Two Worlds: Land of Ice Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What is wrong?" Richards asked as the male halfling growled and was calling out something in the tribe's language.

"His mate was back at the other compound. She was a scientist there. That's why he was put as one of the violent ones. He kept trying to get to her but they wouldn't let him." Jess explained.

"Could he describe her? I might be able to get her here." Richards offered.

"Even better," Jess replied with a smile after a moment of talking with him. "He can draw her out."

"Alright. Tell him we will find his mate and for now he needs to rest." Richards commanded with a nod before leaving the room. Once Jess was done talking to the men Nate pulled her out of the Hospital wing.

"I'm sorry you lost your mate and that we needed you to be so strong to help with the rest. Go. Take your time to grieve and rest with what is left of your family. We will get you in the morning when the doctors need to do their checkups." Jess nodded at that, tears in her eyes as she ran off to find her children. Nate sighed as he thought of his own family and felt the need to hear their voices. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed his mates number.

"I assume everything went well." Came the answer after a few rings. Nate smiled and sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"As well as it could have. A few of the tribe was killed apparently though. They are all trying to deal with the loss of it. Are you home now?"

"Yep. Got the first flight back as soon as you called me. Just be happy I was able to reschedule everything."

"I know. I'm sorry about this love." Nate sighed as he walked down the hall, heading for the guest bedroom he had been given for the night.

"I understand honey. This is huge and I know will affect all the packs. It was best that you were there." Nate smiled at his mate's acceptance.

"And that is why I love you babe."

"Oh really? I thought it was just cause of my ass and tits." She teased back.

"Well those definitely help." Nate chuckled as he entered the room and closed the door. "Just wait until I get home and can show those tits and ass just how much I love them."

"Mmm. I can't wait."

"Tell the kids I love them. I'm gonna hit the hay now. Good night my gorgeous mate."

"Good night my love. Sleep well."

Nate hung up and lay back on the bed. He didn't realize how tired he was, but as soon as his head hit the pillow, he was out.

~~~~~~

"Why are you doing this?" came the broken cry just down the hall. I flinched as I heard the pain in Becky's voice, wishing that her heart didn't have to be broken in order for Tristan to be with who he is meant to. I was thankful that Momsy and Dave had gone out shopping so it was just Sky, Riz, Tristan, Becky and I. I glanced over at Sky as I heard Tristan trying to calm Becky down and speak calmly to her.

"This is your guys' fault you know." Riz informed us from the couch. "If you hadn't told him what happened and taken him to the cave then he wouldn't have found this so called 'mate' of his."

"Would you rather we hadn't and he had never met his true love?" Sky shot back at her.

"At least then they both would be happy! I mean really, she's been with him since we moved here! Do you really think she's going to just move on? I mean you might as well take her to the cave and see if her mate is there as well!"

Sky looked at her with a shocked look before getting a huge grin on her face.

"That is a brilliant idea!" she replied excitedly.

"Really? But what if she doesn't find her mate there? Are you sure we can trust her enough to keep the tribe secret?" I asked, worried about Refre and the others.

"I believe we can. I have gotten to know her the last few years. I think she is trustworthy. And if Tristan trusts her, I do." Sky concluded with a nod before standing up slightly unsteadily and heading for Tristan's room. I quickly got up and followed her, hoping that she was right.

"Tristan?" she knocked on the door as she called out to him. It became silent and then the door slowly opened.

"Yes Sky?" Tristan sighed, obviously looking a little exhausted.

"Do you trust her?" Sky asked him seriously. He looked back at Becky who was sitting on the bed with her face in her hands.

"Of course," he responded truthfully. Sky nodded before turning to Becky.

"Tomorrow could you come over? We have something we need to show you. Something that will help it all make sense." Sky explained. Becky looked at her strangely for a few moments before nodding slightly. Sky smiled and then walked in and gave Becky a hug. Becky suddenly gasped and then lifted Sky's shirt, revealing her baby bump.

"When did this happen? Whose is it?" she asked with wide eyes. She ran her hands along Sky's stomach and Sky bit her lip in worry.

"That's part of the thing we want to show you tomorrow." I cut in, knowing that we probably shouldn't tell her much more than that. Becky frowned but then nodded and leaned in and put her ear to Sky's stomach.

"About six months, right?" she inquired. Sky nodded and Becky moved her ear a bit. "I can't tell but I can hear at least one strong healthy heart beat... Maybe two."

"Two?" Tristan asked in surprise. Sky looked a little worried at that and glanced over at Tristan as Becky nodded.

"I can't be sure though. Not without a stethoscope or ultrasound." Becky admitted.

"Do you think you could get your hands on one of those?" Tristan asked.

"Are you working to be a doctor?" I added.

"Midwife actually. I'm almost done with my degree." She said with a smile as she continued to feel Sky's stomach.

"Hey! I'm out of water!" Riz suddenly called from the living room. I jumped and felt a bit guilty as I realized I had almost forgotten about her. I ran out into the living room and grabbed her cup before filling it up.

"Sorry about that Riz."

"It's fine. So, what date is our flight again? I can't wait to get back to California where it's warm." Riz started gushing. I flinched as I realized I hadn't thought about what I would do after summer was over. I couldn't leave Refre but I couldn't take him with me.

What do I want now? Am I going to give up everything for him? Could I? I questioned myself as Riz continued to gush about California and the plans we had made before.

Yes, my heart answered almost immediately. Just in the few short days I had been with him I had fallen completely in love with him. He truly seemed to be my soul mate. He loved to joke around but was a complete romantic at heart. We laughed together and I was touched by all the romantic things he tried to do for me.

He brought me a whole seal a one point and Sky explained to me that it was a symbol of his intent to mate with me and that he had searched for a good portion of the day for the biggest one he could find. I accepted it gladly even though I had no idea what to do with it. Sky had taught me what I was to do with it as well as several other things that were needed to help the village with day to day life. I have enjoyed every moment there and even though I have always hated the cold, I was now getting used to it. I no longer saw the area around me as a desolate white wasteland, but instead as a beautiful landscape of shimmering crystal ice.

"What do you think? Purple or green?' Riz asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"For what? Sorry. I spaced a bit." I said slightly sheepishly.

"For our dorm colors of course!" Riz said, rolling her eyes.

"Purple. DEFINITELY purple." I chuckled slightly before looking down as Riz continued to ramble on. Finally a few minutes later Becky and the others came out and Becky left.

"She'll be back tomorrow." Tristan said before sitting down on the couch next to me. "How are you doing Riz?"

"My ankle still hurts. I hope it heals soon. I don't like just sitting around all the time. It's boring." She complained.

"Hopefully you'll be up and about soon." Sky assured her as she sat in the other recliner. Riz simply grumbled at that and then went back to watching the TV. The rest of the day was spent with us watching silly shows and Riz going on and on about California. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I wasn't sure if I was going yet.

"You're going again tomorrow, aren't you?" Riz asked almost accusingly as we laid in bed.

"I have to Riz," I replied with a sigh. "I need to see Refre."

"You sound like some over attached stocker girlfriend." She retorted. I sighed but didn't respond, feeling pretty bad that she couldn't come with us. I slipped into a deep sleep a few minutes later, my dreams for once of a land of ice.

12