Venus Ascending Pt. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

John turned his attention back to the assembled group of writers, only to see them all mesmerized by the space battle going on. John cleared his throat and said, "Get busy, get that stuff written and distributed on social media as soon as you can. We don't know how much time we have left and we're counting on you guys to sway public opinion."

John looked at all the monitors, wondering if he had done the right thing. There was so much destruction and loss of life and he couldn't help wondering if there had been another way to accomplish what needed to be done. He thought back to Lisa and all the horrible things they had done to or planned for her, but she was only one of the many victims of the Council. He knew this was the right thing, but he wished there was a way to accomplish it without so much destruction or bloodshed.

He was snapped out of his reverie as one of the flight technicians shook his shoulder. He leaned over and whispered in his ear, "Sir, all the waste containers have passed the 30 minute to impact point. We have already broadcast the warnings to everyone. The South African container will hit first and impact should be in less than 10 minutes. It's 30 minutes to impact for the two North American containers."

John tiredly nodded his head, understanding what he was being told. Again the destruction grated on him. As an engineer his job was to build things not destroy them and he felt profoundly sad at the destruction he was being forced to commit. The people that were dying were the worst and while facilities could be rebuilt, lives could not.

John started to turn away when the floor beneath him vibrated with a concussive blast. He looked up at the internal surveillance monitors and saw the mercenaries had broken through into the deck above them. He grabbed one of the makeshift shotguns and began running towards the hospital. He yelled at everyone he passed telling them, "Get ready their coming, get ready their coming!"

When he arrived at the makeshift hospital the doctors were moving patients as far away from the portals as they could. John joined in helping to move the sick and wounded. Everyone left Lisa for him knowing this was something he would want to do. He knelt by her mattress and gently caressed her face. She was still sleeping off the pain medication and he stared at her for a couple of minutes.

He felt so much love for her that it just overpowered him. Looking at her just tugged at his heart and made him feel things he had never felt before in his life. She had freely given her heart and body to him. She had surrendered herself to him and pleaded with him to do with her as he pleased. That passion had made him a slave to her desires and the responsibilities that went with it. His ownership of her had enslaved his heart and as much as he owned her, she also owned him. He knew deep down her submission could never be enforced, because it's freely given and her heart tells her when she's ready to be conquered by him.

He scooped her into his arms, cradling her against his chest. Again he was glad, they were on Venus because the light gravity allowed him to spend a long time cuddling her in his arms. As he was walking to the back of the makeshift hospital, Lisa snuggled against him in her sleep. He felt her arms reflexively clutching at him as she whimpered his name.

He slowly carried her to the back wall when the portal explosively ripped open. The blast knocked John to his knees, but he never lost his old on Lisa. He quickly placed her against the back wall and turned to face the new threat.

Two space suited figures burst through the opening and began firing their automatic weapons. John saw bodies in front of him being shredded by the automatic fire and he quickly let loose the blast from his own weapon. The lead mercenary's spacesuit was torn apart as all the pellets from his weapon ripped through him, and he collapsed on the deck. John moved his body in front of Lisa and began the process of reloading his blunderbuss. He knew there was no way he can get his weapon reloaded before the other mercenary filled him full of holes.

Nonetheless, he had to try and if nothing else his body should block Lisa from being shot. The mercenary raised his gun and John saw muzzle flashes just before the mercenaries space helmet separated from the rest of his body. John felt the searing impacts on his body, pain in his side and he collapsed as his body seemed unable to hold his weight anymore. He crawled over Lisa shielding her with his body. As his vision faded towards the blackness, his worry about Lisa's wellbeing was the last thing in his mind.


Chapter 38

John woke up fully expecting to be dead and maybe he was. After all there was this Angel curled up in bed with him. She smelled wonderful with her soft satiny skin caressing his, but her luxurious silky hair was curled around his face making it difficult to breathe. John turned his head, took a deep breath and immediately felt sharp's stabs of pain in his chest. He groaned as he expelled his breath and that roused Lisa from her sleep.

Lisa pulled her head back, dragging her hair with her and uncovering his face. She immediately grabbed his face in her hands began smothering him with kisses, tears and whimpers of joy. "John, oh my God John, your back! You scared me so badly; promise to never do that again!"

John was still struggling to catch his breath, with sharp pains stabbing him every time he tried to breathe. In a weak a raspy voice he said, "What happened? The last thing I remember was being shot!"

Lisa propped herself over him so she could look into his eyes. She stared at him for what seemed like a long time, but not long enough, pouring out her love through her eyes into his. When she woke to find him bleeding, barely breathing, lying across her, she almost died. It was the worst feeling in the entire world.

Throughout her life she met many people and some left lasting impressions. Then she met the one that affected her like no other. They could talk all night and never get bored, making love is a new experience every time and she could tell him her most intimate secrets, but he would never judge. This was the person she was meant to be with, her best friend, her soul mate, her master and her most incredible lover. John was that person in her life and he had spoiled her, giving her a life she had only dreamed of.

He was her whole reason for living, to see him bleeding and close to death was almost more than she could bear. He had already proven that he would sacrifice himself to save her and she knew given a choice she would do the same for him. She would give him anything and had freely given the greatest gifts she had to give; her heart, body and the gift of her submission.

Seeing him wake up almost made her heart jump out of her chest. It was joy, relief, happiness and jubilation all rolled into one. Lisa leaned over and nibbled on his lips while whispering, "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you! Promise to never leave me again? "

Lisa pulled back from his lips and stared into his eyes. There was a mixture of love and joy from seeing her, but there was also pain and confusion. She remembered his question and finally answered him, "First off baby I'm telling you this like they told it to me, because I was still unconscious until it was all over. When the second mercenary shot you, one of the "Sewer Rats" shot him and that was the last of the mercenaries."

"You were shot twice, one on the left side that just passed through and one on the right side that ricocheted off of one of your ribs, breaking it. They discovered later that the mercenaries were using half loads on their bullets to minimize damage to the space station. All the ruckus woke me up and I found you still trying to protect me even though you were shot and bleeding all over me."

John looked at her softly and ask, "How are you feeling baby?"

Lisa snuggled back into his arms, careful not to lie on his chest and said, "Scars from the whips hurt whenever I move and sometimes the knife wound hurts when I breathe. However nothing hurt like the thought of losing you. Seeing you lying there bleeding was the worst feeling in the world. I thought you were dead and I wanted to die with you. John, Master, love of my life, you can't ever do anything like that again, please, please master, don't ever do it again!"

John knew he could never promise anything like that. If it happened again he would've done exactly the same thing. He loved her with all his heart and protecting her with his very life goes with the territory. So he changed the subject, "What's going on with the fighting?"

Lisa looked at him and then shrugged her shoulders, "I know that all the explosions have stopped and everybody seems to be a lot more at ease. A lot of people keep coming by to check on you, but that's about all I know."

John settled back on his mattress and pulled the only thing that mattered to him back into his arms. John felt Lisa began to twitch as she fell back asleep in his arms. John had a harder time falling back to sleep and he was just drifting off when Ken knelt beside his mattress and said, "How are you doing me Bucko?"

John gave a lopsided grin and responded, "Now that nobody shooting at Lisa and I have her curled in my arms, I'm good."

Ken chuckled, "Yeah you don't know it, but you become a sex symbol back on earth. Any man that will go to war to protect his woman has captured the hearts and minds of the whole planet. So if you ever get tired of this slip of a girl you will have a line around the block for women wanting to take her place."

John pulled her tighter into his arms and he could hear Lisa doing that contended purr of hers. He gave her a gentle kiss on the top of her head and said, "No way, she may not be perfect but she's perfect for me." John turned to look at Ken and ask, "So where are we and what's going on?"

Ken snickered a little bit then responded, "Well the UN did pass a resolution calling for a cease-fire and condemning the Council's atrocities. However, they were too late. You know John we never really thought of the Council having bosses, but they do. Apparently the members of the cartel got together in emergency session and fired all of the Council."

"For the most part they agreed to with our declaration of independence and our list of grievances. They are sending one of the few remaining space planes up to take George, Sean, me and the entire legal staff down to a meeting. Our little show of force put a huge dent in the space launch and control capabilities back on earth. We will be there for however long it takes to hammer out an agreement and we have their word no other attempts will be made to take over Venus."

Ken got a big wide grin on his face as he added, "They only had one request, that you not be part of the negotiating team. All of us were ecstatic with that condition; we were really tired of you trying to boss us all around."

John smiled back, "I'm okay with that. It gives Lisa and I a chance to heal together. To be honest I'm a terrible negotiator anyway and I never really wanted this, but they would not leave her alone." John smiled faded and he grew serious as he added, "I still don't trust them, so I want you guys to check in with us every night and use all of our departments discretionary funds to hire you some security personnel."

Ken patted him on the shoulder making him wince with pain. Ken smiled a little bit and said, "You know you're not the only smart person here, we had already thought of all of that. Besides, we all took a vote and you were nominated the project leader on trying to fix all the things you broke during your little revolution. So get well fast because you've got a lot of work ahead of you.

John looked over at Ken and reached out to grab his arm. He looked him straight in the eye and said, "Ken we have to do something for the "Sewer Rats". They have saved countless lives including mine and Lisa's at least twice. I will find out what they want, bonuses, better jobs or even a statue in the common area. We have to do something special for them!"

Ken nodded his agreement as he stood up and walked away leaving John with his precious gift wrapped in his arms. He kissed her head again, squeezing her tightly in his arms. John ran his hands over her lightly covered form, caressing her lovingly. He pulled her up his body until her lips were next to his and after nibbling on her lips he whispered, "Get well soon my love, we have some unfinished business. I remember some promises about making babies, and I'm going to hold you to them."

Her radiant smile split Lisa's face as she breathed, "MMMMMMMMM, Oh yes master."

The End