Voices Behind Walls Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Happiness was dazzling on her face, truly.

He was actually afraid of damaging it, somehow.

But ... he was running on the correct path, the most sensible path, a path that would lead to this woman and her child being protected for the rest of their lives.

Vansoth helped her put her clothing back into its normal order. It didn't matter much to him that he had some obvious erections that the woman would notice. He wanted her to sleep thinking of only her own pleasure.

Her eyes rolled around a bit, then down, and her nose twitched as she looked at the little silk tent below his first belly. Then, with a sigh that sounded too exasperated for Vansoth's tastes, she reached for him.

He stopped that hand, taking it, kissing it, sliding his cheek across it. "Go on and let your senses rest, Sweet Lady. We have a courtship and a Soothing to explore. Let's not ruin the surprises awaiting us."

***

Autumn was in this part of the world, putting a light chill in the sky. Little Meia had grown a bit. Whenever she was held upright, her head didn't bobble in a nearly frightening way. When she was on her stomach, she could support her own chest and head with her arms. She could also kick her legs with impressive strength. Her appetite had increased, which meant that feeding times were a little longer, but she slept much better. She smiled much more often.

And she liked to put her hand in her mouth, cute little thing!

Vansoth had given the child a few simple toys of soft wood and cloth. He thought that he was required to, especially since he was courting Lahri. He had also given that gentle little mother more presents. More wires of precious metal. More gemstones, both cabochon and faceted. Earrings. Hairpins and combs, both functional and ornamental, and of varying materials. Flowers and fruits. Rare desserts. Perfumes. A few jars of sweet smelling creams. A few bolts of silk. A fresh sewing kit. Hair ribbons. Fur cloaks and blankets for when the weather would eventually turn cold. Some books and scrolls of varying subjects.

Suitors weren't required to give so many gifts in a such a short amount of time, but he wanted to boast to her that he was a man of great power and wealth. Lahri accepted these gifts modestly, which never stopped being charming to him. He also loved to see her wearing or using all the fine things he gave her. His claim was certainly being made, and it was as firm as stone.

The young princesses had finished making replacement clothing for Lahri, and so, their diets and lifestyles were back to normal. Although, they tended to avoid Lahri's face as if they thought there was a curse hidden in the woman's green eyes, and their noses were still healing.

Some of the gowns were made with a nursing mother in mind. Others were meant to be much more cutting edge and attractive. All were perfect on Lahri's figure, at least in Vansoth's eyes.

The queen continued with her kind gestures and familial behavior towards Lahri. To Vansoth's relief, Lahri seemed to become more comfortable with the older woman. She even let the queen hold Meia on occasion. Queen Chiana wanted to dote on that child as much as possible. She even gave her a nickname. Cubbie-Bear.

On a sharp evening, Vansoth took another private moment with Lahri, and she leaned against his first chest and belly. She whispered to him, "If you still wish to marry me, then I will gratefully accept."

He couldn't help it. He moved a bit away from her and started bucking around like a Carriage Man whose dwarf customer refused to pay a rider's fee just when the centaur stopped at the destination, except Vansoth was obviously joyful instead of furious.

Count Arkson was summoned to the Royal Castle. He went to his adopted daughter and asked her if she wanted to marry Prince Vansoth. She confirmed that she did. King Aldabert then offered the count a bride price. A chunk of a forest for hunting, a heavy coffer of gold bullions, and a new title. Instead of a count, he'd become an earl. Well actually, after the Soothing, during which Lahri and Vansoth would live together and figure out if they were happy with being a couple, Count Arkson would be promoted to an Earl. The land and gold would be given before the Soothing, though.

Count Arkson agreed to the price. Not only were three contracts written out, but the agreement was scored in a clay tablet that was then baked into a firm, permanent thing.

Count Arkson wished Lahri the best of all things. Then he took Tarabell away as he left the Royal Castle.

Vansoth was almost shocked at how perfectly all the events in his life were coming together.

Now, he could try to convince his new bride to try something much more ... penetrative.

And when all this business was done, he was confident that she'd become so madly in love with him that she'd burst.

***

12