Vows

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

We dated for a few months before serious complaints arose. The leadership at her old church reported our relationship to the diocese. Since I had already reported to them, the complaints were lodged and dismissed.

Chapter 8

Jana

Savin left early in the morning and I felt alone. I went to work but could not wipe the stupid smile from my face.

When I entered, Shawna pounced. "Ah hell naw, Father Savin went MIA for service last night and you were missing too. Several people tried to call you both and did not get answers. What's going on?" She asked.

I smiled, "Shawna, I have no clue. When you find out tell me." I answered, then I smiled. Shawna laughed. "One questions, Can the boy swing the pipe?"

I laughed, "Yes ma'am, he swings it well." She burst out laughing and a few people looked our way.

"I want details later." She added and we both went to work.

Later that morning, he called. We were having lunch together. I was not surprised that we were not alone, because Shawna and several people joined us. He drove me back to the office, but before I got out of the car. He reminded me that he loved me and kissed me ever so tenderly.

I floated on cloud nine for the rest of the day.

We dated for six months and one evening Savin planned a special date. It was the anniversary of when we first met. He made reservations at a local restaurant and we arrived half an hour early. We were asked to wait when the hostess came to us and apologized. There was a mistake in booking and our reservations had somehow been deleted. The restaurant apologized and was willing to reschedule. Savin glared at the woman. "No, we'll leave. However, this is very careless of you and the management here." He stated.

We turned to go when a familiar voice stopped us.

"Father Savin, Jana, join us. We're celebrating and have more than enough room." Pastor Parish offered.

The last thing I wanted was to be around anyone from my old church. I tensed. Savin smiled and politely declined his offer. We turned to leave when the manager of the restaurant came and offered Savin coupons to return at any time free of charge.

Pastor Parish spoke once more, "Please, Stay, you're already dressed so lovely. Come enjoy your night and see some old friends." He implored. Feeling put on the spot, I nodded and we stayed.

The church had reserved the entire back room. We entered and a few people mumbled, but the waiter made a space for us.

The group was out celebrating accomplishments of some of the auxiliary groups. A new Usher president had been selected. Two of the men were elevated to deacon, and one of the deacons had been elevated to associate pastor.

Savin and I sat as the waiter came and we placed our order. Pastor Parish talked and talked. He asked Savin about his church and doctrine. Savin listened and shared his views. Suddenly Mother Parish interrupted. She needed to go to the restroom and for some reason; she wanted me to accompany her. Simply because I have a deep respect for my elders, I went with her ready once again for another lecture on how I was living wrong again.

We entered the ladies room, and I relieved my bladder, but before she left, she spoke. "Jana, I apologize to you. I was wrong."

I froze. "Wait? What?"

Mother Parish continued, "Brenda's little boy is four years old. He got sick and we found out that Raymond is his birth father." She took a deep breath. "Raymond was married to you when she had that baby. I've spent all this time thinking you were the problem when he was being less than a man and she was being a jezebel. I judged you wrongly. But I've learned. Thanks to you, God has taught me not to judge." She exhaled. "I ask for your forgiveness. That's why I asked Pastor to stop you and Father Savin from leaving.

I was now speechless. "Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?" she asked.

I paused. I looked at this woman who for so many years of my life played a role in my misery, then I thought of my life now. I smiled. "Mother Parish, there's nothing too forgive."

She hugged me and we returned to the group. When we arrived, Savin leaned over and kissed me so tenderly. Pastor Parish cleared his throat.

He faced the Pastor and thanked him and we stood to leave. Pastor Parish shook his hand and had one more request, "If you two don't mind, I'd like to officiate the wedding in our church."

I stumbled, and Savin smiled. "We'll be honored sir." Then we left. As we drove to his apartment, I had questions. He escorted me inside and before I could question him, he went down on one knee. I froze.

Then he whispered. "I love you Jana. Join with me for a lifetime, be my wife?"

"Yes, yes Savin. I love you so much." He laughed and kissed me.

"We did this backwards, but it matters not, I'll never let you go. I dedicate my life to you Jana. You will know every day how precious you are to me." He kissed me gently.

"Savin, I never thought I'd find someone to love this completely. I'll be honored to be your wife." We made love through the night. The next morning, he drove me to my apartment, and we ate breakfast, after which we both reported to work.

His story about Karuna stayed on my mind. Not because he loved her, but because he might have a son or daughter out there. I thought of my daughter. So a few weeks before our wedding we sat down and I told him to call the embassy and see if he could speak with her husband at least.

He did. It turned out that a little girl was born and the husband knew Savin was her father. However, he loved his wife and could forgive her indiscretion. You see he was much older and unable to have children. When his young wife became pregnant, others developed a new respect for him.

However, the day Saria was born and he held her for the first time, she was the daughter of his heart. He loved that young woman.

Savin was silent, and then he thanked him. He did not ask to meet her. He did not make any demands. He simply hung up.

I was confused. Before I could question, Sav spoke," I want to see her. I will return to Sri Lanka for a few days. I must make sure she is cared for."

I nodded. Immediately, we arranged his flight. The day he flew home, I thought I'd die. What if Karuna wanted him back? What if he needed to stay for his daughter? Then I remembered how he loved me the right before and promised to return.

Two weeks later, I met Savin at the airport, I rushed into his arms. He kissed me, and held me so close. As we drove home, he said nothing. We went to church and the members were glad to see him. He stood to speak. He explained that his visit home was wonderful. His family sent their best wishes and hoped to come meet us one day.

Then church was dismissed. We went back to his apartment where several friends joined us. The hour grew ate and Joel offered to drive me home. I refused and he and Mary wet home.

"Well?" I asked.

"She is beautiful. She looks so much like Karuna that they could be twins." Then he showed me a picture of a breathtakingly beautiful young woman. "Sav, she has your eyes." I gasped.

"Yes, she does." He sighed. "I met him, Karuna's husband. He is an honorable man and he loves both of them. He did what I was not prepared to do. He was a father to my daughter. We did not tell Saria. As far as she is concerned, I am just a friend from long ago."

"Savin, are you sure?" I asked, knowing his capacity to love was great.

"We make choices in life. In all honesty, my leaving was the best choice for her." He kissed me, "Now, my beautiful bride, let me show you how much I missed you." And he did.

Epilogue

Time flew by and our wedding day arrived before I knew it, I was at my old church, wearing a crème-colored gown. I looked at my reflection, thinking what a difference a year makes. Smoothing my hand down the front of my gown, I was relieved that my small bump was so well concealed. I hadn't told Savin, but I would tonight. We decided to abstain until the wedding a month ago, so he never noticed the slight changes in my body.

My daughter walked in, "Mom, you look beautiful." She stated. I smiled and looked at the amazing young woman that I was blessed with. Savin was waiting for me at the altar. The bridal march began, and Joel did the honor of walking me down the aisle.

When I saw him standing there, everyone else faded from my sight. It was only Savin. I joined him and could not take my eyes off of his handsome face. Pastor Parish spoke, but all I knew was the love I felt for this wonderful man that saw something in me. He chose me, and I would spend the rest of our lives making him proud of his choice.

We spoke our vows and then exchanged rings. Soon, we kissed, and his lips never tasted sweeter. I remember crying tears of joy when Pastor Parish introduced to the world, Mr. and Mrs. Savin Devale. My world was finally complete. This was the happiest day of my life.

We rushed down the aisle as everyone cheered for us. Pastor Parish had a limo waiting for us. We were headed to the reception. This wedding took on a life of its own. Our plans to keep it simple were blown away when members of both churches informed us that they were covering most of the cost. As I sat in back of the limousine with my new husband, I thanked God for giving me another chance at love. Savin must have known what I was thinking, He looked at me and smiled.

I felt a small flutter and I knew I needed to tell him. We had never talked about having a child this soon, but I knew he wanted to become a father more than anything else. As the car pulled into the parking lot, I kissed him and then we went inside. We welcomed our guest as they arrived, each person waiting to congratulate us. I was tired, but I knew we'd sit soon.

The server came with champagne and I refused. He returned with white wine, and I refused

again.

Savin looked at me. I could see he was concerned. Smiling, I took his hand and gently placed it over my slight baby bump. His eyes widened in surprise, then leaning over, he kissed me. Everyone cheered, as he whispered, "Jana, you are the most special amongst women. Thank you for this gift. I love you so much. I love both of you so much." as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"Baby, you'll be a great Dad." I answered, "I love you, Savin. I'm so glad you used a camera to spy on me." He laughed, and after that the festivities began.

******THE END*****

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers