Twenty Great Films, Twenty Great Gifts!

Story Info
For the Movie lover on your list.
1k words
3.9
21.1k
0
1
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lindiana
lindiana
156 Followers

What better time of year to give the gift of a great film than at Christmas? For most of us in the northern hemisphere, Christmas also signals the beginning of winter and long cold nights stuck home beside the fireplace watching movies. So help them out!

Star Wars Trilogy: THX (1995) by George Lucas

Yes, yes, yes, I know everyone has a copy of the original somewhere. I am a diehard fan and had three copies before I sold my coveted Letterbox edition. Hey, I needed the money! But if you want to be true to the series, skip the newer Special Editions which feature Han shooting second and Luke screaming like a girl and look for a used (meaning no longer available as new) version of this boxed set.

Indiana Jones Trilogy: THX (1999) by Steven Spielberg and George Lucas

Yes, yes, I know everyone has a copy of this trilogy as well. Yes I am biased. Yes I love George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. But mostly I love Harrison Ford. What can I say, the man is hot.

When Harry Met Sally (1989) by Rob Reiner

This is one of my all-time favorite movies because it just does everything right. First off, it features a fabulous cast including Carrie Fisher! So that is 6 Harrison Ford films and 4 Carrie Fisher films on my list so far for those keeping track. Meg Ryan is wonderful, she is always wonderful and the story is heart-warming and sweet. Buy it.

The Terminator (1984) by James CameronTerminator 2 (1991) by James Cameron

I admit I have not seen T3 and frankly next year it might be on my list. But I won't recommend a movie I do not own in my own personal collection. And I will tell you so far I do own all of these movies. I do not believe in buying a movie that I know for a fact I will not watch repeatedly. Therefore, my video collection is extremely small (well two versions of the original Star Wars trilogy take up most of the space) but eclectic. And these two I do own too.

Ghost (1990) by Jerry Zucker

I know that some of you will find this movie campy. Some find it God awful. I like it. Demi is cute, Patrick is nice and Whoopi is funny. And the ending kiss scene is a great one to make a move on a girl. Go for it!

Dirty Dancing (1987) by Emile Ardolino

Yes this is #2 for Patrick Swayze. There is no way you cannot like this film. Jennifer Grey is adorable as Baby. Patrick shows us he knows how to dance. And the story is romance out of a fairy tale.

Grease (1978) by Randal Kleiser

Sure John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John were way too old to play high school attendees. But that doesn't mean the story is not well done, the music unforgettable and the dance scenes calling to mind the great musicals of the 1950's and 1960's.

Night of the Comet (1984) by Thom Eberhardt

It never fails that in these lists you always have that oddball film you have never heard of and yet it somehow makes the list. This is mine and yes I do own a copy. This is a great campy Sci-fi film that is fun and easy to watch. And for all you crazy Trekkies, it features Robert Beltran (Chakotay,Star Trek: Voyager) pre-Voyager and without his famous facial tattoo.

Lolita (1997) by Adrian Lyne

Well if any of you have read my stories, you will know I am fond of incest. This is the classic of classics when it comes to incest. And this film is so beautifully done, it is easy to get involved with the story and not be totally disgusted by the fact that he is having sex with his teenage stepdaughter. Kinky but a lovely film but if you buy it as a gift, make sure they have a kinky side as well!

That concludes the section of my list that I own on video myself but here are a few more titles that I do not own but certainly will add to my collection soon!

The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964) by Charles Walters

Based on a true story, this unforgettable musical features the wonderful and talented Debbie Reynolds (aka Carrie Fisher's mother!) as Molly Brown. My sister and I are great fans of movie musicals and this is one of our all time favorites. Don't tell her but I am going to pick this up for her for Christmas this year.

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954) by Stanley Donen

Another favorite old Hollywood musical of my sister and mine. It is a great story of a woman (played by Jane Powell) who marries a man (played by Howard Keel) who has six unmarried brothers. Once she marries into the family, she takes it upon herself to find brides for all her brothers in law. And she does it wonderfully. Another classic!

Gone with the Wind (1939) by George Cukor

Rhett Butler. Scarlett O'Hara. One of the greatest love stories ever told. A great year for films as well asThe Wizard of Oz by Victor Fleming among other beloved titles was also released in 1939, often referred to as Hollywood's Golden Year.

Funny Girl (1968) by William Wyler andFunny Lady (1975) by Herbert Ross

Barbra Streisand has made some wonderful movies but I do prefer her musicals. These are my two personal favorites and would make a great gift for anyone on your list.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) by George Roy Hill

The quintessential western starring two of the greatest actors of our time, Paul Newman and Robert Redford. The film never ages and neither do the stars. If they need a western in their collection, this is the one to buy.

And that completes my recommendations for film-gift giving. Most of these titles are not available on DVD however so you will need to look for that old standby VHS. Hope your holidays are filled with as great memories as these films have provided!

lindiana
lindiana
156 Followers