Unexpected Guest Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ada Stuart
Ada Stuart
3,225 Followers

***

"How on earth did you manage to twist an ankle while painting? I thought redecorating was supposed to be harmless?" Cade teased as he supported Ann into her apartment.

"Very funny. I just made a misstep while standing at the top of the ladder, that's all."

"Ha, you need a man to help you, that's my suggestion."

"No thanks, Cade."

"Why not? I can always paint a wall or two without breaking anything, and even emerge live and well afterwards."

"No way. You're not going anywhere near my walls with your sloppiness and bad colour taste."

"Huh. Well, Erin is not complaining, is she?"

"She's never allowed you to paint either."

"You're being as stubborn as ever. Maybe you should consider that ankle of yours and allow me to hire someone professional to do the job?" Cade offered as he helped Ann into her favourite chair.

"Someone who can actually paint?"

"Yes, of course," Cade answered in a more annoyed tone. "Since you don't trust me I guess I'll have to send someone else so you can just sit quietly and get well again."

"I'm not sure I like the idea of your paying anyone. I prefer to do the job myself."

"And kill yourself in the process? Look, sis, I only got one sister and I prefer to keep you. Besides, you need to get this apartment fixed and start living for a change. We hardly see you at all these days."

Ann just sighed. To tell the truth, she was really fed up with the redecoration and Cade's offer sounded more and more tempting the more she thought about it.

"Look, if you won't let me hire somebody, I'll do it myself," Cade threatened as he started to take off his jacket.

That settled it, Ann thought. No way if she was letting Cade ruin all the good work she had already done. He was like an elephant in a teashop when it came to the fine details of her walls.

"All right. I give up," Ann stated. "You can hire a painter but I will pay him myself." Cade started to protest but Ann just raised her arm. "It's my house and I insist. But, if he paints my door in mint green I'm firing him straight away."

"It's a deal," Cade stated before mumbling almost to himself. "Stubborn minx."

Ann just smiled at him as she settled herself more comfortably in her chair.

Ada Stuart
Ada Stuart
3,225 Followers
12