Verna and Clyde Truesdale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RC1960
RC1960
35 Followers

******

After my wife had come out of the shower I nodded for Marlon to take his. I wanted him to get cleaned up and get out. But, Verna had other ideas. We talked while she put on her nightgown, and while he was in the shower.

"Come on, Clyde, we can at least let him have the downstairs guest room for tonight. He kept up his end. Right?" I didn't like it, but I signaled my okay. All right, Verna, but no getting up and visiting him during the night.

"No, no visiting him. But, we can all have Sunday breakfast together in the morning, right?" She was really testing the waters. I had to reevaluate my feelings toward Marlon. He'd gone along with everything Verna had wanted. It was clear to me that he was just another pussywhipped guy like; well, like me.

******

Breakfast was quiet, but not uncomfortable. The small talk was—well—small, and the elephant in the room was never mentioned. What elephant? Simple: would a meeting like the one the night before ever happen again, or, put another way, would Marlon become de facto history or would he become a de facto member of the family, that if not an actual legal member of it? Of course, a second question would inevitably follow: who would be making that decision one way or the other?

Breakfast done and the kitchen cleaned up, Marlon said his goodbyes and left. He did not attempt to kiss Verna, not even on the cheek; he did tender me a long look before he turned and headed out, the door closing behind him.

"Second cup of coffee?" she said.

"Yeah, I guess,' I said.

"Let's take it out to the patio. Okay?" she said. I nodded my agreement.

She poured our seconds and I followed her carrying the percolator outside—well I never got enough coffee. We sat across from each other under the umbrella protected deck table; the sun was beginning to warm the air around us. She smiled. I smiled. It was the moment of truth and we both knew it.

"Well?" she said. I knew what she meant. I knew we had to talk. Trouble was I didn't know what to say. I think she did, but I did not.

"I don't know," I said, finally. "It, the night, was okay. I will grant that you, and he, kept up your end of the bargain. You did pushed the envelope more thana little toward the end. Me getting sloppy seconds was no part of the original deal, and you know it."

"Okay, guilty, but you didn't call me on it. I was ready to back off if you had. But, you didn't." I grimaced my agreement.

"So, where do we go from here? Will there be a next time. Did you hate it, or, any part of it?" she said.

Well there it was: the soft glove challenge. What I said next might lock me into something I didn't like or put a definite period on our marriage. "Truthfully, Verna, I don't know what I think—want—at least for the moment. It wasn't as bad as I feared it would be; I mean him doing you and messin' with me. I guess I would have to say that he behaved himself, if one could even describe what he did in that vein.

"Can I ask, how would you analyze last night's goings on," I said. She smirked.

"Overall it was fun, I think. I think for all us it was fun. As I said before, I know you were looking at the revenge factor in becoming a part of it. I think, too, you were trying hard to match up with him stroke for stroke when you were fucking me.

"Him? I think he was able to get his end done without becoming too—something. I mean him having to suck you off and all," she said.

"You know the man," I said. "What do you think he'll be asking, saying, when you talk to him. I assume you will be talking to him at some point."

"Yes, I'll be speaking to him soon. That's a given," she said. "How can I not after he kept his word and did what I asked him to, what you asked him to."

"Hmm. Well, what if I say, you know, we're even now, that the marriage was saved; but, that's it, no more Marlon, no more threesomes, no more foolin' around behind my back. What if I put the period on anymore of this stuff?" I said.

"That what you're thinkin' of doing, Clyde?" she said.

"If you don't mind, Verna, let's not be answering my questions you're your questions, okay. I've been straight up with you. Just give it to me straight too. If I say I need and will accept none other than a one-man woman forevermore, will that be an end to your games or not?" I said. She looked at me for some moments before replying.

"You've got your postnup signed and duly notarized, Clyde. I mess around without your permission my ass is grass; I know it. So, Clyde, what I'm about to say is the bottom line for me.

"Last night you showed me, and I might add him, that you can be pretty good in the sack if you put your mind to it. But, that said, Clyde; he really is better than you, a lot better, and I would hate to have to give him up. I mean even though I have a lot to lose."

"Hmm, yes, and you do have a lot to lose, Verna," I said. She sighrd and looked a little sad.

"Okay, Clyde, I will not be fucking him or anyone else without your express permission. I'll hate it, if I can't get your permission, but I will abide by my word here if that's the way it has to be.

"But, I am asking you straight, Clyde. Can I have your permission to fuck him from time to time? You'd be welcome to join in of course whenever it suited you," she said. I paused, my turn to look long at her.

Why did I feel so trapped, and I did? "How often is 'from time to time'," I said. She smiled, looked giddy; she sensed that I was capitulating.

"Your choice, your limits," she said.

"Once every couple of weeks?" I said.

She leapt out of her chair and came to me, landing on my lap and wrapping her arms tightly around my neck. "God How I love you, my husband. And, you are my husband, my only husband. Whatever I do with Marlon, Clyde, he will know that you are the only man I love. I mean it!" she said.

"Clyde?" she said, seeming afraid to continue.

"Yes?" I said.

"Would you...?" I knew exactly what she wanted to ask.

"Maybe, sometimes, not every time, but sometimes. That said, I might change my mind about that too. I just don't know," I said.

"Can he come here to the house sometimes, you know, just to visit not for anything else?" she said.

"Yeah, I guess so," I said.

"Clyde, I don't know if I need to say this or not. But, I promise to never rub your nose in it; I mean him doing me. No more sloppy seconds for you, unless you specifically ask for them. I swear to you to keep my word, Clyde."

And, she did keep her word. She met with him a few days later and they talked as she had indicated that she would. I knew that they'd probably made a date at the same time. What I also knew—or more accurately experienced—was that my decision, and it had been mine in the end, marked the beginning of a wildly improved sex life for us, Verna and me. She seemed almost frantic in her desire to please me. Well, there are upsides to almost anything, I guess.

Did I join in their escapades. Twice so far. Occasionally is enough for me. The future? Don't know. But, for the time being things are looking okay.

******

RC1960
RC1960
35 Followers