Turning of the Stars Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Panthem
Panthem
857 Followers

"I miss you," she whispered, reaching out one hand and wrapping her slender fingers around his forearm. Her hand slid down until it got to his and he laced their fingers together tightly, still staring in her eyes as he pulled her closer until she was leaning into him.

"Me too." He rested his forehead against hers, feeling like a huge weight had just been removed from his chest. "God, me too. I'm so glad you're here."

She tilted her head up and pressed her lips against his, sparking an instantaneous fire in him. His mouth opened and sucked her bottom lip inside, the taste of her so sweet it made his head spin. Her hand squeezed his where they were locked together while her other hand threaded through his hair, sending chills down his spine as she pulled his head closer to deepen their kiss. He finally pulled away with the intention of saying something; he wasn't sure what it was going to be, probably another lame apology, but she beat him to the punch.

"Do you have any idea what you do to me?" She spoke almost under her breath and he wasn't quite sure if she even meant for him to hear her, but her words and the way her lips brushed against his as she said them settled his lingering doubts about why she'd come. Before he could respond she was kissing him again, pressing her body all along his as her tongue explored his mouth.

Her uncharacteristic aggression sent his blood racing and he let her take control for the moment, elated that she was here in his arms and that she still wanted him. The hand that wasn't clasping hers smoothed over her hair and down her back, resting for a moment on the soft roundness of her ass. He bunched her dress up in his hand until he could feel her bare skin, smoothing his hand over her cheek and down between her legs.

"What the fuck,' he said raggedly, tearing his lips from hers. "Where are your underwear?"

She blushed as she looked up at him and giggled, the blend of innocence and erotic intoxicating him. "I told you I missed you."

Suddenly all he could think about was being inside her, feeling her warm, tight body wrapped around him. All his noble thoughts of talking and resolving their issues evaporated as he locked one arm around her waist and slid his hand further between her legs, the smooth bare skin teasing him as much as he was teasing her. One finger slipped inside and he moaned at how wet she was already.

"Oh, babe," he groaned, sliding his finger out and then plunging it back in as she gasped and jerked against him. His mouth came down on hers hard and his arm tightened around her waist as he played with her slippery folds, teasing and pinching, barely dipping inside.

She tore away from his kiss to pull his shirt off over his head, pausing for a moment to run her hands slowly over his chest and shoulders. Her hands settled on his elbows and she pulled him toward the couch. "Show me how much you missed me," she demanded, her voice husky with need. She popped the top button on his jeans and tore open his fly, shoving his jeans down over his hips just far enough to free his erection before pushing him back on the couch and climbing on top of him.

He was too turned on to be shocked; too ready to feel her slide down the length of him to argue, not that he would have in any case. Momentarily speechless, he pushed the skirt of her dress up so he could watch as she positioned herself above his straining cock. A sharp cry exploded from her mouth as she impaled herself on him, grinding down as hard as she could.

"Fuck! Yes, Anna, goddamn you feel so good, babe." He wrapped one hand around her neck and used the other to guide her hips to exactly the right spot as she lifted up and came down against him over and over, pulling him deeper inside with each stroke.

Grant pulled her dress down as she lifted herself up and her breasts popped free from the top, bouncing as she slammed herself down onto him again. He quickly closed his mouth over one taut nipple, capturing the other with his fingers and she paused for a moment, arching into him and lacing her fingers into his hair.

"Harder," she whispered, clenching his hair painfully in her hand and pulling him close. He happily complied, twisting the little nub in his fingers as he clamped his lips down tightly on the one in his mouth and started flicking it with his tongue. With a loud moan she started moving again, her hips making little circles against him and rocking back and forth as she used his body to pleasure herself.

"Jesus Christ," he hissed, watching her through narrowed eyes as she rode him to orgasm. She felt so tight it damn near hurt as her muscles clamped down on him and her whole body shook with pleasure. He pulled her head close so he could kiss her as his hips rose to meet her stroke for stroke. Her moans and grunts of pleasure were transmitted directly to his mouth and he savored them, enjoying every second of her bliss.

He felt his own climax start to build, but he held it back, wanting to see her come again. He dropped one hand to tease her swollen clit with his thumb as he pushed his rock hard cock up into her as hard as he could.

"Oh god, Grant," she cried out, hanging onto his neck to keep her balance.

"That's right, babe. Say my name again," he demanded, pressing his thumb against her clit in tiny wet circles.

"Grant, you feel so good. I...I...oh god, I need you."

His cock exploded at her words and his consciousness narrowed until it included nothing but the place where their bodies were joined. He had the presence of mind to slide his forefinger in and pinch her clit until he heard her cry out and come with him, milking him until his body was spent and he collapsed back against the couch, cradling her on top of him.

"Anna," he whispered, lifting his hand to her cheek. Her eyes met his, their liquid brown depths pulling him in and stripping him bare. How could she doubt for a second that he loved her? The way her eyes penetrated him to the core, surely she could see the truth.

"Your phone," she said, still breathless.

"What?"

"Your phone. It's been ringing for a few minutes."

"It has?" As soon as the words left his mouth there was a banging on the door. "Shit."

"Grant!" Corie's voice sounded through the wood. "I know you're in there, either open the door or answer your goddamn phone!"

"Fuck. I'm sorry, babe." He looked up at her apologetically and gingerly lifted her off his lap before shoving his rapidly deflating dick back into his jeans and buttoning them.

"It's alright."

He pulled his shirt on over his head and glanced back at her to make sure she was ready before he opened the door. She wasn't so he waited a moment while she straightened her dress and smoothed back her hair, then nodded at him.

"What the fuck, Corie?" He wasn't embarrassed, Corie had seen him in much more compromising situations than this, but irritation at being interrupted came through clearly in his voice.

"I know, I'm sorry, but Craig's been trying to get hold of you. Eric caught your thief."

"No shit," he said, paling at the news.

"Yeah, you need to get over there," she said, shooting a quick glance at Anna. "You might want to turn your shirt right side out first, though."

"Call Craig for me, tell him I'll be right there." He closed the door and put his shirt on right before kneeling in front of her. "I'm so sorry babe. I have to-"

"Go. It's okay."

He sighed and leaned in to kiss her again, reaching up with one hand to cup her cheek.

"Wait, what is this?" She grabbed his wrist and pulled his arm straight. He watched her face as she stared down at the tattoo on his forearm, knowing full well what had caught her attention. There was a lick of flame that hadn't been there before, surrounded by slightly puffy red skin. Embedded in the design was a series of infinity symbols that formed themselves into an A if you stared at it for a few seconds. He swallowed hard, waiting for her reaction and when she finally dragged her eyes away to meet his he was relieved to see that she seemed more surprised than upset.

"I'll be back. Don't leave." His lips brushed hers and then he was gone.

...

Anna sat on the couch in a daze, staring at the fish as they swam in lazy circles. She couldn't even begin to try and interpret that tattoo right now, there was so much else to think about. Physically she felt as satisfied as she could possibly be, but things hadn't gone quite according to plan. They never did when she and Grant were together. Sex had actually been part of the plan, she'd just meant to say the things she needed to say before they got to that point. But then that look in his eyes had just been so...hungry. She knew he wanted her badly and she could see that he was holding himself back and for some reason the combination of those two things just completely overrode her self control.

And then real life intruded. She tried not to let herself feel irritated. It wasn't Grants fault, it wasn't Corie's fault. He was working and she showed up unexpectedly, knowing it was possible he would be busy. She had actually wanted to wait until the next day, but Claudia talked her into coming tonight, not that it was a tough sell. She really did understand that he needed to go and she was glad that he was beginning to figure out what was going on with the restaurant, it was just that she was nervous about talking to him and now that it had been put off she had more time to stew about it. She decided to go out to the bar and have a drink while she waited for him to return.

Within a few minutes of standing at the bar a tall, good-looking man approached her offering to buy her a drink. He was dressed nicely in khaki slacks and a blue button up and looked slightly out of place. His blond hair was long enough in front to fall into his eyes and he smelled strongly of cologne.

"No thanks, I'm here with someone." She cringed at her unnecessary explanation as it was coming out of her mouth.

"Then he's an idiot. If you were here with me you certainly wouldn't be standing by yourself."

Anna clenched her jaw, irritated at his insinuation. "I appreciate the offer, but I don't want a drink, thank you."

"Alright, let me know if you change your mind," the man said with a grin.

Anna nodded, pointedly looking away. When she looked back the man was gone and she sighed in relief. She waved at Corie who came over with a beer.

...

Grant stormed in the kitchen door, startling one of the line cooks into dropping a plate of scallops. He hesitated for a second before deciding that it was more important to find out what was going on with his inventory than to help clean up the mess.

The manager's office was in the back and that's where he headed, knocking sharply before opening the door. Inside was his manager Craig and Janette, the cocktail waitress who had, until very recently, been filling in for Marie at the club. They were sitting on opposite sides of Craig's desk and as soon as he walked in Janette turned her mascara streaked face up to him.

"I didn't do anything wrong," she sobbed.

"Eric said he caught her stashing bottles in the ladies room," Craig said.

Grant dropped into the chair next to Janette, noting the way she glared at Craig when he spoke. Then her face morphed right back to pitiful innocence as she turned back to him. "Is that true?"

"Of course not."

"Craig could you go get Eric for me?"

Grant gazed at her as she pouted unattractively, silently begging him to take mercy on her. As soon as Craig was gone he got right to the heart of the issue.

"Did someone pay you to steal from me?"

Janette turned a sickly white and stared in disbelief for a few seconds before hesitantly shaking her head at him.

"You're lying. Tell me the truth, tell me who paid you off and I won't call the police and have you arrested. I know you aren't behind this, Janette. I honestly don't give a shit about you or the missing liquor, but I need to know who paid you off."

She remained silent, biting her lip and staring at the floor until Eric came in. He was tall and lanky with close cropped blonde hair, the only outward sign of anything out of the ordinary about him was the large open spacer the size of a nickel in his right ear. Grant knew the crisp long-sleeved white button-up hid a body covered in intricate artwork only because he'd first met the guy in the lobby of their tattoo artist's studio.

He stood up and shook Eric's hand, impressed all over again at the strength of his grip. For a skinny guy he was incredibly strong.

"Hey man, how's it going?" he drawled in his south Georgia accent.

"Could be better," Grant replied gesturing with his head at the woman silently crying in the chair next to him. "What went down tonight?"

"Well, you told me to keep an eye on her so when I saw her coming out from behind the bar carrying her purse I decided to see what she was up to."

"That perv followed me into the fucking bathroom. I should sue for sexual harassment."

Both men ignored her and continued their conversation. "She went in the ladies room and I went in behind her and heard what sounded like her moving the lid off the back of the toilet. I waited until she came out of the stall just in case, but when she saw me she tried to keep me out. I got past her and when I looked in the back of the toilet I saw two bottles stashed in there."

"He pushed me," Janette whined pitifully.

"You scratched the shit out of my neck, let's call it even," Eric said, leveling his gaze at her.

"So are you trying to say you didn't put those bottles there?" Grant asked, noting the red welts on Eric's neck.

"Yes. I mean, no. Okay look, I took those bottles tonight, but it's the first time I've done it. You guys are trying to pin more on me and I don't know what you're talking about."

"I've tracked the disappearances and they line up with your schedule, Janette. They trickled off the whole time you were subbing for Marie at the club. If I include all the missing bottles from the last six months it adds up to quite a large sum of money altogether. I'm giving you one more chance to tell me who's really behind this before I have you arrested."

He saw Eric's surprised look out of the corner of his eye, but stayed focused on Janette. She pursed her lips and seemed to debate with herself for a few minutes before shaking her head. Whoever it was must have either paid her a great deal of money or threatened her in some way.

"Fine." He pulled his phone from his pocket and dialed the police.

...

Anna checked the time on her phone again. She was surprised at how crowded the club had gotten in the last hour. It was hot and people were packed like sardines all around the bar so she gave up hope of getting another drink any time soon.

She was bored and unsure what to do with herself, but didn't want to leave either. She wandered aimlessly for a while, walking the perimeter of the dance floor letting the base thump through her body and watching the sweaty people rub against each other. Eventually she found herself back in the bar looking for an opening to order another drink.

"I don't suppose you were looking for me, were you?"

Anna jumped at the voice sounding so close to her ear and turned to see the blonde man from earlier in the evening standing uncomfortably close. "No, not particularly," she said apologetically, taking a step back.

"You're still alone," he pointed out unnecessarily. "Why don't you let me get you that drink now?"

Anna debated for a moment and then decided it couldn't do any harm. It was just one beer and she didn't feel like fighting her way to the bar. She shrugged and said, "Alright, if you insist. I'll take a Yeungling."

The man grinned like he'd won the lottery and Anna felt a pang of guilt. She almost called him back to say nevermind, but he disappeared into the crowd before she had the chance. She bit her lip in consternation, wondering whether Grant would be upset, and then rolled her eyes at herself. It was just a beer. And maybe there was a tiny part of her that thought he deserved to be a little jealous of her every once in a while. Turnabout being fair play and all.

She wandered over to watch the ongoing pool game. No one she knew was playing, it was way too crowded for Dan and his buddies to be there, but the two men that were playing were good and she was just starting to relax and enjoy herself when the blonde man appeared at her side with a beer.

"Thank you so much, I really wasn't looking forward to trying to fight my way to the bar."

"No problem at all," he assured her. "I was happy to run into you again."

"Look, I don't want to give you the wrong idea. I appreciate the drink, but I'm still here with someone else. I'll pay you for the drink if you want, I just-"

"Please," he said with a smile, waving his hand dismissively. "It's just a beer."

Anna smiled back and turned back to the game, taking a deep drink. "These guys are pretty good, I wonder if they're betting," she said to make conversation. She wondered how long she was obligated to stand there with him before it was socially acceptable to walk away.

"I don't know, but I noticed that one of them's drinking and the other one isn't, so if anyone is taking bets my money is on the sober guy. You should never drink when you're playing for stakes."

Anna laughed and nodded, taking another drink. "I guess that means I shouldn't get in on the game."

"No probably not," he said with an odd smile. A few minutes passed and he spoke again, "So where is this guy you're here with?"

Anna thought she detected a hint of disbelief in his voice and felt another flash of irritation at him. His eyes raked over her, making her feel intensely aware of how little she had on. She hadn't planned to be hanging around in the club tonight and only wore the little dress for Grant's benefit. The way this man was staring made her want to pull the smocked top up and pull the hemline down while she mentally cursed herself for not wearing any underwear. She thought maybe if she finished her beer she could find an excuse to shake him, so she took another long drink before giving him a vague reply. "He's here somewhere. Busy I expect."

"Hm."

Anna was sure now that he didn't believe her. And his cologne was starting to make her feel slightly nauseous. She looked at her half-empty beer and decided she didn't mind being a little bit rude. "Thanks again for the drink," she said with a terse smile. "I need to run to the ladies room."

Anna turned and walked away, thinking she maybe did need to go to the bathroom. She wasn't feeling very good all the sudden and the crowd and the heat weren't helping. She stumbled through the crowd, keeping her eyes on the floor to make sure she didn't trip. It seemed like the floor was uneven, though she'd never noticed it before.

She finally made it to the bathroom and fell inside, her head spinning. Only now there wasn't the excuse of the loud music and close-packed bodies. She sat down on a toilet, set her beer on the floor next to her, and put her head in her hands, trying to breathe deeply. It didn't seem like she'd drunk that much, but she couldn't really remember and it was giving her a headache to think so hard about it. Someone walked in the bathroom and loud female voices echoed through the small space. They were talking to her and suddenly she realized she was sitting on the toilet.

"Sorry," she mumbled as she stood up, catching herself on the stall door before she fell, then moving out of the way so the girl could get in the bathroom. She stood there, clinging to the wall for a minute.

Grant. She needed to find Grant. Grant would help her. Grant loved her. She loved Grant. So much it made her chest hurt to think about him sometimes. She smiled to herself and giggled at the thought, only vaguely recognizing a hint of hysteria in her own voice.

Panthem
Panthem
857 Followers