Two Worlds: Land of Ice Ch. 07

Story Info
It's not everyday you run into a new culture.
3.8k words
4.69
10.2k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're going again, aren't you?" Riz asked from the chair she was set up on. I sighed at that and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry Riz. I'll stay home with you tomorrow, okay?" I suggested with a weak smile as Tristan and Sky slipped on their coats and Momsy was in the kitchen cleaning up breakfast. Riz frowned and seemed to pout a bit before turning back to the television.

"Fine. Promise? Cause you haven't been a very good friend lately." She grumbled, not looking at us. I sighed and went over to hug her.

"I promise. I'll spend the whole day with you tomorrow and we can do whatever you want." I told her before letting go and heading for the door.

"See you later Momsy!" I called out as Tristan and Sky also said their goodbyes. We got into Tristan's truck and drove off into town. We stopped by Becky's and she slipped into the back with me.

"Alright. Let's go." She said a little excitedly. We were all excited and anxious to find out what the other village's response had been to the messenger, so Tristan went as fast as he could while still being careful. We parked on the normal road and almost ran to the cave; however Becky made us slow down so that Sky wouldn't over exert herself. We were to the village in record time and were surprised to see a group coming from the other side of the cave systems and the King and Queen sitting outside the igloo with much of the village around them. We did run for the village then and all sat down next to Faraf and Refre.

"What's going on?" I asked Sky after she had been talking to Faraf for a moment.

"The King of the rival village accepted the invitation and decided to come today. He has brought himself and twenty other unmated males. They are going to discuss a peace agreement and see if their mates are among the unmated females." Sky whispered excitedly. I felt like shouting out in joy but kept quiet as the group of males came into the main circle of the village.

"Yes!" I heard Becky hiss quietly in celebration as Tristan whispered what Sky had said to me. We all smiled as the King and his men started to pass us. I noticed the King pause for a moment and wondered what was happening before he continued on and bowed slightly to the King and Queen of our village. They in return stood up and bowed to him before offering him a place to sit and beginning to talk.

We all sat there and tried to listen and understand. Sky tried to keep up and explain everything as the conversation went along. Finally she said they came to the part about mates and the families of the unmated females went into their igloos to collect things that had the females' scents. Sky turned and talked to Faraf for a moment before he nodded and stood up silently. They both turned to Becky and Sky suddenly unwrapped Becky's scarf from around her neck.

"I'll take that and see you later. Technically you aren't supposed to be out of the family's hut during this." Sky smiled teasingly. Becky blinked before squealing as Faraf picked her up and took her into his family's hut.

"I almost forgot about that... Since she's not mated she's not even really supposed to be outside, is she?" I asked.

"Yep. It's bad luck to see before one or the other smells. And really they are supposed to ask the parents of the female to be formally introduced. You and I are special cases but I did have Faraf ask for Tristan." Sky explained.

"Will she be okay? You probably should have explained that to her." Tristan worried.

"Don't worry about it. Besides, since you are the male of our little 'family' you are supposed to go around and let all the males smell this." She said before handing Tristan Becky's scarf.

"You want me to go mate off my ex-fiancée?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Like I said, you are basically the head family member of our little 'family' so you have to." Sky responded with a shrug. Tristan sighed before standing up and going to copy what the other head of families were doing. Each of them had something with their daughter's or sister's, or whoever else was unmated, scent on it. They would pause at one of the visiting males and if the scent was that of one of the male's mate then they would go with the head of family to discuss their mate and formally ask to meet them. By the time it got to Tristan's turn to share Becky's scent, 15 out of the 21 men had found their mate.

Tristan stepped up and held it before the first male who sniffed it and then grumbled. This happened with the remaining men until he got to the King. The King practically snatched the scarf and rubbed it against his face. Tristan laughed and I helped Sky stand up so we could both go over to them.

Wow! Becky's the King of the other village's mate? This is amazing! Fate really is pulling us all together!I thought with a smile as Sky and Tristan began to talk to the King about Becky. Tristan and the King had Sky translate for them as the King formally asked to meet Becky to discuss their mating. Tristan of course agreed and we all headed for Faraf's family igloo.

"This is crazy! Let me out!" I looked over at Sky as I heard Becky yelling from the door outside the igloo. We walked in to see Faraf blocking her way out.

"Becky? Why don't you sit down? Sorry about this. I probably should have explained it sooner." Sky started before getting Becky to sit down and explaining just what was going on.

"So you mean to tell me that you have basically already married me off?" Becky asked, looking pissed.

"No. This is more of setting you up on a supervised blind date." Sky shrugged, figuring that was the best she could do. "You don't have to mate him if you don't want to but I've already told you that they find their soul mates by smell and King Rau's nose says it's you."

"Okay... Fine. I'll meet him." Becky sighed, giving in. Sky smiled and motioned for Faraf to let the King in. Faraf nodded and called out and a few moments later King Rau walked in and locked eyes with Becky. The both stood mesmerized for a moment before the King came up and knelt down before here and whispered something in their language. Becky was blushing slightly at the way he was looking at her and then turned to Sky.

"What did he say?" she asked quietly.

"Well the direct translation is 'More beauty than the Fish Woman.'" Sky said with a giggle. "But that is in reference to their goddess and basically means you are the most beautiful thing he could ever imagine."

Becky blushed a little deeper and turned back to look into King Rau's expecting eyes.

"Tell him thank you and that he is rather beautiful too." She said softly with a slight smile. Sky chuckled and did so before Faraf offered for all of us to sit down and eat lunch.

''''''''''''''''''

"So why wasn't this Charles here when we sent for you?" Richards asked after Jess had explained that the man was going to be coming to the compound. Jess sighed and Nate sat up a bit, also curious about what had happened.

"Well. He is hurting right now and I think putting him around the tribe just upsets him. I think he also might be afraid of their anger." She finally admitted.

"Because he exposed them?" Nate asked, remembering the video of Charles and the halflings.

"No. Although that probably doesn't help things in his mind." Jess bit her lip.

"Then why? What's his story?" Richards inquired. Jess sighed again before adjusting Losy in her arms.

"Five and a half years ago, Shelly, Charles, my brother, another one of our friends and I went on a camping trip. I, in a clumsy and stupid moment, ran ahead and wasn't paying attention to the ground beneath me and fell down through a hole and into the cave systems that held the tribe. I fell practically into my mate's lap and he brought me back to his village before my friends could even pull out a rope to climb down. For about five years I lived with this tribe and learned their ways, fell in love with one of their princes and had his children. A couple months ago my mate found my friends wondering through the cave systems trying to find me.

Naturally he brought them back and they were shocked to find me living with a village of nekos that seemed to be pulled right out of an anime. Shelly and Eric's anthropology sides came out and they were interested right away and didn't want to leave. Kael got swept up by the fact that he had a nephew and soon he and Isaac found their mates. Charles, however, was never very happy there and wanted to leave.

His mate found him and I hoped that she could change his mind. Her name was Unari. She was my sister-in-law, the princess and first in line to run the tribe. I think maybe this was too much to put on Charles though, because he began to disappear after that, only returning for food and to sleep. We found out later that he was hiding out in the woods around the village, hiding from the tribe and from his mate. Then one day... that fateful day, he pulled Eric aside and told him he wanted to go home. We weren't forcing him to stay of course and we had been planning on talking to him about it since he had been dodging Unari, but he beat us to it. Eric asked him why and finally he admitted that the problem was that he did care for Unari but didn't think that he was her mate. He felt that because of their age difference and the fact that he didn't feel he could help her run the tribe without the power going to his head, that they weren't meant to be mates.

Finally Eric agreed that it might be best that Charles, Shelly and himself went home for at least a little while. Eric came to talk to me and was just telling me what Charles had said when we suddenly heard him cry out Unari's name... It sounded completely distraught and we ran towards it. By the time we got there, Charles, my mate and two others were gone... And all that was left was Unari's body.

One of the kids had been hiding up in the trees and saw the whole thing. She said that Charles and Unari had been fighting and Charles pushed her away from him a little too hard and she fell and hit her head on a large bolder. She broke her neck and died instantly. The child said that Charles expression was heartbreaking... I could only imagine..." She trailed off and wiped away some of her tears.

Richards and Nate sat there in shock as they heard the end of her story. Neither could imagine the amount of pain accidently killing your own mate would cause. They understood now why Charles wouldn't want to be around the tribe. He would probably see his mate's face everywhere.

"H-He agreed to come though. He agreed that the tribe would need some legal and political help if they are to be treated like more than tests subjects." Jess finally said.

"Alright. Well have him call you the moment he is at the front gate and we'll let him in." Richards agreed.

"Thank you." Jess nodded before getting up and going to find her son.

"That poor man..." Nate sighed.

"I can't even imagine..." Richard shook his head before standing up. "If you don't mind, I have a powerful need to be with my mate."

"Not a problem." Nate chuckled, also feeling that need and deciding to call her.

"Ello?" came a sweet, little, high pitched voice.

"Hey sweety! How are you doing?" Nate asked his little angel.

"Daddy!" Liliana chirped happily. "Daddy's on the phone Mommy! Oh! Daddy! Guess what!"

"What?" Nate took the bait with a smile.

"I got my first lose tooth today!" She answered excitedly.

"No way! I can't believe I'm missing that!"

"Yeah! Here's Zachy!"

"Daddy! I caught a squirrel today!" Zachariah announced happily.

"Ah. Mommy didn't feel like cooking, hey?" Nate teased. "Don't tell her I said that."

"I heard that. Alright you two! Go brush your teeth." Rachel called to their children on the other side.

"How have you been my beautiful, precious mate? Have I told you how much I love you recently?" Nate asked with a smile.

"Alright, what do you want?" Rachel asked with a bit of a laugh.

"Nothing, love, I just miss you."

"I miss you too. But there is something else, isn't there?" she asked. Nate sighed and sat back down.

"Someone else is coming to the compound soon and well... Let's just say he has a rather sad story. I can't even imagine the pain something like that could cause... I just... Needed to hear your voice." He finally admitted.

"Wow. Must have been a horrible story to have affected you so badly. I'm sorry love. I am safe though. You have nothing to worry about." She reassured him.

"I know. You are my mate though. I will always worry about your safety. I love you."

"I love you too. When do you think you'll be home?"

"Not for at least another day or two."

"Well let me know when you know for sure. I have a need that only you can satisfy." She teased him.

"Oh? Tell me more about this need."

"I need your hands touching my hard, perky nipples. I need your lips trailing kisses down my body. I need your tongue slipping into my intimate places while I suck your cock down my throat. I need you- to hug and give me kisses until I feel all warm and bubbly inside! Now tell your father goodnight kids."

"Night Daddy!" echoed their voices as Nate stifled a groan.

"Night little ones." He called back.

"I'll talk to you later love. Goodnight and I love you."

"I love you too, my wonderful mate. I love you so much. Goodnight." Nate said before sighing as he hung up the phone.

"Separation anxiety?" came a slight chuckle from the doorway. Nate looked up to see Isaac standing there and chuckled as well before sighing.

"Yeah. Pretty much."

"I know how that feels..." Isaac sighed, looking down the hall.

"What do you need?" Nate asked after a moment.

"Well, honestly I had a few question about... Um... Well about werewolves I guess." He said with a shrug.

"Oh. Sure. Sit down and ask away."

"Okay. Um, well how much of werewolf lore is fact?" he started to ask before Eric and Shelly peeked their heads in.

"Can we ask and listen too?" Shelly asked a little shyly.

"Of course. Come in and sit down. I can tell you anything you like. Now as far as werewolf lore goes: silver has no affect to us; we do tend to shift during the full moon, but only because we want to and not because we have to; we only have two forms, which is the full wolf and the full human so there is no hybrid form. Let's see... We can be killed any way a human can we just heal a bit faster, we age slower, and we have increased senses, strength and speed. Oh and most importantly: our bit isn't contagious." Nate told them, trying to think of anything else that he had forgotten that had to do with popular lore.

"How do you mate?" Eric asked, jotting down notes in a note pad.

"We have sex and during our climax usually the male bites the female. However we have had a few cases where a female wolf mated a human male and then the female had to do the biting. How does the tribe do it?"

"They form during sex as well but it has to be the first time for the female I think." Shelly responded.

"They used to think it had to be the couple's first time but then Kael and I disproved that." Isaac added with a shrug.

"Huh. That is how the stories said it was for our ancestors as well... Interesting..." Nate thought out loud.

"Do you happen to have any stories or history written down?" Shelly asked hopefully.

"Yes actually. Our earliest believed histories are written in the Book of Luna but most think of them to just be legends now. We have more recent histories as well written down in several places. Would you like to look at some of them?"

"Yes please!" Shelly and Eric both answered, making them all laugh. Nate showed them over to the library and the notes of the more recent history before asking Richards to borrow his Book of Luna. Eric and Shelly spent hours looking it over but Isaac went to bed with his mate after she came to drag him away.

Nate yawned as he noticed just how late it was and Shelly noticed. She looked at the time and then looked at it again in surprise.

"I'm sorry! We are keeping you up, aren't we?"

"It's fine. I understand. This is all new and probably very interesting to you. It's not every day you run into a new culture." Nate assured her with a smile.

"Well maybe it is for you two." He added as an afterthought, causing all of them to chuckle.

"Yeah. And analyzing cultures and such is our job." Eric added with a grin.

"Yes. Jess told me how you are both anthropologists. I bet the untouched tribe of cat creatures was heaven for you two."

"It was, for multiple reasons." Shelly said as she looked up at Eric with loving eyes. He smiled and looked back at her with the same look and Nate chuckled.

"Well maybe we should all get to bed now." Nate suggested before they became too entrapped by each other.

"Probably would be a good idea." Eric agreed. He led Shelly off to their room and Nate chuckled before heading for his own. He lay down on his bed and was asleep in only a few minutes.

'''''''''''''''

Becky sighed as King Rau left, promising to return and talk about their mating more in two days. She lay back on the floor of the igloo we were in and sighed again.

"Well that was interesting." She commented.

"That's one word you could use." Sky shrugged. "You felt it though, didn't you?"

"What? You mean the attraction? The pull to be with him? Yeah. Definitely felt that. How could I not? Especially with how sweet he is." Becky smiled. I smiled as well, thinking about Refre and how I felt the same about him. I looked around the room and realized it was just us girls now.

"Where did the boys go?" I asked Sky.

"Well Faraf went to show the King out and wish him farewell. I think Refre is working on a new bone knife and Tristan went to go visit his mate." She responded before lying back with Becky. I smiled and lay back as well, thinking about how good of a hunter Refre was.

When did that become so important?I thought to myself as I realized I was starting to think like a village member. It didn't bother me too much but it made me realize how much I love the village and want to be a part of it, and not just because of Refre. Sure he was a big part of it but I could see now that I had fallen in love with the simple lifestyle and culture of the village.

I can't leave now... I can't go back to California and not see this anymore...

"How are we going to explain this to our families?" Becky suddenly asked.

"What do you mean?" Sky asked.

"Well I'm going to become Queen of the other village and you three are going to be mates with people in this one. We can't be coming and going all the time, especially me. So what are we going to tell our parents?" she explained, making me realize that she was on the same thought process as me.

"Well... I was going to tell them that I was moving out. I didn't really think beyond that." Sky admitted.

"We have to tell them something..." I told them with a sigh.

"Yeah... Maybe we can tell them that we are all moving in together somewhere kind of far away. And then tell them that we didn't save enough up to get a phone or internet." Becky suggested.

"Knowing my parents they would ask for the address and then try to send us a phone." I groaned slightly.

"Mine might try that too..." Sky frowned. We lay there for a few minutes trying to think it over.

"Maybe... Okay don't freak out right away at this but... Maybe we can tell them the truth. Just think about it for a moment." Becky finally stated. I could see that Sky automatically wanted to shoot the idea down, and I was slightly agreeing with her until I actually thought about it.

"That could work... We just tell them the truth and let them decide whether or not they believe us. If not then we leave anyways and they can think we went off to college or ran off with some boy or whatever it is they choose to believe. And either way we don't lie to them and they will know where we are even if they don't believe us." I reasoned with a shrug. Sky bit her lip and seemed to still be thinking about it for a moment.

12