Untouchable Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His mother smiled, "Let me rephrase it. I want you to stay here and keep me company. If I stay here with the help of my kind, but over protective son, I'll feel shut out of the world and eventually want to tear my hair out. You need to stay and make me feel happy with your overly bubbly personality. Please." Ms. Halliday begged.

Kim really wanted to object, (She already felt it hard to keep her mind off Henry and her hands off herself. Imagine if she stayed in the same house as him. There would be a world of chaos.) Nevertheless, she couldn't say no to an ill woman. "Fine," Kim relented. "But heed my word. There will be no breakfast in bed. You are sick, but you're well enough to get down stairs and eat meals with the rest of the household. Oh, and before I forget, I won't be allowing the chefs the make my food or yours. I wouldn't know what they put into it. Can we agree on those terms?"

Ms. Halliday grinned, rubbing her hands together like a mischievous kid. "I agree, now I'm feeling tired again. Henry, dear, go with Kim and help her get her things. All right? Now, I dismiss you both."

Kim smiled "You can't dismiss me, because I'm letting myself out."

Henry had seen Kim and his mother do this back and forth thing. It was insanely cute. Well, Kim was insanely cute. His mother was just snappy. Henry left behind Kim, he closed the door lightly. Both of them stood outside the door awkwardly. "So, you wanna go get your things?" He asked, trying to break the silence.

Kim shrugged. "I guess, are you available right now? Or do you want to go later?"

Henry wanted to laugh. He did have an important meeting, but all he had to say to get out of his meeting was that he was with his mate. No one would question him further. "No, not right now. I'll get my keys and then I'll drive us there."

Kim glared at him. "No."

"No what?"

She placed a hand on her hip. "You are not driving me anywhere. I drove here in my car; I will drive us both there and back." She cocked a brow, waiting for him to say otherwise. "Are you ready to leave? I have my keys right here in my hand." She started walking away.

If she had looked at him right that second instead of turning away, she would have seen the grin forming on his lips. He loved her bullheadedness, especially when she said what she thought and didn't care about his opinion. Not even his friends spoke freely of what they thought, in fear of his wolf. He followed her. She was fast, even in her tall polka dot heels. She walked outside, not looking to see if he followed.

Henry was proud of his car, it was fast and it got him places, but he saw his mate's. She had a 2015 Lamborghini Aventador. It was sleek, black, expensive, and ridiculously fast. He always thought Kim had money problems, if she could afford a Lamborghini then she probably wasn't as tight up as he thought.

Kim slipped in and turned it on.

They drove in silence. Even in a fast car, Henry noticed that she didn't go over the speed limit. He was glad; he didn't want his mate getting into a car accident. "So, you like this car?" Henry asked, trying to make conversation.

"Uh, yeah. That's why I got it. I wouldn't waste money on a car I don't like." She said. He thought she was in a bad mood, but when he looked at her face, she was smirking. She must have found that question funny.

"You like fast cars?"

She frowned. "Uh, yeah. Can we just not talk? You're just here to help me get my stuff. We don't need to chit chat. Alright?" She leaned over to turn on the music, hard rock music started playing. If you had asked Henry what kind of music he thought Kim listened to, he would have said pop. She sure dress colorfully and bright, he hadn't expected hard rock.

He embraced everything about Kim. Every day he learned a new fact about his Kim. She loved drinking smoothies out of funky shaped glasses. She wore vibrant colored shoes and looked smoking hot in everything she wore. Sometimes, Henry was surprised by some of the things he found out. Like, when he found out she used to do gymnastics when she was little. (His mother happened to mention that, really his mother had a big mouth and told him all about his mate.)

She pull into a parking lot and got out. "Come on." She grumbled. He wondered if maybe she didn't want to spend any time with him at all. He was excited to spend any time with her, and super excited to get out of her car. Her car was like a little box that kept him stuck with her. Of course, he loved to be so close with her, but her scent was driving him crazy. Her peachy scent was all over her car. His seat smelled of her scent. Not the mention, but his close proximity to her was hard to handle. If he hadn't already said, mates were very drawn to each other in both the physical and mental aspects of a relationship.

He followed her into the building and up a flight of stairs. He stayed behind her, watching the sway of her hips.

Delicious. His wolf groaned, making Henry frown. Of course, Kim was both his wolf's and his, he just didn't like his wolf's open attraction to her. Or his over talkativeness because of her presence. He couldn't very well tell his wolf to shut up or Kim would think she was talking to her.

Kim walked into her apartment. "I guess I forgot to lock it behind me." She mumbled uncertainly, but Henry knew better.

Henry walked into her place. It was neat and tidy, exceptionally open. He smelled an unfamiliar scent. It didn't belong to her or anyone she spent a lot of time with. All the times she spent with him, he hadn't smelled this scent. When Kim spent a lot of time with Henry, she began to smell like him. So who ever had entered her apartment she didn't know or hadn't seen in a while. That thought didn't leave him with a good feeling.

Henry notice the wood next to her front door was dented. Someone had broken into her apartment. He didn't know if whoever did it did it often or just this time.

Kim was in her bedroom. She pulled the suitcase out from under her bed and began filling it with as much clothes as possible. Because she was going to be seeing Henry a lot, she felt a little nagging feeling that she should dress up every day, but she knew that when taking care of Ms. Halliday that she'd be running around all over the place. So she packed what she'd where on a usual day off. Just a pair of worn sneakers and exercise clothes: yoga pants, shorts, t-shirts, sweaters, some tank tops. She really didn't need to dress up, so why should she?

She was going through her bathroom, gathering up her toiletries, when she found a strange bag underneath her sink, behind her extra shampoos. It was made of fabric and seemed to have something in it. She untied the bag and peered in, it had bird claws, some herb looking substance, chicken bones, and...The locket she got from her grandmother.

"What the fuck?" Kim's nose wrinkled in disgust.

Henry came walking in. "What's wro..." The words died on his lips when he noticed the bag resting in the palm of her hand. His expression turned murderous, his lips pulled back into a scowl. "Give me that bag." He growled, extending his hand in her direction.

Kim jumped up, quickly handing him the strange item. "What is it? Why don't you like it? Do you know where it came from? I sure didn't put it there. Do you know who put it there? You look pretty angry about its presence."

Henry pulled out his lighter and lit the little sack on fire. It glowed a bright blue before bursting like an explosive and covering him in ash. He was very pissed to find a hex bag in his mate's house. Turns out, someone wanted her dead and that was NOT okay with Henry.

He heard a small rustling sound and ran from the room. Her bedroom window was now open and the white curtains blew about. Whoever it was had stayed to watch the event unravel and ran when their plans failed. He was glad they ran, or his mate would have had to watch him slaughter someone.

"What's going on?" Kim demanded from behind him.

He turned around, "Nothing." He tried lying. "Let's leave now. My mother will want us back soon and we will want to check on her." He scooted up her suitcase and wrapped an arm around her waist. She didn't object, which was good. Because Henry's wolf wasn't happy that someone would try to kill their mate. Her physical contact calmed his raging wolf. He practically dragged her out of the apartment and into the car.

She let him drive on the way back. Still, they drove in absolute silence. Which was how he noticed the black van tailing them. It had been driving behind them for quite a while. He was an excellent driver, so he could easily lose them. Now all he had to do was lose them without his mate finding out.

12