Unconquered Pt. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But she didn't want to be tough. She wanted to be strong. Or beautiful. Or magical.

She avoided her parents home -- not wanting to admit she had failed another apprenticeship. Instead, she went into the woods -- finding the quiet place where she had set up a chunk of rock on a stump. She had spent weeks, months, punching at the rock, trying to get strong enough to snap it in half. So far, all she had done was mildly discolor it. She hadn't even bruised her knuckles.

Aliysa frowned. She looked at her palm, then held it out in a flat blade.

She lifted her hand. "Unnn-conquered!"

She brought the blade of her hand down.

The rock didn't budge.

"Unnnnconquered!" She shouted, bringing her palm down. It rebound off the rock and she hissed -- not in pain. Just frustration. She gritted her teeth and glared at the rock. "Ember the Final Unconquered was able to learn how to read in a day. That's how the stories say it went. So, if he can learn that, I can learn how to be strong." She bellowed. "I am the Unconquered!"

She punched the rock -- and her body blazed with golden light.

The rock shattered.

Aliysa stood there, her eyes wide, her mouth open, as she looked down at the pebbles that was left after her blow. Her fingers opened. She lifted her hand, looking at it. The golden flame continued to flicker along her hand.

"I did it," she whispered.

Aliysa grinned.

What all the sages said was impossible wasn't. They said that the singular spark of the Unconquered was just that -- a small mote that could never grow. Never change. That everyone had their empowerment, but no further. The Land was a Land of Twenty Billion Heroes, but those Heroes would remain as they were.

They were wrong.

Aliysa beamed.

And the new Cycle had begun.

THE END