Twisted Royal Ch. 01

Story Info
They just needed the money. Now they have to save a kingdom.
3.3k words
4.21
13.2k
8

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/09/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A/N: This is my very first submission on literotica. This story will have romance and some light vanilla sexual interactions later. But it's mostly plot and development.

§ is a symbol that will be next to a word in my story that will be defined at the end of a chapter. This is a made up world, so there will be some strange words/and or languages as well as unfamiliar terms.

oOo

Dashe wasn't a bad person. She just didn't like people fucking with her. Since day one she had been thrown into a world of darkness and pain, so she wanted to make the best of the life she had now.

She wasn't too clear on the details of her past. She remembered light, and then she remembered the darkness of the night surrounding her, along with the warmth of a blanket. Mother Teresa had said her mother left her in a basket in front of the orphanage, and that she and the other 'Mothers'§ had taken her in because if they hadn't, she would have been found by an Imperial guard§ sooner or later.

Even then those damned intimidating Imperial 'soldiers' had been scaling the nights, making sure no unauthorized citizen or foreigner was out past the city curfew. If they had found her, she would have been a walking dead man- er, baby.

Things hadn't really increased in favor for Dashe after the Mothers took her in though. She had been only four at the time, but that was an early age to be exposed to such abuse and mistreatment. Not just from the Mothers, but the other children too.

Dashe had the dark bronze skin and curly mass of raven hair that only Nabrenians§ had, not to mention the large tattoo on her back that the Mothers had assumed was a birthmark. She was pretty much an outcast amongst her peers and the rest of the city. Which might not sound that bad if you didn't know the current state of affairs in the world of Navalice§.

Basically, she was a minority in her city. A minority whose originated ethnicity wasn't exactly held with pride. She wasn't a political person, but ever since running away from the orphanage with her two comrades, she had seen the affects of war and death firsthand.

The kingdoms of Nabren and Zavier were apparently at war with Genese, the current kingdom/city she resided in. She wasn't too familiar with why or how the war had started, but alot of the laws and restrictions had become more severe because of the war. Genese had already been an unethical place before, though the faults of the city were both hidden and generally unspoken of, but now the war had seemed to uncover the ugly inequality between noble and commoner.

Basically, taxes were rising sky high. Imperial soldiers had become more abusive of their power. Poverty wasn't that uncommon anymore, and Dashe had to struggle to keep her feet firmly set to the ground. For the last two years she had been free from the orphanage, and for the last two years she had been scraping by with her two friends; Kaime and Maire.

They had stuck together through thick and thin, and even though they all butted heads a bit, they would never abandon each other. Dashe considered them her family, and they knew it well despite her usual reserved personality .

Of course friendship wasn't going to pay the bills. For a while the three orphans had been homeless, and though Maire and Dashe weren't fond of stealing, they didn't reprimand Kaime as hard as they should have when he nabbed some wealthy democrats wallet. It put food in their mouths and clothes on their back, though the guilt was still there. Money never lasted however, and eventually they would have to skip a nights meal to work, work, work.

As it always was in the prestigious kingdom of Genese. The rich grew richer and the poor grew poorer. But she had a plan. Nevertheless if her pride would be intact by the end of said plan.

Yes, her pride had always been one of her most prized possessions. Though she had lived the majority of her life beaten and scorned by the orphanage Head Mother, and had also been under the scrutinizing of the entire Genesian race due to her darker skin and desertian attire, Dashe had always walked with her chin in the air and a sense of silent strength that no one could destroy.

Kaime and Maire had been the only two other orphans in her wretched former 'home' that Dashe had been close to. Kaime was a rowdy and too handsome for his own good thief who gave off the air that he only cared about himself. Yet he had always been protective of Dashe and Maire as if they were his sisters. It hadn't taken much consideration for him to dump his life in the slums of the orphanage to run off with his friends in the hopes of finding a better life.

Maire on the other hand, had been very reluctant to leave her old home. She liked to consider herself the more reasonable and down to earth of her friends. Despite her hate for the orphanage and the cruel money grubbers who ruled over it, Maire had been grateful for the roof over her head and the food, though meager, that was always present on her plate.

But even a roof over her head and food could never make Maire withstand the torture she had went through. Though she was the more respectably and obedient of the orphans she had scars etched along her back and arms as reminders of the abuse she had endured at the hands of the 'Mothers' of the orphanage. She had been the protector of the more smaller and weak children there and had payed the price for it. Eventually she had no choice but to run off with Dashe and Kaime.

It had been a rough road at first. They were orphans without a penny to their name after all. Kaime had resorted to thievery while Maire tried her game at singing in bars and cleaning houses. Dashe had become a waitress until her boss had no choice to fire her since so many of the tenants disliked a 'darkie' serving them.

Eventually they had gathered enough money to buy a small cabin like home on the inskirts of town. It was small and crowded, but it had a huge backyard and a large Airship Holder§ where the orphans usually found themselves sleeping in when the harsh cold winter hit. It didn't take long for the house to become a decent home for them, and despite Kaimes constant warnings that they would have to move eventually; they all grew fond of it.

And now they were about to lose it.

Dashe hadn't known what to do when she woke up to find an eviction notice hanging at the window of their front door. Due to the upcoming war many prices had risen in the kingdom of Genese, so now instead of having to pay 89 £ they had to pay 200 £. By the next sunrise no less.

Kaime and Maire didn't know. They had left the night before to get ready for another work filled day. So Dashe was the only one available to see this unpleasant surprise.

Maire would panic if she knew. And Dashe didn't even want to imagine how Kaime might react. He had never been on good terms with Sir Fringe, the landowner, and more than once Dashe had had to restrain Kaime from marching over to the mans mansion to give him a bloody eye. He wouldn't have stood a chance anyway. Sir Fringe was a paltry man but rather powerful, he could afford security. Not to mention his own daughter Stella, who Kaime had tried courting at one time to spite the man, was a powerful crystal mage in training.

They were screwed if they didn't find the money. She had to do something.

Quickly.

Dashe let out an inaudible sigh and pushed herself further into the shadows of the market roof. She had always been a stealthy person, and since the Market vendor had more than once ordered her to stay away from his shop, thanks to Kaimes rusty thievery skills no less, Dashe now had to be careful whenever she hid there.

Just as Dashe felt her back collide with a pillar on the roof, an idea struck her mind. When she had first ran away from the orphanage, her and her friends had split up to find some food before meeting at a dark alley, the only shelter option they had at the time.

She had run into a beautiful woman with a devil may care aura. It had been a dark night, and the memory was foggy. But Dashe couldn't help reminiscing on it.

oOo

-Flashback-

Dashe limped through the dark hidden passageways sloping through the city, a small pouch clutched in her dirty hands as she stayed in the shadows.

She couldn't afford for an Imperial guard to catch her and ask for her papers. Because she didn't have any. She had left them at the orphanage.

Her eyes were determined but her expression was stony as she trudged along. She was in pain, but she had managed to steal some bread and even a small sugary cake from the bakery across town. Of course the bakers son, a bulky meatball of a man, had managed to beat her soundly before she could escape.

Thankfully he hadn't seen her face or her skin in the dark room, so he wouldn't be able to identify her later. She had to move quickly though before he could alert the Imperials that a thief was on the loose.

It was a feat to be an amateur thief and still be breathing, and she was happy that she at least contributed something to the meal her and her friends would share at midnight. Kaime and Maire would be waiting for her, if they had found food already that is.

In times like these, it would be understandable -though dissapointing- if they hadn't found even a crumb.

And just as that sad thought crossed her mind, Dashe heard the sound of a young feminine whistle. Not a calling whistle, but a whistle that was high pitched and in tune as if someone was humming a song. Dashe felt her body tense as her eyes shot around the dim lit street. She pushed herself hurriedly between the brick walls of two of the closest buildings, ignoring the sharp pain that sprang through her ankle.

'Please don't let them see me...' Dashe prayed silently as she waited for whoever it was to pass. If it was an Imperial soldier.....

She didn't want to think about what would happen if she was caught. Her skin baring ripped clothes and mud caked skin, not to mention the concealed food would all rise up questions.

Already she could hear the sound of the whistle getting closer, and Dashe inched further along the thin passage between the buildings. Luckily her frame was small, but not small enough to squeeze through to the other side and run off. She'd have to wait. And she did. For several long seconds that felt like forever she waited with the pouch clutched to her chest and her breath caught in her throat.

And just like that, the whistle stopped.

A long beat of silence passed, the dim sound of the wind blowing being the only sound to grace Dashes ears. She waited a second, then another, before slowing opening her eyes and glancing to her left. She only saw a limited view of the street and a few buildings across from her. The only way to see more would be to come out of her hiding spot.

At that moment, the sound of the City bell rang out. Twelve times it chimed, signifying that midnight had approached. A strong feeling of reluctance overtook Dashe. What if the person hadn't gone? Sure, the whistling had stopped. But she couldn't be sure....

'Kaime and Maire are probably worried sick about me though.' She realized. And just like that, her consideration of her comrades outweighed her fear.

Seconds ticked past before Dashe slowly began to slide out of the thin passageway she was wedged into. Cold air hit her instantly as she stepped out into the open, and Dashe glanced around the city with a wary eye.

The view was normal as ever. Dark and gloomy, with only a few dim street lights lighting the enclosure. The windows of every building and house seemed to be pitch black, and the distant sound of rushing water from the City Fountain could be heard.

Dashe let out another relieved breath and let the pouch hang loosely from her hands as she took a moment to relax her nerves.

"A little late for a youngster like you to be out...." A soft voice called in the distance.

Instantly Dashes relaxed stance turned tense once more. Turning swiftly to the right, her eyes connected with a figure sitting calmly across the steps of one of the buildings a few feet off. On closer look it was a curvious woman in a long silky gold dress that matched the curls sailing down her back and shoulders. The lady had lips stained with red that seemed to be permanently set into a smirk.

Dashe took a tentative step backward.

'Now, now.' The woman said cheerfully, brushing strands of hair out of her face as she did so. "There's no need to run off. I'm not the type of woman to call an Imperial on such a poor girl..."

The womans sharp gray eyes assessed her appearance, and the stare made Dashe feel even more uneasy than before. She couldn't decide if she should just run off or speak. The woman had seen her face, though it was still pretty dark the street lights had made it easy to identify her.

As if sensing Dashes disdain, the woman sighed and slowly pushed herself to her feet.

"You're too young to be running about. Imperial soldiers could catch you and take you to jail. Not to mention you're a defenseless pretty girl, regardless of your filth. I'm a woman. I can handle myself, but you?" The woman scoffed.

A pang of irritation sprang forward like a slap to her face. She didn't even know this woman, and the woman didn't know her. Who was she to just insult her like that? In fact, the Imperials were more likely to try and bed that 'woman' than Dashe.. Her dress didn't leave much to the imagination, and Dashe said so. Her voice was low and raspy and practically a whisper, so the woman blinked in surprise when she spoke.

"Feisty, aren't you?" The woman replied after a moment of silence. The wind was becoming stronger, and though the street was relatively empty it might not be for long. Both of them seemed to realize this at the same time, and the woman stood up a little straighter.

"What's your name?" She demanded, putting a sharply fingernailed hand on her hip.

Dashe only stared at her.

"Come on now. I don't bite. And I hate the Imperials as much as anyone, I won't snitch to them. You just look hungry and cold. I'm not one to let a child die of starvation." The woman snapped when Dashe didn't reply.

Dashes dark brows rose slightly at this. Compassion was something very few had in the city. Especially toward her kind. The woman was intimidating and seemed like the type to be able to seduce with just words. But all Dashe saw when she looked at the womans face was strength and honesty, along with far too much rouge.

With a sigh she finally spoke. "My name is Dante Ashe...most know me as just Dashe." It felt weird saying her full name, especially to a stranger. Even Kaime and Maire never called her Dante Ashe.

The woman seemed to be unaffected by her strange foreign name though and simply nodded. At that very moment, the City Bell sounded again. Only this time it was just once, which meant they were already one hour into the new day. The loud Ding reverberated in Dashes ears, and she glanced behind her hurriedly. Kaime and Maire would definitely be at the alley by now.

Turning back to the woman, Dashe blinked when she saw her advancing quickly. Her first instinct was to flee, but the woman only stopped a few inches in front of her. She looked significantly more beautiful up close, though her expression was more grim than before.

"Here." The woman said softly as she held out her hand. A small necklace donning a crystal as blue and clear as water was set into her palm. Dashe stared at it in confusion before she realized the woman wanted her to take it.

The crystal felt cool and hard as it made contact with Dashes own palm, and the young girl couldn't help but admire it. The woman began to speak again.

"If you ever need some extra money, go to the downtown whorehouse and tell them you want to see Little Fox. Show them this crystal... and they'll let you in without a fuss." The woman met Dashes eyes with a sparkling smile.

"And who knows..." She continued slowly as she backed away. "Maybe if you gain some weight on your body, you can become the perfect escort§ someday."

And with those last offensive words, the woman turned and vanished into the night.

-End of flashback-

oOo

It was an unarguable bad idea. But it was an easy and quick way to get money without having to labor or steal. That 'Little Fox' lady might not still be there, but she said the people there would let her in without a fuss if she showed them the neckalice.

Dashe had worn it with her always since then, though she kept it hidden beneath her clothes so the Imperials wouldn't see it. Maire had admired it when she had first seen it, but even she didn't know where Dashe had found it. It was the only secret she kept from them.

A secret that was currently nestled under the collar of her blouse. She'd go there today and see how much of the womans words had been true. Maybe she would get lucky.

Dashe took a deep breath and stood to her feet. In a flash she was jumping from roof to roof, heading toward downtown Genese.

The Whorehouse was only a thirty minute walk. She'd have the money and be gone before Maire or Kaime even reached the house.

oOo

§Mothers: Female nuns who own and occupy the orphanage, feeding and supervising the children. The Head Mother is over them all.

§Imperial soldiers and/or guards: Feared soldiers who work for the council and government of Genese. They have strong authority over the common people and enforce their laws.

§Navalice: The universe and world in which the story takes place. It is an alternate universe to earth and has it's own laws and system in which people live. There is magic and medieval settings, but there are modern aspects in certain kingdoms such as advanced technology.

§Nabrenians: Natives to the kingdom of Nabre, most of who have tattoos signifying their status. They are commonly referred to as the slang term 'Desert people' and resemble Egyptians in some ways. The people of Nabre are currently at war with Genese and usually are racially discriminated against when venturing outside of their land since they are isolated people and generally misunderstood. Nabre is in alliance with Zavier.

§Airship Holder: A large enclosure, typically appearing as a huge garage, generally designed and built for holding Airships.

§ Escort: Escorts have many meanings. But the slange term is; A prostitute or sex servant, male or female, who is paid for pleasing clients.