Unwelcome

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So not everybody is on this frantic bandwagon to burn this house to the ground."

"No. Now don't drop your guard, because it only takes a few radical thinkers to do a lot of damage. The ugly graffiti all over the front of the house is a testament to that fact." She looked at me for a second and then asked me, "Just how thoroughly have you looked at what you are considering buying?"

"I had my contractor with me and he thoroughly checked it structurally."

"No, I mean as a home, a place somebody might want to live in. It would only be natural for you to be distracted by those memories you mentioned, or at least the potential for those memories. Let's walk the whole house, the grounds and the outbuildings. I have all day if needed, and it is my job to sell this property, so I want to earn my commission."

"Then by all means, let's do a complete tour of the property. All sixty acres?"

She smiled and told me, "I'm sure you don't need to count the weeds. You probably should see some of it just so you'll be familiar with the lay of the land."

"An excellent point. Okay, you lead and I follow."

We did as she suggested and I studied each room and the furniture. We were in the living room when I stopped and said, "You may have a good idea about looking once again. I never even noticed that garish chair before. It's large. In fact it's out of scale with the rest of the furniture."

Ellie looked at it and then at me before she smiled and said, "I'm telling myself to be neutral, but I have to agree. It looks more like a throne than something you'd find in a living room."

"You're right, a throne. Now that is interesting considering a few other things I have noticed."

"Like what?"

"I'll save it until we check out the barn, but keep a mental picture of that throne in your mind. Another thing about that chair. It makes the room too full as though they stuffed it in here just before they ran off into the night."

She smiled and said, "Now that is interesting. Why would they have bothered to do that?"

"Maybe they weren't planning to disappear when they started to move it."

"We have something of a mystery I'd say."

"With your help I'm seeing a lot that I missed before."

She smiled and her pony tail bobbed as she tossed her head and said, "I guess I'm pretty good at my job. Okay potential buyer, let's move on." We even checked the basement where she reminded me that the furnace was relatively new.

"Now about the bedrooms," she said as we entered the master suite. "Try to think how a woman might feel when she sees this for the first time."

"That's easy, I'll just ask you. How does this room hit you? First impression."

"Well I've seen it a few times before, but give me a second. Okay, it's nice size and there are nice windows. The coloration is rather bland and boring, but that may not be how another woman would see it."

"But why just a woman? I mean wouldn't there be a guy involved?"

"I imagine. Okay, how do you see this room?"

"Well, it's my turn to think." I looked around the room and controlled my smile as I told her, "It's okay, but it's rather bland and boring."

She smiled and asked me, "Are you making fun of me?"

"I'm agreeing with you."

Chapter Seven

As we walked toward the barn she asked me, "Now are you getting anything out of this or are you just humoring me?"

"I'm getting a lot out of this. I'm looking with a more critical eye and at our slower pace I'm noticing more," and without her catching me, I glanced at her nice shape and added, "Yes, I'm noticing a lot more."

"Now what was that about the barn," she asked me as we stepped inside.

"It's up in the loft. Have you been up there?"

"I don't believe I have."

"I do believe you'll be surprised."

"I've never been in a hayloft in my life in fact. I'll bet it's filthy up there."

"You'll be favorably surprised."

At the ladder I stood to the side and said, "Ladies first Miss Ellie."

The smile she shared with me that time really got my attention. Why that smile I couldn't say, but it was powerful. I had a perfect unobstructed view of her ass clad in those tightly stretched brown slacks, so I made it a point to stay close to her as we ascended the eight or ten ladder rungs.

As soon as I was standing next to her I asked her, "Notice anything unusual? Oh, but then you've never been in a hayloft."

"Well I notice it's larger up here than I would have guessed."

"Now keep in mind that the only reason for this huge hayloft is to store hay for the livestock to eat during the winter. Now look at the boards we're standing on." She looked down and studied them as I helped her by saying, "They've been sanded very smooth and even sealed with some kind of product. This whole blinking loft is like this." She looked at me questioningly and I shrugged. "I have a thought, but it's only a guess."

"What's that?"

"Well the rumor is all about witches or rituals or whatever right?"

"True."

"Now look up and you'll see eyebolts and pulleys."

Her hand went to my shoulder as she tipped her head well back and searched for what I had described. I got close to her and pointed up and she said, "Oh, I see them now. But what's the connection?"

"Okay so we've had maybe an hour or so of quality time to get to know each other, so...well I don't think they were having their rituals and séances while dressed. They used this loft because it was quite large and very private. No windows for example and it's well off of the ground. Now the very smooth and friendly looking floor tells me they were at the very least barefoot if not naked. Can you imagine putting your bare butt on rough unfinished wood?"

"But what about those bolts in the beams?" When I told her my thoughts she grabbed my arm and held on as she said, "You can't be serious."

"I'm just guessing. They could have hung an icon of some kind or about anything. Maybe they just had great parties up here. It would be great as long as nobody needed a bathroom."

She looked at me and her smile slowly reappeared as she said, "You're just too funny." She let go of my arm and said, "Sorry, but your vision gave me the creeps."

"I much prefer a bunch of naked people having a party."

"In a barn hayloft with no bathroom and no bar. Some party."

"Hmmm, good point. Oh well, back to the drawing board."

"I have to say, I've never been so emotionally involved in selling a house before."

"This whole thing could turn into a real adventure before we're done. Maybe that was what pushed me to consider getting into this mess. You, adventure, and learning about naked partiers that don't use bathrooms or drink."

"You're funny," and we headed out past the barn to survey the fields running toward the north end of the sixty acres. We didn't even get close to walking the fields, but we did make it to a high point so we could stand there and look around.

"Good enough for me for now," I told her. I don't see anything that would be a major issue at all unless they outlaw weeds. If that happens I'm a dead man."

She turned and gave me a push before she said, "You're mind doesn't work like most people I know. In other words, I think you're a little off center."

"Now how can you bait me out here in the middle of nowhere and then say that to me?"

"Now just how did I bait you?"

"Oh, your wiles as a woman of course. You're cute pony tail, your...well anyway, I felt compelled to follow you." I got a smile from her and we headed back to the house.

As soon as we were inside I looked at her slacks and said, "Ooh, we made a mistake. You have stick tights all from those weeds over your slacks."

"They'll just have to wait until I get home I guess."

"You'll have them all over your car, which will then be all over you the next time you go someplace."

"I don't have much choice though."

"We always have choices. We may not like them, but we do have choices."

"How very profound of you. Now what are my choices?"

"You can go as you are, which of course I do not recommend. You can go home in your panties, which of course you will not do, but it is an alternative."

"I hope you have better ones than that last one."

"We could continue our discussion of the house and property while we pick all of that mess off of your nice brown slacks."

"That could take hours."

"But you don't want that mess in your car I'm sure."

"Not really."

"Then it's off to the living room with us."

She looked at me as I took her hand and she asked, "Why the living room."

Rather than answer with words, I pointed at the chair as I told her, "Get comfortable on the throne dear lady."

She smiled and said, "You're crazy."

"It just might be the best seat in the house. Sorry I don't have a crown to loan you, but then your cute pony tail is your crown." Standing in front of the chair she looked at it and then she suspiciously eyed me as I said, "Nice brown leather, padded arms, and a fancy straight high back." She sat down and I continued with my nonsense. "There, now comfy?"

Her smile was crooked as she said, "Not terribly."

"But nothing will stick to the leather."

"And I suppose you have it all in your mind how this will go."

"I think so. If you'll permit me my lady," and I knelt in front of her. That off center smile continued as I gently moved her left leg up and over the chair arm and then raced to the kitchen and came back with a dish from the table. I knelt close to her leg and started picking at the little sticky devils that littered her slacks.

"This is very nice of you sir, but I can't help you while in this position."

"You help me just by being here, so relax and I'll do my thing while you sell me the house."

She laughed and said, "You already want the house even after we talked about the issues that come with this place."

"Yes, speaking of that," I said as I dropped my first handful of brown debris onto the plate. "You don't seem bothered by the supposed possibility of a demon coming to possess your soul, or whatever nasty thing that might befall you."

"After you showed me the loft I was having second thoughts about what I was involved in."

"Try to find solace in the fact that I believe none of that and that we are totally safe. I wouldn't hesitate to sleep here tonight in fact. I mean if I had water and electricity."

She was watching me as I did my chore and she said, "You know, I've never spent a day selling a property that the client was already determined to purchase. Just saying that makes me laugh."

I looked up at her and stopped what I was doing. Her right foot was on the floor and her arms were up and resting against the back. "What's wrong?" she asked me."

"Sorry, nothing wrong at all. Something just flashed through my mind is all, but I can work on that later. Okay so about this purchase," I said as I resumed my labors. "I am determined to purchase this place, but only at the right price. If I can't realize a solid profit for my efforts and taking the risk of buying this tainted land, then I won't buy it. I'm not so wealthy as to buy it only to have it sit here for the next ten years while I pay the taxes every year, or maybe watch as it gets burned to the ground."

"So there is a limit to your emotional attachment."

I looked up at her again and struggled with myself for an instant before I said, "There is a limit, but I have to say, being with you today certainly hasn't hurt your cause." Her diminutive smile beguiled me so I just looked at her for a moment. "Yes, like right now. I know we're here to do business, but I can't help but appreciate what I'm looking at." Then I looked down and said, "There, I think I've saved the left half of your slacks. Shall we continue, or will you drive home with your right leg sticking out of the window?"

Her laugh sounded musical to me and then she said, "I'd have to drive home with my back to the steering wheel."

"Oh, right. Well then beautiful lady, if I may," and though she didn't need my help, I moved her left leg down and put her right leg over the arm of the chair. I adjusted my position and again resumed my duties.

"Ben, I have to think that you have a very responsible position and you're paid well for what you do. So why are you being so determined to save my slacks?"

"Oh it isn't your slacks. We could replace them without much effort. No, this is about your car and you, and as I recall you opted not to go home in your panties."

She didn't say anything so I was afraid my mentioning her panties again had somehow made her uncomfortable. I looked up prepared to apologize, but saw that her cute off center smile was there again, so I pushed my luck. "We had one other option that we didn't consider."

"I'll take a chance and ask you what that option was."

"You could have gone home in my slacks and I would have gone home in my briefs."

She laughed again and said, "My god I'd swim in your pants. I'd have trouble keeping them up even with the help of suspenders."

"I guess that's right," and I smiled as I looked into her eyes for a brief moment before I continued with my chore. "Sadly, I'm almost done. Is there anything else you wish to tell me to further entice me into being a homeowner in White County?"

"I can't think of a thing I could tell you at this point that would have any influence on you."

I focused on what I was doing as I said, "I know it's none of my business but I'll forego proper behavior and ask anyway. Are you married? I see no ring, but not everybody wears them."

"I'm seeing somebody, but not married."

"There, I'm done. I envy him," I added and stood up before we made eye contact again.

She put her hands on my forearms and said, "Ben, you've been very circumspect and so very charming. I said before that I've never had an experience like this before, but that's even truer now. I've enjoyed what we've shared."

Then she stopped and smiled before she said, "God, that makes it sound like we've had a brief affair. But you've flattered me and entertained me, and we've actually managed to weave in some business in the couple of hours that I've been here, but I don't feel like I've worked at all. It's more like I've been entertained.

"Now that's interesting, because I feel much the same way. I just hope I'll find excuses to see you again without buying more property." Then fearing I'd put her in an awkward position, I added, "So what happens now. You'll take my offer back to...well to the county I'm sure, and then what?"

"They will review and either accept, decline the offer or counter offer. I'll get in touch with you and we'll talk about that, and then you decide what you'll do."

"So I will get to see you then."

She smiled and said, "You'd drive for two hours just to spend minutes with me to go over their response?"

"I would. I've included a list of salient facts as I see them so they'll understand where I'm coming from."

"Ben, I do hope they accept your offer."

"Thanks, so that's two on my side. Let's not take a poll of the neighbors and of the people in the city."

"Well since they are about split on how they feel, you'd surely end up with some support."

"That's encouraging. Ellie, I..." Then I stopped myself and instead just smiled and said, "I'll walk you out."

Chapter Eight

I hadn't been at the office an hour Monday morning before the secretary that I shared with Frank Petty called me. "Mr. Whitehead, you have an urgent call."

"From?"

"Your realtor in Sparta."

"Okay, thanks."

"Ben, it's Ellie."

"What's wrong?"

"Somebody firebombed the house before daylight this morning."

"Oh shit, how bad is it?"

"I'm at the house now and the front is in pretty bad shape. It's not a loss, but some major work will be required to make it right again. The damage is in the many thousands of dollars I'm sure. Oh, and they tried to do the same to the barn, but that one failed. They did throw paint all over it and on the concrete inside, like maybe that was their backup plan."

"Oh great. Look Ellie, I can't get away for several hours, so...well could you meet me there say about five?"

"Of course."

"Needless to say, this voids my offer for the property, so we'll have to see what we can come up with to replace it. I'll call my contractor and see if he can meet us there."

"I'll see you then Ben and...and Ben, I hope you will submit a new offer and this time things go better for us."

"Thanks, see you then." Then I called Collin Perkins office and left an urgent message for him to call me.

Within the hour Collin called and asked, "What's up Ben?" I gave him the news and he said, "Oh. Well I'll figure something out and see you there at five."

"Thanks. It sounds like if I do get that place you'll have an even bigger job."

"It certainly sounds that way, but we'll have to come up with something in the way of security or what we do could be undone very quickly."

"Good point. I'll work on that next, and thanks for calling so quickly."

"No problem, see you there."

I called Ellie again and said, "Hi, it's me. Listen, see if you can get them to turn the electricity on and as soon as possible. I'll explain later what I want to do."

"I'll take care of it Ben, bye."

There was nothing I could do until I saw the house and talked to Collin, but I had a plan of sorts if I could just pull things together. One thing was certain though. My offer would be for much less, but my post purchase costs would go way up.

There wasn't much of a porch left for Ellie to sit on, so when I arrived I found her sitting in her car with the door open. We both got out of our cars at about the same time and I walked toward her. We shared weak smiles and she put her hand on the small of my back and said, "I'm so sorry this happened Ben."

"Thanks, but you're not the one that caused this mess." I didn't even realize my hand had landed on her back just above her butt as we stood there and I added, "Looks like a lot of damage. The whole porch and porch roof will have to be replaced, and that could easily be ten grand by itself."

"The front door isn't safe to use, but we can get in the back to see how much the house was damaged on the inside." But then Collin arrived and I introduced Ellie to him, and then another car pulled next to mine.

A guy in a pinstriped gray suit and his tie loosened stepped out and joined us. "Hi Ellie.

"Hi. This is Ben Whitehead, and his contractor Collin..."

"Perkins," Collin finished for her.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Dan Atwater. I'm chairman of the county commissioners and I just learned of the fire and I've been afraid this would happen." He looked toward the blackened front of the house and shook his head. "I don't know what to say. The sheriff has tried to protect this place I'm sure, but that changes nothing. Mr. Whitehead, look it all over thoroughly, and if you can, give me a number, and we'll see what we can do to end this nightmare. I'll leave you to your task, but I'll check back with you in an hour or so."

As Mr. Atwater walked to his car, I turned to Collin and said, "Okay my friend, in addition to the obvious, I want you to include a six inch well, double water pressure tanks and sprinkler systems. Oh, and those things that you and I discussed about the house, I want to do the same with the barn." Collin looked a little surprised, but I just smiled and told him, "No I haven't lost my mind. I have a reason for everything. Oh, and add a bathroom to the barn would you? A generous sized half bath. In fact make that a nice half bath on each level," and I noticed Ellie smiling.

"Let's start with the barn then," Collin said, and without even realizing it I slipped my arm around Ellie's waist and the three of us walked to the once traditional red, but now paint stained barn. We were near the barn before I realized where my right arm was and dropped it to my side. "Okay Ben, where were you thinking of putting that half bath in the loft?"