Turning of the Stars Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Panthem
Panthem
857 Followers

"You know the really shitty thing is that I probably would have screwed him, he didn't have to drug me to get in my pants." She laughed humorlessly and took another long drag on her cigarette. "Anyway, I came to when we got to the hospital and freaked out, refused to go in. So Grant took me home and cleaned me up and when I sobered up he told me what happened. He was furious and wanted to call the police, but he said it was up to me. I just wanted it to go away, forget it ever happened. If I'd known what he was thinking I'd have told him to call the police, but I didn't realize..." she trailed off staring into space.

"And then I didn't know what he'd done until the cops showed up at the club to arrest him a week later. I tried to tell them what happened, but they wouldn't listen to me and I didn't have any proof anyway. Grant wouldn't tell them what happened because it was all over the news and he was trying to protect me from the media shit storm. I told him not to, I tried to talk to his lawyers and everything, but again I fucking look twelve years old so no one ever takes me seriously. I did finally get someone to listen, but that was after he'd been convicted; after the news died down a little. It was the lawyer who handled his appeal, got the attempted homicide charge dropped and talked the judge into putting a word in for him to get out early."

"Well. I guess that's a pretty good reason to beat the shit out of somebody."

"Yeah. I mean, if it were someone else I'd think so. But it wasn't a fair trade. I'd have rather he not had to go through any of that. I'd go visit him in that place and just being there for an hour would have my skin crawling. I hated that he was stuck there because of me. It wasn't worth it."

"He says it was a blessing in disguise, that it changed him for the better."

Corie stared into the darkness with a wry smile. "I believe that. And I'm sure he's right in a lot of ways. I definitely don't miss all the drugs and the women. He was getting kind of crazy with all that there toward the end. The day he got out I picked him up and asked him what he wanted to do first. I thought maybe he'd want to go out eat or sit outside at a park or something like that. But no, he made me take him straight to the tattoo shop and he got that dragonfly on his back. I thought it was a symbol of being free from prison, but he said it was to remind him that he didn't have to go back to being the person he was before. But still, when he got out it was like he was unsettled. Like he'd lost something and he was searching for it. I don't know, maybe he was searching before. Maybe that's what all the partying was about."

They were quiet for several minutes as they stared out into the darkness. Anna was tossing a question around in her mind that she wasn't sure she should ask. Finally she admitted to herself that she couldn't help asking. She needed to know.

"Do you love him?"

Corie looked at her in disbelief. "You really are blunt, aren't you?"

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

Corie was silent for so long Anna thought she wasn't going to answer. Just as she was about to change the subject Corie spoke. "How could I not?"

Anna knew exactly what she meant, but didn't say so.

"It's been a while since I was IN love with him, though. I got tired of that. I mean, at some point I had to stop hoping; the constant disappointment was exhausting. I just wasn't on his radar, even when he was sleeping around. Not that I ever wanted him to see me the way he saw those girls. I'm like a sister to him; that's enough for me."

"You're his best friend."

Corie nodded. "He's mine, too." She held up the roach inquisitively. Anna nodded and Corie lit it, then passed it. Anna took a drag and almost choked on a lungful of smoke when Corie asked, "Do YOU love him?"

After a brief pause while she caught her breath, she answered. "Yeah, I do." In the silence that followed, Anna wondered what had possessed her to tell Corie when she hadn't told Grant yet, but she figured honesty deserved honesty.

"Good. He loves you too, you know."

"You think so?"

"No doubt. You know that thing I was saying about him searching for something?"

Anna nodded.

"He found it. I've never seen him look at anyone the way he looks at you."

"Celia said-"

"You can stop right there. That woman is full of shit."

Anna blushed hotly, glad it was dark and Corie couldn't see. "He told me they slept together. I thought maybe..."

Corie snorted. "I don't think they did much sleeping. She used to show up at the club every few months dressed like a high-priced whore, hanging all over him. They'd disappear into his office for a while and that was pretty much it. After a while though, she started coming more often, walking around like she owned the place; like she owned him. It got weird. We were all relieved when he finally saved up enough to buy her out, even Grant."

They heard the front door open and both turned to look at the same time. Corie startled her by grabbing her arm tightly. "Don't tell him what I said about...you know."

"I wouldn't."

"Thanks."

Grant came around the corner and they could see him inside looking around before he noticed the glass door was open. He came out on the deck and seemed surprised to see them out there together.

"Hey. I figured you guys would be sleeping," he said as he walked over and gave Anna a quick kiss.

"So I'm guessing there was no bomb or we'd have heard about it by now?" Corie looked worried, despite her words.

"No. They said it was a hoax. I don't know, though. It seems like a pretty big coincidence it happened the same night I caught Janette. I think there's something more going on, but the police don't seem to be all that interested. They were more interested in giving me a hard time for having to come out three times in one night. I might have Officer Cooper talked into believing me, but I don't think he can actually do anything about it without some kind of proof."

"Well, as long as the place is still standing I have to be at work tomorrow so I'm out of here. I'd like to get home before daylight."

"Thanks Corie. I appreciate everything," Anna said.

"No problem. See you guys later."

Grant turned and pulled Anna tightly into his arms, kissing her forehead. "You ready to go to bed?" he asked. He sounded casual, but she could feel him vibrating with pent up energy as he held her.

"Yes please," she said, kissing him softly on the neck and running her fingertips through his beard.

He took her hand in his, brought it up to his nose and sniffed it, then shook his head with a half-amused chuckle. "Did she get you stoned?"

"Mmhm," she said going in for another kiss. He kissed her briefly, but pulled back before she was ready for him to.

"Come on, let's go to bed. Corie's right, the sun will be up soon."

Anna looked up, surprised to see a faint light on the horizon, then nodded her acquiescence as a sudden exhaustion rolled over her. Grant helped her navigate the winding stairs and she fell gratefully into his huge bed, snuggling into the pillows and watching him as he took his clothes off. She never got tired of watching him undress, his tattoos just as mesmerizing now as they were that first night. He stripped down to his boxers and climbed into bed with her, lying on his side facing her, but not touching her. Anna ran a finger across the words on his chest.

"Human folly does not impede the turning of the stars," she recited, looking into his eyes.

"Maybe not. But sometimes it sure does feel like it makes the world stop."

To Anna's shock his eyes suddenly filled with tears and he quickly buried his face in the pillow to hide them from her. Her shock didn't last long, she reached for him, curling her arm around his shoulders and pulling his head into her neck, cradling him against her. He wrapped his arms tightly around her waist and lay there perfectly still for several long minutes.

He sniffed wetly and his voice came, muffled, from her neck. "Fuck, babe, I saw you lying there and I thought I was too late. I thought-" He cut himself off, unable to say the words. "And if I'd been a few minutes later-"

"Don't," she said, interrupting his speculation. "You weren't. There's no point in what iffing."

He snorted mirthlessly. "I can tell you've been talking to Corie."

"She's a smart woman."

"Did she tell you?"

"Yeah." Anna didn't need to ask what he was talking about.

"God, that was the worst moment of my life and it was like it was happening all over again tonight. Seeing her there...seeing you there. I should have been there for you, for both of you." He shuddered again, every muscle in his body tense. He took a deep breath and rolled away, wiping angrily at his eyes. "Fuck. I'm sorry. You're the one that ended up in the hospital and I'm losing my shit all over you."

"Don't be sorry," she said, then reached out and grabbed his chin, pulling his face so he was looking at her. "Don't be sorry," she repeated forcefully, not talking about the tears. "It wasn't your fault."

He nodded, but Anna could see her words hadn't convinced him. Maybe no words could. The anger and guilt and fear was plain in his eyes and he looked like he was wound tight enough to spring; his jaw clenched and his hands curled into fists so tight his knuckles were white. There was only one thing she could think to do that might help him.

She pulled her shirt off over her head and leaned over him, pressing her lips to his. Her hands rested against his chest and she felt his heart speed up as she kissed him hard, their lips grinding together, teeth bumping against each other. She forced her tongue into his mouth and he groaned, his hands sliding up her back to pull her closer.

Anna moved her hips against him, pressing her thigh between his legs to feel his hard length. And then out of nowhere his hands came up against her shoulders and pushed her gently away. He pulled back to look at her, breathing heavy and staring intently into her eyes as if searching for something.

"I need you," she whispered, slipping her hands around his neck. He grabbed her hands and pulled them away, holding them clasped between his. Anna felt like there was something lodged in her throat and tried desperately to swallow around it. "I'm not...he didn't..." Oh god, how was she supposed to say this? "Corie said she saw me...he didn't have time...but if you think...I mean you can use a condom if..."

"No, I know. Corie told me."

"So what's the problem, it's not like I'm tainted or anything."

He looked up at her with an expression somewhere between disbelief and anger. "Where the fuck did that come from?"

She felt her bottom lip tremble but held it back through sheer force of will. She was so done with crying tonight. When she spoke it came out as a whisper. "I get it, it's the same reason I took a forty-five minute shower." She rolled off his chest and tried to move away.

His expression softened and he sighed, wrapping an arm around her to pull her back to his side. He was quiet for several minutes before he spoke, but she could feel the tension still humming in his muscles. "I'm sorry. I'm just so fucking angry right now I feel like I'm about to explode. I'm seriously hanging onto my control by a thread here." He heaved another sigh and gently touched the purple bruise on her cheek. "I don't want to hurt you."

She pulled away from his hand and kissed his chest, moving up to his neck as she pressed her body against his. "You're not going to hurt me. I want you to fuck me, Grant. I need you to fuck me. Hard." He trembled all over and she felt the breath leave him in a rush. She tried to pull his head back down to her, but still he resisted, pulling back to look into her eyes. "Please?"

It was as if he'd been waiting for that one word, as soon as he heard it he rolled onto her, giving her back the rough kisses she'd given him a moment ago and more. Anna could only hold on for the ride as he ravished her mouth, sending shock waves of sensation all over her body. She felt his erection pulsing against her hip and moaned with desire.

She did need him. As much as he needed this release she needed to feel him moving inside her, his hands on her, the taste and smell of him filling her senses, banishing all thoughts of a stranger's hands touching her.

She whimpered as he moved away, but he yanked her pants off and was back on her in a flash, his boxers gone and his dick hot and hard against her bare skin. Anna tilted her head up to capture his bottom lip in her teeth, licking and sucking on it. His hands tangled in her hair, pulling slightly to angle her head back further and there was a split second pause before he simultaneously buried himself in her wet heat and pressed his tongue deep into her mouth. He swallowed her exclamation of surprise, unrelenting as he penetrated her at either end, filling her with himself.

He immediately began to thrust into her and she moved against him feverishly, trying to keep up with his frantic pounding. It quickly became apparent that she couldn't so she wrapped both legs around his hips and let him take complete control. He released her mouth to bite and suck at her neck, pulling her head back further to get more access. The hand that wasn't in her hair came up to grab her breast, squeezing the soft flesh and pinching tightly at her nipple.

Anna's hands weren't bound, but she felt just as much at his mercy as if they were. The sensations assaulting her body pushed her quickly toward climax and her first orgasm hit hard. Her whole body shook and she pulled against his hold on her hair, the sharp pain shooting her up even higher into the stratosphere.

Grant didn't slow down when he felt her contract around him, if anything he sped up and pounded into her harder, only vaguely aware of her fingernails digging into his shoulders and the animalistic noises she was making. It wasn't until she came the third time and her legs clamped so tight around him they restricted his movement that he finally slowed, letting her come down long enough to allow her legs to fall away.

"Say it again," he said, his voice hoarse in her ear, his hips still rocking steadily against her. He hooked his hand behind her knee and pulled it up to his waist. Anna's mind was spinning. She was a limp, incoherent puddle of pleasure and she had no idea what he was talking about.

"Say it again," he demanded louder, thrusting hard and grinding into her mercilessly.

"Fuck me," she murmured, beginning to return to her senses.

Grant pulled her head to the side and licked all the way up her neck from her collarbone to her ear, sending shivers down her spine. "All of it," he growled and then snaked his tongue deep into her ear.

"Oh god," she gasped as the sensation took her breath away. "Fuck me hard. Please, Grant. Fuck me hard."

In one smooth motion he let go of her hair and pushed his body up as he thrust deep inside her. He pulled her leg from his waist and hooked it over his shoulder, sliding even deeper, completely robbing her of breath as he pounded into her. Grant watched through hooded eyes as she writhed and shook under him; words he'd never heard her use pouring out of her mouth as she begged for more.

She screamed when she came, arching up off the bed and pressing against him, trying to take more of him inside her. Watching her in the throes of such intense pleasure pushed him over the edge and he thrust one final time before exploding inside her. As the tension drained from his body he let her leg slip from his shoulder and collapsed on top of her, cradled between her legs with her arms wrapped tightly around his body.

Several minutes later Grant smiled when he felt fingers gently playing with the curls at the back of his neck. "I know you probably can't breathe, but I don't ever want to move from this spot." He turned his head to bury it in her hair and took a deep breath, absorbing her fresh scent.

She tightened her arms around him, holding him in place. "Breathing is overrated."

He rolled off her, ignoring her objections, and pulled her close to his side. "Maybe so, but I kind of like you alive so it's probably best if you keep doing it."

Anna laughed breathlessly and kissed his shoulder.

"Mission accomplished."

"What do you mean?" she asked with a yawn, her eyes feeling heavy.

"I told you I'd make you scream my name. It took longer than I expected, but I knew it would happen eventually."

"Oh." She blushed, feeling oddly embarrassed. "I know I got loud, but I have no idea what I was saying."

"Well don't quote me on this, but it was something along the lines of 'fuck yes fuck me make me come oh god harder god yes Grant.' And by the time you got to that last part you were definitely screaming, so yeah. Mission accomplished."

"Shut up, I don't talk like that." She pressed her forehead against his arm, and covered her face so he wouldn't see her blush.

"That's what made it so damn hot." He pulled her hand away from her face and kissed her. "Don't hide from me."

"I blame the weed."

"Then I'll have to see to it you get high more often."

Anna laughed and cuddled close to him, kissing him on the shoulder. "You wore me out," she said with another jaw-cracking yawn.

"Likewise," he mumbled against the top of her head. "Been a long night."

"Mmhm." She closed her eyes and snuggled into him, expecting to fall right to sleep, but the events of the night kept running through her head. It felt like a million years ago that she'd showed up at the club to tell him-

Her eyes flew open. How could she have forgotten? She looked up to see if he was still awake, but his face was relaxed, his long lashes resting on his cheeks. Anna laid one hand gently on his cheek. "I love you too," she whispered softly.

Anna wrapped her arms around the man she loved and buried her face in his neck. The last thing she remembered was his fingers trailing down her spine and his lips brushing her temple before she dropped into a deep sleep in his arms.

...

Anna was running for her life trying to escape the aftermath of a hurricane in the Florida Keys. She was so absorbed in her book that she didn't notice the bell indicating that someone had come in, and she almost jumped out of her stool when a man cleared his throat right next to her.

"I'm so sorry to startle you," he said with a charming smile that crinkled his blue eyes adorably. His softly graying light brown hair was slicked back, but a few strands had escaped and lay so artfully across his forehead Anna found herself wondering whether he'd done it like that on purpose.

She laughed nervously as she righted herself on her seat. "That's okay; I should have been paying more attention."

"I hated to interrupt; you appeared to be enjoying your book very much."

She turned the book over to let him see the cover. "Their Eyes Were Watching God. I highly recommend it."

"I'll certainly keep it in mind." He folded his arms and leaned forward on the counter, looking intently at her.

"Can I help you with something?" she asked, the hairs rising on the back of her neck. There was something familiar about him, but she couldn't figure out exactly what it was. His smile was a little disconcerting, as if he knew a secret about her that she didn't know.

"I sure hope so," he said as his eyes drifted over her body. She had the sudden urge to cross her arms over her chest, but then his eyes met hers and the familiar look of desire she saw there sparked a response in her own body. She knew instantly who the man was.

"You're Grant's dad," she gasped.

"Well, that's not how people usually define me, but it's true nonetheless. I am Don Roderick, and it's always a pleasure to meet such a lovely young lady," he said with a smile, extending his hand across the counter toward her.

Panthem
Panthem
857 Followers