Twists of Fate Ch. 01

Story Info
Fate plays a dirty game with their lives.
2.7k words
4.32
16.3k
1

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/26/2022
Created 02/28/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hellu guys!! Here is a new story I've been working on. Inspiration hasn't hit me yet to continue the chapters of To be transformed or not so hope you like reading this series while I work on the further chapters of the former one!! Keep the votes, rates and comments comming!!!

XXX

"Oh shit!! Oh shit..." she murmured as she rushed through the crowded corridors of her university. She was late of Prof. Tam's Economics class. That old man was one of the meanest people she'd encountered in the 21 years of her life. Those small wrinkled eyes of his were always looking for students making mistakes. On top of that, she had completely missed Ms. Young's Business Mathematics class. She had been on time the whole semester and now when the finals were just a month and half away, she was late. Hong Kong; the city that never sleeps. Yah right, she thought. She'd tasted the city last night and was paying the price this morning. She was sure to be busted. She couldn't afford to fail. Even though it was her first semester and she was a full scholarship student in the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Business School, she had never failed; ever. After four and half months of racking her brains over the boring assignments, she couldn't even think about failing.

She was lost in these very thoughts as she literally ran around the last bend of corridors to her class when she bumped against a solid chest. Her books went clattering to the floor. Her angry chocolate-brown eyes met dazzling emerald-green ones. She murmured obscenities as she bent to pick them up and rushed past him, not even waiting for an apology.

* * *

Terence Williamson stared in awe at the receding back of the girl he'd bumped into. She was in so much hurry; she didn't even bother listening to his apology. Then he saw her enter Prof. Tam's class and smiled to himself. That old geyser was always getting into people's nerves. He was ruthlessly rude, especially to people like him; people who were non-Asians. Even though she rushed away, he had a good look at her face. She had a wheat-brown complexion and huge brown almond-shaped eyes. Her dark hair was tied up in a pony-tail and she looked visibly irritated. But it was her eyes that caught his attention. They were so beautiful, he thought as he made his way to his car.

Pari Shrestha received a glare from her teacher. She was 15 minutes late and was fully prepared for the humiliation but he did nothing as such. All he did was give her a warning and go on with the lecture. She was glad; she'd always submitted his homework in time so he favored her. Another reason was the fact that she was an Asian. He always gave Asian students a second chance and she was Nepalese. Hence, she was saved from his possible wrath.

The rest of the day was eventless. She had four classes that day and for the rest of the day, she was free. So, she called her best friend Elsie Fung up.

"Hey Elsie, what are you ding right now?"

"Nothing much. Staying home and getting bored. This flu sucks. I got to stay home all day while you get to have fun. I'm so done with staying at home. I want to get out of here." Came a complaint from the other end.

Pari smiled.

"Don't be sour Elsie. If you want to come out then why don't we meet up? We could have a snack and then do some shopping. I was so tensed today, thanks to our 'night out'. I can't believe I always fall for your tricks. You didn't even have that silly cold till yesterday."

"Hehehe... you always make that mistake, missy. Ok, I'll meet you at McDonalds in 15 minutes?"

She hung up, smiling. Elsie always made her smile. She'd first come to Hong Kong 5 years ago with her uncle. He was a textile engineer and lived in Hong Kong with his family. Elsie was one of his friend's daughters and back then they were neighbours too. So, she and Elsie became fast friends and kept up with their relation there after. When she finished her high-school, Pari's parents decided to send her to Hong Kong for further studies and another year with Elsie ended them up as best friends. Elsie was a total chatterbox. Although her eyes were exceptionally small, she was beautiful with her creamy white complexion and jet-black hair. They both stood at a height of 5"2 and their body structures were more or less similar but Pari was the curvy one. Elsie was slim, a perfect size zero and although Pari desperately wanted to be a size zero, she couldn't. No amount of dieting or exercising seemed to help her. She had 33 B cup breasts. Her body tapered at her 25" waist and flared at her 34" hips. After months of unsuccessful tries to get rid of that body, she gave up.

When she got to McDonalds, Elsie was already seated with a burger and a can of Pepsi in front of her. She made her way to the table and was surprised to see another empty tray next to the one with the burger.

"Am I hallucinating or are you over eating?" she teased.

"Shut up P. I got bored waiting for you and ordered. By the way I've eaten mine and this one is yours." She replied pushing the tray towards Pari. She smiled. Elsie knew her so well.

"So tell me, why were you tensed? Some arse bothered you again?"

"No I was late for my economics class and I thought Prof. Tam would fail me."

"So did he?" Elsie cut in.

"No. surprisingly he didn't. I was already late and on the way, I bumped into some guy. I had to stop to pick my books and that only added to my tensions. Jesus, I didn't even wait for an apology."

"Poor guy. He missed his chance with you." Elsie added with a wink and Pari rolled her eyes.

They chatted about stuffs as she finished her burger. It was already 5:30 so they made a quick trip to the super market to buy some clothes. After that, they headed towards their apartment. She still had 2 assignments due tomorrow. As the semester was drawing to an end, her schedule was getting more and more hectic. No matter how early she woke up or how late she stayed up, it didn't seem to make things easier and to add to her list of agonies was her part-time job at a restaurant near her apartment. Elsie had forced her to live in her apartment and Pari put out a condition. She would pay her bills herself. So she took the job. Her social life was a ruin. Elsie was the only friend she had inside and outside campus but she was a Bio student and it didn't help much. She was single and while Elsie was always shagging someone or rather, 'dating' someone; she was still a virgin. Not that she had any complaints. It was not like guys didn't approach her, but she didn't care She wouldn't be able to keep up with anyone because her only goal right now was to graduate. Her parents weren't here to support her and although she came from an upper-middle class family back in Nepal, it made no difference here. She had to take care of herself and faffing about definitely didn't help.

* * *

Terence opened his flat door and got in. He took his jacket off as he made his way into the kitchen. Putting a bowl of pasta into the microwave, he unbuttoned his shirt and undid the holster underneath. No, he wasn't a gangster or a mafia gang leader but after being the son of a top business tycoon in the U.K., one had to be careful. His dad wasn't from the mafia either but in business rivalry, the underworld got involved anyways. That was the main reason he left the U.K. to study in Hong Kong. This place was like a safe nook for him. Further more, he wanted to live a normal life so he denied the security his father had offered. The Williamsons and the Taylors had been business rivals since what seemed like centuries ago and they were always after each other's neck. He shook his head and his thoughts travelled to the girl he bumped into earlier. She was rather short, well he stood at 6"1 and any girl would look short to him. She was delicately beautiful, almost fragile. He was definitely not a skirt-chaser. Rather, he was chased around by skirts. He had jet black hair and green eyes. His body was leanly muscled which was always fancied by girls and it gave him that 'anime' type look. But he didn't want those girls like he didn't want this girl who was calling him right now. He rolled his eyes and tried to remember how many times he'd told her to go away but she seemed too thick skinned to notice. Anyways, he stared at his phone as it went into voice mail mode and Antoinette's nasal voice came through.

"Hey Terence! I don't know why you're ignoring me when I'm doing all I can to get back together with you. Call me when you get this. Love ya!!"

Jeez, this girl was impossible, he thought.

* * *

The week passed by as usual. Pari had 4 days of classes and two days at work. When Saturday finally came, she felt relaxed. She had forgotten all about the green-eyed dude and was busy finishing the chores with Elsie. But as soon as evening approached, Pari was tailing Elsie into one of the famous night clubs. She was dressed casually in a tank top and shorts while Elsie was dressed in one of her skimpy tops and skimpy skirts. She sighed at why she couldn't say no to this girl and the answer came right up. Because this girl was full on stubborn.

The music was blaring at its fullest as they got seated at the bar. She ordered vodka orange and Elsie ordered plain vodka. They sat there staring at the mass of people lost in their own world. Then she found Elsie eyeing a guy who was giving similar attention to her. She murmured a 'be right back' and sauntered towards him and they got lost somewhere in the crowds. Now, there she was sipping her drink alone when a cheerful voice came from behind her.

"Hey, seems your friend left you all by yourself."

She whirled around to face a lusciously handsome guy. She was sure they'd never met before but his eyes reminded her of something she couldn't place a finger on.

"Yah she did. But you need not worry 'cuz she'll be back soon." She replied.

He extended his hand for a shake and added, "Hi, I'm Terence. I must apologise for bumping into you the other day. I'd have said sorry then but you left without so much as a glance."

She blushed as she shook his hand.

"I'm sorry but I was in a hurry and furious at the same time. I was late..."

"For Prof. Tam's lecture." He finished his sentence for her. "I can understand. He is horrid at all times but you're an Asian. You needn't worry. It's people like us who need to be wary of him."

She chuckled. "Don't know. So, where are you from?"

"U.K. Northern Ireland to be exact. What about you?"

"Nepalese. Tell me why are you in Hong Kong instead of Oxford or Cambridge?"

"He he. Long story. I'll tell you some day. So tell me, what classed do you take?"

She gave him the details of her classes and was surprised to find their subjects matched. She wondered why they hadn't met earlier. So they decided to take classes together. Finally a friend inside campus, she though.

"Hey P, wont you introduce me?" Elsie's voice startled her.

"Gosh Elsie... well, Terence, my best bud Elsie and Elsie, this is Terence. The guy I bumped into."

"Oh, so you're the dude with green-eyes!!" she exclaimed as she shook hands and Pari groaned inwardly. Then she further added, "Listen, I got to go somewhere so, please don't mind returning home alone? I promise I'll make it up to you."

Pari shook her head in disbelief.

"Ok ok. Go but be home before morning. It's your turn to cook tomorrow."

Elsie squealed and gave a huge peck on her cheek and left with the guy she'd been staring at.

"Well, there she goes. So now what do you plan to do, 'P'? I say, that's a weird name." he joked.

"Haha. It's Pari but she calls me 'P' and I don't mind. I think I'll be leaving now." She said getting up.

"If you don't mind, I'll drop you home." He offered.

She started to deny but it was getting late so she agreed. It was a 10 minute drive to her apartment and as she stepped out of the car, he called out.

"So I'll see you in Ms. Young's class on Monday?"

"Sure. I'll be there." And she waved him goodbye.

She sighed after she got inside. One heck of a man he was. Just the touch of his hands made her shiver and made warmth pool between her legs. She'd have to be careful with him.

* * *

Sunday was spent in the restaurant. It was full and the staffs were not enough. So she literally worked her arse off the whole day attending three tables at a once. By the time the restaurant closed, it was well over 9 pm and she was as tired as hell. When she got home, Elsie had the dinner prepared and both of them ate in silence. Elsie could see how tired her friend was so decided to give her some peace. After dinner and after completing the left-over of her homework, she dumped herself into the bed and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

The next morning, she was back into Ms. Young's class but she wasn't paying any attention. Terence hadn't shown up yet and she was feeling disappointed. Not that he had promised her or something. But she still expected him there. She toyed with her pencil as she stared blankly at her teacher.

"Missed me?" a whisper made her gasp. Lucky, she was sitting at the back of the class or else, the teacher would have heard her. She whirled towards her side and caught his brilliant green gaze. He had a lazy smile on his face and his hair was still wet from a recent shower. Jess, how can a man be so good looking? She asked herself.

"No ways. Why should I be missing you?" she asked in nonchalance.

"I don't know. But you were continuously glancing at the door so I thought you were waiting for me. Of you weren't, it's cool but if you were, I'm really sorry. I got up late."

"Oh thank god I'm not the only sleepyhead in the world." She joked and he grinned at her.

He sat beside her in every class the whole day but did not try in any ways to impress her. Well, he didn't need to, she was already impressed. He was sitting there and just being himself so she felt quite comfortable around him. After the classes were over, he dropped her home and promised he would be on time from now onwards.

He sighed as he flopped down on his bed. This girl was really getting into him and no matter how much he tried to restrain, she managed pulled him back. He was no play boy but still, this was not like him at all. He had just met her yesterday and he was already falling for her. But a part of him didn't see anything bad in it. She was beautiful, sweet, friendly and every other positive adjective he could think of. The main thing was; she was very simple. She had a tiny hint of attitude but that was it. Like the posh girls he knew, she had no such unnecessary pride in her. Maybe he should fall for her.