Unknown Presence - The Vessel

Story Info
She was the perfect girl but had one problem, nightmares.
8.7k words
3.7
35k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Leeann Hamilton had always been a normal twenty something girl with the IQ of a genius and looks that could stop people dead in their tracks. She was a dead heat in a Zeppelin race. Her gorgeous ivory skin glowed in the sunlight with a delicate scattering of freckles; untamable flaming red curls that flowed down her back like a babbling brook and a body with the perfect ratio between chest-waist-hips, the type of curves that both men and woman would kill for.

She was the perfect girl.

Leeann had this one problem; nightmares, nightmares that were so real to her that everything she felt in her dreams she felt in her body. They did not bother her until the bruising and the marks started to appear on her skin, that was when she began to feel frightened and that is where we begin this story...

As Leeann woke up in the middle of the night yet again; she gasped for air as she clung onto the Egyptian cotton sheet that was draped over her curvaceous body as she slept. Sitting bolt upright in the grand mahogany four-post king-size bed looking around; searching for the figure that haunted her in the land of nod, the faint scent of roses and lilies filled the room as she shuffled to the edge of the bed in search of the Tiffany lamp switch on the mahogany bedside table. As the light filtered into the room; she felt an eerie presence behind her on the bed that made her jump up onto her feet and back up towards the wall. She stared at the bed as she crossed her arms across her chest, feeling her erect nipples straining against her cotton tank top.

She stood looking at the bed for a few minutes before moving from the wall towards the bed; she scanned around the room before clambering back into bed, as she pulled the sheet up over her shoulder she looked around one last time and put it down to just another bad dream.

That night Leeann slept with the light on, yet again.

The next morning Leeann went downstairs in her black pajama shorts and black and white striped tank top to have breakfast, her parents were sat at the dining room table already eating when she heard her mother gasp and drop her cutlery.

''Lee, what happened to your arms, baby?'' she cried out.

Leeann looked down at her arms unaware of what her mother was making a fuss about, her eyes still groggy from sleep widened as she gasped in utter shock when she saw purple bruises around her wrists in the shape of hand prints.

''Mum! I... '' she burst out crying as she fell to her knees at her mother's feet.

''What happened! Who did this! Baby?'' her mother pleaded with her as she held Leeann tightly to her as she sat on the floor.

''I can't explain it, it's happening when I sleep...'' she looked at her mum teary eyed.

''It's okay; you can tell me the truth. If a boy is hurting you; you can be honest with me, I won't be mad.'' she said soothingly as she stroked Leeann's hair and wiped away the tears from her cheeks.

''I AM telling the truth! It happened when I was sleeping Mum!'' she shouted.

''It can't just happen when you're sleeping! Don't lie for some BOY!'' her mother shouted back.

''Forget it!'' Leeann pushed her mother away as she ran to her room, locking the door behind her.

She ran and jumped back into bed pulling the covers over her untamed flaming red mane, she lay sobbing hard into the feather filled pillows trying to hide from the world like she did as a child. Leeann was racking her brain as she tried to figure out where the marks on her body had come from when she heard movement come from inside her room, even though she had locked the bedroom door behind her.

''M...mum?'' she sobbed.

Her head peeked out the covers as she tried to see through the tears; she looked across the room, nothing. As she tried to compose herself; wiping away the tears, she felt a cold hand graze her knee and work its way up her thigh. She scrabbled to the edge of the bed as suddenly the covers were thrown from her body, across the room and she was callously pinned to the bed by an unknown presence.

''Ahh...Let me go!'' she squealed.

The presence lifted her up off the bed into midair; then threw her up against the wall, restraining her by the underarms as she kicked and flapped her arms around as she tried to break free. She felt it kiss her neck down towards her large full ripe breasts; tearing her tank top off as it bit down into the creamy flesh of her left breast, leaving its teeth marks imprinted in the delicate skin directly around her nipple. Its cold hands pawed at her milky flesh as she struggled to fight the invisible assailant.

''Leave me ALONE!!'' she shouted at the top of her lungs.

Suddenly she was released and dropped onto the bed, she found herself in a pile on the bed half naked and bleeding.

Leeann jumped from the bed grabbing her jeans; hoodie, bag and ugg boots as she ran out of her room dressing as she fled the house. She jumped into her jeep and headed for her best friend's house, one town over. She searched in her bag for her cellphone to call Jessie, she realised she was going to sound insane trying to tell her about what had happened to her.

She pulled into a car park to call Jessie.

''Jess?'' Leeann stammered as her voice quivered.

''Lee, what's wrong?'' Jessie knew immediately that there was something wrong.

''Can I stay with you tonight?'' she asked as she started to sob.

''Of course, what's wrong Lee? Where are you?'' she quizzed.

''I'm at your work...'' Leeann sobbed.

''I'm on my way out... Stay there!'' Jessie demanded.

Leeann sat crying uncontrollably with her head on the steering wheel as she waited for Jessie to come out of work. The door opened suddenly and Jessie hopped in, she looked at Leeann and wrapped her arms around her; that was all it took for her to break completely. She broke down sobbing and shaking, she was an emotional wreck and could not even explain what was wrong.

''What's wrong L?'' Jessie asked, as she brushed her wild fiery tresses away from her face.

''You won't believe me...'' Leeann sobbed hard into Jessie's shoulder.

''Try me Babes. Just try me.'' she smiled sympathetically.

Leeann pulled up the sleeves on her hooded top to reveal the hand shaped bruises around her wrists.

''Lee! What happened?'' Jessie asked shocked

''I don't know. I woke up and they were there. And then...'' she paused and looked away from Jessie.

''Then?'' Jessie raised an eyebrow.

''Then after I tried to tell my mum, I was in my room and something touched my thigh, pinned me to the bed then lifted me off the bed and was... ...touching me...then...'' Leeann cried.

''Something? What do you mean something?? Then what!?'' Jessie questioned.

''I knew you wouldn't believe me!'' Leeann yelled.

''It's not that I don't believe you, it's just... What do you mean something?'' Jessie raised her eyebrow again.

''I don't know, I can't see it! I can only feel it touching me!'' Leeann sobbed uncontrollably, she then pulled her hoodie down revealing the tender bite mark on her left breast.

''Oh...My...God! That thing did that to you! Honey, we'll figure it out. I promise.'' she said reassuringly as she pulled her closely and held out her pinky making her a pinky promise.

''Thank you for believing me. No one else does!'' Lee locked pinkies with Jessie.

''Do you want me to drive, Lee?''

''No, I'll drive. It will keep my mind off everything.'' Leeann said wiping her tears away.

They set off towards Jessie's house where they opened a bottle of wine to discuss what the hell had been haunting Leeann.

''Okay...Lee when did this start? Think...'' Jess asked as she sipped her wine.

''Erm...about three weeks ago. I think...'' Leeann responded embarrassed.

''Why haven't you said anything to me about it before? I mean we tell each other everything. Don't we?'' Jess held Leeann's hand.

''I didn't think it was really happening, I thought it was dreams but now it's happening when I'm awake and leaving marks on me!'' she started hyperventilating.

''What has actually happened? From the beginning; tell me everything, even the stuff you think was a dream. You know I will take it to the grave if you don't want me to tell anyone.'' she smiled empathetically.

''The first time it was like someone was standing over me; watching me sleep, it went on like that for a few days. Then it was as if someone was breathing on me as I slept and touching me its hands groping/stroking me then when I would wake up it would stop. Last night it was like someone was in bed with me spooning with me; with their icy cold hands running across my stomach, holding me against them, grinding on me. Then today the bruising appeared; then I was pinned to the bed, lifted off my feet, groped and bitten. It's really scaring me Jess... I need your help! I need something...like an exorcism or something!'' Leeann wailed.

''Oh Lee! Why didn't you come to me before now?'' Jess reached over and hugged her tightly, rocking back and forth as she tried to soothe her and make her feel safe.

''You can stay here as long as you like! If you need me to go to your house and get stuff for you I can do that, so you don't need to go into your room.'' Jess said softly as she stroked her face.

''Please, I don't want to go back into my room. That's the only place it's happened, it hasn't happened anywhere else in the house.'' she sighed.

Jessie helped Leeann up from the sofa and took her to her bedroom where she undressed her, got her into pajamas and put her into bed with sleeping tablets.

''Please take these Lee...it will help you get some rest while I go get some stuff for you. You need to rest...'' Jess handed Leeann a couple of sleeping tablets and a glass of water.

''I'll stay with you until you drift off, honey bee.'' Jess smiled as she stroked her wild curly tresses away from her eyes.

Jessie climbed over Leeann on the bed and lay down beside her; she draped her arm over her waist and held her close against her as she drifted off to sleep. Once Jessie was sure Leeann was asleep she set off for her house to get some things she may need whilst she stayed with her.

As she drove to Leeann's house her mind raced back and forth about what it could be that was attacking Leeann at night as she slept and now during the day. As arrived at her house she could see Leeann's mum pacing back and forth in front of the living room window, as soon as her mum spotted Leeann's car pull up and Jessie getting out she disappeared. She was waiting at the front door before Jessie had even gotten to the gate.

''Is my baby alright, Jessie?'' Leeann's mum Vera probed.

''She's really shaken and upset Vera. Something has her really shit scared and I think she's telling the truth about it being 'something' not someone.'' Jessie said to Vera with a deadpan face.

''I just think she needs time away from 'this' house to get her head straight. I'm just here to get some things for her and I'll be out of your hair.'' she said as she pushed passed Vera.

''What do you mean, away from 'this' house?'' Vera asked with anger in her voice as she grabbed Jessie's wrist.

''You know exactly what I mean! Leeann hasn't been the same since you moved to this house. And I think it is something IN this house that is doing all this stuff to her! Now let go of me!'' Jessie pulled her arm out of Vera's grip.

As she headed up the imposing mahogany staircase towards the arched stain glass windows on the landing, she felt a breeze whoosh passed her making her stop dead in her tracks. She turned to Vera with wide eyes before carrying on up to Leeann's bedroom to pack a duffel bag of stuff she might need. Just as she zipped up the bag, she heard creaking come from behind her, she turned around thinking it was Vera as something threw her onto the unmade bed and held her down. She clawed at the air and sheets to find freedom but her efforts were useless against an invisible perpetrator.

Jessie cried out for help and screamed but no one came, not even Vera who was stood at the top of the staircase just outside the bedroom door listening to everything.

''Let me go!!! Let me go, you bastard! Leave me alone!!!'' Jessie screeched at the top of her lungs, suddenly she found herself released.

She grabbed the duffel bag as ran out of the room knocking Vera onto her ass; she vaulted down the stairs taking no prisoners as she went. It seemed like the longest drive back to her place ever to get back to Leeann and tell her she most defiantly believed her 150%.

Jess arrived home parking the car atrociously before running into her house crying out Leeann's name, forgetting she had previously given her two strong sleeping pills. She sat on the bed next to Leeann and shook her bodily trying to wake her, but to no avail. Jessie stood pacing back and forth across the bedroom floor waiting patiently on the sleeping pills to wear off.

Six hours later...and a lot of wear on the carpet, Jessie was still pacing back and forth in front of the bed when Leeann was finally opening her eyes slowly and groggily.

''What's wrong Jess? What happened?'' she said quietly as she saw the terror still on Jessie's face.

''I believe you! I believe you, completely and entirely! 2000% I believe you!'' she fell to her knees beside the bed and started to cry into the duvet as Leeann put her arms around her.

''I thought you would be safe going into my room, that it was just me it wanted. I'm so sorry!'' she tried to apologize.

Leeann lifted the duvet open as she helped Jessie up into bed, they lay together that night hugging and sobbing as they tried to soothe each other's torments from the unknown presence in Leeann's house.

The next day -

Leeann woke up to find Jessie gone but replaced with the smell of bacon and French toast filling the room. She slid out of bed in search of her; unsteadily she wandered towards the kitchen/diner where she saw Jess stood at the stove. The light shining directly on her through the window making her black hair seem almost blue and her slender body almost translucent.

''You want coffee, Honey?'' Jessie called out without turning around.

''Mmmhmm'' Leeann called out as she plopped herself down in a bar stool at the kitchen counter.

''Well, you know where the coffee is and the OJ! Get me some too.'' Jessie smiled as she slid a cup along to her along with an empty glass.

Leeann chuckled as she pottered over to the coffee machine and refrigerator. She poured out two cups of strong Columbian coffee, adding in milk and sugar before getting two freshly squeezed glasses of OJ.

''See I can do things for myself, I haven't always been waited on hand and foot.'' Leeann smiled and stuck her tongue out as Jess.

''Here...eat up cos we got a lot to talk about...'' Jessie placed a hot plate in front of her filled with bacon, pancakes, three types of eggs, French toast, sausages and hash browns.

''Mmm...It smells so good...I know we do, but can we take it slowly. It's hard for me to talk about because my mum always told me NEVER to tell anyone.'' Lee sighed as she cut into her pancakes.

Jessie nodded as she sat beside her to eat breakfast before they took their coffee into the living room to chat.

''Lee, you ARE going to have to tell me everything you know about this Thing. I'm involved now too...'' Jessie told her matter of fact.

''Where do you want me to start, Jessie?''

''Well the beginning would be good, but the other night before it attacked you in the middle of day might shed some light on it.''

''I woke up from a nightmare, I swear something was in bed with me but when I reached for the light and turned it on there was nothing. I put it down to my imagination or the nightmare, maybe both.'' Leeann told Jessie as she looked at the coffee in her hands.

''What about the nightmare?'' Jess quizzed Leeann.

''What about it? It was just a nightmare.'' Leeann dismissed Jessie.

''There's something you ain't telling me, L! Spill it now! We're in this together, now tell me...'' Jessie shouted.

Leeann sat there in silence as she tried to think of an excuse but all she did was make Jessie angrier.

''Leeann!''

''ALRIGHT! Alright...I'll tell you. This is hard for me...''

''I know L, but I'm here for you and I ain't going anywhere, you know that.''

''Okay... ... I was dreaming that I was in my house but it was like way back in the 1900's or something; I was dressed like they were back then with a long white, empire waisted cotton and chiffon dress with little cap sleeves. My hair was pinned up messy with my curls trailing down my neck and a light blue ribbon throughout it to match the dress. It was very surreal, Jessie.'' Leeann paused

"It was like watching myself in a sort of out of body experience'' she sipped her coffee before continuing. "I was in a dark room with very heavy and lavish drapes all over the walls and doorways; with all the old dark mahogany furniture like in my bedroom and the staircase, there was a small round table with a vial on it and a small round brown jar. Beside the table was an old style day bed you see in old fashioned houses, you know with one side and half a back?'' Lee asked Jessie.

''Yeah, yeah I know what you mean. Keep going... It's interesting.'' Jessie encouraged.

''Well the day bed was covered in a white muslin style material and I was laying on top of it; sort of, my arms and head where draped off the end of it like I was unconscious or dead...'' Leeann stopped.

''O.M.G. Leeann! You're dead?'' Jessie interrupted.

''That's not the strange part... There was a devil/incubus type creature sitting on my chest smiling evilly down at me as I am lying there, either unconscious or dead. Then a demented looking horse stuck its head through the drapes at the doorway. By that time I had freaked out and woke up clutching the sheet on my bed. That is when I could feel someone in bed with me and I reached for the light.'' Leeann trailed off.

''Jesus Lee! No wonder you have marks on you. Demons and demented horses. That is fucked up!'' Jessie gasped.

''Wait! I had bare feet and they didn't walk about in bare feet back then. I must have been dressed for bed... It was a nightdress and I must have fallen asleep on the day bed.'' Leeann exclaimed.

''But that doesn't explain the demon thingy or horse...Does it?'' Jess looked confused.

''It's an incubus and no...You're right it doesn't... I think we need to research my house cos it all seems to center around that main thing.''

''Internet or library?'' Jessie asked.

''How about we go to the library and kill two birds with one stone. They will have computers there and they might have info on my house or what was there previously.'' Leeann smiled at her genius idea.

*****

''Hi, welcome to the library, my name is Michael. What can I do for you pretty girls today.'' He said to them as they enter the library.

''Erm...we're looking for information on a house, or what was on its location in the 1900's or so.'' Jessie answered as Leeann looked at the man strangely.

''Okay, I think we might have something that could help you. All the records are over here if you would like to follow me, girls.'' he smiled at Leeann.

''What are you doing, flirting with the creepy librarian man?'' Jess asked Leeann.

''No! I just smiled at him, nothing more.'' she said defensively.

''Yeah, right, whatever you say.'' Jessie smiled and nudged her as they followed behind Michael.

''Here you are girls', do you want me to help you look or are you all good to do it yourselves?'' he asked.

''No we're good, thanks.'' Jessie answered.

''Alrighty, I'll be over there if you need me. Just give me a shout...well maybe not shout but you know what I mean...'' he blushed as he walked away.

''Well, well, Leeann! I see you can even make grown men stumble over their words with one look. I haven't seen you do that in a long time.'' Jessie joked.