Unicorn Fire

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Despite the relationship I formed with Jacqueline, I was still an ordinary soldier. I would train, eat, and fight with all my friends in the archer squadron. The only difference is where I would sleep. I would be in Jacqueline's tent every night.

Things were still going strong between us. Our relationship wasn't purely physical anymore. We confided in each other, helped one another with our struggles. I even got to meet Jacqueline's little sister, who I learned was named Marie. Jacqueline always kept her family life very private. Most of us knew she had a sister, but only Gerard had actually met her before then. I was honored to earn the privilege, she was a sweet girl.

On the subject of meeting people, the Peregrine Battalion had gotten three new recruits since our last mission. I had already met the faun who joined the archers and the minotaur who joined the berserkers. But I was particularly interested when I heard about our new swordfighter.

Jacqueline told me that another unicorn had contacted our battalion when they heard about what happened with me. She was named Dahlia and lived on a farm with her centaur husband and their newborn son. She wanted to provide for them, but had been scared of going out in public until now. However, when she heard about what the battalion leaders had done to protect a unicorn in their ranks, she knew she could come out of hiding and join us.

At last, I saw her approach, talking with Quintus. Her future squadron leader had gone to her farm to escort the new recruit to us himself.

This unicorn was taller than I was, with skin the pale orange of the sky when the sun sets and long hair the color of fresh grass. Her horn was more golden than mine, and her unicorn fire burned a bright yellow.

She noticed me and stopped for a moment. I took the opportunity to walk up and hold out my arms, offering a hug. She complied.

"I haven't seen another one of my kind in so long..." she whispered.

"I've never met any besides my parents."

I pulled away, smiling.

"Nice to meet you, Dahlia. Welcome to Peregrine."