Two Dreams Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His question was simple, "Will you go out on a date with me tomorrow night? We’ll go to a public place and not talk about work, and I’ll try to impress you so you’ll agree to go out with me the next night and the next night." Her tears started again.

***

David was quite self conscious and hadn’t expected crying or tears on the other end of the phone. But then nothing that happened today could have been expected. Now he was confused, afraid he had said the wrong thing. He started apologizing, saying he was sorry for whatever he did that made her cry. He ached to put his arms around her and comfort her.

The tears seemed to lessen as said, "I’m crying because that was the best thing you could have said, and I can’t imagine an easier question. Yes, I want to go out with you tomorrow night." He loved hearing that, he felt richer, and taller and better looking than before.

Shasta spoke to him through the phone in a whisper, "There’s only one thing I regret from this night." David could think of no disappointment from his day. It was full of surprises, and he wouldn’t have changed a moment of it, especially now because of a happy ending. He didn’t respond and she continued hesitantly, "I wish I had felt your lips on mine."

***

Shasta surprised herself as she said she wanted to feel his kiss, but it just felt they hadn’t parted right and she needed to affirm that he was real. She didn’t want to lead him on again, and go back to the place that they were at before though.

"As long as it’s only a kiss and you won’t tempt me beyond my endurance I’ll permit it.” She giggled and David continued, "How about we both drive out, and we meet under the street light on the corner of the parking garage of our office road?"

She knew the place and felt safety in him choosing a lighted place. She whispered, "See you soon!" and hung up her phone. She fixed her skirt and hair as much as she could in the dark. She beat him out to the corner but could see his lights behind her. She pulled over and opened her door, standing where the lights shone on her but she could still make a quick get away if necessary. She was self conscious of how the tears had left her looking, and pulled her skirt lower so as to not be a distraction, she wished for a mirror to fix her hair. His words had been honest and she watched him get out of the car and walk to her, thinking about his fine looking face that she would soon be kissing. She felt awkward having asked for it.

***

He pulled his clothes back on, fixing what he could in the dark. He drove out to her quickly. She looked so beautiful to him. He had caused those tears and that confusion, and needed to make it up to her. He raised his watch to her before touching her, saying "I’ve set my alarm for ten minutes and promise to leave when the alarm rings." She obviously took strength in that and ventured out of her car door towards him. He kissed her first under her eyes where her tear drops had been. She closed her eyes, so he then kissed her on her eye lids wanting to never cause her tears again. He raised his hands to her face cradling her chin. He asked her, "Am I just allowed one kiss?"

***

She didn’t want to loose any of their ten minutes, and silenced his question with a kiss of her own on his lips. She lifted her arms to wrap around his neck to draw him close. She stood on her tiptoes to be closer to his height and it was the best kiss she had ever received. It was a kiss that spread down to her toes as he kissed her softly and the intensity increased. Never had ten minutes swept by so quickly. They released their kiss when the beeping from his watch persisted. They hugged knowing that they both wanted more, but could wait for a time it would be even better.

***

He did what he promised he would. He walked away from her. The kiss had been better than the dream and better than his fantasies after the dream. After returning to his car he reached out the window and grabbed in the air and drew it to himself. He was grabbing a future that he hoped would include Shasta. He had given up a night of passionate sex for a chance at making his spectacular dream an even more spectacular reality. From the taste of reality that he had today he knew it was going to be good and that he wasn’t going to let it go. Not only had his day started with a dream but his new relationship now started with a dream as well. He would tell her how he had dreamed of her very soon.

***

She was safe, safe in his arms, safe in the knowledge that they were building a future together, safe in the knowledge that he wouldn’t purposely hurt her, safe knowing that he would guide her down any scary paths she met in the future. She got in her car, waved at him as he pulled away. She reached out the window and grabbed the air and pulling it to her, she hugged herself with it, grabbing at the reality of the safety and love that encompassed her even though he was driving away from her on this night. For her it had started with a dream, and she would have to tell him of that dream very soon.