Two of a Kind Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cia81
Cia81
1,162 Followers

"In any event, we have... impeccable assurances that Bashta is indeed the sole surviving victim of this plague."

Dr. Pennelst stared at Cavel for a moment before dropping his eyes before the more dominant man. "Alright. I should be able to draw several vials of your mate's blood today and use that to create a batch of antiserum. Once I have that I can replicate it synthetically and the initial dose can be given to the sickest members of your clan."

Cavel winced at the mention of how close some of the kitlings might be to death, but he kept his mouth shut as he nodded. He held Bashta's hand as they rolled over a tray full of vials and a thick needle but kept his gaze locked on the wall as they started preparing. After putting on his gloves, Dr. Pennelst wrapped a strip of plastic around Bashta's bicep and then prodded at his arm.

"Make a fist and pump it a few times," he instructed. Still pressing on the inside of Bashta's elbow he muttered to himself then reached over for an alcohol swab. The wipe was cold on Bashta's skin as he efficiently cleaned the site. "Okay, ready?" He looked up and smiled at Bashta who was watching intently.

Bashta nodded then looked up at Cavel who shifted his eyes so they were looking at each other. "Just keep looking at me," Cavel said, smiling nervously. "Don't look at it and it will be over soon."

Bashta frowned. "Look at what?" What was going to happen?

"The needle." Cavel shuddered. He looked so anxious Bashta couldn't help but look apprehensively to see what the doctor was doing though Cavel told him not to. The doctor held a small tube in his hand with a small metal spike on the end of it.

"Is that little thing the needle?" he asked, looking from Dr. Pennelst to Cavel.

"Little!" Cavel exclaimed. "It's a damn spike!"

Piscel laughed from his spot by the door. "Awww, is Cavel afraid of a little needle?" Cavel just glared at him.

"Yes, this is the needle," the doctor said with a smile. "I'll put this in your arm and attach the vials. The blood flows from a hole in the needle into the vial. It's really not more than a pinch. Ready?"

Bashta looked from the doctor to Cavel. He shook his head, it didn't look that bad. "Yeah, go ahead."

Cavel focused on the wall again as the doctor smoothly inserted the needle into Bashta's arm. He jumped a little but then watched in fascination as bright blood began flowing into the vial and out of his body. The doctor moved very fast as he switched vials, putting the filled one down on the small table next to them. Bashta could easily smell the tang of the fluid and licked his lips. His nose quivered as his stomach growled. Dr. Pennelst looked startled and flinched, jabbing the needle a bit deeper in Bashta's arm.

"Ow!" Bashta complained.

Cavel's head turned and glared at the doctor, hissing as he bared his sharp teeth. He couldn't control his reaction to the pain the man inflicted on his mate, their bond too new for him to be comfortable with anyone else touching him, much less hurting him. Hurriedly pulling out the needle and pushing the cap up, Dr. Pennelst stepped away. Cavel shifted, glaring at the doctor threateningly with his teeth bared.

Bashta shushed him. "It was an accident."

He lifted up his arm to turn Cavel's face to look at him and away from the doctor. "Calm down. It didn't hurt that much." Cavel's nose quivered at the smell of blood from the small wound. He cradled Bashta's arm to him, pulling the elastic band off and then lowering his head to gently lick the small spot with delicate swipes of his tongue. Bashta sighed and Cavel moved up to nuzzle their cheeks together.

"I'm sorry. I'm a mess tonight," he whispered. Bashta nuzzled him back.

"It's okay, I am too. Will you please take me home?"

The doctors were polite but it was obvious they were glad to see them go. Three full grown Carthera jaguars were intimidating under the best of circumstances, which these were not. Cavel ushered Bashta out of the room in front of him and Piscel made more apologies to the doctors. Dr. Pennelst was already gathering up the vials into a portable refrigerated container to take to his lab; he was anxious to begin working.

"Let's get something to eat before we fly home," Cavel said. Piscel slid behind the wheel of the car and started driving. They went through a drive-thru and picked up some burgers. Bashta watched in wonder and his eyes went wide as he took his first bite. He chewed thoughtfully, rolling the food in his mouth.

"Interesting," he said. He wasn't sure if he liked it or not but it was hot and filling.

When they got to the new airport the first thing he thought was that maybe he shouldn't have finished the third burger when he saw what they were going to be getting into to get to Cavel's home.

"What is that?"

"A helicopter." Bashta stood frozen in shock. Piscel was locking up the car as Cavel went to check on the flight plan and he caught sight of Bashta's white face as soon as he got back. "This is a lot different from the commercial flight," he explained. "We can see all around us and Cavel will be flying. I know I trust him a lot more than any human pilot."

Bashta nodded weakly but he still shook as he got in the small machine and Cavel buckled him in. His hands were clenched in his lap as they taxied over to the short runway. His eyes were wide as they took off, engines roaring as they lifted into the air and then began flying over the mountains. Cavel rumbled at him, trying to soothe his fear as the scent filled the small space.

"I'm really a very good pilot," Cavel assured him. Bashta took a few very shuddery breaths and then forced himself to relax back into his seat. He had come this far and Cavel had been with him, protecting him the whole time. He wouldn't stop now. He was able to control his fear but he didn't manage to enjoy the view of the mountains as they approached them. 'Next time,' he promised himself. Landing saw him clenching his hands together with his eyes shut but he managed not to panic.

They bumped up and down a few times as the rotors slowed and then finally drifted to a stop. Cavel smiled as Bashta carefully opened his eyes. His mouth widened in shock as he took in the surroundings. The city had been loud and smelly, overwhelming his senses. He had shuddered at the thought of living surrounded by all of that day after day but knew he didn't have a choice. But this, this was very different.

The airport sat at the edge of a small town, one and two story buildings just visible in the distance. Beyond them were mountains jutting up from the landscape, their peaks covered in white. There were trees all around, tall but with spikes instead of broad leaves like he was used to. When they finally got out of the helicopter he stood there for long moments, taking deep breaths. Beyond the smell of the metal and the fuel was a fresh clean scent born on a cool wind.

He shivered a little, glad to have the pants and shirt for the first time. It felt much more exposed than he was used to but compared to the first city he saw it was a virtual paradise. He smiled in relief.

Cavel came behind him and wrapped him up in his arms. He rested his head on Bashta's. "Like it?" Cavel asked casually.

Bashta could feel his anxiety through their bond before he nodded.

"Very much."

A small smile broke across Cavel's face and he gave Bashta a tight squeeze with his arms and a nuzzle with his cheek. "Good. I want you to like our home. The others should have made it back just a little bit ago. Let's go see the rest of the clan and check on the kitlings." He trembled a little and Bashta brought his arms up and held Cavel against his body.

"I won't leave you," he said. This time it was Cavel who needed the help. Bashta would support his mate as he had supported him.

After shoving the chocks in place, Piscel joined them. They left the airplane hangar and walked over to a jeep parked to one side in a small lot. Cavel pulled a key from its hidden spot under the back bumper and they all got inside.

He took a breath and then started the engine, making sure to put the windows down which helped Bashta would feel less confined just like it had in the first car he rode in. The sun was just coming up as they left the airport, heading for the small town a few miles away.

To the place his new clan was waiting.

Cia81
Cia81
1,162 Followers