Unbroken Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vanalas
vanalas
225 Followers

"Yeah," The queen said softly. She had her eyes on her son the whole time and she could tell that the smile on his face was not genuine. It was fake and though the king couldn't see right through that smile, she was able to see through. It was clear the Prince was not happy. But she couldn't just tell the king that. "I am glad that he is."

She quickly moved to the other side where her daughter was smiling, watching and probably admiring the couple. "What are you still doing here?"

"Laughing at the prince dancing," Hanna jested, then laughing softly.

"Well, get ready young woman because it will soon be your turn." She laughed. "Now go and find someone to dance with."

Hanna looked at her mother with a brilliant smile. "With pleasure," She said, getting up from the chair.

Luis on the other hand was getting sick by each passing second. Either way, he danced and after what felt like hours, the music stopped and he felt like air had just come back to him. He was able to breathe again after so long.

Hearing the music stop, Luis moved his hands away from the lady and just stared at her, laughing nervously. He was really nervous and never was he going to do something like that again. From the way the lady looked like and the expression on her face, Luis could tell that she had enjoyed the dance. If only she could read his mind...then she wouldn't have been smiling. She would have probably been crying.

"That was lovely, wasn't it?" The lady asked in a sexy voice.

"Yeah..." Luis answered as if he was not so sure of the answer. The spotlight was still on him but he absolutely didn't care. "...I guess you enjoyed it."

"I really loved it." She giggled, shaking her body. "You are so handsome."

"Err...thanks," He gave a nervous smile. "Excuse me." He turned to leave but she gripped his arm and blushed, locking her eyes with his. Luis opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the slow music which had just started playing.

"I would like another dance, if you don't mind."

"Of course, I mind." Luis thought, trying to get his arm free.

"Please," The lady begged. Luis looked around and saw people making their way on the dance floor. That was when he gathered his confidence. He needed to be a man that he was and not say 'yes' simply because he was speaking to a lady. "I really loved dancing with you."

"I am truly sorry," Luis leered, getting his arm free. "I can't give you another dance. I gotta go. I have to be somewhere else." Without even getting an answer, he turned and began moving away from the dance floor.

"B-but..." It was too late. Luis was lost in the crowd and she couldn't see him. She hated what had happened. She was feeling like people were laughing at her, just by looking at her.

"Fuck," Luis whispered, rushing to the wine table. He hated how he was feeling at that time. It was like something had just crawled on his body and made him shiver. He hated it and he didn't want to dance with another female who by the way was wetting her panties.

Reaching the table, Luis took a glass and poured some wine. Then he took it in one swift, feeling some form of energy travel to his body. He felt better. He filled another glass and was about to take another swift when he heard a voice behind him.

"Man that was some dance." It was followed by a teasing chuckle.

Hearing the voice, Luis quickly turned to find Charles laughing at him teasingly. "That wasn't funny at all." He said, taking a sip from his wine. "I don't want that to happen, ever."

"I could tell from the way you were looking like." Charles laughed, slipping his hand in his black suit. He was looking super cute and his hair was gelled. "By the way," He said, looking at his friend. "You look good. It's no wonder that lady was eye fucking you."

"Oh man, shut up." Luis said, trying to forget what had happened. "I knew she was interested in me. But I never knew she was eye fucking me." He said, giving his glass to Charles. He poured himself another and they both toasted before they dug in. By the time the glasses moved from their lips, they were empty.

"Care for another dance?" Charles said softly, looking around. "I can tell a lot of ladies are interested in you."

At Charles' words, Luis looked all around and saw the number of ladies that were probably lost in their thoughts, thinking he was fucking them. They were literally removing his clothes with their eyes. He didn't like their expressions at all. He knew what was gonna come next if he chose to stay there.

"How am I not sure they are not eye fucking you?" He jested, diverting his eyes to his friend, drawing a laugh from him. "I am sure they are probably riding your..." He trailed off and laughed, enjoying the look on Charles' face.

"Because I am not the one with the crown," Charles said with a soft chuckle.

"Care to wear my crown instead?"

"I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes right now." Charles laughed, wrapping his arm around Luis. "Those ladies are ready to fuck you given..."

"Oh shut up."

Luis moved his eyes around and caught one lady eyeing him and licking her lips. When their eyes met, she licked her lips and winked at him, giving him the 'fuck me' look. It wasn't appealing and he hated it. He immediately moved his eyes away and stared at his friend.

"I think I need to get out of here." Luis said, scanning the room to try and find the nearest possible exit. "Care to come with me?"

"You know I'd go anywhere with you." Charles said simply.

Hearing his friend's answer, he smiled and spotted a door on his right. That was his way to freedom. He didn't care whether the ball was his or it was in his honor. He just wanted to get out of there and spend the rest of his night outside with his friend. And that was exactly what he was gonna do.

Luis moved his eyes to the stage where his family was seated. Making sure that they had their eyes elsewhere, he held his friend's hand and led him out of the ball room. In no time they were outside and he felt like he was able to breathe again.

"Finally," Luis said, taking a deep breath of the night air. "I can finally breathe freely."

Charles chuckled softly. "You do realize that you are going to be in trouble for this, right?"

"I don't care." Luis said as he began heading to the courtyard. "That place was killing me. There were so many men, handsome men, men with..." He breathed through his teeth and chuckled. "It was killing me to know that I couldn't have any of them."

"Tell me about it." Charles chuckled, following his friend behind.

They walked to the bright courtyard and sat on the chairs, watching the fountain with the statue. It was really beautiful and it got Luis' attention, making him happy. If he couldn't have the men, the thing he wanted to do was stare at the fountain of water.

"So...when do you plan on telling them?"

"Uh," Luis wasn't paying attention. "What?" He moved his gaze to his friend and smiled.

"When are you planning on telling them you are...gay?"

Luis took a deep sigh that made him feel fresh. "I have no idea. I know I need to do it sooner but I don't know how to break it to them. They would have known by the time I became gay but..." He breathed out audibly. "...the issue might be a little too complicated. I am the crown prince and they expect me to have children. They expect me to give them grandkids." He sighed, moving his gaze to the statue of a man who was acting as if he was about to throw something. "You know the way I am. I would just break it to them as if it is not an issue but...I can't do that."

"Yeah," Charles said, wondering why his friend was in such a situation. "I can understand the situation. But it is either you tell them or you give them grandkids."

"No, yuck," Luis screamed, slightly pushing his friend. "That is never going to happen. Right now I just wish I had a brother. Then I would have been living my life freely. What about you?"

"I told my parents three years ago." He said softly. "They took it well but you, my friend," He chuckled, wrapping his arms around his friend. "You are in deep shit, you know that?"

"Nah," Luis shrugged, giving a soft chuckle. "I will tell them soon. I just hope they will take it well." He moved on the chair and faced his friend. Then he held his hands and cupped them in his. "Let's talk about something else." He suggested.

"What?" Charles laughed. "What do you want us to talk about?"

"Anything," Luis said simply. "Anything to pass the night,"

The two friends sat in the courtyard and talked about their lives and how they wanted them to be. While Charles wanted to look for a certain man, someone he will love, Luis wanted to enjoy them. Love was for the weak and people who had nothing to do on earth. He didn't believe in love and he was gonna stay like that.

They told each other adventurous stories and just stared at the statues and fountains in the courtyard, commenting on their elegancy and taste. It suddenly turned into a great night, more than he had planned it to be. They talked about more issues. By the time they stopped chatting, they realized that it was late and that people were already leaving. Luis escorted his friend to his car and then he left. He stayed in the courtyard, put on some music and listened to it while he waited for everyone else to leave.

Once he was sure that people had left, he went back inside the house to find another surprise. His father was moving round the living room and Luis could tell that he was impatient about something. The only time he saw his father like that was if he was mad or an important issue had come.

Seeing the way the king was, Luis couldn't read his expression. He had no idea what he was feeling. His sister, his mother and his granny on the other hand were seated on the couches with their faces buried in their palms. He suddenly was feeling uneasy when he realized that they were probably like that because he had left the ball.

"Father," Luis called, removing the crown from his head.

As soon as they all heard his voice, they all stood up and the king looked at him as if he had committed an abomination, nodding his head. Now it was confirmed to Luis. His father wasn't in a good mood.

"Why aren't you guys sleeping?"

"Should we?" The king's voice was clearly of anger. "Where did you go?"

"Nowhere." Luis said, trying to understand why his father had asked such a question. "I was in the courtyard with..."

"The courtyard," The king gave a bitter laugh, pointing at Luis. "A ball was held in your honor and all you had to do was go to the courtyard."

"I am truly sorry, father." Luis apologized, moving closer to the living room. "I just felt a little sick that's all. Besides, I don't think anybody missed me there."

"You think so?" The king was getting impatient. "The ladies, single and beautiful ladies were there but you just left them all alone."

Hearing his father's words, Luis gave a soft chuckle. It was fun when it was coming directly from the king. "Father," He cleared his throat. "The ladies came to the ball. They definitely didn't come to meet me. I am sure they had fun without me."

"Balls are great." The king said with a deep sigh. "I expected you to meet someone today, someone you were gonna marry. I expected you to choose a bride."

The smile on Luis' face faded, replaced by a frown. Then just like a flash, he burst into laughter, touching his chest in astonishment. "You know..." He laughed so hard, his chest hurt. "...the way you are talking right now, someone can take you seriously and..." He trailed off when he saw that look on his father's face. "You are not serious are you?"

The king nodded. "Of course, I am serious." From that wonderful glow, a grin on his face and his eyes, Luis could tell that his father was absolutely serious. He knew that issue was gonna come sooner or later but he didn't expect it tom come at that particular time.

"But..."

"Listen," the king said softly, getting near Luis. "Your mother and I met at a ball just like that one."

"Yeah, I know."

"You are not getting my point." The king said softly. "What I mean is that you need to get married. You need to start producing little kids. You need a woman to take care of you."

Luis tried to gulp but he ended up coughing. The issue of marriage, an issue he had been trying to avoid had just come to him. He had no idea what to do but he knew that he was gonna tell the truth if he had to, just to make sure that the issue wasn't repeated again.

"Father, I don't need a woman." He said, holding the crown firmly. "I am fine by myself."

"You don't understand." The king said, wrapping his arm around his son. "You need to get married. You need to find a woman. Very soon you will be the king and you will need a woman by your side."

Luis opened his mouth to try and put senses into his father but he stopped mid way when he heard a voice, a voice that he feared would speak. It was his grandmother and he knew that the issue had just taken another turn.

"Your father is right." Granny said. "You are of the right age to marry. You need to settle down and have a great woman by your side. Only then will you be complete."

"But grandma," Luis mumbled. "I don't think I want to marry. I am not even interested in women right now. You don't understand anything that I am trying to tell you. You should try to see things from my point of view."

"What is that point of view?" The king asked.

"I know that this is not the right time."

"When is the right time?" Granny asked.

"I don't know."

"You need to..."

"Please," Luis was not interested in the topic. He didn't want to get married and that was final. He wanted to explore life and live it to the fullest. Besides, he had no business with women. He didn't even want to do anything with any woman.

"What's wrong?" The king asked, patting on his back. "There is nothing wrong with getting married, is there?"

"No!"

"Then it's settled." The king said, squeezing his shoulder. "I will have some ladies over and you can choose..."

"Father..." Luis exclaimed, pulling away from his father. "I am not interested in any ladies. I don't think..."

"You father is right." The queen finally spoke. She knew that her son had to get married. She needed grandkids and she needed a daughter in law. "Even if you don't get married immediately, I think you should choose a lady, court her and fall in love with her. Then you can get married any time you want. As long as you have a woman, we are fine with it."

Luis couldn't believe his mother had just said that to him. "You too, mother?" He asked, surprised that his mother had just said that to him. "You know that I am not ready for marriage. I don't wanna get married and I hope you understand." The topic was getting on Luis' nerves. He could feel himself heating up, being filled with anger.

"No one is talking about..."

"It's the same." Luis said, praying for them to stop the topic. "I don't think I can talk about this right now. I am really tired and I need to sleep."

After saying that to his parents, Luis turned and began walking slowly towards the elevator. He was feeling tired and sleepy. The last thing he wanted on this earth was the issue of marriage. He just wanted to sleep and continue with his life.

"Son," The king shouted, almost using a command. "Come back here. You might be refusing but you will select a lady and you will get to know her better. Then you will get married and you will rule together."

"Please..."

"What's wrong with that?" The king's voice was rising. "Why don't you want to get married?"

Those words hit Luis like a thousand arrows. Feeling some form of power take control of him, he turned around and stared at his father. "You wanna know the truth?" He asked, nodding his head. "Do you really wanna know the reason why I don't wanna get married to any woman?"

"Yes!" The king nodded, taking a few steps forward.

"Alright," Luis gave a soft chuckle. "Just try to understand."

"We will," The king promised, wondering what his son was going to tell him. "Now, why..."

"I am gay."

The word 'gay' echoed throughout the whole living room, leaving anyone who heard the prince looking lost and confused. They were all wondering whether what they had heard was real or it was just their own imagination. Their eyes were wide...their mouths gaped...their breaths were slow and it was quiet. No one uttered a word. It was like they were in a quiet space. A pin drop could have clearly been heard by everyone.

Luis took a look at his family, seeing just how his news had left them all. They seemed out of breath and their eyes were wide. They couldn't move. It was like they were frozen when they stood. They couldn't even blink or utter a word. They all had their gaze on him, making him quiver and shiver. Their gaze sent shivers down Luis' spine and he could swear that they probably hated him in their hearts.

"Did I just say that?" Luis thought, feeling a strong wind of freedom blow on his face. He felt like a weight had just been lifted from him, living him feeling fresh and happy. He felt like he had escaped the burden that had been on him. Telling his family that he was gay probably the greatest thing that he had ever told anyone. Now, he was waiting for reaction and got nothing.

Seeing the look on their faces, especially the look on his father's face, Luis somehow felt like he needed to leave them for a bit until they adjusted to the situation. I mean, it was not every day when you told your parents that you were gay.

Okay, the situation was getting awkward, Luis thought. His father was literally frozen and he had no idea what was going come out of his mouth. He took one final look at the faces of his family members and left, chuckling to himself. He used the elevator and went straight to his room.

In the living room, the king's mind was frozen. He kept hearing the word 'gay' in his mind. It was playing continuously there and he had no idea what to make of it. Then he felt some sort of anger travelling through his system, literally burning him up. He felt adrenaline rushing though his body, making him feel something that he hadn't felt before. He felt like someone had just pierced his heart and killed it.

When he started to come to reality, he began breathing harshly, clenching on his fists. His eyes felt like they had ignited a flame and it were burning him inside.

"What?" The king's voice filled the whole living room, bringing everyone else back to reality. But it was too late. The prince had already left the living room, making the king wonder how he had left. It was like the last second he was there and the next he was gone.

"Lu..."

"Please, calm down." The queen said, trying to get to the king. She was just glad the guards were outside making sure that everything was in proper place.

"Did you hear him?" The king gasped, touching his chest. He felt like he was running out of breath.

"I am sure that he was only joking." The queen tried to make her king calm. "Please..."

"He just said he's gay as if it is normal thing." The king sure was angry. "Just what does he think, that he can just...oh...I am going..."

"Please, my lord." The queen said softly, holding her husband's arm.

"Calm down?" The king's voice was scaring everyone. "What do you expect a father to do when his son just tells him that he's gay?" The king's voice was trembling and so was his body. "He can't do that to me...to us...his people...the throne. He can't be gay...oh no, it's not possible."

"Please," Ruby said softly, holding her husband's arm. "I will talk to..."

"I need to see the priest." The king demanded, looking from side to side. "I need to see the priest. He...he..."

"You can't see the priest." Granny said. She was just as confused as everyone else. How could her grandson tell them that he was gay? It would have been a good issue had gays been able to produce children but it was impossible. "It's too late now. You need to see him tomorrow. I am sure he is sleeping by this time. I will talk to my grandson. I am sure that he was only joking."

vanalas
vanalas
225 Followers