Two Friends Job Crisis

Story Info
Cate and Lizzy try to elimate travel.
5.3k words
3.6
13.4k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wolfgar69
wolfgar69
11 Followers

Breakfast and Business

Lizzy said, "She is already dreading going to work. It is just too painful."

Cate said, "I understand, precious. Have you got money put back?"

Lizzy said, "I have quite a bit."

Cate said, "Do you love me enough to move in with me?"

Lizzy said, "You already know the answer to that one. It is my most ardent desire."

Cate said, "Why not go to work, and hand in your resignation?"

Lizzy began to tear up, and said, "I could do that," as she whimpered.

"I could tell them that I could aid in the transition, but no more travel. I've been with the company for quite a few years. I would imagine they might be a little forgiving of my resignation."

Cate said, "We could put your house on the market, if you are OK with that. My home is larger. Do you think we should consider buying our own home?"

Lizzy said, "Your home is HOME. It is big enough for both of us, and I like how close it is to many of our favorite haunts."

Cate said, "I could eliminate some of my stuff. I had been meaning to downsize. I have a double car garage, and we could park your things there, until we get you settled in."

Lizzy began to cry again, and said, "A dream come true."

The food was served, and they ate quietly. They were both keenly aware of the bigness of this decision. After they finished eating, Cate paid the bill, and they walked slowly to the park.

Cate swung Lizzy again. They said nothing.

Cate broke the silence.

She said, "Maybe you should go home tonight, and carefully decide, if this is this is what you want."

Lizzy said, "That is a good idea. I will go home tonight, and mull it over."

Cate said, "I don't want you to be pressured into making a decision. If you decide to go back to work and stay on a little longer, I won't be upset. I want you to be certain you want to spend the rest of your life with me."

Lizzy said, "I think my decision is made. I love you clearly, and I want to live with you for the rest of our lives."

They got quiet again. They walked home slowly without conversation.

When they arrived, Lizzy announced, "She would be going home. She embraced Cate, and whispered, I love you, dearest."

Cate kissed her, and said "I love you too, precious."

Lizzy departed.

Cates Hell

Cate tried to busy herself with laundry and cleaning. She stripped the bed, and noticed a couple of shit stains. She smiled to herself. Laundry was larger than usual, because Lizzy had been here. She filled the dishwasher, and hit the process button. She straightened the living room.

She sat on the couch, and wept.

She said aloud, "Screw this!"

She went into the kitchen blubbering. She poured a stiff drink, and returned to the living room. She turned the television on, and watched absentmindedly. She continued to cry on and off for the reminder of the evening.

Not much sleep to this night, either.

Lizzys Hell

While at Lizzys house, she too was upset. Every time she thought about leaving Cate, she wept loudly. She tried to busy herself around her home. Her home?

"My place is with her, dearest."

She poured a drink, and turned her television on. She watched without seeing anything.

She noticed something Cate had left behind. Maybe she forgot it. She picked it up. A pair of shorts. She covered her face them. She inhaled Cates scent. She began to bawl. She curled up on the couch with Cates shorts held tightly in her face. She began to cry again. She dozed off to sleep briefly.

She awoke. She had to get out for some fresh air. She went for a walk. She walked to all of the familiar places they had been. While at the park, she smiled thinking of Cate swinging her. She spent a considerable amount time wandering aimlessly around the park. She walked on to the their favorite cafe. She walked farther, and walked by their favorite restaurant. She daydreamed, while walking.

She thought to herself, you had better wake up, or you will be run over. She was reminded of the conversation about untimely death.

She smiled and said, "No way. My life has improved by a thousand percent. I'm not dying now."

She began to think about how she would resign. She did not want to leave her company twisting in the wind, but she just was not going to leave Cate again -- ever.

She considered briefly what she was going to do with the house. Her house had largely been a hotel room on the weekend. She thought she was going to downsize. What about all of the other things she had that would be redundant at Cates. All of this was background noise. She was clear on what her goal was.

She slept fitfully that night. Not much sleep, but lots of tossing and turning.

Monday Morning

Lizzy looked like shit. Her eyes were bloodshot, and she had bags under her eyes. Her mind was made up. She got dressed for work.

She tried to stay focused, while driving. She arrived at work on time. She had a knot in her gut. She sought her boss out. He normally arrived half an hour before anyone else.

She knocked on his door. He looked up, and smiled. "Come in Lizzy, have a seat."

Lizzy sat down, and said Phil, "I have met someone I love. Travel on this job has always been brutal. I lost one marriage indirectly over it, and I won't be losing another. I'm handing my resignation in."

She handed the resignation letter to Phil. He was shocked.

He said, "Wow, I didn't see this coming, Lizzy."

Lizzy apologized and said, "I can stick around, and make the transition smooth. I just won't travel anymore."

Phil said, "You are an extremely valuable person to the company. He said, how many years has it been?"

She said, "Twelve."

He asked, "Your mind is made up?"

She said, "Yes", without any emotion.

He said, "What if I could eliminate all travel from your job responsibilities?"

She said, "I would gladly stay. I would feel a little guilty, since most of the staff hates the travel."

"You are our most senior staff member. I would have a hard time believing anyone could be angry. You know you would be taking a substantial pay cut?"

She said, "I am completely indifferent to the money."

He said, "This is not a decision I can make on my own. I'll talk to the powers that be, and see if I can keep you."

Lizzy tried hard not to cry.

She said, "She would be grateful, but if they won't have it, I'll have to leave."

Phil said, "You must feel strongly about this person, I assume you are going to marry?"

She said, "We've been friends for about ten years, recently love blossomed. I have never been so certain of anything in my life. Yes, I will be getting married at some point."

He repeated, "Let me see what I can do."

She asked, "Could she have the rest of the day off? She has something's that need to be addressed."

He said, "Sure, go ahead. If I can come up with something today, I will call you, OK?"

She stood up, and hugged Phil.

"I appreciate this extra consideration. We've always worked together well. I look forward to hearing from you -- one way or the other. Thanks again."

She walked slowly out of the office fully expecting she had just lost her job. She hadn't expected the possibility that the company would move her into different responsibilities. She was touched, but not terribly optimistic. This company lived and died based on travel. It was a nationwide business."

She went home, and slipped into some shorts and a tank top. She didn't feel rushed to make a decision on the house. She felt as if the weight of the world had been lifted from her shoulders.

She noticed the light flashing on her phone. She was quivering when she picked it up. It was Cate.

She said, "I love you regardless of your decision. I am off today."

She was crying again, when she called Cate.

Cate answered the phone, "Lizzy?"

She said, "It's me dearest. I resigned. My boss proposed a possible alternative. Maybe I could be placed in a non-travel situation. I'm not holding my breath. Can we get together for breakfast?"

Cate said, "Of course. Did she want to come over here, and they could walk to our place?"

Lizzy said, "I'll be there in a shake."

Minutes later Lizzy drove up. Cate met her in the driveway, and embraced her.

Cate said, "How's my baby?"

Lizzy said, "Greatly relieved. I'm not placing much stock in a job change, but she made it clear to her boss that she would be leaving if she had to travel. Come on, Cate. Let's start walking."

Cate asked, "What did you say?"

"I told Phil, who's my boss, that travel had always been brutal. I had lost one marriage over the travel, and I won't be losing another. I didn't get specific, other than to say, I knew this person for ten years, and that love blossomed. He said, he would go to the powers that be."

As I said, "I don't have much hope. The company has nationwide business, and travel is what it lives and dies by."

Cate held her hand as they walked.

"How do you feel? "

Lizzy said, "It felt liked the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders. I know I look like shit. I slept very little last night, and I've had the shits all morning."

Cate said, "Sounds like you are due for some extra special bonus sex."

Lizzy smiled, and said, "Extra special bonus sex?"

Cate said, "You get to decide, which part of your body takes the bludgeoning."

Lizzy laughed. She needed that. They got to their cafe very quickly.

The waiter says, "You two own the cafe, sit where ever you will."

They chuckled. They went to a window booth. The waiter was there quickly.

"Coffee?"

They said, "Oh yes."

They held hands across the table. Cate was smiling in a grateful fashion at Lizzy. Lizzy jumped up, I need to hit the head.

The waiter returned, and Cate said, "Can you give us another ten minutes?"

"No problemo."

Lizzy came back, and sat down. She looked a little pained. Cate reached across the table, and grabbed her hands.

Lizzy said, "Between you anally raping me yesterday, and all kinds of worry over night, I am spent."

Cate got a little teary worrying about Lizzy. Lizzy saw Cate was weepy, and she began to cry too.

Cate stood up, and went to embrace Lizzy.

She said, "Hang in there kid. I'm with you 100%."

They sat back down.

Cate asked, "If she could eat a little something?"

Lizzy said, "Maybe some oatmeal?"

The waiter returned. He was someone they had known for some time.

He said, "Is everything OK ladies?"

Cate responded quickly, "A death in the family."

The waiter gave his condolences.

Cate said, "Why not bring us a couple of bowls of oatmeal, and more coffee."

"Got it!"

"I stripped the bed this morning." Lizzy gave her a puzzled look? "There were a number of shit stains."

Lizzy began to laugh, and could not stop. Cate smiled broadly, so happy she could cheer her friend up a little.

"You are always the constant that I can rely on," Lizzy said, and grabbed her hands again.

The waiter returned with the oatmeal and the coffee. Lizzy said, "This does look good, and began to eat."

Cate watched her very closely.

"She didn't have all of the answers, but they would figure it out. The hard part is over. You made the non-refundable deal. We are now set in stone. I will do whatever I can to make the transition easier."

Lizzy said, "Thanks, and mouthed ILY."

Lizzy said, "I had better lay off the coffee, or I'll be shitting bile."

Cate laughed loudly.

Cate asked for the bill, and then paid it. She left a larger than normal tip for the waiter. They left.

They adjourned to their park. Cate swung Lizzy again. Lizzy began to weep loudly. Cate held the swing, and walked to her.

She said, "I'm here, precious. I'll make it all right, OK?"

Lizzy said, "What I need now is sleep. Can you take me home?"

They walked home a little more slowly, while holding hands. Cate opened the door, and let Lizzy in.

Cate began to undress Lizzy the second the door was shut. She hurried her into the bathroom. She started to run a tub full of hot water and bubbles. Lizzy embraced and kissed Cate. She held Lizzys hand as she stepped into the tub, and sat down.

Lizzy said, "This feels so good. I need some sleep in the worst possible way."

She soaked for about ten minutes.

Cate helped Lizzy out of the tub, and wrapped a towel around her, and kissed her cheek. She moved to the bedroom, where Cate lifted the comforter. Cate returned to the bathroom to tidy up.

She slid into the bed beside Lizzy.

Lizzy kissed her, and said, "Will you hold me?"

Cate snuggled up to Lizzy. She held her head against her chest, and played with her hair. Lizzy died almost immediately. Cate followed her shortly thereafter. At some point, they moved, and spooned. They slept soundly and happily.

They woke up around 1pm. They felt groggy. They had slept the sleep of the dead.

Lizzy said, "I need to eat something. Cate went into the kitchen, and threw something together."

When she returned, Lizzy had fallen asleep again. She got back in bed.

Lizzy woke up, and gave a, "Puzzled what?"

Cate said, "It's me precious. Here is some food."

She spoon fed Lizzy. Lizzy was very grateful. After eating what Cate had given her, she fell fast asleep again.

Cate gently slipped out of the bed, and took the dishes quietly with her. She fixed herself something to eat. She silently ate, and drank iced tea. She was really hungry. The oatmeal went no where.

She returned to the bedroom, and gently raised the comforter and got in. Lizzy was turned away from Cate. Cate snuggled over to Lizzy, and spooned. She fell back a sleep, as well. She had gotten a little more sleep than Lizzy, but not much more.

They both woke up around 5pm. Cate was looking at Lizzy sleep.

Lizzy opened her eyes, and smiled, "My love is here to greet me from my sleep."

Cate kissed Lizzy, and rubbed her head.

Lizzy said, "I need to eat again. Talk about the TWG."

Cate said, "I need to hit the shower. Go ahead and get dressed."

Cate showered in a perfunctory fashion. She did not get her hair wet. She went back into the bathroom, and got dressed.

She said, "Let's ride."

Lizzy said, "I'd like a steak." No problem, they'd go to their favorite steak house. Fortunately, they allowed casual attire. They were pulling into the parking lot 15 minutes later.

They were seated almost immediately. It was a Monday night and not too busy. They were seated in a booth in a cozy corner. The waiter took their drink order. They both felt like beer. The waiter was back in a couple minutes.

He asked, "If they were ready to order?"

They were. They both ordered T-Bone steaks with baked potatoes with the works, and vinaigrette for the salad dressing.

Cate smiled at Lizzy. She was proud of her decision, and she told her so.

Cate raised her beer mug, and said, "To the rest of our lives together."

The mugs clinked, and they drank.

"I think we are both rested, and relieved. I hope and pray this is the hardest decision we will ever have to make."

Lizzy smiled, and reached across to hold Cates hands.

The salad was served, and they both ate heartily. Cate watched Lizzy eat, and smiled. Cate was the nurturer, and was happy to fulfill that role. Lizzy was grateful that she had someone to rely on. The salad plates were removed.

Cate said, "She was very happy Lizzy had made the decision."

Lizzy smiled, and reached across the table to hold Cates hands.

Their steaks arrived, and Lizzy said, "I am famished."

They ate quietly. The baked potatoes were excellent, and the steaks were cooked to perfection.

The plates were removed, and another round of beers were ordered. They relaxed.

Lizzy said, "This is the best I have felt in two days."

"I feel pretty good too", Cate said.

They gazed at each other, and smiled. Nothing was said.

They finished their beers, and Cate said, "Shall we go home now?"

Lizzy held Cates hands across the table, and said, "Yes."

Cate picked up the tab.

Lizzy protested, and Cate commented nonchalantly, "You are now technically unemployed. It is the least that I can do."

Lizzy smiled, and said, "Thank you."

They drove home.

The second the garage door was down, Cate embraced Lizzy, and said, "I am so happy you are home."

Lizzy said, "Yes, this is OUR home."

They kissed.

Cate said, "Sit on the couch, and I'll bring you a drink."

Cate had some beer in the frig, and poured two in glasses. She handed Lizzy one, and sat beside her. Cate turned the television on, and put her arm around Lizzy.

Cate said, "Honey, I would imagine you are wrung out?"

Lizzy said, "I feel so much better now than I did this morning. I was exhausted, and had the runs. You took care of me. Thank you."

Lizzy seemed deep in thought. Cate held her closely, and didn't say anything. Lizzy snuggled into Cate, and held her beer in her lap. They sat there quietly for a couple of hours.

Lizzy said, "I need to go back to see if I have any messages. Will you come with me?"

Cate said, "Of course."

Lizzy drove, and when she got inside, she saw the light flashing. She picked up the phone, and listened. Phil had asked her to come back tomorrow. Lizzy hung up.

Cate said, "Well?"

Lizzy told her, "Phil wanted her to come back tomorrow."

Cate said, "That sounds good, doesn't it?"

Lizzy said, "I won't know until tomorrow. I can't conceive that they will give me a non-travel job. I'd almost rather just break clean."

Lizzy said, "I need to grab some things."

She scurried around gathering up what she needed.

She said, "I'm ready."

They drove home, and Lizzy was very quiet. Cate was a little concerned. She decided to give Lizzy her space.

She went into the living room, and sat on the couch, not pushing Lizzy one way or the other. She grabbed her beer, and took a swallow. The television was on, but it didn't register. Cate was holding her own. She waited anxiously for what Lizzy would do or say next.

Lizzy came in and laid down on the couch. She placed her head in Cates lap, and looked up at her.

Lizzy said, "You've been awfully quiet all evening."

Cate stated, "That she wanted to give Lizzy her space. She felt that talking a lot would be counter productive."

Lizzy reached up, and pulled Cate down toward her, and kissed her.

Lizzy said, "This is all so stressful on so many levels. About the only thing I can count on you."

Cate said, "I'm here for anything that you need that I can provide."

Lizzy looked at Cate in they eye, and said, "Would you make love to me?"

Cate said, "I was expecting a crushing request."

Lizzy smiled, and said, "I need you tonight."

Cate said, "Shall we retire then?"

Lizzy stood up, and held Cates hand.

"Lead me where you will, my dearest love."

Cate said, "This night is about our love, and about your need to be made love to."

They moved like specters into the bedroom. Cate lit some candles. She moved back to Lizzy, and began to undress her. First her blouse, and then her bra.

She commented, "Your breasts are so very beautiful, precious."

Lizzy kissed her.

Cate undid Lizzys shorts, and pulled them off. She then slipped her panties off.

She stated firmly, "You have the most beautiful pussy I have ever seen. She gave her slit a little flick of the tongue."

She eased her backwards toward the bed. She lowered her into bed. She laid against Lizzy.

Cate said, "You are my precious, my great love."

She then french kissed her deeply and for a long time. She then gently massed her breasts. She kissed one and blew on it. Lizzy sighed. Cate pinched one nipple, and sucked it. Lizzy sighed more strongly.

She slide her hand down Lizzys stomach, and toyed with her pubic hair. She was very careful not to touch the clit.

wolfgar69
wolfgar69
11 Followers
12