Two Dreams Ch. 04-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***Shasta at first denied that anything was wrong, growing irritated with David for pushing the subject. She needed to clear her head, and pushed away from the table quickly. She walked to her car, not really wanting the evening to end, not wanting to push David away but knowing she had just done that. She had sent a clear message to him and now wished she could take it all back. She stood at her car not able to walk back to David, but also not able to drive away.

***David was sure Shasta would be gone by the time he collected his confused thoughts and paid the bill. While opening his wallet he forced himself not to look at the beautiful face that he'd looked at often. He should have waited a few more days. At least that way he would have had the extra time of just being with her. But he'd pushed her now, and pushed her away.

He was surprised to see her standing at her car. Would walking to her push her away even more? He had to try. He stood next to her without touching her also leaning against the car. "I'm sorry I brought up our relationship, but your quick reaction to my question makes me think that we do have something to talk about." He watched for a reaction to his words out of the corner of his eye.

***Shasta was relieved David had walked over, and wanted to hug him and not let him go. How could she have two such opposite reactions within minutes to this wonderful man? She turned away from him as tears started forming in her eyes. The tears threatened often these days as she realized she was pushing David away. Before she could collect herself David started walking away.

***David realized that he was no expert on women or on Shasta. She seemed remote but not hostile so he had approached. She'd turned away, and so he walked away wondering if he'd ever hold Shasta in his arms again.

"David," the voice that called to him was choked with tears.

He turned not trusting his instincts to make the right decision as to what to do next. Shasta held out one hand to him, inviting him back, while her other hand wiped her eyes. He went to her, and hugged her, and held her while she cried. This time he'd just hold her quietly. He remembered his dream, how he'd held his sexy Shasta in his arms, making love to her. Now he just hoped that holding her would help ease what ever was aching in heart.

***David's arms enclosed her and her tears spilled onto his shirt. She couldn't help but cry. It wasn't a storm of tears, but slow, soft sobs coming from deep inside her. She remembered the dream she'd had of David. David had been her safety then, and he'd been her safety when she was sick. Could he be trusted with her heart? The arms around her assured he that she could.

Her sobs stopped, but her voice was still thick with tears, "David, I'm sorry. I'm scared. Things between us were moving quickly, and you were so perfect. I just started falling for you faster and harder than I've fallen for anyone. I didn't...well, I don't know if...I don't understand...What I'm trying to say is that I'm having a hard time giving you my heart. You probably have no idea what an impact you've made on my life." As the words gushed out she felt she shouldn't be touching him while she spoke. She pulled away, standing close to him but with her arms wrapped around herself.

"I think about you all the time, I miss you when we're apart, and life has just been out of control, and I got scared and didn't know how to act around you any more." There she'd said it, not that it made any sense, but that's the most sense she could make of her confused feelings right then.

***David felt Shasta pull out of his arms as she talked. He tried to remain silent until she was done. This was something she needed to say. He'd been prepared for hearing her say that she was done with him, and that things were over, but hadn't guessed that it was her strong feelings for him that had caused this conflict. She was saying that she was giving him her heart, that she was falling for him. Four days ago, her kisses had given hints of her strong emotions, but the distance she'd put between them had left him unsure.

"Shasta we're together in this. I'm falling for you. No, I have fallen for you. You are my first thought in the morning and the last at night, and fill most of the moments in between. I told my Mom, that I was crazy about you. Everything I buy, I wonder if you'd like it. When you were sick, I wanted to take care of you. I was so worried that today you were going to say you were breaking up with me, but instead you're telling me that maybe you love me at least a percentage of how I love you."

He took her face in his hands, the words flooding out smoothly now as he knew that the time was right. "Shasta, I love you."

***Her fears disappeared as the sound of his voice seeped into her consciousness breaking through the fog that had held her captive since her illness. She could share her love with this man. She would put this fear behind her, she would do it. "I trust you and love you David." A deep toe-tingling kiss sealed the first declarations of their love.

12