Two Day Break

Story Info
Hurt - Introspection - Out of character escapism.
10.8k words
4.43
8.1k
7
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was late morning when she got the phone call. A fine, warm day and Celia Portman had just finished hanging out the washing. There was always plenty of it; with Tom, Celia and their three children. Daniel was the oldest at seventeen; Roz was aged 15 and Mandy 12 years old. No name came up on her cell phone.

"Hello; Celia speaking."

"Hi Celia. It's Julia Morris here."

"Oh...Julia. Hi! What can I do for you?"

Celia recalled Julia as being a former work colleague of her husbands. They'd met and conversed at a number of work gatherings.

"Well...it's a little bit difficult. I've wrestled with this for a while, but feel I need to let you know."

"Oh! Need to know what Julia?" Celia asked, wondering what this woman she only vaguely knew had to tell her.

"Look Celia...it's Tom."

"Tom! My Tom?"

"Yeah Tom. It's me and your Tom really. Look, I don't know how to say this, so best I just come straight out with it. Tom and I have just finished an 18 month relationship."

Celia said nothing. She hadn't really registered what she'd just been told.

"You there Celia...?"

"Y...yes. Did you just say relationship?"

"I'm sorry Celia, there's no easy way to put this. Tom and I have been lovers for the past 18 months. He's...we've...just broken it off. I've felt guilty for so long and feel it's only right that you know."

"Oh...ok...that's good...I guess...thanks Julia..." Celia mumbled and immediately disconnected.

Celia slowly began to fully register what she'd just been told. Her legs went weak. She slumped onto a kitchen chair. Tom had been her husband for 20 years. She viewed him as dependable and a good father. They had three lovely children, a nice house, in a good neighbourhood. Tom's job brought them an income large enough that she didn't have to work.

Celia began to sob, the tears streaming down her face. All sorts of thoughts raced through her mind. First there was anger; the next minute concern that her husband might leave her; then thoughts of her children. She began to mull it over, trying to work out when Tom would have had his trysts with Julia. She recalled how attractive Julia was and she dwelt on her own looks. Finally she just sat there entirely deflated.

"I've just thanked a woman for telling me she's been fucking my husband for over a year," Celia mumbled, between sobs.

It was two hours later when Celia finally rose from the chair. She felt washed out and went to the bedroom to lie down. She felt very tired, but couldn't sleep. She increasingly drifted toward self-blame.

"I'm just not as glamourous as Julia. I'm an okay Mum, but probably don't try hard enough in bed. I used too, but..."

Celia tried to recall the last time she'd made love with Tom. At first she couldn't and thought this was a bad sign in itself. Tom rarely pushed for sex in recent years, leaving it up to Celia to initiate.

"He probably had no need to push it, with that bitch taking care of his needs," Celia thought, with a flash of anger.

She finally recalled it being around four weeks previous. All the children were out staying at friend's houses and she'd cooked a nice meal for her and Tom. Afterwards they'd watched a movie and it had some sex scenes. This had aroused her and she'd determined to have sex with her husband that evening.

At the conclusion of the film Celia had run her fingers across his trouser front and announced she was going up to bed. She told him to close up and not to linger. It was code for, 'You're going to get some tonight.'

Once in the bedroom Celia recalled following her usual routine of stripping naked and leaving the covers down to expose her breasts.

"Tom likes my breasts," she thought. "Or at least he used too."

He'd always complimented her on their size and firmness. Displaying them was her signal that she was ready for sex.

Tom had smiled knowingly, stripped naked himself and climbed into bed. They'd engaged in some mutual touching. He'd sucked on her nipples, while she reached for his cock. She recalled being happy to feel him harden under her touch, because that didn't always occur. She'd quickly opened her legs and he'd moved above her, entering her quickly.

Celia recalled enjoying having him in her, but hadn't orgasmed. Her husband had fucked her vigorously and soon cum with a long groan.

"He seemed to enjoy it," she thought between sobs. "Maybe I should have taken him in my mouth. I'll bet Julia does that."

It'd been many years since Celia had taken her husband's cock in her mouth. She hadn't minded oral sex when younger, but they'd just seemed to grow out of it. It was the same with varying their positions. Their love making had become very functionary.

Acknowledging this made Celia begin to weep again. She drifted off into a turbulent sleep. Upon waking she felt angry again. She got out of bed, determined to confront her husband. She picked up her phone, called Tom and told him he needed to come home immediately.

...

Celia had a feeling Tom knew what he was coming home too. He gave a large sigh, looked down and made no effort to deny what Julia had said.

"It's over you don't need to worry about it. I called it off. She wasn't happy about that and now she's being vindictive," he merely said.

Tom denied that he wanted to leave her, which came as a relief to Celia. Nevertheless her anger continued to build during their discussion. Tom wouldn't answer any of her queries about when and where, or if he'd ever told Julia he loved her. This infuriated Celia.

"We need a break," she finally blurted out." You'll have to go."

"Go where? This is my home."

"I don't care where you go. You're always going away for a week somewhere or other. Probably with that tramp Julia. Tell the kids you're off on one of your business trips. Just stay away, so I don't have to see you for some weeks."

Tom agreed to leave for two weeks from the next day. That evening he nonchalantly told the children he was away in San Francisco for the next fortnight. Their father travelling away for work wasn't unusual, but Daniel wasn't happy.

"But Dad...we're travelling to that tournament next week. You know our Coach can't get time to travel away with us. I'd volunteered you to drive us; like you always do."

"Your mother will have to do it," Tom said, looking directly at her.

"Yes I can do that. What day is it?"

Daniel was clearly not happy that his father wouldn't be driving the team, but Celia told him not to sook.

"What about me?" asked Mandy.

"Ask Zoe if you can stay with her for two nights. Roz; you ask the Johnston's the same" Celia said.

In the end it was settled. That night Celia kept her back to Tom in bed and was upset that he made no effort to console her. He merely went to sleep, while she lay there mulling things over. The next morning he left.

...

With Tom always having made regular trips away, the household operated fairly normally in the following week. Celia remained sad and she woke every night to lie ruminating. Sometimes angry, but more often wondering what she'd done wrong.

Celia had always viewed herself as an attractive woman and others confirmed this back to her. She wasn't naive and could see other men checking her out when she dressed up. However, now she was very unsure. She continually came back to viewing herself as a dowdy, dependable housewife and Julia as the wanton, desirable other woman.

"Will you ever do something exciting for once in your life Celia?" she berated herself, while talking to her reflection in the mirror.

-------------

Soon the day arrived to drive Daniels's water polo team to their tournament. Although the notion of a four hour drive was a bit daunting, Celia was thankful at the prospect of a change in routine.

Celia had never driven the club van before, but despite her son's doubts, quickly got the hang of the gears. Soon she was driving a bunch of boisterous late teens down the interstate to their tournament.

She felt sorry for Daniel that he had to sit up front with his mother and thus appeared to be missing most of the banter. Some of the language was inappropriate, but she didn't mind. In the solo seat by the door she noted an older looking boy keeping his head phones on and staring out the window.

At the half-way stop Celia asked her son about him.

"Yeah, that's Jeremy. He's OK. Keeps himself to himself, but we were lucky to get him this season. He's a good Goalie, so we put up with him."

"Not a resounding referral," Celia thought briefly, when they resumed their trip; before thoughts of her husband's infidelity flooded her mind again.

Celia began to move from the hurt of what had occurred, toward what would happen for her in the future. As the van ride continued she arrived at two certainties. One she would return to work, where she would socialise and possibly even flirt a little with co-workers. Second, she decided she would become more adventurous during sex. Not outrageously so, but certainly more than had become the norm with Tom in the past few years. She determined this would occur either with Tom, if she remained with him; with a new partner; or with a lover should she take one.

In regard to this last choice Celia trolled through the possibilities, but could not come up with anyone. All her friendships with males had long since moved into a platonic stage. This sticking point saw her thoughts move back to the alluring Julia and her mood dropped lower.

"Mind that truck Mum," Daniel called, jerking her back to the here and now.

Despite having to fight back tears from time to time, Celia got them to their destination. Even her son was complimentary that his mother had accomplished this task without further scares. They were soon booked into their motel and headed to the nearby aquatic centre to play their first two games that afternoon.

Celia had been to water polo games previously, but this was the first time she'd watched them for over a year. She sat watching without really taking it in. The team lost their first game, but won the second. As a result, they returned to the motel in reasonably high spirits.

The boy's went to the steak house next door for dinner. They told Celia that after their meal they would walk back down to the Centre where there was a function taking place. Celia knew this would involve the girl's teams, which would be the primary motivation for attending. She'd watched some of the teens flirting during the day. She envied them, recalling her flirting at a similar age.

Celia stayed in her room and cooked an omelette for dinner. She felt pleased about coming away with the team. Away from constant reminders in the house, it was the happiest she'd felt since Julia's phone call, now 10 days previous. It was a warm evening and the unit was a little stuffy. She put on her sundress, poured herself another wine and moved to sit at the small table, just outside the unit's front entrance.

Unfortunately thoughts of her husband's affair again bubbled to the forefront of her mind. She became sad and at one point began to weep. She'd regained some composure by the time she saw a team member walking back alone.

"Hi Mrs Portman," he called when he got nearer.

"Oh, please call me Celia, Jeremy," Celia said, recognising the quiet Goalkeeper. "What're you doing back so early?"

"I never went. Just had dinner and went for a walk. You mind if I sit here and keep you company?"

"Well that's nice of you...I'd offer you a drink but...how old are you?"

Celia saw a wide smile spread over his face.

"Golly he's very good looking," Celia thought, noting the square jaw and blue eyes.

"Nineteen; and I don't drink. Never tried it. I like to stay fit," Jeremy replied sitting down. "You look very well-toned yourself Mrs Portman. Do you work out?"

"Celia...please. Well that's nice of you to say Jeremy. No, I don't work out at all, but I do walk and garden."

"Oh, I'm surprised. You look great in that dress Celia."

Celia was taken aback by this candid observation from a boy young enough to be her son. She automatically tugged at the hem, suddenly conscious that it sat half way up her thighs.

"Thanks Jeremy. It's nice of you to say that," Celia politely replied, her surprise now replaced by a swell of pride at the compliment.

They began to discuss how the team had played and then moved onto Jeremy himself. Celia soon learnt he was at college, hoping to move into law the following year. He had aspirations of owning his own law firm.

"Wow that's an impressive goal," Celia told him, genuinely impressed. "Any girlfriend...?"

"No! Not at the moment. I had one, but we broke up a while back. She was older than me and wanted some commitment. I couldn't give her that with all my studies and my sport."

"Oh well; good for you. Live life to the fullest while you can."

"Yeah, I try too. What about you Celia? Mr Portman hasn't travelled with us on this trip. I've been watching you and sensed some sadness there. Anything wrong?"

Celia was further taken aback. This time by the young man's perceptiveness. She doubted her own son had even registered her low mood, but here was someone she'd barely met who'd picked up on it. Normally she would have immediately shut this conversation down. However, Celia was still feeling very fragile and her instincts were not what they might have been. She swallowed hard and took a deep breath.

"I...Yeah...you're right. I am a bit low. Me and Dan's Dad are...have been...we've been having some problems," Celia said surprised at her own candidness. "We're actually living apart at the moment, although Dan doesn't realise that."

"Oh! That's no good. I'd like to see you happier and it might do you good to talk about it."

Celia took a long sip of her wine, weighing up the pros and cons of relating her troubles to a young man she barely knew. She paused further as she placed the glass down, not daring to look up.

The truth was she hadn't been able to speak to anyone. Her family thought the world of Tom and she didn't want to flaw him in their eyes. She couldn't turn to friends as she felt they'd be judgmental and take sides. She took another deep breath, sensing Jeremy waiting patiently.

"What the heck," she thought. "The boy's intuitive and kind. What harm can it do?"

"Yeah; I guess it would be nice to talk with someone," she finally said, looking up at him. "However it would need to stay just between us, Ok?"

When Jeremy agreed, Celia began to relate the story of Julia's phone call. As she relaxed further she moved onto subsequent events. Eventually she didn't leave anything out, including how she now viewed herself as a dowdy housewife.

Jeremy had listened nodding and saying the odd word. He'd been correct; it did make her feel much better talking to him.

"I don't see you as some dowdy housewife Celia."

"Really?" Celia said with a short giggle. "Well that's nice of..."

"Sitting there in your sundress, I see a woman with a quiet smouldering sexuality."

"Oh!" Celia gasped, now completely taken aback at the young man's pointed observations.

"Yeah...I can still see the college girl in you. Did you have boyfriends in college?"

"Well...yes, I did as a matter of fact. A few of them actually," Celia replied, now warming to the compliments and chance to impress.

"Tell me about them."

"Well...there was..." Celia began and then went on to recount three of her more memorable beau's.

Jeremy listened attentively as the last of the light gave way to the night. As she concluded her tale, she gave a small shiver.

"That was great Celia; see you're looking a bit happier now. But it's getting a bit cold out here now. We should get inside."

Celia acknowledged that she was feeling happier. The wine, someone to talk too and being able to recount happier times had boosted her mood. She rose thinking his suggestion meant she would go into her unit, while he would go to his.

However Jeremy moved to her door and held it open. Conflicting thoughts raced through Celia's mind. On the one hand she knew it was inappropriate for a member of the team she was chaperoning to enter her unit. However, his good looks, calm personality and the talk of former boyfriends his age had clouded her judgement.

"Thanks Jeremy," she said stepping past him her heart beating faster at the thought he might follow her in.

She heard the door close and stood quite still, facing away from him, thoughts racing through her mind. She knew it wasn't right, but yet it was exciting. It was as if she'd been transported back to her College days she'd only just finished talking of.

"Mrs Portman... Celia. Your story made me feel quite sad; so I can imagine how you're feeling right now. Do you think you're going to be ok?" she heard him say and felt his hands rest on her shoulders.

Celia's knew she should turn back toward him and question what he was doing. That's what the Celia of two weeks ago would have done without hesitation. However, she'd had four glasses of wine; just unloaded her inner most thoughts and her body had immediately reacted to the touch. She remained stationary while letting out a quivering breath, the tingling now centred in her breasts. Fingers began to massage her shoulders and upper arms. It felt nice.

"I...um...that feels nice Jeremy. When will those boys be returning?"

"They'll be some time yet. If it's anything like last year, they'll be enjoying themselves down there. Boy's with girl's...you know. It happens all the time. You can't stop nature Celia."

"Jeremy look..."Celia said, gathering all her strength and turning to face him. "That small massage felt very nice and I appreciate you listening to an old lady's sad tale but..."

"I told you...I don't see you as an old lady. I see a beautiful, hurt woman, standing in front of me.

A woman full of sexuality," he said, stepping forward. "A woman I want to hold...and keep safe."

Jeremy moved his head down toward hers. Celia raised her hands and placed them flat on his chest, in a weak show of resistance. However, she made no real effort to push him away. She breathed in his maleness, while his hands firmly held each upper arm. She knew what was coming. He moved his lips close to her face.

Celia remained conflicted and kept her head slightly averted, fighting the sensations she was experiencing. He kissed her gently on the cheek. The touch sent a shock, directly down to the pit of stomach. She whimpered, took a deep breath, wanting the kiss. She turned her head so his lips could find hers. Celia closed her eyes and surrendered to the moment.

Any concerns about the age difference or his being a young man she barely knew were washed away by a wave of alcohol, passion and pride.

"Here's a man who truly desires me," she thought, moaning into his mouth, revelling in the kiss.

Celia felt his hands slide down to the waist of her sundress. He pulled her into him, causing her breasts to press hard into his lower chest. She moved her hands to his back. Their lips parted, tongues touched and the kiss became extremely passionate.

Celia felt like she was back in college; French-kissing some Jock. Pleasant sensations flooded the most intimate parts of her body. These only intensified when he moved his hands onto her buttocks. She felt his hardness pressing against her stomach.

"This young man finds me attractive enough to make out with me," thought Celia as a wave of self-confidence swept through her.

She revelled in the physical sensations his toned body and touch were causing. The pure sexual energy that emanated from him. She needed more of him and broke their kiss. Celia wanted to see him. Her hands flew to his t-shirt; desperately trying to pull it up and over his head.

Jeremy raised his arms to allow her to remove the item. While she rained kisses on his hairless chest Jeremy reached behind and unzipped her dress. He pulled both the dress and bra straps down. Her breast's sprung free and he stepped back to admire them.