Upsetting The Cheaters

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nope, not agonna happen babe. I hear Greggy had to move into your little love nest. Why don't you move in with him and his daddy? I bet they would be glad to take care of you."

I walked around Kate and got into my truck. When I closed the door she was standing there crying. She hadn't moved before I drove out of sight of her.

Now comes another thing I didn't understand about women. Kate was working full time and made almost $36,000 a year. Why didn't she have enough to rent a place like I had? Why did she move into that damn condo with Greg and his father? I don't know. What I did get from the police report is that Greg and his father beat her so badly she died after three days in the hospital. She had apparently angered them when she refused to let them DP her. She thought she was Greg's lover and they would marry after the divorce according to the statement she gave the police before she died.

Now I really feel like shit. Kate killed our marriage searching for the good life. I killed Kate with my silly assed revenge. I looked up and said, "Bartender, gimme 'nother un. Gotta fergit this shit."

I was floating and the world was spinning then a damn mule kicked me in the head. There were dozens of people standing over me. I was looking up the short skirt of a goddess. She was looking down at me. Her face showed shock and she dropped to her knees beside me. "David is that really you? What the hell are you doing so drunk you fall off your bar stool?"

"Patty?"

"Yes Dave. I'd ask how you've been but I don't think you're in any condition to tell me. Come on, let's get you up and see if we can sober you up some."

Patty and one of the bouncers helped me to her booth. She fed me coffee. I ran to the restroom twice to get rid of the coffee and most of my guts. God I'm glad I don't have to clean up after me.

After a couple of hours I was at least able to talk without much problem. Patty demanded to know what I was doing there so drunk. I told her the whole story you have just read and said, "So you see Patty. I killed her. I don't know what I'm going to do now. I hated her for what she did to me but I didn't want her dead."

Patty sat there in shock. She stared at me with her mouth open. Finally she wrapped her arm around me and gave me a good hug. "Dave some of what you did was pretty despicable but you DIDN'T kill her. That asshole Greg killed her. You couldn't know he'd do that."

Patty sat staring into the distance for a moment then said, "You know Dave some of this is my fault too. I'm sorry now I never told you about Kathryn while we were in college. Even after you were dating she had an eye for the guys. If they had a lot of money or just a little and were willing to spend it on her she would lead them on. A lot of the nights she didn't spend time with you at Joes she was out with some guy with deep pockets. How do you think she came up with the money for some of those expensive clothes she wore? I never told you because you weren't exclusive then and I really didn't think you would fall for her line of bull and marry her. Hell, you worked at Joes and knew what kind of tramps worked the floor there. I thought you were just after her for her pussy like the other guys. So you see I'm guilty too in a way."

I sat looking at Patty. "Even at college huh? Shit, I just don't understand women. I thought we had a good thing going."

"Dave don't paint all women with the same brush. A lot of us aren't like that you know. If you use those criteria I suppose I should run from you because all men are like Gregory right? Dave I know that isn't true. I worked with you for two years. I know what kind of man you are. How many women did you take home and put to bed when they were so drunk they could have gotten raped if someone hadn't taken care of them? Dave you just need to learn women are like men. There are some good honorable ones out there and some that aren't. There are women players like there are men. Look for the good ones and do the best you can. We reason differently than men its true and we think with our emotions more but that's not so hard to understand is it?

Patty smiled and tugged at my arm. "Come on Dave. Let me get you home. Where do you live by the way? If you're really interested in learning something about women when this all settles down I'll give you some lessons on understanding them. Ok?"

12