Two Halves, One Soul

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers

"Anytime."

"By the way, what took you so long to return from the bathroom?"

"Um... well... I ran into someone I've played pool with on many occasions and she wanted me to demonstrate a particular move."

"Mm hmm. And this demonstration..."

"Was nothing like the first night you and I played." Jesse adds quickly. "I do apologize for not returning sooner."

"Forget about it." She smiles. "Let's get you to my place to rest."

********

"Go ahead, and take your clothes off. I'll put them in the wash with some of my stuff. That way you'll have fresh clothes for the morning." She heads into the bedroom. "I'll get a T-shirt and a pair of cotton shorts for you to wear." She yells from the room. Upon returning to the living room, she stops suddenly as the tall naked form stands before her. Gulp. "Wow. Um...."

"You said, to take my clothes off." Jesse responds innocently.

"Now that I see your body in full view... it's... absolutely gorgeous and... handsome... and everything else I can't think of right at this moment."

Jesse takes a couple of steps closer. "So, you like what you see."

"Definitely," she exhales. Shaking her head to stop the sexual thoughts, she states, "But, there is to be no sex tonight. You need to rest. Here put these on, and I'll run over to the laundry room."

"Alright," Jesse says with a pout. She dons the shirt and shorts, and takes a seat on the couch.

Dani returns from down the hall. "How are you feeling?"

"My head is throbbing right now."

"I have some Advil." She enters the bathroom and removes the bottle from the medicine cabinet. In the kitchen she takes out a glass and some cold water from the fridge. She sits next to Jesse. "Here you go."

"Thanks."

"Get comfortable and lay your head on my lap while I watch a bit of the news." Dani requests.

Dani puts her feet up on the coffee table, and Jesse lays her head down facing the TV screen. She flips through the channels. They silently watch the news until Jesse's eyes become heavy. The last things she remembers are fingers ever so softly stroking her hair.

She's so handsome. I can hardly believe what's happened tonight. Christ. But, oh, she was so brave. And she didn't want to start out fighting. Damn. She broke that stupid bitch's arm in two places and broke the nose. She snickers. Okay, I shouldn't find it amusing. Jesse, you are constantly surprising me. I think I'm falling hard for you.

An hour later, Jesse feels something shaking her shoulder. "Ungh... what," she says.

"Just making sure you're alright. How's the headache?"

She slowly opens her eyes, and sits up. "It's much better but not completely gone."

"Let's get into bed. A pillow under your head for the remainder of the night is far more beneficial than my lap."

Under the covers, Jesse watches Dani undress. "You're so beautiful."

Dani spins around, "Hey, you're staring at me."

"Why not. I can't help it. You're incredibly gorgeous."

Donning her nightshirt, Dani slides under the covers and into her lover's waiting arms. A kiss falls upon her lips. "Mmm. I like that you can be so gentle but then also firm and rough at just the right times."

Jesse wriggles an eyebrow. They both laugh.

"Good night, my handsome knight."

"Good night, beautiful." I'm her handsome knight? A grin spreads across the dark features. Hmm.

********

The scent of coffee and eggs stirs the long body awake. Mmm, I guess I better wake up. She quietly enters the bathroom, and flips on the light. Brushing her teeth, she gazes in the mirror at the purplish blue bruise over her left eye. Fuck, that looks like shit. And just perfect timing for this trip. Which, by the way, I need to tell her about. Damn. People are going to be badgering me about this ghastly mark. Finishing her morning ritual, she walks into the kitchen. "Good morning."

Dani turns around. "Good morning to you," she says with a smile. "How did you sleep?"

"Wonderfully."

"Good. Take a seat, let me get you some coffee."

She sits at the bistro stool, and a steaming Tasmanian Devil mug is placed before her. Dani gives her a quick kiss on the lips before Jesse pours in some half-and-half from the small creamer pitcher and a couple of spoonfuls of sugar.

"What are you making?" Jesse asks.

"Silver dollar blueberry pancakes and omelets with mushrooms, Swiss cheese and Canadian bacon." The plate is set in front of her with a garnish of sliced strawberries.

"Damn, can I hire you as my cook?"

"You couldn't afford me." Dani begins sarcastically. "I love to cook, and I haven't had anyone to do it for. Cooking for one is not much fun." She sits across from the woman with her own plate.

"This is terrific. Where did you learn how to cook?" Jesse asks.

"My mom's a chef."

"Lucky you." I better get this over with. "Um, I..." She runs her fingers through her hair. "Uh... I am attending a conference this week in Michigan. I leave tomorrow morning and return on Saturday."

"Wow, a vet conference?"

"Yeah. Well... I'm wondering how you feel about you and I. You know... um, is this going to be an open relationship?" Boy you sure don't sound suave there.

Dani's heart sinks. Open relationship? As in fucking whomever you find in Michigan? What do I say? Be honest and say, I don't do open relationships? What then? Will she say, okay, it's been nice fucking you, bye. Shit. I'm angry but sad too. Do I tell her to get the fuck out?

Sensing the dark cloud over the smaller woman's head and catching glimpses of her thoughts, Jesse decides on taking the risk. God I hope this works. She reaches over and takes the woman's hand. "I don't want an open relationship."

Dani comes out of her thoughts. She gazes into those sparkling sapphires. She feels Jesse is being honest. "Really? Cause I feel the same. It's just your question threw me off, you know? I figured you were wanting this to be open."

"No, I just needed to know how you felt about it."

They both sigh in relief.

"Well, I'm glad that's over with." Jesse states.

"Me too." Dani looks out the sliding glass balcony door. "So.... you'll need to get back to your place to pack?" I really want you to stay here.

"Hmph, if you don't have plans for today, I thought we could continue our date."

Smiling, Dani says, "That would be nice." She finishes her pancakes. "Would you be interested in a walk along the beach after breakfast?"

"Sure."

They finish the meal with comfortable ease knowing this is turning out better than expected.

********

Back at the apartment, Dani says, "I'm going to take a shower. Get this sand off me."

Encircling her arms from behind the smaller woman, Jesse suggests, "How about a bath?" She leans into the ear before her, and whispers seductively, "I'll wash your back.... and everything else."

A shiver passes through the reddish blonde's body. "That would be nice." She goes to start the bath. Looking on the shelf, she chooses sensual bath salts.

Jesse enters completely naked. Taking a step up to Dani, she pulls the sweatshirt up over her head. Next the bra is unclasped and tossed to the floor. She undoes the drawstring to the sweatpants and slides them down over Dani's hips. It gets discarded onto the rest of the pile. She receives a succulent kiss from the tall woman. Breaking the kiss, Jesse steps into the tub and sits. She reaches out her hand to help guide Dani in.

Dani takes it and steps in. She sits herself down between Jesse's legs and lays back against her. They enjoy the moment of stillness between them. Jesse then grabs the bath sponge, dips it into the hot water, and brings it up over Dani's shoulder. The dripping water and Jesse's gentle ministrations make her tingle all over. "Hmm, feels good."

********

The week carried on in a slow pace. The conference, ---- just like every other conference the dark haired beauty has ever been to. Oh, not a complete waste of time. She'll get something out of it. She always does. But this time, her mind is distracted by a certain set of green eyes.

Once the 4 o'clock session was over, she sprints back to her own room. Boy, I'm grateful everything is being held at the hotel. Saves me the agony of transportation. The elevator stops on the seventh floor and she begins her trek down the blue-gray carpeted hallway. The soft glowing sconces lining the walls add to the quiet atmosphere. The only natural light pouring through is from the large picture window at the end of the hall. She keys in her card at the door and slips into the room. Throwing herself onto the bed, she relishes in the soft sheets and blanket. Her eyes close. Drifting off in her daydreams regarding a certain blonde who smells of lavender and mint. I guess I'll be spending more time at the gym later to get my raging hormones under control.

There is a knock at the door. Eyes flutter open. Did I just hear a knock? Knock. Knock. Yep, I guess I did. "Just a minute." After checking the peephole, she opens the door wide.

"Miss Chandler?" the young bellboy asks.

"Yes, that's me."

"I apologize for my disturbance. I have something for you." He hands her the envelope, then bows to leave.

Well, that's a polite gesture. He does have charm. "Hold on." She fishes in her pocket for some money, and hands him a five-dollar bill.

"Oh this isn't necessary," he interjects.

"Don't worry about it." And she motions to close the door.

"Thank you Miss Chandler."

She returns to the bed, lying on her back. Now, what is this? Ripping open the envelope and scanning the name at the bottom of the handwritten letter, she smiles. It's from Dani. I wonder how she located me at this hotel? She puts the letter up to her nose confirming the scent of her lover that lingers on the paper.

Dearest Jesse,

I know it's only been a couple of days, and this is probably very ridiculous of me to do, but I just wanted you to know I've been thinking about you. Crawling into my bed at night is not as much fun as crawling into your arms and sleeping on your shoulder feeling your hard naked body against my own. I enjoy feeling the heat of your skin on the palm of my hands and hear your peaceful even breaths. I can imagine now the rhythm of your beating heart against my chin. Your vibrant azure eyes captivate me, and I get lost.

I long for your touch again. Your fingers raking over my body and my flesh reacting to the electrical charge you give me. I recall your tender kisses that give me goosebumps. I feel the passion emanating from our souls.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Anxiously waiting,

Dani

"Wow." She lies there calming herself. After a few minutes she grabs the phone and dials a number.

The receiver picks up. "Hello?"

"Hi," comes the sultry voice. "I got your letter."

A grin inches it's way upon Dani's face. "I'm glad. I was wondering how many attempts the messenger service was going to make at the various hotels."

"It was very thoughtful of you. Your words have heated my flesh, and now I don't know what I'm going to do."

Dani snickers like a teenager in love. In love? "I wish I was there. I would cool you off, but only after I turn the heat up further." She hears the laughter in the earpiece.

"You could fly out here." It wasn't so much a question as a statement.

"Is that an invitation?" Dani whispers in a surprised voice.

"Why not. But I'm not pressuring you. It's an open offer. Just an idea." Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. It's ludicrous to ask her to fly out here.

"Uh huh, a very tempting idea."

Silence.

Did I just fuck something up? Jesse wonders. Okay, let's not jump the gun. "How has your week been?"

"When do your sessions end?" Dani asks disregarding the question asked of her.

What? "Um, at 4pm tomorrow. Why?"

"What about Friday? Do you have sessions all day?"

"No. Friday is an open day. It gives vets the time to attend group discussions, talk to the speakers, see various new techniques from the medical field, etc. It's all optional. Um, why are you asking?"

"I can come out tomorrow, early evening."

"What?" Jesse asks surprised. "I didn't.... I mean.... you don't have to come out here."

"You don't want me to?" The disappointment is evident in her voice.

Jesse runs her hand through her hair. You have no idea. "I think it would be great for you to come out. I just.... I'm concerned about your job."

"I'll take a personal day on Friday. It's not a big deal. Plus I'm only missing one day. I'll head straight for the airport after work tomorrow."

Jesse smiles. "Alright. It sounds great. I look forward to holding you in my arms."

Dani grins into the phone. "Oh, I plan on having you do a lot more than that."

Gulp. Jesse feels her body growing very warm. "Good, cause I'm getting tired of going to the gym to reign in my lust for you."

Lust? She said she lusts for me?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"What's that? Jesse asks.

"It's call waiting. Damn it to hell. Oh, um...could you hold on a second, please?"

"Sure." Jesse lies back onto the bed thinking about her face being buried in wet golden curls.

"I'm back. Sorry about that. It was Kris. We're running some errands tonight."

"Okay. Well..."

"May I call you later?" Dani asks tentatively.

"Hmm, yes you 'may', since you asked so politely," she responds in a seductive voice.

Dani feels a rise in her libido. Oh, I love it when you get authoritative with me. She clears her throat. "Okay, I've got the number on the caller id. Talk to you later."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

********

Jesse enters her room, and she inhales the strong scent of flowers. Ah, they delivered it. Good. The room is bathed in roses, carnations, and orchids, irises and other mixes in various colors. She throws open the curtains of the southwest wall to welcome the sunshine through the sliding glass balcony doors. The room holds an iridescent glow. She looks at her watch. Hmm, almost 6pm. I'm not sure what time she'll be here.

Knock. Knock.

Taking long strides to the door, she looks through the peephole. A smile surfaces. She opens the door with a wide swing. "Hi."

The young woman finishes putting a wisp of blonde hair behind her ear. "Hi," she says with a shy smile.

Jesse takes a step back to motion for her to step inside. Dani walks in with her travel bag on wheels. The scent of flowers hits her. "Oh, Jesse, this is beautiful. Did you do this for me?"

Large strong hands come from behind to slide across her stomach to hold her tight. "Yes," comes the whisper tickling her ear.

Dani leans her head back onto the shoulder behind her and exposes her neck. Jesse leans down at the tempting sight to begin nibbling. A groan works its way out of the smaller woman. "Mmm. I...I...need to take a bath."

They face each other. Dani brings the taller woman's head down for a searing kiss.

Jesse breaks away first. "What would you like for dinner?"

"Can we get room service?"

"Sure," she responds while holding on to the woman's waist.

"Great. You order while I get in the tub. I trust your judgement."

Jesse nods and kisses her again before letting go.

Dani heads for the bathroom. I feel giddy. I almost can't believe I actually came out here. But I'm so glad. The tub fills. She notices bath salts and a bottle of relaxing bubble bath on the shelf. Hmm, did she put these here? I don't recall hotels automatically having these. Without further thought, she steps into the steaming water. There comes a knock on the door. "Come in."

Jesse saunters inside. "Dinner will be here in about forty-five minutes."

"Great." She gazes up at the tall figure, her eyes paying attention to the slight outlining of curves under the dark clothing. "Would you like to join me?" she purrs.

Smiling Jesse begins removing her black T-shirt and jeans. She steps inside the still hot liquid right behind the blonde. Dani turns around as the dark woman sits. "I want us facing each other. I would like you to wash me." She bats her eyelashes at her lover. "Would you?"

"Oh yes," comes the heated response. Jesse grabs the loofah as Dani moves closer to straddle her lap.

********

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"That must be dinner," Jesse states, grateful she got out of the tub a couple of minutes ago to put on some clothes. After looking through the peephole, she opens the door.

"Evening Miss Chandler. Here is your meal as requested." The almost balding elderly man wearing a butler's uniform pushes the cart into the room.

She looks under the silver covers to be sure everything is there. She grins at the dessert plate. Oh, this is going to be good.

"Is everything to your liking Miss Chandler? Is there anything else you need?"

"Everything is great. Thank you." She pushes a twenty-dollar bill into the thick wrinkled hand.

He takes a look at it. "Oh, my...thank you Miss Chandler."

"No, thank you...um." She searches for a nametag.

Noticing her looking, "James," he says kindly.

She smiles. "Thank you James. Oh and there is no need to pick up the cart tonight. Tomorrow morning is fine when the beds are done."

"Yes, I understand. You will not be disturbed for the remainder of the evening." Heading for the door, he bows towards her. "Goodnight and enjoy."

"Oh I will James. Goodnight."

The elderly man chuckles to himself knowingly.

"What was that all about?" Dani asks exiting the bathroom in a white fluffy robe. "He was treating you like royalty."

"Naw, it's just that the good vets get the best service. We've used this hotel for a couple of years to hold this conference. They just know my name." Jesse explains.

"So, you're one of the good vets, huh?" The teasing tone is audible. "Then I should make sure I give you the best service too."

Dark eyebrows wiggle playfully. Jesse takes her hand and kisses her knuckles. "Hungry?"

"Oh, yes." The thick sexual tone implied.

"We have all night. We'll start with the food on the cart first."

"So, what's for dinner?" she asks as she attempts to lift a silver cover from off the cart.

"Caesar salad, spinach and tomato fettuccine with mushrooms, alfredo sauce and garlic chicken. Chilled white wine, and Tiramisu for dessert."

Eyes as wide as saucers look in her direction. "I... was expecting turkey sandwiches or burgers."

Not understanding the statement, but thinking she made a mistake with the order, she says, "I...you...want something different? I thought this would be okay."

Dani grasps there has occurred a miscommunication between them. She grabs Jesse's hands and kisses them. "Oh, no sweetie. I mean, I'm...just shocked. This is wonderful, really. I'm wondering though...um...isn't this expensive? I mean, this hotel looks pricey enough as it is and you got all these flowers in here, I didn't want you to go through any trouble with dinner."

Jesse relaxes her shoulders. "I want to do this. I want to make you happy. I'm not trying to impress you with how much money I can spend, I just want to treat you like the goddess you are." She stares at the floor.

"Goddess, huh? I've been called a lot of things but never a goddess." She lifts the chin in front of her with a gentle touch. Green eyes meet blue. "Thank you. For everything." The statement is sincere and heartfelt. She brings the taller woman down for a passionate kiss. A growling stomach makes itself known to the couple. "I guess we better eat."

********

"God, that was good." Dani states. "I think I'm going to need to wait a bit for dessert." She leans her head back in the chair and props a leg over the arm of it. Her robe falls open, exposing the inside of her thighs and blonde curls.

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers
1...345678