Unleashed Corporate Lust Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Today Trish didn't feel valuable...she just felt tired and having to force a pleasant smile was wearing her down. As hard as she tried she just couldn't get back any enthusiasm for anything. It was like all joy was ripped away leaving her life empty and futile. She knew she was only going through the motions and didn't even care.

The phone rings at her desk causing another silent groan. Hearing its Mr. Fields asking her to step into his office to meet a new client she thinks,

'Just let me get through one more day.'

Donning a smile and professional front, she enters the office with a warm greeting,

"Mr. Fields, you called for me? "

"Yes Ms. Nelson. I would like you to meet William Anderson. Bill, this is Trish Nelson."

Bill turns from the bookcase where he stood with his back to Trish and is concerned by her shock as he steps up to greet her.

He shakes her hand while supporting her at the elbow seeming to innocently assist her to the couch. Actually he watches the color drain from her face leaving her a ghastly white and thinks she best sit before she faints dead away.

Mr. Fields rambles on with polite introductions as he fills his brief case and prepares to leave for an important meeting he's already late for.

"George, don't let me hold you up any longer." Bill says, "I'm sure Ms. Nelson will be more than helpful in your absence. I'll get back to you about those details tomorrow."

With a wave and the closing of the door Trish is alone, feeling trapped with Bill. She trembles even though he shows no malice. Only a warm smile crosses his lips as he sits next to her. She blinks back the rising tears threatening to burst. Beginning to squirm under his stare she stutters an attempt to speak and he hushes her with a single finger placed to her lips.

"I told you once Trish, that you are the only one who can help me make sense of what is happening to us. That hasn't changed."

Unable to bear her guilty shame, Trish lowers her eyes from his questioning gaze. Undaunted he takes her chin and lifts her face again, forcing her to meet his razor sharp glare. Now he shows her his conviction tinged with a serious edge, yet keeps his voice low and even,

"You owe me an explanation Trish."

She holds back the threatening tears but can't prevent her lower lip from quivering. The lump in her throat makes speech impossible. Bill's heart aches seeing her helplessness, her brimming eyes pleading with him. He senses her energies trying desperately to pull away from him and he knows what he must do.

Rising abruptly Bill pulls her to stand before him. His hand at the small of her back pushes her toward the door ahead of him. Emerging from the office he asks where her wrap is and she points a hesitant finger toward her desk where a sweater is slung across the back of the chair.

Making a quick detour he routes them close enough to snatch it up and places it over her shoulders.

"Come on. The boss said you are taking me to lunch!" and giving her little choice he guides her with an insistent hand pushing at the small of her back.

Trish allows him to shove her toward her fate. She knows she deserves his wrath. In fact she'd feel better if he'd just scream or beat her and get it over with. Bill smiles inwardly, seeing the doomed look on her face as if she were being led to the gallows.

In a way she deserves some discomfort for the way she had done him. But then a softer part aches inside and wants to hold her close to kiss every tear away.

Reaching the lobby and exiting the building she turns to him. The open safety and warmth of the sun strengthens her courage and she snaps firmly,

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." is the only answer she gets from his hard steel eyes as Bill raises his arm and waves to the chauffeur pulling to the curb.

By the time they travel across the walkway the chauffeur has parked and walked around to open the rear door.

Trish finds herself being ushered inside the plush leather interior and hears the driver given instructions but the destination is spoken quietly and she can't discern what it was. Feeling suddenly crowded she scoots farther away from Bill, sitting up straight and concentrating on her hands folded in her lap. With a deep breath she prepares for his rage.

Demanding her full attention, he moves to sit opposite her. Leaning forward he locks his eyes with hers and takes both her trembling hands into his. With a gentle warm squeeze he asks,

"Tell me why you ran Trish."

His voice is tender but she hears the hurt and answers with barely a whisper,

"I had to. You don't even know me Bill. If you did, you would know I'm no good for you. You're better off without me bringing trouble to your life."

With her confession complete she jerks her hands free and refuses to meet his stare.

Bill's brow creases into a deep frown as he reaches into the compartment beside his seat. Removing a thick manila envelope he pulls out a yellowed newspaper page and slaps it down hard into her lap.

Trish's body involuntarily jumps at his swift movement and fearful eyes dart quickly to his. Bill's voice is controlled but sends chills through her spine, cringing at the unmistakable disgust.

"Are you going to let a slime like him dictate your life?"

Her eyes blink wide glancing down to relive the terror as she looks into the face of her ex, photographed as he was led from the courthouse. The bold headline reported the sentence of life in prison for killing her fiancé eight years ago. Shoving the paper off her lap like it's a poisonous snake her brimming eyes search Bill's,

"You know?" her trembling lips ask and he nods his head.

Emotions well up and Trish clenches her fists feeling anger at Bill for forcing this confrontation. She has spent years putting this terrible nightmare behind her. Why did he have to come along and make her give in to these damnable passions? Feeling nothing was better than feeling this.

Yet its Trish's guilt since walking out on Bill that weighs heavy on her heart, gnawing at her conscience. Especially now, seeing the hurt and confusion in his eyes, Trish can't deny the pain she caused him. She hated leaving him the way she did. He at least deserves to know why. Like a dam bursting, her tears flow, wrenching from her the guilt and shame locked up inside.

"I...I'm...sorry," broken and shattered, Trish tries to convince Bill why he's better off without her. She admits she shamefully took her pleasure from him and leaving him like that was unforgivably cruel. Then goes on to tell him she suffered the same loss denying herself the first true passions she had shared in so many years. She sobs out the horrid story of stupid mistakes that cost her years of abuse. Even after breaking free, her ex-husband stalked her, threatening the cruelest things to make sure she lived every moment in fear.

Trish managed to move away from her ex, leaving the East Coast for good. A new name and a new job gave her hope to build a new life. She found real love and planned to marry had it not been for her vengeful ex plotting her demise. He tracked her down and burst in finding her sleeping soundly with her intended and thought to kill her then and there. But her lover shielded her from that fateful bullet and gave up his own life to save hers.

Bill stroked his loving hand through Trish's hair and let her pour out all the bent up fear and misplaced guilt she was harboring all these years. Most of what she said was incoherent through her sobs. But Bill had read the reports his friend had uncovered. The court transcripts and photos submitted in evidence left little out telling the vile tortures that man had put Trish through. He understood how that final atrocity shattered her heart; making the pain so great she never wanted to love again.

"Trish, look at the strength you have already shown overcoming those challenges." Bill's words were soft and tender, pulling her to sit beside him.

"You can't give him the power to deny you happiness now." Placing a kiss against her salty, tear stained cheek; he waits for her to look at him.

Pinning her eyes to his gaze so she knows to the marrow of her bones his words are true,

"Trish, I won't allow him to rob me of you!" his lips descend and their kiss is loving and intimate, sealing their commitment.

Wrapped safe in his arms, Trish trusts he's strong enough to hold her love. She sees her own strength reflected in his eyes and wants to believe love is possible again. Her breath slows with a deep cleansing sigh as the realization fills her that she isn't alone any longer.

Feeling her catching her breath and calming, Bill reaches across to retrieve the old newspaper and shoves it back inside the large manila envelope before holding it suspended in the air before them.

"Do you know what this is Trish?" dangling it with the corner caught between his finger and thumb, "It's the nightmares you are so afraid of; it's that terrified life you ran away from; it's every photo of every bloodied bruise; it's every ugly terrifying thing you have been ashamed of."

Thrusting it toward Trish, Bill continues,

"Trish! It's all the reasons you stopped loving."

She pulls away throwing her hands up to push the memories from her.

"No, please. I don't want to go through it all again."

Feeling the car come to a stop, Bill smiles at her reassuringly,

"Good! Now prove it."

Opening the car door Trish shields her eyes from the bright sun as Bill exits and pulls her out behind him. She finds they are standing on a bluff high above a rushing river. She clings to Bill with the height seeming to swallow her up.

"Trish!" Bill raises his voice to be heard above the wind and roar of the river. He turns Trish to face him, giving her shoulders a gentle shake to pull her gaze from the river below.

"Trish, please listen to me." Her eyes seem to search his, wanting to trust the undeniable love she sees there.

"Darling, it's time to start living again; time to start believing in us." He presses the envelope to her chest and forces her trembling hands to hold it there.

With one last pleading request Bill steps back knowing she must do this on her own.

"Just let it go Trish..."

Bill sees the turmoil in her eyes, but it's the love Trish sees reflected in his that gives her the added courage to step to the edge of the bluff. She hesitates, saying a silent prayer before flinging the envelope far out into the raging water. The wind whips her auburn hair in one wild swirl before it falls over shaking shoulders to hide her bowed head. Bill's world stands frozen until he hears Trish's laughter as she raises her face back up to the sun. Rich, golden laughter that sings from a heart set free.

Those emerald eyes flash brightly as Trish reaches for Bill, their laughter combining to fill the air. The world gains two souls sharing the same breath and the same heartbeat. Standing steadfast in love, they now know they will always share the same strength as well.