Under Construction

Story Info
Kara gets catcalled and makes unlikely friends.
5.1k words
4.3
52.8k
59

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/21/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BumbleCat
BumbleCat
142 Followers

Special thanks to kkmounsey for editing this story, my first submittal. All errors are my own.

*

Kara Jenkins enjoyed her job working as an engineer in a large automotive product development center. She'd been with her company since she'd graduated with her Masters in Electrical Engineering more than five years ago. She loved her job, the people she worked with, and especially being considered the expert on something. She had a small core group of close friends and a large group of friendly acquaintances. She was quite content.

If she had any complaints it was about the lack of romance in her life. She sometimes found herself looking around the room while in a meeting and counting the wedding bands. Her male colleagues, whether older, her age, or recent college graduates all seemed to be married. Happily married, from what she could tell. Her female colleagues, one and all, seemed to be married to someone else at the company. After having been burned herself by an office romance not too long ago, she had no interest in attempting that route again.

Monday morning, she was sitting in a large conference room going over functional requirements with a small team. As was typical, she found herself the only woman in the room, but other than making a mental note of it, it didn't faze her. She'd known all the guys for years and they all had friendly, joking relationships with her. Until they needed to be serious and then they were more than capable of being serious. This morning's meeting was just a group review of the requirements they were documenting and the relaxed atmosphere in the room reflected that.

She found herself on the side of the table facing the long row of windows but didn't pay much attention to what was happening outside until her boss, Tim, commented on the construction going on around the building.

"Has anyone heard when they are going to be done with the parking lots?" he asked. "I'm getting tired of having to walk from the parking garage."

"Eh, it's not so bad... now," Kara responded with a grin. "It was terrible when they first started it back in February. I could have done without the long walks in the snow!"

"Well, we all know you get in so early that you can park in one of the closer parking lots, so of course it doesn't bother you," her software support manager, Mike teased her.

"Yes, well, nothing is stopping you from getting up early and being here to get a plum parking spot too," Kara grinned.

"Nothing but my nice warm bed."

"And your nice warm wife," Derrick grinned.

"Her, too," Mike laughed in agreement.

"Anyway...," Kara slid back into the conversation, "now that it's warmer and the sun is up when I get in, it's quite a pleasant walk."

"That's good, because from what I hear they will be working on the water main replacement under the street before they finish our parking lot," Derrick said. "It's going to be late summer before we get our lots back."

"Just so long as it's done before Thanksgiving...," Kara sighed.

"We hear you."

The conversation moved back to discussion of requirements. Kara made some suggestions, but she found herself distracted by the construction workers she could see in the parking lot. Since it was still early spring it was chilly in the morning. The guys all had on long-sleeved day-glo yellow t-shirts, orange reflective safety vests, jeans, Timberland boots, and hardhats. They all had strong, hard bodies, their skin tan and weathered a bit. Most also wore mirrored sunglasses for some reason. Then her team pulled her back into the conversation and she forgot all about mirrored sunglasses.

The following week it was finally warm enough to dig out her summer clothes, or so Kara decided against some evidence to the contrary. She was tired of her tailored slacks, sweaters, and sensible ballet flats. She wanted to welcome spring by showing a tad bit more skin. Nothing business-inappropriate of course, but knee length dresses or skirts and strappy sandals with wedge heels would soon be seeing the light of day again like the flowers that were now blooming all over town.

Tuesday morning, she picked out a green and blue tie-dyed sundress to wear. She wore a white cardigan shrug over it to cover her shoulders and to obscure her expansive cleavage. She wore white high-heeled sandals on her feet and her legs were bare. Her Titian hair hung loose around her shoulders. When she parked her car at work she looked in her rear-view mirror and applied some sheer lip gloss, pulled her lanyard over her head and got out of her car. She opened the hatch of her vehicle and got her laptop bag and purse and then started the long walk toward her building. She had long since gotten used to the fact that the construction workers were arriving at the site about the same time she was so she barely noticed them. She did notice how two of them eyed her up and down as she walked toward them on the sidewalk. She blushed at their frank appraisal but they didn't say anything and she nodded politely as they passed.

She didn't take any time to think about the encounter during her morning as she worked in the requirements capturing system.

When she went to get her second cup of coffee, she ran into Mike, her software guy. "I do love the signs of spring," he said, eyeing her up and down and wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. She blushed and laughed. At 11am Kara decided to head out for a quick lunch and to reset her brain by getting away from the office. She grabbed her purse and keys and headed towards her car. She noticed a half dozen construction workers pause to watch her walk by.

"Hey, baby! Nice tits!" she heard someone yell. She scanned the six tanned faces that were facing her, her own pale face flaming red with embarrassment. She couldn't tell who had shouted and hurriedly got in her car, started it up, and put it into gear.

She was back with a sandwich and iced tea from a local shop in less than 20 minutes. When she got out of her car, she saw that the workers were now taking their lunches, sitting on the grass in the shade of the buildings. As she walked briskly back towards her building, she saw one of them rise from the ground and walk towards her. She wasn't sure whether she should walk faster to avoid him or wait for him to reach her. She made the snap decision that she had nothing to be afraid of, there in broad daylight on her company's campus and slowed down to wait for him.

"Miss?" he said, "I'm sorry miss. Jimmy has been notified that his behavior earlier was inappropriate. I just wanted to let you know. And apologize."

"Oh! Well, I appreciate you telling me. He was wildly inappropriate."

"Yes, miss," the man agreed, his pale blue eyes intense on hers. She had a moment to wonder why he wasn't wearing the ubiquitous mirrored sunglasses but dismissed the thought as being irrelevant at the moment.

"I'm Kyle," he said, holding his hand out to her to shake. "I'm the foreman on this job. If there are any other... incidents... please let me know. I will take care of... discipline."

"Of course. Thank you," she said, shaking his hand. "I'm Kara. Nice to meet you." The feel of his large callused hand engulfing hers caused a flutter in her stomach and a small gasp to escape her lips. He looked at her sharply, a small smile curving the corners of his mouth. She didn't notice in her embarrassment. She pulled her hand away and rushed away.

The following few days went without incident as far as Kara was concerned. She got into work early, noticed but did not engage with any of the men working around her building, worked through the morning, went out to grab lunch and rush back before spending the afternoon grinding away. She'd then leave in the late afternoon, stop for dinner on the way home, eat, read, and then go to bed only to wake the next morning and do it all over again.

She wouldn't admit it to herself, but she did spend an inordinate amount of time daydreaming about Kyle. She wondered how tall he was. She decided close to 6'3" maybe even 6'4". She was 5'10" in her stocking feet and when he'd approached her she had on 3" heels and he was still a couple inches taller. She wondered what his hair looked like. Under the hardhat, all she could see was that it was close-cropped in the back. She supposed that having longer hair would be uncomfortable in the heat. In her bed at night she spent far too much time thinking about how his t-shirt stretched across his chest and around his muscular arms and how his Levis hugged his ass. She found herself thinking about him and what his large hands could do to her as she used her vibrator to bring herself some relief.

One day on her way back to the office with her lunch she heard someone shouting but didn't think much of it until she heard her name.

"Hey! Kara! Want to eat with us?"

Kara turned slowly and saw Kyle motioning to her from where he sat with a small group in the shade of a tree eating their lunches. She tilted her head to one side, considering the offer, shrugged and walked over to them.

"You can sit here," Kyle said as he moved a small cooler over and patted it. "I'd hate for you to get that lovely dress dirty."

Kara flushed but nodded her thanks.

"Kara, these are the sub-foreman on this site. Ed, Rob, and Dwight," he pointed to each man in turn. Each of them nodded and smiled at her.

"Gentlemen," she greeted them with a genuine toothy smile. She started eating her sandwich, but it didn't take them long to start peppering her with questions.

"So, Kara... we have all been wondering... why do you rush out for lunch only to come back so fast? You do this every goddamn day," Kyle asked her, grinning.

"Um. Well. I like to get some sunshine and some fresh air. It clears my head. I can get more work done this way."

"Well, sure. But why not relax a bit? Don't you have an hour for lunch?"

"Uh. Yes. But I have so much to do. I don't like taking that much time."

"Are you kidding me?" Kyle was incredulous. "I can tell you that the men you work with all take an hour. Sometimes more."

"And they all leave before 5pm," Rob pointed out. "I never see you leave. Your car is still here when we go home for the day."

"I doubt they are paying you enough for all the work you put in," Kyle mused.

"Eh. Probably not. I just got into this habit of staying late about six months ago now," Kara agreed. "I used to do eight... nine hour days. I'd get in early and leave mid-afternoon. But I... well, let's just say some things changed and I didn't have a reason to go home early. So I don't."

"Are you a dyke? Lipstick Lesbian or somethin'," Ed asked.

"Jesus, Ed!" Kyle shouted, throwing a brown lunch bag at him.

"Ignore him, Kara."

"What? No. I am not a lesbian. Ha. No. Not at all.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course."

"But you work with all those guys," Ed persisted. "I'd've thought you'd bag an engineer for yourself a long time ago. A beautiful girl like you."

"Uh. Thanks? I guess. I have dated some co-workers, but it hasn't worked out. Which makes work awkward. I've sworn them all off at this point. I still have to work with my last boyfriend, and I hate it. He's a cheating cheater who cheats and I have to smile and be nice."

"He cheated on you?" Kyle asked, his disbelief clear.

"Um. Yes. No. He actually cheated on his fiancé with me. I had no idea until she called and screamed at me about stealing him while she was pregnant. I mean, I should have known, right? I knew he was an asshole before we started dating. He told me they broke up. Like an idiot I believed him."

"Damn! That's rough," Dwight said, his deep voice rumbling.

"So how many women do you work with," Dwight asked, trying to change the subject. "When we first started the job, we weren't sure if there were any women in the building. Y'all so wrapped up against the cold..."

"Oh, there are probably... a dozen or so in the building," Kara told them. "None of them come in early, though. They all have families."

"Wow. I've been telling my daughter that she should go into engineering, but now I'm not so sure." Dwight told her.

"It does take having a bit of a thick skin. I can't let crude jokes bother me. Or the innuendo. And it helps that I like guys. Even the assholes have some charm."

The men laughed aloud at that.

"If your daughter is good at math and science... and more importantly if she is an analytical thinker, I'd recommend she go for it. I love my job. I really do. Some people might think it's boring, but I find it very gratifying to help create something that people use. I'm sure you guys can understand that," she laughed charmingly. "It's really neat to see a product I worked on being used in the real world. All the trucks you use on-site here have parts on them that I helped design."

They all heard the sound of a nearby whistle.

"Five more minutes, Gentlemen," Kyle said to his team. "Then it's back to work."

"Well, it was nice talking to you all," Kara said, crumpling up her sandwich wrapper into a ball and started rising to her feet. "I do need to get back to work too."

Kyle leapt up and took her elbow, steadying her as she stood. Kara murmured a thanks to him and walked away.

"Mmmm," Kyle hummed when he was sure she was out of earshot. "I hate seeing her go, but I love to watch her leave."

"She does have a beautiful ass," Ed agreed.

"I'll bet she's a moaner," Rob speculated. "Those prim and proper ones are always wild in the sack.

"Jimmy was right, she has great tits. I'd definitely fuck her."

"Not if I get her first," Kyle told him. "Maybe I'll tell you when I find out if she's a moaner."

"God damn," Ed responded good naturedly. "How'm I supposed to work sporting a boner?"

"You'll just have to figure that out like the rest of us."

After that lunch, Kara made it a habit to eat with Kyle and his crew a couple of times per week. She enjoyed the stress-free chatting. They enjoyed making her giggle and blush with raunchy jokes and sexual innuendo.

"You know, Kara," Rob told her during lunch one day, "most ladies I know would be offended by us. Why aren't you?"

"If I let joking around like this offend me, I'd spend all my time being offended. I have better things to do. The only way you really could upset me is if you treated me like I couldn't take it. I hate that. I hate it when guys act different with each other just because I'm there to witness it. I assure you I'm not such a delicate flower."

"But you're not just one of the guys, either," Ed said.

"No. I don't want you to forget I'm a woman. I want it to not matter to how you see my capabilities"

"Trust me, with those tits and that ass.... No one is going to forget that you're a woman," Kyle said, looking her up and down and leering before barking out a laugh.

"No. No they are not," Kara smirked.

It was a Wednesday morning in late June when Kyle stood in the doorway at the top of the steps of the site trailer watching storm clouds roll in. He spotted Kara walking from her office towards the parking lot. He watched her walk briskly towards him, her lavender silk blouse stretched enticingly across her ample breasts, her white linen pencil skirt hugging her hips, her small purse swinging in her left hand. As he watched she sped up and was moving at a trot as the rain started. She was nearly to his trailer when lightening spiked overhead and thunder rolled before the sky opened up and there was a tremendous downpour. Her blouse went transparent right before his eyes, much to his delight.

"Kara," he shouted. "Take cover in here!"

She turned and ran towards him, giving him a great view of her breasts bouncing. He licked his lips and felt his cock twitch as she approached and ran up the stairs. He stepped back, allowing her to run through the door into his dry but over Air-conditioned office. He pushed the door closed behind her, surreptitiously locking it.

"Hey, thanks, Kyle," she said, looking around the room. "I left my umbrella in my car this morning. That was not the smartest thing I've ever done." She turned and looked around. The room they were in took up the entire end of the trailer and was obviously his office. She could see a large desk covered in blueprints and a smaller corner desk holding a computer and several peripheral monitors. She looked at Kyle and noticed for the first time that he was unabashedly staring at her chest, causing her to look down at herself. She gasped in embarrassment as she noticed that her blouse and bra were both completely transparent from the rain. She could even see that her dark areolas were clearly visible.

"Oh my god!" She yelled while trying to cover herself with her arms. She turned towards the door, intent on running. Kyle grabbed her right wrist, stopping her in her tracks and pulling her towards him.

"Hey, baby," he said, his voice husky with arousal, "you're not going anywhere in this storm." As if to underline the point, they both felt the trailer shake as another lightning strike hit close. The electricity went out punctuated by another loud roll of thunder. The sound of the rain against the metal roof got even louder. The dim emergency lights flickered on and were the only illumination.

"Kyle! Let go of me!"

"I don't think so," he responded, pulling her closer to him. She tried to slap him with her left hand, but he saw the blow coming and grabbed her hand while using his body to push her against the wall next to the door.

"Kyle! Don't!" Kara was frantic now that she could feel his erection against her belly. Her eyes were wide with fear.

"Kara. Baby," Kyle said, his mouth close to her ear. "I'm not going to hurt you." He maneuvered her hands so that he could hold both of her wrists in one hand, pressing her hands over her head. With his free hand he swiftly unbuttoned her shirt. He wasted no time pressing his mouth to the smooth thin satin of her bra over her nipple while his free hand slid inside her other bra cup, his rough fingers sliding over her nipple. She gasped at the unexpected sensation and felt a rush of moisture between her legs. He laughed against her skin at the way her nipples pebbled under his mouth and fingers.

"I knew you'd be into it," he groaned.

"I am NOT into it. I'm cold," she said angrily. "I'm soaking wet." She could feel him laugh against her breast as he drew his mouth away to look her in the face. Her eyes widened at her unintentional double entendre.

"Are you now?" he teased, his eyes fixed on hers, the corners of his mouth quirked up. Kara cried out in surprise as his hand shot down to pull her skirt up to her hips and then tug the crotch of her panties aside. His fingers slid into her slit and he softly petted her. Her eyes flew open in shock and he laughed knowingly as he met her eyes. "You are indeed 'soaking wet'," he confirmed, his fingers finding her clitoris, feeling it grow as he stroked her.

"Kyle. Please...," she said plaintively. "Stop," she whimpered.

"I don't think you want me to stop, darlin'," he drawled, running his tongue up her neck to her ear while he fingered her. She became aware that she was undulating her hips against his hand and turned her face away from him, mortified, her face pink.

"You're close, aren't you?" he asked her, his hot breath against her ear making her shiver. "When's the last time a man touched you?"

Kara continued to rock her hips but didn't respond. She tried unsuccessfully to suppress a whine when he pulled his fingers away. He waited for her to turn her face back to him and open her eyes before sticking his fingers in his mouth.

"You are delicious, Kara. I knew you would be. I want to spend hours eating your pussy, but I don't think you'd let me do that right now. Maybe next time?"

Kara shook her head 'no'.

Kyle moved his hand up and unclasped her bra and pulled it away from her body with his teeth, revealing her soft white breasts to him. "Your tits are magnificent. I've wanted to lick and suck them since the first time I saw you in one of your pretty little dresses. Your whole body is made for fucking." He again moved to suck one of her nipples into his mouth, sucking as much of her breast in between his teeth as would fit.

BumbleCat
BumbleCat
142 Followers
12