Valentine's Day Date

Story Info
The last twenty-four hours changed my life.
4.7k words
4.58
72k
38
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,672 Followers

This is my short Valentine's Day story. A big thank you to Mistress Lynn for editing it and making it a much better read.

****

My life sure changed in the last twenty-four hours. I'll try to explain what happened by telling you a little about myself and my girlfriend, Julie.

We had been going together since we were sophomores in high school. I played sports and she was a cheerleader, so it was kind of an automatic match. In the beginning, it was hormones and puppy love. We spent most of our free time together.

Like most teenagers, we argued a lot. We dated on and off all through high school and even went to the same area college. I received a year-by-year football scholarship and Julie's family paid for her tuition.

I was ending my third year when I broke my leg. The coach informed me that he had talked to the doctors and that I probably wouldn't be ready in time for our spring training. I knew that was the end of my scholarship.

It wasn't that I loved football that much. I was good at the small college level but I knew I'd never go further, so I studied hard in the criminal law field. I wanted to go into the police force or something along that line.

Shows like CSI and ones about Private Investigator's were my favorites. I just needed the education to get anywhere in my future profession. I came from a large family and I knew my parents didn't have the finances to pay for the rest of my tuition.

That meant it was time for me to make some decisions. I contacted the college and set up a program where I received a student loan to pay for my senior year. Next, I hunted for a part-time job to help pay for other college expenses. Of course, I would have to wait until I could walk again. The doc said I would be on crutches for a good three months.

When Julie found out about the severity of my injury, she was sad at first. After about a month, she seemed to become more distant. As soon as I told her I would no longer be playing football, she changed. I guess it was the first time I stopped looking through rose-colored glasses and saw the true Julie. She was all about popularity. Julie liked and wanted to be in the limelight, I realized then.

About the time I was off the crutches, she told me that we should cool it and see other people. It didn't surprise me by then. I guess it hurt my pride more than my heart. We did still date but not quite as often.

My counselor suggested I go to the local police department and check for employment there. I explained to the woman in human resources that I had three years of Criminal Law courses and was looking for a way to help finish paying for my education. They helped me get a job as a night guard at the mall. Before I left, she said that I should apply at their department after graduation.

That gave me a great feeling. My future was now looking brighter. I told Julie about it but she just gave me one of those 'that's nice' smiles. I could see our relationship wasn't going too well.

Now I was going to school full-time and working. The job was easy and gave me time to study.

It was February and near Valentine's Day. I thought I would try to do something about our relationship, so I set up a dinner date at one of the local restaurants. I purchased two tickets to a local play and even got a motel room for the night.

I had Saturday off so I put my plan together. I went to the Hallmark store in the mall and purchased a large heart-shaped box of candy for Julie. I figured I would take it to her after her classes on Friday before I had to go to work.

I stopped by her apartment, which she shared with four other girls. The candy was in a shopping bag so I could surprise her. I knocked on the door and I was the one who was surprised.

She came to the door in a robe and opened the door ajar just enough to see out.

"Jerry! What are you doing here? I thought you worked tonight."

I pushed on the door and saw Brad, the quarterback of our team, standing there fastening his belt. It was obvious they had just finished having sex. Julie had that just fucked look.

"Jerry, I told you to always call before coming over."

"Yeah, now I can see why. I guess it's my own stupidity for wanting to give us one last try. Have a nice Valentine's Day Julie."

I left without saying anything else. Brad never attempted to butt in. The whole school knew that Julie and I dated since high school. At that point, I had no interest in recouping our relationship.

I headed home to change into my uniform before going to the mall. In one way, I felt sad and even embarrassed. On the other hand, I figured I could just go on with my life.

I took the candy back to the mall, hoping I could get a refund. The store told me they had a no refund policy on food items. I wasn't mad at them. They were just sales clerks doing their job.

As I made my rounds, I saw an old classmate sitting by herself in the food court, drinking a soda. She looked rather sad.

"Sarah, is there a problem?"

The look on her face showed I had startled her. "Oh, Jerry, I'm sorry, I was lost in thought."

Sarah had been a year behind Julie and me in high school and later went to a larger university studying physics or something. Sarah had a full ride scholarship. She said she would make a good lab rat because science was so interesting to her. As I said, Sarah's a brain.

I never remembered her dating anyone but then, she wouldn't have told me anyway. Sarah was always somewhat of a loner. Julie used to make fun of her always sitting alone. To be honest, I would say Julie was probably jealous of Sarah's smarts.

Whenever I saw her alone in the cafeteria and Julie wasn't around, I would go sit with her. She always seemed shy and unsure of herself. There were a few times when Julie and I were on the outs that I thought about asking Sarah out, but decided it might not be a good thing, since Julie and I usually got back together after a few days.

"So Sarah, why the gloom and doom look?"

"It's a long story Jerry. It's rather personal. I made a stupid mistake."

"Look Sarah, I have time and anything you tell me I promise to keep a secret. It looks like you need to talk to someone."

"I don't think Julie would approve of you talking to me. You'd better go."

"Whoa! Where did that come from? Sarah, what's going on. I think we need to talk. What's this shit about Julie?"

"If you must know, she came to me your senior year and told me to keep my grubby hands off her man or she would ..."

"She would what, Sarah?"

"Have me jumped by the cheerleading squad."

"Why didn't you tell me? I would have stopped that shit right then.

"I didn't know what to do. She was your girlfriend, so I decided to just leave well enough alone."

"Damn that bitch. God, I wish I would have known. I'm so sorry Sarah."

"No harm done. I'm still in one piece and she still has you."

"Correction, Sarah. You're in one piece but Julie and I aren't a couple."

"What happened? You two were together like forever."

"She wanted to date others and I decided to go on with my life. Now, are you going to tell me about this gloomy attitude you have."

"OK, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. Promise?"

"I promise."

"My car broke down last week and I had it towed to a garage. The repairman kept joking with me. You have to understand that I never dated much. I guess I would have been considered a geek."

I had to laugh when she said that. Just listening to her brought a smile to my face.

"Anyway, he asked me out. I was very nervous but like an idiot, I accepted. He said he would take me out for Valentine's Day, which is tomorrow. Since he lived in the next town over, he asked if he could meet me at the restaurant here in town at five o'clock. I said okay.

"You know how I'm kind of a perfectionist. I double check everything."

"Yes, that you are, but a pretty one at that." I smiled and it caught her off guard.

"I called him yesterday to verify the time. A woman answered the phone. The bastard is married. I feel so foolish; the one time I decide to take a chance on a guy, he's married. I doubt if I will ever trust men again." She looked either sad or mad, I couldn't tell which.

"Sarah, do you trust me?" I asked, looking very serious at her.

"Jerry, of course I trust you. Oh, I'm sorry, I know I just said I can't trust men but you ..."

"Do you trust me enough to go on a date with me?" I wasn't smiling but was looking at her very solemn instead.

I could tell she was totally flustered. She was looking everywhere but at me. I asked her what the problem was.

"Jerry, I've had a crush on you since high school. I always dreamed that some day you would ask me out but I knew it would never happen. Now, here you are asking me out and I don't know what to say."

"Say yes, Sarah."

"I'd love to go out with you, but I'm not good at dating."

"Sarah, let's start by going out as friends. I have to be honest with you here. I made reservations to take Julie out tomorrow night. Since we are no longer a couple, I want you to go with me. Please say yes; it will be fun."

"What are your plans Jerry?

"I have dinner reservations and two tickets to a play. To be honest, I have a motel room but I don't expect you to go there with me. It's just too late to cancel anything but the dinner."

She was smiling at me. "Are you sure about this Jerry? I'm nothing like Julie. She's so beautiful and sexy. She's outgoing and I'm an introvert. I don't want you to be disappointed."

"Sarah, I always considered you a friend. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Just say yes and take a chance on me."

"Okay, I hope you're not making a mistake and aren't just on the rebound. Can you pick me up at the college?" She gave me her dorm room number and we set up a time before I went back to work.

Sarah could have passed for a librarian back in high school. Her hair was always up in a bun or something like that. Dark-rimmed glasses almost hid her eyes and she usually dressed in baggy slacks with blouses buttoned to her neck. Even then, I could tell she had a nice figure. Some people would probably call Sarah a geek. She was very pretty but it was as though she had no idea how pretty she really was.

I remember her as always being quiet and alone, usually studying. A couple of guys asked her out back then, but she always refused. I guess she was smart enough to know they just wanted to get in her pants.

I'd seen her around the last few years and we talked now and then. She didn't seem to change much from the way she was in high school.

One time I told her that I would become a cop. Since she was going to be a lab rat, I said that I could bring her all the evidence to check out. That made us both laugh. I should have realized back then that she was someone special. I guess I was too busy trying to please Julie and wearing blinders.

-------------------------------------

The next night, I arrived at her dorm right on time. I had the box of candy that I never gave Julie in my hand. One of Sarah's roommates opened the door and invited me in just as a couple more roomies came in.

"Hi, I'm Jerry Jones, a friend of Sarah's."

The girls all introduced themselves to me. I would have to say that the intelligence in that room was more than our whole football team put together. Back in high school, the other kids would've called them geeks, but now they were probably the top in their chosen fields.

They were all nice enough to me, and said Sarah would be right out. I do have to say I felt they were checking me over almost as if I was going up on the auction block. I was so happy when Sarah came into the room.

My jaw dropped when I saw the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. I mean, she was gorgeous. She had on a blue dress that fit her like a glove. Low cut but not slutty, it ended a few inches above the knees, just enough to be sexy. Her dark hair was down around her shoulders, just as you see on a shampoo commercial.

The girls all screamed at her on how beautiful she looked. I had trouble speaking. She didn't have glasses on so I figured she had contacts in. Sarah looked more like a movie star or model than a nerd or geek.

"Sarah, I've never seen a more beautiful woman. I really mean it."

I handed her the box of chocolates as I continued to take in how gorgeous she was.

"Do you mind if I share it with my roommates?"

"Of course not," I replied.

The girls all started in on the chocolates as soon as she opened the huge Valentine Heart.

"You take care of Sarah," said her friend Lynn, with a smile.

"I have every intention of taking care of Sarah and showing her a nice time. We've been friends ever since grade school."

I think my reply caught Sarah a little by surprise, but we did know each other way back when.

We left the house and I did all the proper things. I was trying to be a gentleman. I opened her doors and when we arrived at the restaurant, I pulled back her chair.

"Jerry thanks for the candy..."

"Sarah, I have to be honest with you. I originally bought it for Julie and the store wouldn't take it back."

Sarah laughed. "Jerry, I watched you in the mall at the store trying to take it back. That's the reason I let my girlfriends have it. You do know that it will all be gone before we get back. Thank you for being honest with me though."

"We're friends and I want to start out on the right foot. I do not intend to lie to you. When I told you that you are the most gorgeous woman I have ever met, I meant it."

I could see her blush. "I've never dressed like this before. I knew I was in competition with Julie and I wanted to look good for you."

"Stop this competition thing. You're not in competition and if you were, you would win, hands down. This is our date. Just you and me. No Julie, no comparisons. Now, can we order dinner?"

I watched as a beautiful smile crossed Sarah's face. If there was a competition, she knew she would have won. Must be a woman thing, I decided.

We were having a great time discussing our life and ambitions from grade school to now. It was surprising how much we had in common. I had to think back when my parents always told me I shouldn't just go with one girl. They told me I might miss the one who could be special.

I think they were right. Sarah was becoming very special to me already.

We headed over to the stage play and actually held hands through most of it. It was a comedy and just listening to her laugh made me do it too. I loved being with her.

After the play, I asked her if she wanted to go out for a drink and a little dancing.

"Jerry, I'm not old enough to drink; I'm only twenty."

"Can we go and you can drink a soda or something? I don't want to let you go so early."

She beamed and we headed to a nice lounge that had music and dancing. I ordered a beverage for Sarah and a beer for myself. The music started and I asked her to dance.

"I'm not the best dancer, but I'll give it a try, Jerry."

We got up and I held her close. She smelled so good and felt so soft. I pulled her even closer and she didn't stop me.

"Sarah, do you believe in love at first sight?"

She didn't answer right away. Then she said, "Jerry, I don't understand what you are saying. Are you talking about us or about love in general?"

"I don't really know. I'm kind of confused but I feel as if I love you, or at least I love being with you."

"Jerry, it's the rebound effect I was telling you about. It's about Julie ..."

"No it's not. It's about me and you. I never felt this way with Julie. It's different; I want you. I want to hold you, to kiss you and make love to you. I can't explain it."

"Jerry stop and think about what you are saying. This is the first time we've ever been out together."

"So you don't have the same feelings as I do?" I asked.

"I didn't say that, it's different with me."

"How is it different Sarah, in what way?"

"Jerry, I loved you or at least cared for you ever since I was a sophomore in high school. I told you that."

"No you didn't, you said you liked me since high school."

"Jerry, girls have crushes on guys all the time. You were the only one I ever had a crush on. Love, puppy love, like, I don't know what you want to call it. It's what I had with you.

"You were one of the few guys that always treated me nice, never nasty or vulgar. I always fantasized being with you and now I am."

We sat down and talked some more. Later we got up and danced all the slow dances just so we could be close. I felt the heat from our bodies. I wanted her so much.

It was now time for us to leave. When we got to the car, I opened her door, turned toward her, and took her in my arms. I kissed her gently. I know we both felt it and I kissed her again. Sarah had tears in her eyes so I asked her if she was all right.

"Jerry, I've never been happier. Where do we go from here?"

I wasn't sure how to answer her. I had a motel room but was it too soon for us. Now that I had found her, I didn't want to take a chance on losing her.

"Sarah, I want you like I never wanted any other woman. I don't know what to do so I'm leaving it up to you. You know that I have a motel room for tonight. I'm not going to press you in any way. I can either take you back to your dorm or you can come with me to the motel and I will make love to you."

I could tell she was in deep thought as she slipped into the car. I closed her door before getting in on my side. The wait for her to reply made me a nervous wreck.

"Jerry, do you really care for me? Are you sure Julie is in your past?"

"Sarah, I have very strong feelings for you. I would like to call it love because it feels like love. I'm being honest with you. Julie is in my past and I honestly hope you are in my future.

"I can wait to make love with you, if I have to. I want you but won't take a chance on losing you by pushing you too soon. This is our first date but I feel I have been waiting forever for you."

"Jerry, it's like a dream for me. I have waited in my dreams to hear you say this. I will go to the motel with you. Just understand that I'm going there with you because I really do care for you and always have. I'm putting my trust in you, please don't hurt me."

"Sarah, I don't know why I feel the way I do about you. I do believe I love you and I'm positive I want to be with you. I promise I will never do anything to hurt you."

I drove to the motel and as we entered the room, I kissed her before the door even closed. "I've never wanted any woman as much as I do you tonight," I said as I kissed her repeatedly.

She asked if it was all right to call her roommates so they wouldn't worry about her. I listened as she talked to them. It was easy to imagine what they were saying to her as she kept smiling and laughing.

"I won't be home tonight. I'm spending the night with Jerry." Sarah looked right at me as she spoke. "Yes, I'm sure it's the right thing to do."

Her next words made me chuckle.

"I know. I'll make sure he's protected," she said into the phone and blushed.

"Yes, he is cute. Okay, I'll thank him again for the candy. I figured you girls would eat it all."

The curve of her neck made me lose track of what she was saying. I couldn't wait to kiss her there.

"I'll be careful. I'll see you girls tomorrow. Yes, it is a happy Valentine's Day. Bye," she said as she hung up the phone and looked at me.

"I guess you could figure out what they were saying. They did eat all the chocolates and wanted me to thank you again for the..."

She had to stop talking because I began to kiss her again. She was so warm and soft that I couldn't get enough of her. I unzipped her dress while we were still kissing. She let it fall and stepped out of it. I bent down, picked it up, and folded it over the chair.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,672 Followers
12