University Life - First Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lorna raised an eyebrow at that, then understanding dawned and she narrowed her eyes to murderous slits, 'Did you spill a drink on Nens' dress?'

Araminta shrugged again, 'Didn't you know? I thought that's why you marched here all righteously indignant. Please, it was a mistake. Really, what was it, Topshop, Monsoon, or maybe Karen Millen? I'll get two dresses okay, run along now.' She turned back to Heather and Lorna saw red.

She grabbed Araminta's arm and spun her back to face her. Araminta opened her mouth to protest and saw the murderous look on Lorna's face which quickly shut her up. Heather and the other girls just stared in horrific fascination.

'That was not Topshop or whatever. It was fucking vintage. And costs more than you'll ever be able to afford you snotty bitch. And that's not even the problem, it's the fact that you always pick on Nens 'cuz you know she'll let you get away with it. Now let's get this straight, I've let Nens handle this herself because I didn't want to make it worse but you better be aware that this is my business now. Whatever you do to Nens, you do to me and trust me you do not want to get on my bad side. So the next time you think about what crooked thing you could do to annoy my friend, think well 'cuz I will slap your face from here to beyond.' Lorna spat at her through gritted teeth.

Araminta just looked with widened, scared eyes. Lorna made to leave then remembered something and added spitefully, 'And if you honestly think all this rubbish will get Rufus to fancy you, then you are so mistaken. I don't think any mature, university student wants to have anything to do with a silly 'mean girl' who doesn't want to grow up.' And with that she walked off leaving the gaping girl and her sidekicks.

The three friends watched as Lorna marched back to them still angry, 'Come on, I don't know about you but I'm leaving. I need to go make sure Nens is alright.'

Matt nodded immediately as well as the others. There was no point staying and having fun when one of them was down. They gathered their stuff and walked towards the front door to leave.

Rufus, who had been wandering if he had been abandoned on the dance floor by Kainene yet again spotted Lorna leaving with her friends and started walking towards them to find out what was going on.

Araminta suddenly stood in front of him with a wide smile on her face, 'Rufus darling, I've been looking everywhere for you. Wanna dance?' She made to take his hand but he moved backwards and looked over her head as Lorna walked closer and closer to the front door.

'Hey, Minty. Look I'm kinna in a hurry now so I don't really have time. I'll talk to you later.' He started walking around her but Araminta stood in front of him again.

'Are you okay? What's the matter? Tell me, I might be able to help.' She stated batting her eyelashes.

Rufus looked at her exasperatedly, 'Not now, Minty. Please. I said I'll talk to you later, now get out of the way.' He looked up again and saw that Lorna was nowhere to be found. He let out an audible 'Oh Fuck, not again,' and rushed towards the front door. As he got there, he saw a cab driving off, with them in it presumably. Clearly they were off home or somewhere, but he was left with no information on Kainene's whereabouts and he did not have either of their numbers, Lorna or Kainene. He went over what they had been talking about before Kainene left for the loo but he could not think of anything he said or did wrongly. And she had said she was coming back, and he believed her. There was no way she suddenly decided to ignore him again, but she had done so. Something must have happened to her and now there was no way he was going to find out as he did not know what flat she was in or her phone number and the only person or people that could have told him had gone off as well. He walked back into the hall running a hand through his hair in frustration and did not see the quickly hidden triumphant smile that had been on Araminta's face as she walked towards him.

She opened her mouth to say something to him but he shook his head, 'Not now, Minty. I'm really not in a good mood.' With that he walked off.

Araminta stared as he walked away, her eyes glinting furiously. Heather asked her quietly, 'What are you going to do now? He's clearly nuts about Nens.'

'Oh shut it, Heather. If you've got nothing useful to say then shut up.' She angrily said and walked off leaving Heather staring after her with a hurt look.

She was going to get Rufus, no matter what that ghetto Kainene and her scary friend did.

12