Valley of Sinners Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hold it, you've missed the most crucial part – my thighs above my knees are the most vulnerable part for sunburn and you scarcely moved up above my knees."

"Sorry," he murmured, squeezing more tanning cream into his palm. Attempting to visualize an endless desert of nothing but wind-swept sand dunes he went about his task methodically, even raising the elastic edging of her panties to apply cream there. She raised her butt to assist, almost crashing it against his forehead as he peered down, trying not to get the cream against the fabric. He slapped her butt and announced he was finished.

"Thanks – done with unexpected professionalism," she said. "Wake me at noon, as we're due at the regional centre for lunch at 1:15. Thomas Brewster wants to discuss business on behalf of a client, and I guess the client may be with him. I told him he should take me for lunch and that I'd have my business affairs manager with me – that's you."

"Me?"

"Yes."

"But I know nothing about business."

"So what? You've got the right sort of mind for it, you're devious, and a reasonable negotiator and you can think ahead, perhaps even better than I can, which is saying something. Besides, I don't wish to be out-numbered if he has that slob Tremain Hausman with him."

"Oh, Catherine's husband?"

"Yes," Hope said in surprise. "How do you know her? She's a virtual recluse."

"I went to see her about her father, saying that I was staying with you and was preparing to write a history of your family."

"But she never sees anyone, Tremain does the talking."

"I was told that, but I waited until I saw her husband leave on a walk over the farm with a brute of a dog and went to the back of her house where Mimi..."

"Mimi, you know Mimi Bronkovic?"

"Yes, I sit with her and Alayna in the coffee shop."

Hope rose, looking at him sharply. "And you go to the coffee shop? When is this?"

"Most mornings, six days a week when Monty and I walk to the village to collect the bread, milk and newspaper; I call in to say hello to Alayna who at that time is usually having coffee after setting up. Mimi occasionally comes in and joins us. When Alayna has a late start Sally presides at the table. I first met Mimi at the winery."

Sitting right up now, Hope looks most concerned. "Now look here. I don't wish to sound like an over-concerned mother but you have placed yourself in a very risky situation. Men don't talk to Bronkovic women without Bronkovic men being in attendance, and you, Mr Naïve, have picked the most volatile husband of all – Neven."

"I know, Alayna warned me quietly about the risk but it's time the Bronkovic men realized this is the 21st Century, not the 17th."

"Nash Carson, you must promise me that you will not sit at a table ever again with Mimi unless one of the Bronkovic men is at that table."

"Stuff that, Hope. It's a free world. Catherine Hausman has gone on about me having a good face to paint and asked for my phone number but Mimi who is attempting to following in the footsteps of her artistic late mother-in-law, has already asked for me to sit with her soon; she thinks that I have a wild look about me that captures colonial character, whatever that means."

Hope looked at him, shaking her head. "My boy, this valley contains two dangerous men – Neven and Hausman; you are all set to get up the nose of both of them in the worst way possible. I simply cannot believe this."

"Well then, you come with me if Catherine wants me to sit for her, and you have your chance to get Neven to trust me. Catherine indicated she wants to give me something if she decides to have me sit for her."

"Then if that gift is bestowed between the sheets, that it will be the last sex act of your life if Tremain gets to hear about it, and he will."

"Don't be so melodramatic and assuming. She's thinking about a sitting fee of a fifty bucks."

"Well, don't say you weren't warned."

Half an hour later Hope said, "I'm going up for a leisurely shower. Coming?"

"What, to shower with you?"

Hope looked at him thoughtfully. "Actually, I meant are you coming inside."

"Got you going there, didn't I? I'll stay and do another fifteen minutes transcribing. I haven't had much time this morning what with all this exciting conversation and rubbing your rather nice thighs."

Hiding her face, Hope said, "You live dangerously, Nash; very dangerously indeed."

To Be Continued.