Virtual Life Experience Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Charlie tells me you think we should jump on this 'care package' idea. We've talked it over and we agree that it offers a unique opportunity to gain back some of the public's trust. I want you to work with Off-World Transport and recommend the right shipment. Get the girl involved, too. That will play well with the media."

"The girl?"

"Yes, the college girl that started the petition."

"Yes sir." Leo thought this was a bad idea, but he wasn't about to say that to a VP. The girl was likely a liberal corporate hater.

Antola

Jason and Nikki ate for several days from the rain-dragon carcass, then dried about a pound of meat to take with them. They needed to move on because there was no suitable shelter in the area, unless they built one from scratch. They had been taking turns sleeping and keeping watch under a small rock outcropping.

They struck out northward and traveled for several days. The character of the land changed slowly, with the vegetation becoming less dense and harder stemmed and the ground more rocky. They were gradually gaining elevation. All traces of the devastation caused by the black swarm had disappeared.

Toward the end of the fourth day, Jason saw nothing but sky up ahead through the vegetation. They emerged on the precipice of a thousand foot sheer drop-off. Below and stretching out almost as far as the eye could see was a grassy plain, dotted with occasional clusters of larger plants and split by a river and its network of tributaries, glistening in the sunlight.

Vast herds of grazing animals were spread across the plain. It reminded Jason of the virtual African safari he had taken in college. The graphics quality had been poor, as the imaging data it was based on was more than 60 years old, but it was still breathtaking. He felt that same sense of wonder as he looked out on the thousands of animals spread out over the grassland.

"Wow," said Nikki. Jason thought that pretty much summed it up.

"Holy shit, Jason, look!" She pointed toward the hills far in the distance. At first, Jason didn't see what she was pointing at. "At the base of those distant hills," she clarified.

Jason was stunned. What he saw turned his whole perception of this world upside down.

"My god . . . it's a city."