hand.

Jenny kept her grip on Todd as she led him to their bedroom. Todd pulled off his tee shirt as Jenny yanked down both his shorts and underpants. Jenny then sat on the edge of the bed and positioned Todd to stand in front of her. His average-sized five-inch penis was half-erect, hanging in her face. It occurred to Jenny that Todd was "going along with her" more than he was "going after her", but she didn't mind too much. A few years back, Todd was always the aggressor and he had to take charge in the bedroom. Lately though, he had been content to let Jenny lead the way.

Jenny reached out her delicate hand and took hold of Todd's penis, eliciting a subtle moan. She leaned forward and kissed her husband's dick as she stroked it, then she took it into her mouth. With her eyes closed, Jenny licked and slurped, pleased with herself as it became increasingly rigid. Jenny continued her blow job for several minutes. Todd became more involved, gently running his hands through his beautiful wife's long hair and moaning, "Oh yeah, baby, suck my dick."

With her jaw becoming tired, and her husband as stiff and hard as he ever got, Jenny pulled her mouth away, smiled and stood up. Almost face-to-face with Todd, Jenny pressed her lips, messy with saliva and precum, against her husband's and she gave him her best French kiss. Todd spontaneously wiped his mouth with his hand as Jenny crossed her arms and pulled off her nightgown in one smooth motion.

Jenny then led Todd toward the head of the bed, pulled down the covers and sprawled across the sheets on her back with her knees bent and her legs spread open. She flashed her husband a big smile that announced "help yourself - I'm yours."

Jenny didn't say anything, but she was disappointed when Todd bypassed her breasts. She loved having her nipples squeezed and sucked, and Todd had always found them irresistible. Even when Jenny had been nursing her babies, Todd would not leave her boobs alone, sometimes making her nipples squirt milk all over the place, causing them both to laugh like hyenas.

With no fanfare or ceremony whatsoever, Todd crawled into position atop Jenny and used one hand to push his dick into her smooth-shaven, dampened slit.

"Oh, yeah Honey! That's what I need!" Jenny moaned as Todd entered her. Jenny was not normally very vocal during sex, mainly because Todd was not either. Nor did Jenny curse or use gutter language, in or out of bed. But at that moment she wanted to let her partner know that she was enjoying herself and that he was pleasing her.

"Mmm yeah, Baby," Jenny cooed, "It's been too long. I love it when you do me!"

Jenny's encouragement caused Todd to press his dick into her as deep as he could, then to slowly withdraw and push in again. Jenny's vagina felt so warm and wet and just seemed to hug Todd in that magical place. Jenny raised her head to meet Todd's face and brought her lips to his.

"I love you so much," Jenny told Todd and she wrapped both arms around his slender back.

Todd knew it was his turn to say it. "I love you too."

Todd was sometimes "quick on the trigger" and would reach a climax before Jenny even had a chance. But that night, he seemed to be unpassionately going through the motions. Jenny was feeling passion, though, and she quietly murmured and moaned as her husband moved in and out of her. The intercourse went on long enough for Jenny to feel an orgasm building inside of her.

"Oh Honey, keep going. I'm getting close," Jenny encouraged as she clenched her long legs around Todd. Jenny could not contain herself any longer and she began to loudly moan and wailed as her orgasm hit.

"Oh yes! Yes, yes, yes! It's coming! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Ooooooooh! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Oh god, yes!"

Jenny's uncharacteristic shrieking brought Todd to a peak also, and he grunted quietly as he thrust into Jenny and squirted his semen into her.

The husband and wife stayed in place for a couple of minutes, then Todd rolled off Jenny and onto his back. Jenny had a look of pure contentment on her face.

"Promise me that we won't go so long before we make love again. We have to make time for each other, and a woman needs to know that her man wants her and needs her."

Todd leaned toward Jenny and gave her lips a kiss, then he turned over. In a couple of minutes, he was asleep.

Breaking the news

The next morning, Jenny and Todd were awakened early by their alarm and climbed out of bed to start another day of work and parenthood. The usual routine. As Jenny stepped into the shower Todd went to wake the girls. He then started a pot of coffee and set out cereal and juice for the kids. As they ate their breakfast, Todd went to get his shower. Jenny was standing naked in the bathroom as she toweled herself dry. Todd said nothing and stepped into the shower stall. Jenny got herself and the girls dressed, then gave Todd a quick kiss and a "love you" before she dashed out the door to get the girls to school and herself to work.

That afternoon, Todd picked the girls up from school. They arrived home at the same time as Jenny, who immediately started fixing dinner. As they ate, the girls chatted happily. Jenny interjected occasionally and tried to have some conversation with Todd, but he seemed a bit distant and distracted.

After dinner, it was time to clean the kitchen. Todd silently lent a hand. When Jenny asked him if everything was alright Todd simply replied that he had a lot on his mind. Once the girls were bathed and tucked into bed, Jenny went to the living room, where Todd was already watching television, and with a sigh of relief, she flopped onto the couch.

Todd got up and went to the kitchen. He returned with two glasses of wine, and instead of returning to his recliner, he sat on the couch next to Jenny.

"Oh, thank you Honey," Jenny said sweetly as she lifted her glass. "You're being awfully nice. Are you trying to get me boozed up so that we can have another round like last night?!"

"We need to talk," Todd said in a very serious voice.

Jenny was instantly concerned. "Okay. We can talk."

Todd took a deep breath, and a swig of wine. "You know my friend, Bobby Mitchell. I think I told you that he inherited a house. It's a real big house with two master suites and three other bedrooms. He told me that if I wanted to, I could share the house with him. I'm going to do it."

"What?!" Jenny gasped. "What do you mean?! You're going to leave me and the girls and move in with your buddy? You can't be serious!"

"I am serious."

Jenny started to tremble and cry. "Why? Why? Why would you want to leave your family? What brought this on? I know things have been a little strained between us, but I thought that our sex last night was kind of a breakthrough. Is there someone else? Are you having an affair?"

"No, nothing like that," Todd outright lied. In fact, he had been banging a couple of young females who worked for him at the department store where he was an assistant manager.

Jenny ran to the bathroom to grab a box of Kleenex. Returning to the couch, she gulped her wine and between sobs, she said, "I still don't get it. Are you asking me for a divorce?"

"No!" Todd stated emphatically. "I don't want a divorce, just a trial separation. I think our marriage needs a little time-out. Look, we've been together since we were teenagers. Maybe as we've grown up, we've grown apart. I'm not sure, but I think we need to give each other some space to figure out where we are right now."

"But I love you!" Jenny loudly pleaded. "I've always loved you, and I'll never stop loving you! I want to be your wife, forever and ever! I don't want you to leave me!"

"I know you don't. This is hard for me too. The hardest thing I've ever done. But we have to do it."

Todd was trying to make himself a little less of a "bad guy" and he even reached over and stroked Jenny's face, which was red and streaked with tears. For several minutes, Todd and Jenny sat there in silence. Todd went to the kitchen to fetch the wine bottle and refilled both of their glasses. After composing herself as best she could, Jenny spoke.

"How would this trial separation work?"

"Well, I'll be staying at Bobby's place and you'll stay here with the girls. I think we should text each other once a day, just to touch base, and you can call me if something comes up. I'd like to have a family outing every weekend, or at least a family dinner. If you want to, we can have a 'date night' once a week. It's something we always talked about doing, but we never did. Maybe we should have."

Jenny took a sip of wine, then inhaled deeply and exhaled. "It sounds as if you've thought it all out. How soon do you plan to start this 'separation'?"

"Soon."

Jenny stood up, took her wine glass, and walked to the bedroom. She closed the door behind her. Todd heard the lock click. Todd grabbed a blanket from the linen closet and slept on the couch.

"Time to get up, Todd," Jenny announced as she nudged her husband in the dim morning light. Without speaking another word to each other, Jenny and Todd followed their daily routine. As Jenny was about to head out with both girls, Todd approached them at the doorway, dropped to one knee and told his daughters, "Daddy needs a hug." The girls laughed as they wrapped their arms around him as tightly as they could. Todd stood up and Jenny ushered the girls out the door. For the first time since their first date, when they were both 16-years-old, Jenny did not kiss Todd goodbye.

As she drove to work, Jenny wondered whether there was anything she could do to change her husband's mind. She thought that she might fix Todd's favorite dinner and put the girls to bed early so that she and Todd would have some extra time to reconnect. Unbeknownst to her, Todd planned to go to work a little late that day. As soon as Jenny drove away Todd gathered up his personal items and loaded his clothes into the back of his car. Then he headed toward his new home: Bobby Mitchell's house. He felt some regret at the fact that Jenny would have to explain to their daughters that Daddy would be living somewhere else for a while.

Something new for Jenny

Adjusting to life without Todd was harder for Jenny than she expected. She missed him terribly and so did their daughters. Todd and Jenny texted each other once a day, as agreed, but the messages were always brief and vague. The date night that Todd suggested they have was never scheduled that first week.

It was a Saturday, ten days after Todd moved out, and he had stopped by the house early to pick up the girls. Todd was going to have them all day and planned to take them to a water park and then to their favorite ice cream parlor. Jenny knew that her daughters were very excited about spending the day with their dad. As for her, she was looking forward to having a peaceful day to herself.

At about 10 AM, the doorbell rang. Jenny opened the door and was surprised to see her husband's old friend, and current roommate, Bobby Mitchell, on her doorstep.

"Oh, hey Bobby. What on earth are you doing here? There's nothing wrong, is there?"

"No, there's nothing wrong, Jen. Todd mentioned that he was taking the girls to the park today, and I was in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd stop by and see how you're doing. I haven't seen you since you and Todd split up."

"We haven't split up. It's a trial separation, that's all."

Bobby smiled skeptically and said, "Okay. Well anyway, if you're not too busy I thought maybe we could have a cup of coffee and catch up a little."

Jenny invited Bobby in and he followed her to the kitchen and sat in a chair at the table. Jenny poured two cups of coffee and sat across from her guest. They talked for a couple of minutes, mostly about the weather. Bobby took a sip of his coffee and asked Jenny if he could have some sugar.

Jenny stepped over to the counter and got her sugar bowl. As she put in on the table in front of Bobby he suddenly popped out of his chair and planted a kiss on her lips.

"Bobby! What do you think you're doing?! I'm married to your best friend, in case you forgot."

"But you're separated, Jen. You know I've always liked you, and I thought you liked me too."

Bobby had a point there. Jenny did find Bobby attractive. She had for years. Bobby was just plain cute, and he had a boyish grin that was seductively charming. Nevertheless, Jenny felt that she had to set Bobby straight.

"Todd and I may be separated, but we're still married. That means no hanky-panky."

Bobby smiled his adorable smile, then leaned back in his chair. "Listen Jen, I don't want to rat on my best buddy, but Todd's not against a little hanky-panky on his end. You know, he's got some hot young girls working for him at that store."

Jenny rested her elbows on the table and put her face in her hands, fighting back tears.

"I don't want to hear any more," she said quietly while gently shaking her head.

Bobby, sensing an opportune moment, scooted closer to Jenny and gave her a consoling hug. Jenny needed a hug and she allowed Bobby to embrace her. After a minute, Bobby backed off, put two fingers under Jenny's chin, and lifted it to look her in the face. When he felt the time was right, Bobby slowly moved closer and gave her another kiss. At first, Jenny didn't kiss him back. But when their lips connected a third time, she did. The kiss felt nice and went on for a while. Bobby had expected that Jenny might be starved for some attention, and he was right, but when Bobby slipped his tongue into her mouth, Jenny reacted and jerked away. She suddenly felt a wave of remorse.

"Bobby, I'm a married woman and I can't be doing this with you!"

"I know you're married, Jen, and your husband should be kissing you and loving you the way you deserve to be loved, but he's not here, is he? He doesn't want to be here."

"That doesn't matter!"

"It does matter, Jenny, and I think you know that. Todd told me that he wanted you both to take a break from each other. He wants to 'play the field' a little bit and he thinks that you'll just sit on the sidelines and take him back when he's had his fill."

Bobby's words resonated with Jenny and made her angry inside. The word "revenge" was not in her thoughts, but it occurred to her that it "would serve Todd right" if she shared her affection with his enabling friend. The trial separation was hard on her, but by giving Todd a home away from home, Bobby had made the separation easy for Todd. In that moment of weakness, Jenny decided that she was not going to be lonely all day.

It was Jenny who moved her lips to meet Bobby's in the kiss that followed, and it was Jenny who pushed her tongue into Bobby's mouth. Bobby was happy to reciprocate and for several minutes their tongues danced with one another. Jenny rose to her feet and wrapped her arms around Bobby as they both tilted their heads and French kissed.

Bobby brought a hand to caress Jenny's boob through the tee shirt she was wearing. Expecting to be alone all day, Jenny hadn't bothered to put on a bra. When Bobby's hand first cupped her breast, Jenny recoiled and pulled away. Then, realizing that she wanted some titty action, Jenny relaxed and brought Bobby's hand back to her chest. Bobby employed his other hand to squeeze both tits through Jenny's flimsy shirt.

"Mmmm, Bobby, that feels so good. I love it when my breasts are touched."

"I'm going to do more than touch them," Bobby said quietly. After a few minutes, Bobby took Jenny's hand in his and began to lead her to the master bedroom. Bobby had been a guest in that house a hundred times and he knew the way. Jenny willingly let him lead her.

Inside the bedroom, Jenny and Bobby passionately embraced and kissed each other deeply.

Bobby said, "Jenny, you are so beautiful. I've always wanted see your bare body." Bobby grasped Jenny's tee shirt and pulled it up and over her head. Jenny smiled as her breasts came into view and she shook her head to toss back the hair that fallen over her face. Bobby then led Jenny to sit on the bed and he again caressed one breast as he brought his lips to kiss the opposite nipple.

PenPal2001
PenPal2001
1,372 Followers