Voyage of the Tunisian Rose

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He's dead."

"Indeed! Most regrettable. An accident, I have been told, when Massih Bey was anxious to rush to the battlements and see the fate of his ship, yes? And such a tragedy, in his eagerness he fell forward and part of the wall, I have heard, gave way. Most regrettable."

"If they wanted to kill him why didn't they just go into his fucking palace and kill him?"

Van Schoonhoven shrugged. "It was helpful, mmm, in some fashion for the accident to occur for all to see that it was not a foul crime. Perhaps? And having Englishman at the helm of the slave ship pushes the burden of the crime farther from the Vizier's hand. Much better to have infidels involved in such a grave matter. And the Vizier is very pleased. That is all that matters now! You, gentleman, will both be very highly rewarded!"

"Ann!" Wray said. "I mean Samira. The English slave. I'd like her. Will he let me have her?"

"Of course! And you, Mr. Hamilton, yes, you might choose one of those delightful ones as a reward?"

Hamilton didn't answer.

##

The parade grounds were filled with cavalry and soldiers the next morning. Long lines of slaves were being slowly taken away. The wait until they were admitted into the throne room was short and both the Pasha-Bey and the Grand Vizier were there. Without referring to the late Massih Bey or anything at all about the use of sex slaves as a ship's crew, they spoke eloquently about their pleasure with the courage of the two English officers. With the translation, it took some time.

Both men were granted a jeweled saber. They expressed their gratitude. Wray was also given Ann Whetherlocke and told he could take her back to England.

"The most wise Pasha-Bey wants to know what you would like," Van Schoonhoven said to Hamilton.

"You may tell him that I wish the crew to be rewarded, especially the eight we trained in here."

"You don't want those two morsels you bought? Hm?"

"You can have them."

"He insists you take another --"

"Just tell him I want the fucking crew rewarded and nothing else!"

The Pasha-Bey listened to an edited translation and then responded in a long speech.

"He won't allow it." Van Schoonhoven said with glee. "You must have a reward!"

From a side door a woman entered. She wore a simple set of loose silks and walked with difficulty. Nasira bint Evranaki slowly walked up to Hamilton. He looked at her, but was unable to speak.

"I can swim, you know," she said.

##

Nasira was too weak to get out of bed, she laid there with her red hair loose around her head. Hamilton sat next to her.

"I told them... inside...jewels," she said quietly. "Then... I went down... under... under..."

"They were greedy and you timed it perfectly."

She smiled. "I was lucky. I made it before... "

"The waterproof cask?"

She nodded.

"James found the other small powder kegs, none of which, as you know, were like yours. The Vizier didn't care what happened to the ship, as long as it was chased by someone not from Tunis." He stroked her face. "But the waterproof mine, that was your plan all along?"

"Yes." Nasira nodded. She reached out and held his hand. "Your ship... English ship. You will leave soon?"

"In the morning." He leaned in to kiss her. "You know if I tried to fuck you now you would never be able to resist me."

Nasira smiled. She closed her eyes to sleep.

##

The frigate Constance had never strayed far and in fact had seen the curious battle between the small brig-sloop and the war galley. At the quay a quarter boat with English sailors loaded the sea chests, and then, much to the delight of the sailors, Miss Ann Whetherlocke in the finest white gown and pearl necklace in Tunis stepped in as well.

"Eyes to yourselves, lads!" Wray yelled. "This is a lady!"

Hamilton shook hands with Van Schoonhoven and turned for the boat. The Dutchman had arrived with a small group of soldiers, ordinary soldiers.

"You could have brought her along," Wray said.

"I could have gone to Istanbul." Hamilton looked at his confused friend and smiled. "I think we should go home. Though when we write our reports perhaps it would be best to avoid certain aspects of this mission."

Wray laughed. The two men sat into the sternsheets as the quarter boat was rowed back to the English frigate, and from there to Gibraltar.