Vampire Civilization Ch. 09

Story Info
African vampire warrior faces the human army.
1.4k words
2.33
1.8k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The soldiers who follow U.S. Army Colonel Amelia McGrath make no difference between civilized vampires like ourselves and renegade ones," Hiram said, speaking to his son Erebus. Tall, dark-haired and bronze-skinned, the Arabian-born vampire overlord and his progeny stood in the tech center of their enclave near what was once Boston, Massachusetts. A smart ruler keeps track of his enemies as well as his friends, it is a good way to avoid nasty surprises.

Hiram and Erebus sensed trouble brewing in the human and vampire realms, and wanted to stay ahead of the game. The survival of their entire species depended on it. With their beloved matriarch Lady Nadia away in Europe, Hiram and Erebus had to be more vigilant than ever. The two vampires watched a recording of a battle in Michigan during which human soldiers slaughtered the vampires who served Lady Adrianna of the Sacred Vine. As savage as the supposedly inhuman enemy they fought, the soldiers showed no mercy, dragging the vampires into the light of day.

"Such cowards they are, Father," Erebus said, his deep voice rumbling, and the towering, dark-skinned African vampire scowled angrily. Hiram sympathized with his son, for the scenes unfolding on the video camera feed were hard to watch, even for ancient immortals like themselves. Was there absolutely no end to human cruelty and human brutality? Father and son watched on tape as their brethren were slaughtered. The vampires tried to defend themselves but the military men and women storming the compound did so right after dawn, when the undead were at their absolute weakest.

"How dare you?" cried Lady Adrianna, and the six-foot-tall, red-haired, alabaster-skinned female vampire went after her tormentors with a vengeance. Hiram had met Lady Adrianna a few times before. She'd been born in what would be known as the Galway region of Ireland, circa 1290 and became a vampire in the summer of 1320. Lady Adrianna's Maker had been none other than Rama, one of the legendary Elders who ruled the entire vampire species.

As one of the oldest vampires left on the planet, Lady Adrianna was more resistant to sunlight than most of her brood. Lady Adrianna ruled a place called the Sacred Vine, where two hundred vampires and five thousand humans lived peacefully. The humans were allowed to live freely, the only rule was that they had to give some blood to their vampire benefactors once a month. The vampires protected the humans from marauders and post-apocalyptic psychopaths and warlords, and the Sacred Vine actually experienced some population growth, unlike most human strongholds in the post nuclear age. Of course, the human warriors had to come along and ruin everything...

"We dare," taunted a human soldier, a dark-skinned man who brandished a high-powered, futuristic weapon. The man aimed the gun at Lady Adrianna, who came for him, fangs bared and claws extended. The man fired, and a beam of energy struck Lady Adrianna, causing her to shriek in pain. Hiram and Erebus watched, amazed, as the beam caused the ancient female vampire to wither before their very eyes. Burnt and weakened, Lady Adrianna fell to her knees. Surrounded by gun-toting soldiers, the regal female vampire struggled to rise to her feet...

"Finish the bitch, Lucius," said a tall, alabaster-skinned, attractive, athletic brunette woman in military garb as she seemingly materialized beside the tall, dark-skinned soldier. A cheer went up among the soldiers, for this woman was obviously their leader. Hiram tensed, and Erebus bristled, for these age-old vampire warriors hadn't lived for these many centuries without being capable of instantly recognizing their enemies. No need for a brochure to spot U.S. Army Colonel Amelia McGrath, the bane of the vampire nation.

"You've got it, Amelia," Lucius said, and he gestured for his fellow soldiers to concentrate their fire on the still-moving figure of Lady Adrianna, vampire matriarch and ruler of the now fallen Sacred Vine enclave. The soldiers turned their high-tech guns to the maximum and fired upon Lady Adrianna, and they didn't let up until the once magnificent vampire was reduced to a pile of ash. The humans then mercilessly scattered the ashes, doubtless due to their mistaken belief that vampires could come back from the dead...

"I am so proud of you, my love," said U.S. Army Colonel Amelia McGrath as she embraced her lover Captain Lucius Crowley. The two military leaders addressed their confederates as the slaughter continued around them. Much to Hiram and Erebus surprise, some of the human inhabitants of the Sacred Vine pleaded with the soldiers not to slaughter their vampire guardians, but to no avail. By midday, every vampire within the Sacred Vine had been killed, reduced to ash by the bloodthirsty human soldiers.

"I've seen enough," Erebus said, and the tall African vampire shut off the recording, and shrugged when his father Hiram glared at him angrily. Hiram sighed, and Erebus hissed, his frustration and anger clearly evident. Erebus has always been a fighter, and he'd rather be leading an army of vampires against the human soldiers than cowering in a sunproof bunker, watching videos of his vampire brethren getting slaughtered. Erebus saw the look of consternation on his father's face and grimaced, knowing he'd overstepped some boundaries.

"Father, I apologize, please, let me get some of our best warriors and get rid of this Colonel woman and her pathetic so-called soldiers," Erebus said, and Hiram shook his head vehemently. Hiram is one of the oldest vampires on the planet, with only the three female vampire Elders, Rama, Amore and Lilac surpassing him in age. He hadn't lived this long by being anything other than smart, ruthless and careful when he needed to be. Let his son Erebus be brash if he wanted to do, Hiram still intended to live under the stars turned cold...

"Erebus, my son, you will do no such thing," Hiram said firmly, and Erebus bristled, but nodded his acquiescence. There was a strict chain of command among the vampires of the Enclave led by Hiram, and none are above it. Hiram smiled at his son, and then began formulating a plan of action. With the humans hostile and on the offensive, the vampires had better prepare to face their enemies, lest they remain complacent and doom their entire species to extinction.

"I will double the number of mines and traps surrounding our compound," Erebus told his father, after hearing of the former's plans. Hiram nodded and smiled as Erebus departed at once, with some of his top vampire warriors. They did as they were told, laying scores of land mines, and other booby traps around the compound. The kind of stuff that could injure but not kill a vampire, but was absolutely lethal to humans. Hiram and his brood would not be caught by surprise.

After Erebus departure, Hiram sat on his bed, in his private chambers. He thought of his beloved wife, Lady Nadia, the beautiful West African woman whom he turned into one of the undead, eons ago. Lady Nadia was in Europe somewhere, with her vampire handmaiden Noor as her only protector. Erebus knew his wife was still living, but knew little else beyond that. That's why, when his computer emitted a special ping alerting him to an email from her, the ancient vampire nearly jumped out of his skin.

"Beloved, I have made it safely to North America," Lady Nadia said, speaking through the video link. Hiram sat up, and smiled at his beloved lady. He could see Noor in the background. The two female vampires were at a hangar somewhere in the northeastern United States. In spite of the communications nightmare, the nearly global blackout and the transportation issues, Lady Nadia and Noor were in the U.S. If Hiram's heart still beat, it would have thundered in his chest. The ancient vampire inclined his head as he welcomed his wife back into the fold.

"Lady Nadia, soul of my soul, welcome back, tell me where you are and I will move heaven, earth and hell to come to you," Hiram said, and Lady Nadia smiled and nodded. Hiram let out a happy sigh after concluding communications with his wife. He couldn't wait for their son Erebus to return, so he could share the good news. Even in this post-apocalyptic nightmare, where nuclear fallout poisons everything in existence, family is everything. Hiram looked forward to facing his enemies, formidable though they may be. With his wife Lady Nadia and their son Erebus by his side, the ancient vampire known as Hiram felt nearly invincible. Let the games commence...