Twelve Realms Ch. 09-10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ed, I want you to know I approve," Fiona told him from where they sat across from each other on the transport taking the three young people, along with Sabbatical's Duke and Duchess, to Terra for the Winter Solstice festival.

"I'm glad, Baby Girl," Ed said, smiling up at Melissa as she took her seat next to him.

"I wasn't intending to do any match-making here," Fiona grinned, "but I have no complaints about the two of you getting together."

"It'll be good to be home again," Edward said, changing the subject. "Are you going to be okay?"

"I... I think so," Fiona stammered, not sure how she'd face Jacob after her holiday.

"Just stick with me and you'll be fine," Edward told her. "Jake is sure to be there, too. He'll keep you safe."

Fiona blanched at mention of Jake, but nodded at her brother. For his part, Edward noticed her color drain but didn't associate it with Jacob thinking instead that it was her general worry about returning to Terra.

***

While Fiona was on Sabbatical Jacob threw himself into his work with the king. William was keenly aware of his squire's desolation, but he chose not to call attention to it, all too cognizant of its cause and powerless to bring happiness to the young man. Sparta was never a particularly jovial nor gregarious person but the departure of the princess brought him a misery that he could not have expected. The king did his best to keep Jacob occupied over the cycles following Fiona's departure on holiday. Eventually Jacob seemed to recover from his sorrow but he never returned to the level of cheerfulness he had before the Royal Progress.

"Jacob," the king announced one morning the cycle of the Winter Solstice," Edward will be returning next week and he and James will receive their spurs and become knights."

"Yes, sir," Jacob said, knowing this news also meant the return of Fiona. Not a day went by that he didn't think about her late night visit to his room before she left. His thoughts lingered on the smell of her, the taste of her under his mouth, her perfect, luscious breasts in his hands. His body ached for her. He pressed his eyes shut at the memories.

"The Queen asked for help with contacting musicians for the ball. I talked to Mistress Camilla to get some recommendations."

"Excellent, Jake.

"Fiona will be back. I'm sure you know." The kindly look on the king's face almost made Jacob angry.

"Yes sir," Jacob swallowed, his Adam's apple trembling.

"You will not seek her out. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir."

"We can hope that the ardour has worn off with time and distance. But we shouldn't chance that it has not by throwing the two of you together. You will keep your distance, Sparta. It is your duty."

"I understand."