Valley of Sinners Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Opening her shoulder bag she pulled out her classy, ridiculously expensive sunglasses and sat looking into the bag, poised like a fawn ready to scamper in panic. She was gazing at her mobile phone. She knew what to do, so without further emotional carry-on, did it; she phoned her immediate boss: “Al, it’s Lisa. I need to visit my Kiwi mum, so want to take next week off. Can you reassign my appointments if I brief you?”

“This is a bummer Lisa, but yes providing you partner me to the awards on Saturday week.”

“Yes, I will go with you. Thanks, you are a darling.”

That was easy. Al, married with twin infant sons, and Lisa had occasionally bonked in his office; Al’s wife, claiming her career had been ruined through pregnancy, was going through a period of keeping her legs closed.

Lisa then phoned the office’s travel agency and asked to be booked a flight to Auckland on Friday, returning the following Friday, with a medium-size rental car for the period between flights. After a brief wait Erin confirmed and Lisa decided to arrive home as a surprise.

She arrived in Auckland on Friday mid-morning and walked out to find her rental car, relieved that the summer temperature was more bearable that in Sydney with its current heat wave. It was a silver, almost new Toyota, and she drove off quietly with the air-con off and the windows down as this was Auckland, not Sydney – cooler with different smells in the air. She was seeking instant environmental re-immersion.

Entering the inner-city Lisa decided to go through Ponsonby and down the street where she’d lived for a summer before beginning her final year at university. During that break she worked for an employment agency – the same firm that found her a great job in the international agency’s Sydney office. The house looked so scruffy, disappointing Lisa. It had been the first time she’d lived away from home and she’d thought it was a wonderfully charming place in which to reside and party. God, how she and her four flat mates had partied!

Turning into the next street Lisa saw her mother’s Chevy pull out from where it had been parked beside a beautifully restored cottage. A woman about her mother’s age was waving goodbye – so, a new friend for mum, eh?

Lisa accelerated and blew the horn of the Toyota. The Chevy pulled over and Lisa became misty eyed seeing Rupert looking so spotless. She scurried to the driver’s door and opened it.

“Hi…”

The greeting died in her mouth. She was looking at a fair-headed man with a quizzical smile. She looked beyond him for her mother, but the passenger was a young busty woman in an unbelievably daring – for New Zealand – sundress. The plunging crossed-tied neckline fell well below her navel and there wasn’t a great deal of material before Lisa glimpsed very long, tanned exposed thighs.

“You want to make an offer – we’ll take a million bucks, love.”

Lisa gaped at this grinning man, an opportunist car thief.

She was even more startled when the young woman said, “Hullo Lisa; nice to see you home.”

Lisa peered at the young woman again, and recognized her – Maggie Tait’s daughter. How lush and grown up she’s become.

“Hullo Alayna, I didn’t recognize you for a moment.”

“Is this Hope’s Lisa?” said the overly confident man, looking at her appreciatively.

Lisa was not amused but Alayna eased the tension by introducing him as Nash Carson, her mother’s house guest.

“But I still don’t understand – you have my mother’s half-tonner. She won’t let anyone have it, and even I could only drive it if she accompanied me. Do you realize it is probably valued at almost fifty thousand American dollars?”

“All high-spec or coveted vehicles are expensive, Lisa,” said the man with irritating authority. “Your mother is in Hamilton overnight attending a flower show. Here, use her spare mobile to phone her – she has her phone with her. Press 888,”

Lisa snatched the phone and pressed 888 but paused, not pressing Send to connect her call, realizing that if she phoned it would spoil her surprise homecoming.

A highly modified cutdown Holden purred down the narrow street, carrying five apparently drunken or doped up louts. They yelled at Lisa, one rudely saying, “Nice ass!”

Lisa ignored them but as the car drew level the driver leaned out and pulled her light dress up to expose her knickers.

“Boys, this is prime butt; any takers?”

Lisa spun around and yelled after the slow moving vehicle, “Shove off, you assholes!”

The car continued on for about fifty yards and then stopped.

“Christ, they’re going to come back,” Nash called. He jumped out of the Chevy, dragging a long canvas bag.

“Alayna – can you drive the Chevy? You’ve had two lessons.”

She nodded. “I really want to wait with you Nash, but I’m scared. They look really mean guys.”

“Just drive into Ponsonby Rd and park alongside that restaurant where we took mum for lunch and wait for us. Do you think you can find it?

“Yes, dead easy. Take care Nash. I think I know what you have in mind. See you, Lisa.”

Lisa ignored the younger girl driving off. “What do you have in mind?”

“Finishing this off so they run and don’t bother us again. Are you courageous?”

“I believe so. Why?”

“You’re the one who’s studied psychology; you should be telling me what to do.”

“Run!”

“That’s exactly what they want us to do, to have the thrill of the chase as they run us down.”

“Jesus!”

“You don’t talk as ladylike as your mother does.”

“Mother doesn’t get into street crap like this. Oh God, the driver is revving the motor. They’re coming at us.”

“Good. Just do what I say, Lisa and don’t argue. Stand out in the middle of the road and look provocative, facing them.”

“Provocatively?”

“Yeah, left arm bent, leg straight, hand on the back of that hip. Front leg bent, heel raised and hand pulling up your dress quite some way, but don’t show it all.”

Lisa was now looking scared, her green eyes wide open.

“But that’s making me into rape bait, Nash. Are you mad?”

“Sorry Lisa, it’s the only thing I can think of at the moment. It should work, but be ready to leap out of the way if they charge – go in front of your rental car. The driver won’t want to spoil his custom paintwork.”

The threatening car began moving forward.

“What’s you plan, Nash?” she croaked. “It better work otherwise I’ll be a hospital case within the hour, if I live.”

“Good girl, Lisa. Hold steady. For fuck sake don’t look at me! I want them right up close so I can scare the crap out of them. I’m relying on you.”

Nash ducked behind the rental and unzipped his bag. He peered over the bonnet and caught the grinning faces of the five occupants close up. The three in the backseat were giving obscene hand gestures.

“Okay, Lisa. You can relax; your job is over Come behind this car. Pee on the grass verge if you need to.”

She was aghast he’d say such a thing.

Nash stepped forward with a broken shotgun, the grunty Holden only ten feet away. He snapped the over and under barrels shut, and looked ready for business, staring at the occupants of the vehicle that had stopped abruptly. The four passengers ducked down and the driver turned to look behind as he accelerated violently up the street and disappeared over the crest.
There was a screech of rubber as the car was turned sharply and more wheel spinning could be heard as it accelerated away.

Nash turned to Lisa smiling and placing the shotgun on its carry-bag rushed to her. She’d gone white and was shaking, almost about to faint. He hugged her tightly and she began to sob.

“It’s all right,” he crooned. “It’s over; you’re safe. We’ll not see those pricks again.”

First the shaking stopped then the sobbing died. Nash handed her his handkerchief.

She wiped her eyes, looking slightly clownish as the mascara had run and lipstick was spread well beyond her lips.

“Christ I almost need a change of underwear,” he said, causing the recovering young woman to laugh. “Welcome to Auckland,” she sighed.

“Don’t badmouth Auckland; most places in the world have motorized louts.”

“I guess that’s true. I think I can stand unassisted now.”

“You have a nice body.”

“And you have nice hands,” she said, this time giggling. “Please don’t say anything to mum about this incident.”

“Why not?”

“Because.”

“Because why?”

“Oh, I don’t know.”

“Lisa, if you want to normalize your relationship with your mother quickly, start afresh and pretend the past differences between you two didn’t happen. Be open, caring and loving and it will be reciprocated. I read about this kind of stuff.”

“Well…”

“Just do it, Lisa. Let’s go and find Alayna before she starts really worrying about us. She was thinking about the possibility of a gang rape.”

“Oh Nash, do you have to say that?”

“No, it was insensitive. I’m sorry I said it Lisa, truly.”

“Thanks, Nash. Let’s go. You drive as I’m still a little shaky.”


They drove silently for a while, and then Lisa said, “Nash, can I ask about your relationship with my mother? All I know is that you saved the Chevy being towed away by encouraging her to offer a bribe and that she took you to afternoon tea. Then what?”

“Lisa, this is her business; it’s not my business to tell you. I can confirm I am happily living in her house, sleeping in your grandfather’s former office/surgery. In case you are worried about your mother, I can assure you that she is in no danger, our relationship is purely platonic and that I have no designs on her. Neither do I have plans for her Chevy although I admit to being infatuated with it, nor have I designs on her house or the twelve acres that go with it.”

“Well, how frank you are. At least those assurances, if you are to be trusted, are a relief.”

“If I am to be trusted – didn’t you just put your total trust in me on the brink of being terribly treated?”

“Oh Nash,” she wailed. “Of course I did. I’m just emotionally drained and am not thinking straight. Redheads have a reputation for spiking themselves by occasionally acting irrationally. I am so sorry. I’m a stupid old cow.”

“You shouldn’t put yourself down like that – stupid young heifer, perhaps, but you’re not a stupid old cow.”

Lisa began giggling, and that became louder and louder.

“Lisa!” he shouted.

“What?” she asked, sitting forward in alarm.

“Is okay, just lie back here on my shoulder if you can. I think you came close to having hysterics then. Just relax, you’ve come through a terrible experience on that street plus you are a little wound up about coming face to face with your mother again.”

“You’re right. I must relax – relax Lisa. Nash?”

“Yes.”

“You spoke about mother owning twelve acres. Are you not aware that she still owns almost hundred acres of the original block purchased by granddad?

“Jesus!”

“A profanity but I guess it clearly describes your astonishment. All six blocks beyond her six acres she has leased to growers plus the site of the winery opposite the fourth block. The winery and the growers who have built on their leased lots all have agreements to purchase or to remove their buildings if they decide not to renew their leases. Mum’s worth quite a bit now, but if she ever sold title to all of those blocks she would be a millionaire. It’s prime land, Nash.”

They turned into Ponsonby Road and headed for the restaurant car park.

“Another thing to clear up, Nash. Why are you carrying a shotgun?”

“Your mother has taught me to shoot rabbits, and I wanted a shotgun like hers. So I ordered it and had my license processed. I was paid yesterday so I picked up my gun this morning.”

“What, mum pays you enough to go out and by a $600-plus shotgun?”

“Er, I dropped myself into that one, didn’t I? She pays me a weekly sum less than that, but Lisa please ask her about this; it’s her business.”

“May I apologize profusely Nash? From mum’s brief comments in her letter I took you to be a street bum. I had no right to make that assumption. You obviously are now in work and by refusing to explain why I believe your ethics may even be strong than mine. You also have courage, Nash. So why the fuck you are in my mother’s home I really don’t know and having the freedom to drive her beloved Chevy is beyond my understanding. But I guess it’s going to all unravel for me, given time. All I can say, Nash, is at this point I respect you. I could offer you money as this afternoon you practically saved my life, but I sense that would offend you. I would be willing to offer you my body, but that offer may also offend you.”

“Nice offer – the body, I mean Lisa; it looks terrific. But right now my allegiance is to Alayna; some other time, some other place, perhaps? “

“It’s not an offer I’ve made on the spur of the moment ever before, Nash. I take it you can accept the offer is now withdrawn?”

“Of course, Lisa; think nothing more of it. Here’s the restaurant.”

The headlight flickering of the Chevy signaled Alayna had seen them; she ran to the driver’s door.

“Are you all right, Lisa?” she asked, leaning in the driver’s open window and looking worried.

“We stared the bastards down and they retreated,” Nash said, not wishing to be more specific. “She’s okay, just a little exhausted. Let’s go home a get her into a bath then we’ll have some drinks and talk about happier times.”

“Yes,” Lisa sighed.

“Alayna, you drive this car and I’ll follow behind you two in the Chevy. You’re not a registered driver of the rental, but neither am I, so take extra care. I don’t think Lisa should drive.”

“Fine, Nash,” Alayna said, brushing her lips over his. I won’t tell mum that you scared the shitheads away with an unloaded shotgun.”

“What!” Lisa screeched. “You set up that confrontation with me as bait and with an unloaded shotgun!”

“Relax, Lisa,” Nash grinned, running a hand down her cheek. “Think of the story you can tell your children and your grandchildren.”

They all laughed and just inside an hour were safely home.


As arranged, Lisa called out that she was out of the bath and would be down in a couple of minutes, so Nash began making the first of three omelets. His cooking skills were almost non-existent, but he did omelets. Alayna was showering in Nash’s suite, having first unchained and fed Monty and phoned her mother saying she’ll be home late.

Lisa had stretched out in her old bath, feeling very much at home, as little in the bathroom or in her bedroom has changed, although she knew from her mother’s letter her bedroom is now called the guest bedroom.

Initially she was indignant thinking about that dangerous bluff with the shotgun, but then began accepting it as a worthwhile risk because the consequences of doing nothing were even worse. The bluff was solid as although she normally fancied herself as being a rather perceptive person, even she and had simply assumed the shotgun was loaded.

It had not fazed her having thought her mother might have gone down a generation to have a very much younger man in her bed. After all, he’s rather good looking, spoke well with the right mix of passion and sensitivity and looked fit enough to be a real goer; just the right sort of fellow for her mother. In fact, she had rather fancied him herself after he’d completely defused her hostility and then went on to save her from Hell. That’s why she offered to sleep with him as a way of saying thanks, which was only partly true. She also wanted to find out if he is a real goer.

Sorry, Nash, she titivated herself that I am not attracted to you just for your brain. Why he’d found it difficult to find suitable employment was beyond belief. His education appeared fairly basic, but he was confident, extremely confident as shown this afternoon, articulate and displayed an engaging personality. She could easily have him placed in banking or insurance in Sydney provided he possessed some office experience and was computer literate. Obviously he had managerial instincts as he’d been able to get her doing exactly what he wanted on that street without screaming at her and causing her to panic further. In fact he’d calmed her and had talked her through her role with the skill of a movie director. She wondered if he liked movies – she was practically addicted. Tough if he liked movies as that would be one thing he and her mother did not have in common.

Lisa wonders if Nash would have company in his bed that night. Alayna told her on the drive home, without any embarrassment, that she’d stayed with him the previous night ‘with Mrs Honeybun’s knowledge – in fact she’d set it up’. Her mother setting him up with a lush looking babe like Alayna! That seemed vintage mother. At least within the next twenty-four hours she’d know about this mysterious relationship between Mr Carson and her mother, a relationship that apparently devoid of sex.

Ten minutes later Lisa walked down for drinks, wearing only a fabulous long blue nightdress. It has an attached chopper shelf bra that prevented her breasts from bouncing around like ping pong balls going down the stairs and the material was just thick enough to hide the fact that there was no panty line. She’d laid out her old dressing gown on the bed, but had decided not to wear it.

Almost without thinking she’d sat down at the dresser, tied her long hair into a pony tail, and applied full make-up. As she finished Lisa realized she was not going to all this trouble to just make an impression, she was trying to outshine Alayna.

The effort was mostly wasted. There was no instant impression registered because Nash has his back to her putting chopped onion, tomato, cheese and parsley into three omelets and then rolling them while Alayna was on her knees beside Nash cleaning up the spattering from two eggs that he must have dropped. Lisa couldn’t prevent the thought did Nash like his women on their knees, tush turned up. She blushed furiously

Alayna stood up, looking sharply at Lisa before smiling and saying, “You look lovely.”

“Oh hi, Lisa, that blue of your nightdress is a nice shade,” was the contribution of the cook.

No, she need not have bothered. Alayna’s hair was still sopping well from the shower, she had no make-up on apart from lipstick and she was wearing baggy jeans and one of those invitation T-shirts with the words F * * K Me in big lettering. Really!

Surprisingly, the omelets were delicious, with both women complimenting the cook.

“Alayna’s rustling up some real food later, but I thought we should have a snack before drinking as we’ve had a rather traumatic afternoon,” Nash said, pouring three glasses of Vet’s C-Block Estate Red. “Personally, I thought I was in the greatest danger when I was accosted by someone and virtually accused of being unlawfully in possession of her mum’s half-tonner.”

Caught by surprise just as she had taken a hearty swig of red, Lisa laughed sending a flow of wine across the narrow kitchen table and over the lettering of Alayna’s T-shirt.

“Don’t you like the tee-shirt?” Nash chortled and the two women burst into unrestrained laughter.

Alayna left the table saying she’ll have to change into one of Nash’s T-shirts.

“I need to wash out the red wine before it stains it,” she said. “I usually seem to get lucky when I wear this top for some reason.”

“She’s a great girl,” Lisa said quietly to Nash. “I used to be her sitter when she was young. She’d become one of the most popular girls at school for – ah, how do I say this delicately – gaining a reputation for being very good at it.”

“All of us have some skills,” Nash mused, leaving Lisa not knowing how to answer that without risking making some sort of confession.

Alayna returned wearing Nash’s pub T-shirt with the wording, ‘University Degree in Penetration,’ No-one was rude enough to comment.

Three bottles of red later, with the remains of steak sandwiches and salad going into a pail used to take food to the poultry house, Nash said he’d better run Alayna home as she had a 7:30 start in the morning. The women kissed and Nash kissed Lisa goodnight on the cheek.