Twilight Romance

Story Info
Two older lovers meet.
3.6k words
4.41
17.3k
9
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jane devoured her U3A classes. Literature, history, art all gave meaning to her life, especially now that she was on her own and retired from work. In a small country town opportunities to indulge in them were rare or infrequent. University of the Third Age was a breath of fresh air, classes where volunteer tutors, members of the third age themselves, shared their enthusiasm for subjects which in many cases they had been absorbed in for a lifetime. What riches to share. For retired academics, teachers, professionals, or just plain enthusiasts, designing and presenting their courses gave structure and meaning to their lives as well as to those that came to learn.

It was the joy of sharing ideas, enthusiasms, appreciation of the same quirks of language, discovering new, previously hidden, or unappreciated stories, lives, eras. So refreshing to the mind and it made one feel more alive somehow, and one class could certainly brighten a day, or more, even perhaps lead to a new interest, travel to a new place, new books, pictures. Such promise.

Promise was not always met unfortunately, and Jane had met with the odd dud. Everyone has their own wavelength. Openness to new approaches and unfamiliar ideas has its limits, perhaps more so as the years advance. Course participants would try a class with a new tutor and soon find whether they were suited or not. As in life, if they were really suited they wanted more. "Are you going to offer another class next year?" and comments like, "My friend Julie said I would enjoy your class." indicated that the new tutor was appreciated and being talked about positively, and eventually they might get a "following".

After a couple of weeks of attending his first class Jane felt that she might be becoming one of Andrew's followers, rather speedy for her. Could this quality and freshness be maintained for the full duration of the course? Jane found herself looking forward to Wednesday afternoons, and going home with her mind buzzing with words and ideas. Andrew was an enthusiastic presenter, loved words and loved sharing passages that he loved, and loved it even more when people in the class loved them too. Often this would be indicated by smiles, or quiet sighs of satisfaction from his audience.

After a few weeks of looking out at a sea of faces, many of them showing such signs of satisfaction and connection, Andrew noticed Jane. She was younger than many of those present, perhaps sixty, concentrating intently, and smiling happily and knowingly, when the same things that excited him excited her. As the weeks passed Jane appeared regularly in the same seat, with the same wry smile, and he found himself beginning to look at her to see whether she was approving the "pearls" that he most wanted to be appreciated. And she was. There were certainly others in the group who were attending and smiling as regularly, but he was not noticing them.

Jane found herself looking forward more and more to Andrew's classes. Besides his words and ideas, she was beginning to appreciate other things about him, his gentle shy smile, his soft cultured voice, even his taste in shirts. As the weeks ran on she began to think about Andrew more and more, particularly as their glances seemed to meet more often and more meaningfully. By this point, unbeknown to each other, both of them were beginning to have the same thoughts. A mixture of quiet excitement and uncertainty. Both were not as self assured as perhaps they should have been, and both were feeling that the other being so relatively desirable it was unlikely that they were going to be available to, much less interested in, them.

So when Jane stayed behind after the penultimate class, Andrew was taking deep breaths and composing himself.

"I just wanted to tell you that I've really enjoyed your class, and I was wondering whether you were going to offer another next year?" Jane had rehearsed these words carefully and tried to present them in a neutral way without a flicker of flirtation. She wasn't bold enough for that.

"Thank you, it's nice to know that someone has enjoyed it." Andrew said with his shy smile. "Actually, I have been thinking about offering something else along the same lines. That's of course if anyone is interested."

"Well, I certainly would be, and judging from comments and discussions in the coffee break I'm sure you would get quite a few from this group at least."

Andrew was a bit taken aback, "Do you really think so?"

"Yes, I'm quite sure of it, you really make it all so interesting and give everyone a lot to think about."

"Thank you," said Andrew, looking rather bewildered, "I've noticed how much you seem to enjoy the class and find the same things as I do profound or amusing or whatever - we usually seem to be on the same wavelength!"

"Yes, I thought that too," said Jane, a little more emboldened, and with a knowing smile. "Look, sorry, I've got to go, I live with my mother and she has early dementia and I don't like to leave her on her own for too long."

"Don't let me hold you up, and thanks so much for the positive feedback. Perhaps I will offer that class!" Andrew's eyes gleamed and he hoped he didn't betray his elation too much.

In the nature of these things, serendipity often steers the course. It was not long before Andrew found himself browsing in the local bookshop when a voice behind him brought him back to the moment.

"Hello!"

Andrew turned, "Oh Jane, hello, how are you?" he said, with more feeling than perhaps was called for.

"Fine thanks, have you thought any more about another class?"

"I have actually, thanks to your prompting, and I have a few ideas." He paused. "Hey, you wouldn't have time for a coffee to kick them around with me would you?"

This was a bit sudden for Jane. But her heart leapt and she decided for once to follow it. "Yes, fine, I'd be pleased to help, especially if it means another class!"

Over coffee, the ice broken, Andrew began to talk animatedly about his ideas for the new course. Slowly, together, they began to shape it. Andrew was surprised how useful Jane's suggestions were and how perceptive she seemed to be.

"How did you come to know about that!" he enquired.

"Well I taught English at the local independent school, that's what brought me out of London to this area 15 years ago when my marriage broke up."

"Really? I was an English teacher too for a while, then I went into journalism because I wanted to spend more time writing. Latterly I've been freelance, though I don't do much work these days. Like you, I guess, I moved out of the rat race seeking country calm after my wife died a few years back, but my children are still in London."

An hour of life story sharing and finding much common ground ensued, both parties being considerably emboldened by the process.

"Wow! The time's got away, I really need to go, can't leave Mum for too long! I've really enjoyed our chat!"

"Thanks for your suggestions about the course, although all that seemed to get forgotten as we shared more about ourselves. I'd like to talk some more about it. Could you get away one lunch time for a meal somewhere? We could drive out into one of the villages?"

"That would be lovely, when are you free?'

"How about Friday, I'll pick you up if you give me the address."

Friday took an inordinately long time to arrive and when it did the morning seemed to extend into an eternity, but at last there was a knock on the door.

"I thought we'd drive out to the Marlborough Arms at Welford, should be fairly quiet at this time of year?"

"Sounds good to me, I've heard good things about it but never been."

It was an uncharacteristically sunny day, the countryside looked at its best, as did Jane and Andrew, both buoyed by the excitement and possibilities of a new friendship. After a perfect lunch and some fine wine both of them mellowed into the afternoon. They felt so easy in each other's company and their real selves began to be exposed as more common ground and common interests were revealed.

On the way home Andrew stopped the car on Black Bluff for the fine view across the vale towards the distant mountains.

"Wonderful isn't it?"

"Yes, you feel on top of the world here. Thanks for a lovely lunch and a lovely day, I've really enjoyed it." She touched Andrew's arm in gratitude, he lent towards her and kissed her willing lips, very softly and gently. Jane felt light headed and warm inside. "When am I going to see you again?" she asked.

"Just as soon as you like," Andrew smiled.

Over the next couple of weeks they went out together several times, a drink, a drive, a film. Both looked forward to these outings more than they would care to admit and the relationship grew. Jane saw, with some trepidation, where all of this might be leading.

"Hi Linda, I've met a man!"

"A man! You - how wonderful, what's taken you so long!"

"I need to talk, can I come over?"

Linda had been married twice, had lots of relationships, and was far more worldly that Jane, who badly needed advice.

"Look, I really like Andrew, we really get on so well and I'm finding him more and more attractive. We've been out several times and he's been a perfect gentlemen, but the chaste kisses are beginning to get more urgent. Linda, I'm really worried. I'm sixty, carrying a few more pounds than I should be and sagging in all the wrong places. I haven't had sex for 10 years and really haven't felt the need for it. But now I seem to be waking up again! I'm worried I won't know what to do and I'm frightened that when he sees me without any clothes on he'll run a mile!"

"Jane, how old is this man?"

"Just a few years older than me."

"And you're finding him attractive - does he have any hair left?"

"Yes, he's going grey and it's thinning a bit, but he is still very good looking."

"So are you Jane, and I'm sure he is finding you just as attractive as you are finding him. People still find the opposite sex attractive at any age. And if you care for someone and they make you happy those little signs of ageing don't matter, and they seem to matter even less as we grow older. Just relax and enjoy!" She paused, "When did you last have an orgasm?"

Jane looked shocked, this was a very personal question. "Well Richard and I split up 15 years ago and there have only been a couple of brief relationships since. I soon worked out that they just weren't going to work and the sex was pretty rubbish. So, alright, it must be at least ten years."

"Don't you ever get turned on by things you read, films, that sort of thing?"

"Well I guess so, but not to the extent that I want to do anything about it!"

"This is really difficult for me to understand. I hardly go a week without an orgasm, man or no man! Perhaps you should try masturbating, just to get in touch with what you like and don't like again?"

Later Jane pulled down from her book shelves some books with sex scenes that she particularly remembered as exciting, turned down the lights, turn on some sweet music, drank two glasses of wine, took off her trousers and began to read. As she read, she began to experience a warm feeling in her vagina. Sliding her hand slowly into her knickers, she felt her pubic hair and labia. Gently she explored her outer labia and began to feel the need to touch her now wet slit, soon finding the swollen nub of her clitoris. She sighed deeply, that was so good!

She massaged herself gently at first and then increasingly urgently as the tension began to build. She slipped two fingers into her vulva and began to remember how much she used to enjoy sex with Richard. Now more urgent, she stroked gently in all the places that most excited her, while her other hand moved almost instinctively to her now rigid nipples. Her pace quickened now, her breathing deepened, her excitement soared, and she soon reached the point where her vulva began to contract rhythmically, and a great wave of violent orgasm swept over her shuddering body. "Oh, shit, ooooh! Aaaargh!" she screamed as the excitement raged through her entire body. She shuddered gently again, and relaxed into the warmest glow she could remember in a long while. "Wow, that was fantastic," she thought, and began to think of Andrew as she drifted into sleep.

"I wondered whether we might go to London for a play?"

"Exactly what kind of play did you have in mind?" Jane smirked.

"Oh! I really didn't mean it like that at all," said Andrew, embarrassed.

"I think it's a very nice idea, thank you for asking me. There would be conditions though."

"Oh, I quite understand, I wasn't suggesting..."

"I really like you Andrew but I don't want to rush into anything. I need time and affection, wooing I guess. But I would like to sleep in your arms, without any sex. Perhaps you think that's a bit weird?"

Andrew swallowed, "Well I certainly didn't expect that sort of invitation, and I'd be very happy indeed to accept!"

Jane appeared rather shyly from the bathroom wearing a very chaste long sleeved nightgown that concealed the fact that she was also wearing her knickers. Andrew, suitably pyjamaed, was already in bed.

"Which side would you prefer to sleep," he asked.

"Would you mind being on my left?"

"No, fine with me."

Jane climbed in beside him and snuggled up with his arm around her. "Ummmm, that's really nice, so warm, friendly and relaxing."

"Yes, I really miss having someone in my bed, it's one of life's greatest pleasures. And it feels so right with you."

Jane was soon asleep in Andrew's arms, feeling more safe and contented than she could ever remember. Andrew felt so happy and privileged that this lovely woman was so trusting of him, and was grateful for her warmth and comfort. He couldn't help but be aroused by all this pleasure, but he meant to keep the promise he had made.

Andrew woke first and saw Jane's relaxed face on the pillow beside him, she looked so peaceful and content. He too had slept deeply and soundly, relaxed by the warmth and closeness. Jane opened one eye and grinned from ear to ear.

"Good morning, did you have a nice sleep?"

Andrew sighed, "Slept like a babe. I can't believe how wonderful it seems to be in bed with you. I feel so relaxed and happy!"

They drew together in a close hug and Jane began to cry.

"Whatever's the matter?"

"Nothing is the matter. I'm just so happy and contented. It all seems so right, like a dream, and I don't want to wake up!" Andrew kissed her gently on the lips. "All I want now is for you to make love to me, slowly and gently."

Andrew kissed her gently again and stroked her neck. Jane kissed him more urgently and began to undo the buttons on his pyjama top. Taking her lead, Andrew began to undo the buttons down the front of her nightdress.

Jane sighed appreciatively as she felt his hands moving under the nightdress and onto her breasts. Andrew exhaled in a long slow sigh as his hands began to explore her erect nipples. She tousled his hair and pulled his head towards her chest. Andrew circled her nipples with his tongue and nibbled them affectionately. Jane held him to her, as his hands began to lift her nightdress at the back, allowing him to gently stroke her lower back.

Jane kissed Andrew firmly and began to stroke his chest appreciatively. Having undone his pyjama top, she moved to his waist and began to unbutton the trousers. Reaching inside she gently grasped his penis which was rigid and hard with desire. Andrew gasped, and responded by moving his hands from Jane's back to her stomach, edging his fingers towards the top of her knickers. Jane was breathing heavily now, as was Andrew, and she made no move to slow the pace of things.

Andrew's hand slid under the elastic and down into her triangle of curls. Jane squirmed as he gently massaged her pubic area and teased the inside of the top of her thighs. Her legs relaxed and opened slowly in encouragement. She moved her hands to his engorged member and began to stroke the bulbous end, very softly and affectionately. They looked into each other's eyes and smiled happily.

"Are you OK?" asked Andrew.

"Oh, yes. Why don't we get rid of these clothes, they seem to be getting in the way of things, and I'm not feeling at all shy now!"

Andrew lifted her nightdress and pulled it over her head, while Jane slid off his jacket. Both looked appreciatively at the other's body.

"Wow, you really are beautiful and you look so happy!"

"Thank you, I feel beautiful thanks to your appreciation and gentleness, and don't feel embarrassed like I thought I would. And you look and feel nicer than I'd hoped," said Jane, as her hands moved to the waist of his trousers and began to remove them.

Andrew had his thumbs in the elastic of her underwear and drew her knickers down and over her feet. He had his first view of her hips and bush, and kissed his way down from her pert nipples through her stomach to her pubic area. He kissed her mound and the inside of her thighs while she moaned and held his head to her.

"I'm not really into oral, but I'd love it you could stroke me gently down there."

Andrew moved to kiss her throat, neck and lips while his hands gently explored her inner thighs and outer labia. He felt how wet she was at her entrance. She felt his member more urgently now, and he had to stop her because he was so close to coming. Slowly and gently he rubbed at her wet entrance and into her juicy slit. Jane gasped and wriggled. Andrew found the hard nub of her clitoris and began to stimulate it as gently as he could manage given his growing excitement. Jane gave a little shout of pleasure and kissed him passionately. After a little while she tensed, shuddered and moaned with a small clitoral orgasm, just a precursor to the main course yet to come.

After more exploration and cuddlings, kisses and smiles of happiness, Jane looked lovingly at Andrew.

"I feel I'm ready for you now, both emotionally and physically, but you will need to be gentle and loving as I haven't done this in a long while and never with a man so kind and considerate as you."

Andrew smiled, "You are just so beautiful and amazing, I feel that things are so right between us and I do want to make you so happy. You'll need to be gentle with me too as I'm so full of desire that I am not going to last very long! Let me get you to a point where you are ready to come and then I'll come into you."

Jane nodded, smiled and pulled his hand towards her excited pussy. Andrew felt he wet entrance and stimulated her clitoris and the surrounding areas before inserting his index finger slowly into her receptive vulva, stroking the front wall. Jane moaned and thrust her hips, she was close now and wanted him so badly.

"Oh, Andrew, come into me now!"

Jane opened her legs and Andrew eased himself between them. He was rock hard and feared he might come before he could get into her. It was a long time since he'd been with a woman or been so excited and he felt himself beginning to shake.

Jane was moaning and groaning now and could barely keep herself still. She reached down and felt the head of his member. It seemed to throb and was wet at the end with pre cum. Andrew felt for her warm wet channel and guided himself slowly into her.

It was so soft, wet and warm, as he introduced his head inside, and she arched her back with pleasure and began to moan again as he thrust gently to his full length. He was concentrating hard now on pleasuring her and trying so hard to make it last. After a few gentle thrusts which Jane met urgently, she felt her orgasm hurtling towards her like an express train. She threw her head back, opened her mouth and screamed wildly, her tension released as her vulva contracted uncontrollably and a violent thrilling orgasm consumed her whole body.

Andrew was completely overcome as she began to orgasm and he thrust into her, his penis enormously engorged, and exploded vigorously inside her, his balls quaking with a series of violent contractions and thrills which he thought might never cease.

12