Waking the Dragon Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Certain that Gwen was ready Bane started moving more quickly. She thrust in and out of the tight tunnel, rocking up so the ridged material brushed the girl's bud. Gwen moaned as Bane lifted and sank in a steady rhythm. The Dragon's small breasts swayed in front of Gwen's eyes. Gwen watched, mesmerized by the one thing on the warrior's body that was not lean. Gwen lifted her head, trying to catch one of the nipples in her mouth. She wanted to return the favor of pleasure. She captured one breast, closing her mouth over the areola and lavishing her tongue over it. Bane never broke her motion.

Gwen could only concentrate on Bane's breast for a long. She ripped her mouth away, tilting her head back and exposing her throat as Bane pushed in and out. Bane bowed her head, the long black hair placing Gwen in a dark cave. Gwen closed her eyes, feeling the feathery caresses of the thick strands. Bane's mouth covered Gwen's throat, biting the flesh as her hips quickened. The sound of flesh against flesh filled the room, punctuated by Bane's harsh breathing and Gwen's steady cries.

Gwen felt her body tightening. The sensation was so unfamiliar to her young, innocent body that she screamed in fear that she was dying as her whole body exploded in powerful release. The wave washed over her and through her, vibrating along her veins and muscles. The crashing of the wave was so intense that Gwen was certain that every bone in her body would be crushed. Once she discovered the pleasure was not going to kill her, she screamed again in joy.

The warrior slowed the attack, withdrawing the sword from the damp sheath. Gwen was sobbing now and Bane lay at the girl's side, stroking her hair until she was breathing normal. The tears still flowed down her cheeks. Sweet aftershocks ran through her body in delicious ripples. Her breathing slowed and her eyelids were heavy.

Bane stood, tucking the blankets around Gwen. She unfastened the harness, laying it to the side, and walked over to the open window. A breeze flowed through the room, drying the sweat on her wiry body. She could see the bonfire burning in the distance and lamps dancing along the rows as Roane and his wife and daughter plucked ears from the stalks. Bane's sharp green eyes could detect the change in height of the crop as Jem sliced the stalks to the ground. As Bane watched, the flames roared, indicating that Jem had thrown more on the fire. Bane placed her hand on the window sill, leaning against the glass. She thought of the fear in Roane's face when she had asked for room and board. She spoke suddenly, knowing Gwen was awake because she could feel the girl's eyes on her back. "Tell me about your Queen."

"She's not my Queen," Gwen spat. The vehemence in Gwen's voice echoed the hopefulness that had been in Jem's earlier when he had asked if the Dragon was there to slay the Queen. "I have no loyalty to her. My Queen died ten seasons ago."

"Ten seasons? That's a long time to honor someone who is dead," Bane mused. "And the fact remains, this Queen is in power over the land your father owns, so she is your Queen. Your family may not respect her, but you fear her. Either way is a successful way to rule. Tell me about your Queen."

"My Queen," Gwen began, emphasizing the word my, "was a beautiful and kind woman and wife. She was married to a handsome young man who everyone loved. This land knew peace and prosperity under them. They were revered in song and poems. When their child was born, my father says that the whole territory celebrated. To speak their names now is forbidden.

"Then the drought came. I was just six at the time, but I remember how hot and dry it was. I remember watching the pond dwindle to nothing. After the drought came the fires. They roared down the mountain, but the village had nothing to fight with."

"The Forest doesn't look new," Bane mumbled, gazing into the thick trees she had marched through. The dancing field fires illuminated the trees and the warrior imagined what they must have looked like when they trembled with roaring and racing flames. She had seen how destructive fire could be. She knew how quickly a hot flame could devour a human person. She remembered the smell of burning flesh. If a fire had swept through the Forest just ten years ago, none of the trees would be as tall or thick as they were.

"I remember the sound of the army marching through the Forest. We all thought help had come. They threw up fire lines and held the flames just on the outskirts of the village. We were indebted to the army." Gwen stopped and sighed wistfully. "Sometimes, I think it would be better if we had let the village burn.

"The King opened the gates of his palace for the army. He opened his wine for them. They paraded through the village, the people cheering for them. Matayla rode in their midst. I remember thinking how beautiful she was. She wasn't beautiful like the Queen. She was dark skinned and had dark hair and rode a stallion bigger than anyone else's. She was exotic. My eyes followed her. I wanted to be her."

"Matayla," Bane repeated. The name gave the warrior a cold chill.

Gwen could sense the warrior emerging and the woman receding. The girl knew when Bane returned to the bed, the lover would be gone and the Dragon would remain. "The King gave them a feast. Matayla and her army ate at the King's table, and then killed everyone in sight, including the King, Queen, and their daughter."

"She named herself Queen," Bane said dryly, filling in the blanks of the story that Gwen did not tell. She sensed it would be too painful for Gwen to tell the entire story.

"The army disposed of anyone who objected to her rule. Executions were public and bloody. Soon, no one objected. A few fled, but my father's family has worked this land for many generations. For the protection the army has provided and will provide we are to bring a portion of our crop to the palace each season."

Bane did not prompt Gwen for more details. She stared at the moon glowing above the fires. She could see a tendril of smoke snaking against the surface of the pocked satellite. The wolf came to her side, rubbing against her leg. Bane dropped her hand and caressed the animal's head, drawing comfort from the presence of the creature. When she returned to the bed, Gwen was dozing. Bane lay at the girl's side and closed her eyes. Sleep came quick and was a calm time with few dreams. Nyte did not visit. Nyte would not visit when Bane shared her bed with another.

They woke the next morning to the sounds of Roane's family moving about downstairs. Bane rose fluidly from the bed and crossed to the window. The field was now flat. Only wisps of smoke were escaping from the pit. The flames had been doused. A wagon piled with harvested crop sat in the yard. Roane was hitching a gray mare to the wagon. The fresh harvest would be taken to the palace to pay the price of protection. Bane allowed her eyes to examine the rest of the fields. She wondered how Roane's family would have enough food to last through the cold, barren months ahead.

Fog was drifting onto the property from the damp Forest. The sun was obscured through the haze. Bane breathed deeply of the cool air drifting through the open window. The crisp temperature cleared her lungs as she exhaled slowly. She heard Gwen rustling behind her. Bane turned to look at the girl. Gwen was stretching her body. She groaned lightly, her muscles sore. She smiled at the warrior, blinking her eyes as the morning sun filtered into the room.

Bane turned away from the window silently. The wolf was standing at the door, ready for them to be on their way. The animal came to Bane, nuzzling the leg and hand of the warrior. Bane rubbed the sides of the animal's muzzle, looking into the deep black eyes. The expression in the orbs told the warrior what the animal was thinking. They had needed the warm bed last night, but the time for lingering was gone. They needed to make up distance today.

Bane started pulling on her leathers as Gwen watched. "You are leaving?" the girl asked. She was propped against the pillows, the blanket pulled to her waist. Her large breasts were exposed and unfettered. Bane admired the pert nipples and full flesh. The warrior's expression did not change. Gwen imagined she saw hunger cross Bane's face but knew it was only wishful thinking. Bane returned to lacing the britches without any response. Gwen rose, closing the distance. She inspected Bane's wound. It had scabbed during the night and she was certain that the warrior would feel no ill effects from the tear. Bane pulled on her tunic and began tucking her things into her haversack.

Gwen pulled on her clothes, watching as Bane's fingers deftly weaved her thick, long, black hair into a braid. Gwen shuddered as she recalled the way that thick hair had tickled and caressed during the night. Her nipples tightened as they rubbed against the rough material of her blouse. Bane adjusted her sword in the sheath on her back. When she turned to Gwen, the farm girl no longer saw any signs of the lover who had held her so tenderly during the night.

Bane left the room, the wolf at the warrior's side. Gwen followed the Dragon down the steps, trying to ignore the ache in her heart. Bane walked silently through the kitchen. Roane's wife and younger daughter watched as the warrior passed through the room. Gwen was just a few paces behind, her head bowed as she stepped onto the porch. She stopped at the edge of the steps as Bane and the wolf walked into the yard, their feet making prints in the dew covered ground. Roane looked up from adjusting the fitting over the mare, stopping as Bane crossed. The warrior quietly caressed the muzzled of the animal. The mare snorted but allowed Bane to talk softly. Roane listened but could not make out the Dragon's words.

Roane waited until the warrior had finished talking to the horse. The way the wild wolf followed the Dragon, Roane suspected that Bane had a gift with animals. The Dragon patted the animal's side before casting dark green eyes to Roane. The old farmer removed his hat. "Where are you going now?" he asked in a gruff, tired voice.

"West," Bane responded, turning in the direction of the rising sun. "Wherever Dracona leads," she continued, evoking the name of the goddess that watched over all those who were trained in the ways of the Dragon. She didn't mention that Nyte also led her. She couldn't explain Nyte.

Roane nodded thoughtfully, wiping his rough hands on a towel. His eyes were fixed in the distance. "West is the way to the palace," Roane mused. "Your passing will not be kept secret for long and Queen Matayla is not to be trusted." Roane wiped the towel over his forehead and replaced his hat. "You can trust my family."

"I know," Bane stated. She shifted the pack on her back and turned toward the Forest. She would not walk down the path from the Roane farm. Any traveler could be on the main road. No one needed to know that Dragon's Bane had spent the night at the Roane farm. She wanted to avoid discovery as long as possible, so continuing through the Forest until the palace was in sight would be the surest path.

"Wait!" a voice cried out as Bane headed toward the edge of the trees. Bane turned, lifting her eyes to the porch. Gwen still stood on the top step. Her eyes had left Bane and her head turned toward the barn. Bane followed the girl's eyes. Jem was running across the open field, a pack slung over his shoulder. "Wait!" he yelled again. Bane waited for the teenager to cross the dusty farm yard. He was breathless when he reached the warrior and had to pause a moment to catch his breath enough to be able to speak. "Take me with you," he begged.

Gwen gasped, coming down the steps to hear Bane's answer. Roane said nothing, returning his attention to the wagon. Jem looked up into Bane's face with pleading eyes. "Please, let me go with you. If the Guard ever discovers that I killed one of their own, they will torture my family and then kill me. If I am gone when they come, Father can say I have been exiled from the family." He stopped, trying to judge how Bane was reacting to the request. Bane expression had not changed. "I want to learn to be a Dragon. Teach me the law of Dracona."

Bane regarded the eager boy. The warrior knew the answer without having to think about the situation. "This is not a life you want, boy." Bane's green eyes shifted to Gwen. She tried to hide the eagerness on her face. If Bane would take Jem, then perhaps the warrior would welcome her presence as well. The Dragon needed a companion other than the wolf. "I don't need any distractions. The places I go, no one should go. Stay here with your father, boy. Learn to be a man and a farmer. Dracona's Law carries no glory." Bane adjusted the sack at her side, spun on her boot, and stepped into the Forest, disturbing the mist that curled on the ground.