Virtual Reality: Dragon Quest V

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LesLumens
LesLumens
1,292 Followers

As I turned back to the stage, watching the next set of dancers strut out, one of those who had just stepped down from the stage sauntered over to our table and asked the same question. Mercurio's eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head.

Nodding toward him, I pushed a pair of coins across the table toward the dancer. She picked up the coins and knelt down, surrounding Mercurio's smiling face with her breasts. He let out a content sigh and slumped in the chair when she released him. When she glanced at me, I shook my head slightly in the negative, drawing a pout from her. She perked up when I pushed her an additional coin by way of apology.

It continued much the same for around an hour. Six dancers massaged Mercurio with their ample attributes, and he looked as though he was about to pass out. When I heard a slightly nervous voice over my shoulder ask the now familiar question, I turned to see a dancer that had really caught my eye on the stage. She was young, blonde, and lithe, with large, perfectly shaped breasts. Thinking that Mercurio had probably endured about all the teasing he could handle, I started to offer her a coin and politely decline.

She surprised me by leaning in close and whispering, "Please. I'm new, and if you will let me give you a Puff Puff massage, it will impress my boss. You're very handsome and I would really like to."

I could see some of the dancers glancing in our direction, and assumed that they were interested to see if the blonde would succeed where others had failed.

Smiling, I pulled out two additional coins, three times the normal amount of the tip, and passed them to the blonde dancer -- fanned out so all three were plainly visible to anyone watching.

Her smile was as blissful as Mercurio's when she accepted the coins and knelt down to lean toward me. I have to admit that the soft feeling of her young breasts wrapped around my face was pretty amazing. On a whim, I softly kissed each globe with a twist of my lips. She let out a little gasp with the first kiss, and then purred when I delivered the second. She then whispered, "Thank you," before releasing me from the warm nest of her bosom.

"Thank you," I countered and offered her yet another coin. I let out a little chuckle when I saw most of the dancers passing by the blonde to congratulate her. A few did stare with obvious jealousy in her direction, though.

I told Mercurio that I was headed for a bathroom break a minute or so later, and I was greeted by a provocatively dressed young woman as soon as I walked back into the back room of the club. "Hey there, handsome. How would you like more than a tease? I can give you a lot more for that coin you're passing around than you're getting."

Glancing over at Mercurio, I chuckled and said, "I'll tell you what -- why don't you show my friend a good time instead? I've been paying for the dancers to torture him all night, so it's only fair."

"It's your coin, honey," she replied with a smile. "I'm sure there will be plenty of time once he's snoozing..." She licked her lips as she trailed off.

"Unfortunately, I just need to get to the snoozing part." I smiled when her eyes widened as I let coin fall into her hand. "Just take good care of him."

I walked back over to the table with the working girl right behind, clapping Mercurio on the shoulder once I arrived. "Well, I'm going to go find a room at the inn. I didn't want to leave you without company, though."

His eyes widened when she leaned down to kiss his neck and whisper in his ear. I couldn't hear what she said, but I'm sure it was enticing beyond any ability to ignore. Offering him a wink, I said, "Have fun," and left the club for the inn.

@===||>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The next day, I hit the streets to see adventurers and townsfolk moving toward the mansion at the edge of town. I knew what was happening when I recognized the Hero and Bianca.

Damn, what a choice to have to make, I thought as I stared at Bianca. Where Flora was all feminine curves and softness, Bianca was toned and athletic. She was, however, undeniably female. Her rugged clothing did nothing to hide the swell of her breasts, the subtle curve of her hips, or the hypnotic dance of her behind.

I knew where I'd saved the game, so I knew how things would play out. The Hero was returning from his quest for the Water Ring, one of the two items that Flora's father wanted adventurers to retrieve in exchange for her hand in marriage. The real goal of the Hero was the Zenethian Shield, of course. It was simple happenstance that he'd find a lifelong partner in his adventure along the way.

In the game, you had the choice between Flora and Bianca. Neither choice really affected the outcome, but I'd always chosen Bianca because it made sense. As childhood friends, it just appealed to me for them to be together. I could see hints of nervousness in Bianca when Flora appeared in a window of her father's mansion to wave at the Hero. Although far from keen on her father's idea to pawn her off in a contest, she certainly didn't appear to find the idea of marrying the Hero as off-putting.

Unfortunately, I knew she was in for disappointment. Things always worked out in the game, however, so I knew Flora would find the right man for her -- without her father's interference this time.

The disadvantage of knowing the whole plot of the game from numerous run-throughs was that I could almost dictate what would happen from this point on. I wished I had an easy way to Oracleberry, because I had the itch to sit in on a few rounds of poker to pass the time.

Seeing several adventurers shuffling toward the tavern in defeat, knowing that the Hero had beaten them to the punch with Flora, I decided that was as good a place as any to spend the day. I went to the wagon to check on Healie, finding him contentedly floating about in the wagon examining the strange -- to him -- wares in minute detail. I made him another large salad sprinkled with healing herbs, gave him a pat on the head, and left him to his study of the various odds and ends in the wagon.

As I approached the tavern, I saw Mercurio walking out of the inn with an expression I could only call delighted surprise, the lady of the evening I'd paid to spend time with him on his arm.

I heard her say, "I have some things to do, but I'll see you later." She then kissed him and went on her way. Mercurio waved and watched her walk away, his eyes still somewhat glassy and a smile decorating his face that I assumed would remain there for some time.

I laughed and walked over. "Looks like you had a good evening."

"Oh my, yes -- tremendous!"

"Just be careful or you'll spend up all your profits. She is a working girl, remember?"

"Oh, I know," he replied, but sighed nevertheless. "I hear someone has returned with both rings, is this true?"

"Yep. There are a bunch of adventurers at the tavern licking their wounds. Probably plenty of stories to hear, beer to drink, and people who need things that the world's greatest item merchant could provide for the right price."

That snapped him right out of his slight melancholy, and we proceeded to the tavern side-by-side.

@===||>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

By late evening, Mercurio was well into his cups and well on his way to a handsome profit from this visit. My prediction that the returning adventurers would need a lot of little odds and ends proved very true. Even though I'd went easy on the beer, I was feeling a little closed in as the sun set and the regulars filtered in to swell the already large crowd in the tavern. I told Mercurio I was going for a little walk to clear the smoke out of my lungs and headed outside.

Taking a deep breath, I once again marveled at how clean the air smelled. Even though there were animals around everywhere, you couldn't smell them. The only thing on the breeze was the scent of earth, flowers, and spring. It was a far cry from the stink of exhaust and paper mills I was used to in the real world.

The real world -- a place I'd almost forgotten about at this point. After so long hopping between the worlds of Dragon Quest, I wasn't even sure I wanted to return. My life there was pretty mundane, but here I was something more. I certainly didn't garner the sort of attention from the fairer sex there that I did here.

I just walked, having no real destination in mind, lost in my thoughts. When I heard a soft, feminine voice, I paused and saw the Hero speaking with Bianca a short distance away. Even though I knew what they were talking about, I couldn't help but smile knowing that they were sealing a life-long relationship at this moment, which would lead to their wedding tomorrow. When the Hero left, I could tell that Bianca still doubted she would be chosen, but she obviously didn't see the expression on the Hero's face. He'd made his choice, probably long ago, and she'd find out tomorrow.

I winced when I saw Bianca sniffle and tears running down her face. Before I even knew what I was doing, I'd walked over to her. "Are you okay?"

Quickly wiping away her tears, Bianca replied, "Yes, it's nothing."

"You don't cry over nothing." Nodding in the direction the Hero had walked back to the inn, I said, "He loves you. I can see it in his face. I think you may be missing some of the obvious clues he's giving you."

"I don't know," Bianca sighed.

"Trust me, and make sure that you look radiant tomorrow. You're about to be proposed to, and you'll want to look your best for it."

"Do you really think so?" Bianca asked with the hints of a smile decorating her face.

"There's no think to it. I'd wager everything I own on it."

"You remind me of him," Bianca said while studying me. "How do you know so much?"

"I can see a bit of the future now and again. You have a hard road ahead of you, but it will be worth it in the end. You'll have him by your side the whole time, too."

"A seer once told me that, but I dismissed it."

"Don't. You should go get your rest." Slapping a mosquito off my arm, I continued, "You don't want to be half asleep, red-eyed from crying, and covered in bug bites tomorrow."

"Why do I feel so much better now?" Bianca asked with a smile.

"Because it's nothing I said that convinced you. You knew it all along."

"I think I'll take your advice. Thank you," Bianca said and held out her hand.

Shaking her hand, I said, "You're welcome."

She then turned and left, making her way back to wherever she was sleeping that night. Watching her butt sway in the moonlight, I thought, Lucky bastard, and chuckled. I walked back to the tavern, planning to tell Mercurio that I was turning in for the night, and to suggest that he should probably do the same. I wanted to get him out of there before I had to try to carry the corpulent merchant back to his bed.

As I approached the inn, I saw the lady of the evening that had shared Mercurio's bed walking down the street and looking around. When she spotted me, she briskly walked in my direction. "Have you seen Mercurio?"

"He's in the tavern having a few. Well, a few too many, really."

Her brow furrowing, the working girl said, "I'll need to discourage that."

Feeling protective, I said, "Look, Mercurio is a friend of mine. He's not exactly rolling in gold. I'd appreciate it if you didn't lead him on."

I saw something then that startled me, color rising into her cheeks and a flash of anger in her eyes. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"He's lonely. He may misunderstand business for something else."

Looking over her shoulder at the tavern, she softly said, "This isn't business." Turning back to me, she said, "You didn't find it at all odd that I walked out with him this morning? I could have found three or four more men by morning."

Now that she mentioned it, I realized that it was a little weird. I'd certainly paid her well, but not well enough to give up a chance to turn several more tricks for the evening. "Thinking about getting out of the business?"

With a sweeping gesture of her hands at her body, she said, "I'm halfway to forty years old. How long will this last? He's a sweet man with a trade, and he actually got me there. No man has done that in a decade. None cared enough to."

Her mention of discouraging his drinking made perfect sense now. I knew Mercurio was in deep trouble. She'd set her sights on him, and I had little doubt that he'd happily fall into her snare. Once again, I thought, Lucky bastard.

Digging into my pouch, I pulled out a fistful of gold coins. "He's going to be a little too drunk to deal with this sort of shock tonight. Why don't you get a good night's sleep, and then use this to go shopping tomorrow. If you're going to change careers to merchant's wife, you'll need some clothes that fit the part. Just don't throw anything you have now away, I'm sure Mercurio will like seeing you in them."

Her mouth wide open in surprise, she stared at the coins I'd pressed into her hands. "This is more money than I could make in a month."

"That's for the wedding too," I said with a wink. "Go on. I need to get Mercurio to his bed before I have to carry him. I promise I'll keep him out of the tavern tomorrow and get him sobered up in the morning."

"I don't know what to say," the woman softly said.

"Like I said, Mercurio's a friend of mine. Just be good to him."

"I will. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Now off to bed with you."

She nodded and secreted the coins in her ample bosom before walking back down the street. I shook my head as I turned back to the tavern, thinking, Now this is more like home, forever playing match-maker and never reaping any of the rewards. Oh well. I walked in and managed to get Mercurio to his bed just in time. He was snoring before his head even hit the pillow.

@===||>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I kept my promise the next morning, having plenty of coffee on hand to wake the corpulent merchant up. As he started to feel human again, I told him I was going to feed Healie, and walked out of the room. I saw the woman he'd enthralled walking toward me, dressed in a conservative -- but still very enticing -- dress. I looked back into the room and said, "Someone's here to see you. Last chance to run for the hills."

Mercurio stared at me in obvious confusion as I shut the door. She was staring daggers at me when I looked back at her. "Sorry, couldn't help myself. He's not running anywhere if he has any sense." Her expression softened, and I said, "You know, I don't even know your name."

"Anna." A smile crossed her face when she said the name. "I haven't said that in so long. I've called myself Candy for years, and my real name almost feels strange."

"Better get used to it. Beautiful name, by the way. Beautiful dress too. I know Mercurio is going to love it. I have a hungry curer to feed, so I'll leave the two of you alone."

"Thank you again."

"You're welcome again," I replied and laughed. I saved her the trouble of knocking and opened the door for her. I knew Mercurio wasn't going to protest her company anyway.

When I reached the wagon, I found Healie looking a little bored. I don't know if it was the way his tentacles were hanging or the way he was hovering, but I just knew he was bored somehow. "Let's take a little walk, Healie. Well, a hover in your case, I guess."

Healie perked up and floated out of the wagon, happily falling in behind me. I walked toward the main road, assuming that the curer would feel more at home out in the wilderness, and deciding that I could do with a little return to nature as well. Noticing a fishing pole and some well-crafted lures in Mercurio's wagon, I grabbed them before leaving.

We'd just turned off the road to walk across the fields when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. Turning back toward the city, I saw the Hero moving at a brisk, determined pace. Remembering the plot of the game, I knew that the Hero was on his way to pick up the silk veil in preparation to propose to Bianca. I also saw a Wyvern sweeping down on him. The Hero wasn't unaware of the danger, and drew his sword.

I pulled my own weapon, planning to add my sword and Healie's magic to the battle, but I'd barely moved before the Hero cut down the fire-breathing monster almost without slowing. Another curer traveling with him healed his wounds as the Hero continued on, sheathing his weapon and not even bothering to check the dead creature for the treasures they often had.

Damn, don't get in the way of a man on a mission, I thought as I put my own weapon away. I almost pitied any monster that dared to challenge the determined Hero at this point. I wanted to do some fishing, not fend off monsters, so I pulled out a bottle of fairy water and sprinkled it over me. As soon as I did so, I realized that I was actually traveling with a monster and looked over at Healie. He didn't appear to mind at all, so I assumed that the magic only worked on hostile creatures for some reason.

I smacked a mosquito and wished I had some insect repellant to go with my monster repellant. Healie and I set out again toward a lake a short distance from town that looked promising. When we reached it, Healie hovered up a little higher and made some excited gurgling noises.

Tentatively, a pair of curers emerged from the undergrowth around the lake, keeping one eye on me as they greeted Healie in their own language. Giving them some space, I moved away to the edge of the lake to find a good spot to fish. By the time I'd tied on my lure, the two curers and Healie were happily talking and frolicking nearby. I cast my line and settled in for a day of fishing.

@===||>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was feeling more than a little full when I returned to town. I'd caught several nice sized bass, most of which I'd thrown back, but I cooked a pair of them and had a fine meal. Healie parted company with his two new friends, content to follow me. He did perk up when I promised I'd come back to the lake to let him spend time with them again. It amazed me how much of what I said that the creature appeared to understand.

The sun was setting, and I knew that the Hero and Bianca would be getting married soon, if the ceremony hadn't already begun. I imagined that the tavern would be pretty empty in light of the grand wedding, and looked forward to a relaxing evening of beer drinking. I also decided to take Healie with me, as I didn't want him sitting in the wagon bored. He looked a little apprehensive as we entered the village, but his curiosity soon overwhelmed any foreboding he felt about going into a human town.

Before I even entered the town proper, I could hear the sounds of the celebration. The noise emanated from the far edge of town where the Flora's father provided free drink, leaving the rest of the town fairly quiet. Despite my unusual company, the tavernkeep was glad to see me. When Healie started showing curiosity for my beer, I drained all but about a quarter of my mug and nodded toward it.

The jellyfish-like creature tested the brew by dipping in a tentacle and bringing it to its mouth, and then almost immediately wrapped its tentacles around the mug to pick it up.

"Oh boy," I chuckled as the curer tipped up the mug and drank. "Take it easy, Healie. That stuff packs a punch."

He didn't appear to be paying much attention to me.

The tavernkeep just shook his head and looked worried. I couldn't really blame him, as the possibilities presented by a drunken monster in your establishment were rather frightening to consider.

By the time I'd finished my next beer, Healie was hovering rather unsteadily and emitting a gurgling equivalent of laughter for no real reason. With the tavernkeep looking more nervous by the moment, I decided it was probably time to take my drunken companion out into the night air to sober him up a bit. The curer reluctantly followed me out of the tavern with a final longing glance at his empty mug.

LesLumens
LesLumens
1,292 Followers