Walking After Midnight

Story Info
The faint sounds of the music filtered...
4.9k words
4.69
10.4k
7
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The faint sounds of the music filtered through the window screens to reach me as I sat on the front porch steps. Patsy Cline, I was not, but I hummed along anyway, watching the end of my cigarette flare as I took a long, slow drag. Although it was after midnight, it was too damned hot to do the walking that the song suggested. Summers in west Texas can be brutal and seemingly endless. I felt a drop of sweat roll down my back to catch on the waistband of my simple white cotton panties and, when I sighed in response, my tank top stuck to the skin of my back. I took a sip of the longneck in my hand in self defense. It was nice and cold and smooth but it just wasn't enough to combat the sweltering summer heat.

The stars were out and the moon was full. I could hear coyotes in the distance, yipping and crying in that laughing yet plaintive way of communication that always left me wistful and a little sad. I loved to hear them though and wouldn't trade my poor-man's farm for a house in town for any amount of love or money. I needed the open, the space that allowed me to breathe and just be.

Faintly, another sound reached my ears. Deliberate footsteps sounded from the side of the house and I turned, curious as to who my visitor could be at this time of night. I was surprised to see Eric, one of two hired hands, coming around the veranda with that slow, rolling gait that was developed by spending years on horseback. He stopped at my feet, peering up at my face as I sat on the top step. I felt color rush into my face and a wave of another kind of heat entirely roll through my body as I saw he wore a pair of button fly jeans, only half buttoned, his dogged old cowboy boots, and a simple thin, white, skin-hugging tank. I could clearly see his chest muscles and dark, tiny nipples standing taunt just under the thin fabric.

I yanked my attention away and looked at his face, shadowed by his white straw hat. "What is it, Eric?" I asked him, relieved to find my voice cool and casual.

He didn't say anything at first, just reached into the front pocket of his jeans and pulled out a battered pack of Marlboros, lit one and put it back. I dropped my own cigarette into the clay pot reserved for the butts, and sat, watching him smoke. I saw a bead of sweat run down the side of his neck and down into his shirt and without thinking too hard about it, licked my lips. I would have to have been blind to not notice his good looks. I had noticed the first minute I saw him. I had hired him, however, because he was a rare hand with the stock and watching him gentle a wide-eyed three year old colt was a beautiful thing to see. That didn't mean that the fact that his blue eyes were any less compelling though, or that his sandy blond hair didn't fall in a way that made my fingers itch with the urge to run through it.

I was relieved at first when he finally spoke and then slightly embarrassed at his words. "You do this every night."

His voice was warm and low with a rough edge to it and always reminded me of lava and honey; way too hot with a smooth sweetness that was a balm to my ears. Now, though, it caused me some distress. I realized that he was right. It had become my habit to sit out here and listen to the radio, usually old country songs and always the classics, drinking a cold beer or two and smoking a half a pack of cigarettes while I thought. Or, more honestly, felt as alone as a person could possibly be and stuck there and sorry for myself. But, hey, it got me through the next day.

I cleared my throat, alarmed to find that it had tightened up. "Not every night, but sometimes. Why?"

My voice clearly held the "it's none of your business" tone, which he promptly ignored. He shifted, not looking at me, and said, "Sometimes...you cry."

"I do not!" I denied and in the next breath confirmed what he had said. "How do you know? You spy on me?"

He looked at me in the eyes and I felt the numb ache that had begun with his statement spread through my chest, reaching tentative fingers out to tickle my limbs. I recalled the nights that I had cried, sometimes silently and with a deep loneliness that I felt could only be relieved by letting the tears fall with an overflowing stillness. Other times I had almost sobbed, still quietly but with the wracking pain that causes you to hug your knees to your chest and rock. I had felt safe in the dark quiet sanctuary of my porch, secure in the knowledge that the two hands had gone to bed, and that my old dog Tanner would never rat me out. Now, I felt vulnerable, suddenly exposed to the light of day and the eyes of another.

"I've been 'spying' on you since the first minute I saw you, Kylah." He stepped up onto the second step with his right leg, folding his right arm and laying it across the knee to lean on. He looked up at my face (which I am sure was a horrifying mixture of confusion, mortification, and stupidity) and reached out to stroke his index finger down the back of my limp and dangling hand. "I have wondered why a woman, a beautiful and strong and sexy woman, would sit out on her porch at night, alone, and cry."

I couldn't take my eyes off of the sight of his finger, lazily stroking the back of my hand, turning my stomach into a beer-whirling free for all. His long, tanned fingers were tipped with blunt, square nails and anchored by large, strong, work-roughened hands. I bit my lip and looked back at his face.

"I know that he left you and I can't imagine for a second what that does to a person or how you must feel, but," he took my hand in his, "at some point, Kylah, you have to let him go. It's been four years. For eight months I have been watching you, waiting for you to notice that I was, and seeing you go through the day working like a demon and never even seeing me. Now, if it's just me, then that's fine, I can accept that and move on myself. But if it's not, well, I guess I'm asking for a chance to show you how I feel. A woman like you would have a lot better pickings than some broke cowboy who showed up looking for work but I figured I'd ask just the same."

I looked at him like he was the mentally challenged one as his words sunk in. "A woman like me?'

His eyes were clear and hypnotizingly honest. "Yeah. Gorgeous, smart, good sense of humor, sexy as hell."

I jerked my hand away from his as if he had burned me. "Are you joking?" My face flushed and my trust issues reared its ugly head. I was as far from beautiful as a girl could get without having a major defect. I was plain and freckled, with too-large green eyes and a bottom lip that was bigger than the top. My auburn hair was always a wild, curling mess and I rarely bothered with make up or jewelry. I wore a t shirt and jeans like it was my uniform and considered dirt and bruises something to take a little pride in at the end of a day's hard work. I had a decent figure, toned by perseverance and determination to make the farm a success, working as hard as the men to do my fair share, but it was nothing beautiful.

The memory came, unbidden, of the night we had gone to town to the bar. The three of us had celebrated the arrival of a new foal by driving thirty miles for a couple of beers and a game of pool. I remembered the lithe blond that had zeroed in on Eric like he had a homing beacon hidden in his shoe. She had a scrap of a skirt on, heels, a tank top that revealed more than it concealed, and a fuck me smile. I was so green with envy at her casual pursuance of him, the way she stroked a finger down his bicep and laughed at something he had said, that I had switched to tequila and gotten quietly drunk in about twenty minutes. I remember coming home that night, so relieved that he had come home with us instead of going home with her, and stroking myself until I came, whimpering his name into my pillow.

Now, here he sat, telling me things that I had dreamt of hearing, and I was unable to believe them. I had drowned myself in work when Mark left, determined to carry out the plans that we had started before the brunette with the boobs had captured his attention and he left me high and dry, and if I was completely truthful, broken. I had blocked out things like sex and love because they were a distraction and, honestly, what were the chances of me ever finding something like that again and ending up with my heart intact? I was only 27 but I suddenly felt like an old woman looking back at her life and thinking about all of the missed chances.

"I'm not joking." His hand dropped and his fingers curled around my bare calf, the callused pad of his thumb stroking my sensitive skin. "You could do better than me. I want you real bad, though, and I care about you. A lot."

I stood abruptly, my heart hammering in fear that he was lying and in hope that he was not. "You don't have to tell me that, Eric. What? You find yourself in the mood and figure I would be an easy target? Then just come right out and say it's about fucking. Don't come up here with pretty lies and try to sweet talk me."

With that, he mounted the steps in a rush so that he stood before me. He grabbed my wrists roughly and placed one hand on his chest, just over his heart. The other he placed on his cock, long and thick and hard beneath the denim. "Feel that? I've been this hard for months. For you. Do you feel my heart? Feel how it's pounding? That's because I'm so fucking afraid you're not going to give me a chance and tell me to pack my shit and go. It's also pounding because there's still a chance you could say yes."

My nostrils flared as the scent of him invaded. It was all soap and warm and musky and male. I could feel his cock twitch beneath my hand and without stopping to think, pushed my hand harder against him. His hips jerked and he hissed through his teeth. I looked up to find his eyes closed and his face a mask that struggled for control. When he was an ounce calmer, he opened his eyes and looked down into mine. "I'm going to kiss you," he murmured, descending slowly, giving me plenty of time to back away.

I didn't. I met his lips with my own, meeting for a sweet, gentle, brushing stroke that sent my body into goosebump trauma. He deepened the kiss slowly, coaxing my lips apart and teasing me with his tongue. I moaned then, a breathless little sound of hunger and need, and gave another little squeeze to the denim bulge in my hand. His head jerked up. "Fuck!'

He grasped the sides of my face suddenly with both hands. My own jerked up in reflex and my fingers curled around his forearms and he consumed my mouth with nothing akin to gentleness. It was heat and hunger and greed. It pulled me down like a current in a river, sucking me into the dark depths of full blown lust before I had a chance to realize that I was drowning. Blood roared in my ears as he nipped at my full bottom lip with his teeth and then thrust his tongue back into my mouth to tease and stroke and demand. My nipples were hard and aching as they brushed his chest and my pelvis seemed to have a mind of it's own as it bumped forward, meeting his hardness and straining against it.

One hand slid down to cup my breast through the thin tank top I wore. I hadn't bothered with a bra after my shower and I was now so grateful for the fact that there was only one layer of cloth between him and I that I could have wept. I filled his hand perfectly. He kneaded and rubbed, his thumb coming up to brush my nipple once, twice...my knees buckled and I felt him smile against my mouth. In the next instant I was spun and swept up into his arms, leaving me mute with astonishment and lightheaded with giddiness. He crossed the porch and entered my kitchen door, managing to just miss the doorjamb with my head. "Which way?"

"Through there." I pointed the way to my bedroom and felt myself start to tremble with excitement. I felt a heavy, throbbing arousal as he sat me on my bed, and an accompanying moisture between my legs. He fumbled for the bedside lamp and switched it on, bathing us both in the soft yellow light. I slid over a few inches, silently inviting him to join me on the bed. His eyes darkened and he sucked in his breath as he pulled his shirt over his head and lay down beside me.

Our ardor from outside had cooled just a bit, enough that we began to explore each other with more than just a blind, furious lust. I gasped as his mouth found my earlobe, flicking it with his tongue and nipping with his teeth. His hand once more targeted my nipple and he toyed with it slowly, tracing circles around it and making the taunt peak stiffen even further in approval of his technique. He kissed his way down the side of my neck and nibbled at my collarbone, beginning to pinch my aching nipples between his fingers, rolling them, until I was panting and breathless. His hands moved away and I immediately felt bereft, calming when he slid them under my tank and across my smooth skin, tugging the shirt up as he went. I sat up just a little so he could pull it over my head and blushed anew as I saw the honest male appreciation in his eyes as he stared at my tits.

They weren't large and they weren't small, a more-than-a-mouthful handful of creamy skin and rosy nipples. I was thankful as he looked at me that they were perky and firm and, judging by the look in his eyes, just right. I watched as he trailed a long, tanned finger from my collar bone, down the middle of my chest, over my stomach and hooked it onto the waist of my cutoffs, tugging gently to unhook the button. My teeth fastened on my lower lip as he slowly drew down my zipper, and then grasped the denim by the frayed edges where they had been cut and tugged them down over my slightly raised hips.

He pulled them off of my feet and then cupped my hip in his palm. "You are perfect." He lowered his head, brushing my stomach with his soft hair and placed a kiss just above my white cotton panties. I had forgotten about those and I groaned. His eyebrow quirked at me in question.

I closed my eyes and shook my head. "Not the sexiest pair of underwear in the world, sorry."

He laughed. "Look at me. If you would have had on a trash bag I would have still wanted you. And, if you had been wearing something red and lacy I would have likely had a fucking heart attack."

I grinned, amused because men came equipped with a undeniable lie detector, which was hard and throbbing against my leg, threatening the stitching of his jeans. He gently pulled the panties down, exposing my reddish curls and moist heat. He cupped my mound in his hand and traced my slit with his middle finger, watching me as I gasped and arched. His head lowered to my nipple and teased there while his finger slowly explored my pussy, delving into the folds with a determined precision that left me weak and shuddering. He rolled onto me and kissed me on the mouth, drawing me down once more into the murky depths where I became a distant figure as my new lusty self took over.

He slid down my body, touching and tasting and nipping my skin. His tongue played at the hollow above my collarbone and then went lower to circle and flick my nipples. I could feel his hardness at the junction of my thighs, right up against my wet and aching need. He kissed and nipped my belly, flashing white teeth and pink tongue in the candle-like light of the lamp. I arched up, unable or unwilling to stop my hips, when his tongue found the top of my slit and stroked. In and out, he tasted me, teased me, until I had my hands fisted in the sheets and a steady whimper coming from my lips. I gasped when my clit was tongued lightly and cried out in shock as he sucked it into his mouth, still using the tip of his tongue to pet my clit.

He worshipped my pussy thoroughly, leaving nothing untouched or unloved. I was in a blissful heaven, overwhelmed with pleasure and long-denied sensations. Eric licked and sucked and kissed me, tongue fucking me until I was begging to come. I loved his gentleness and thorough passion, and the way his skills were so lovingly applied. It made me so hot to be treated so delicately when I had been 'one of the guys' for so long. I felt like a woman. On the other hand I loved his barely contained ferocity, the way he let a little bit of roughness out, using his teeth and his hands to demand a response from my body. When he did that, I felt kind of slutty and depraved for loving it so. And in the most basic sense, female.

When he eased a finger inside of my tight opening, I felt like I would shatter. I grasped his hair in my fists, whispering his name. His fingers stroked a rhythm that escalated with each of my sobbing breaths until he was finger fucking me like mad, tonguing my clit, and commanding me to cum. My eyes were wide open but the room went dark as pleasure overloaded me and I flew apart. Bucking and crying out, I rode the wave, every nerve ending in my body screaming with unaccustomed joy. I felt a giant pulse over my skin that throbbed in tandem with my heart and my clit and I was flushed with exuberant bliss.

Eric placed long slow kisses on the insides of my thighs as I gradually regained sight and a sense of self. I was limp and fevered in his hands. He rolled away and stood. I watched as he unbuttoned the last few buttons of his jeans, peeling the tight denim down his muscular thighs. Removing his boots, jeans, and boxer briefs in one smooth motion, he stood, looking down at me. He stood proudly, his cock jutting out in front of him, and let me look my fill. I let my eyes drink in the sight of him. Edible nipples, a flat, hard stomach, tight bum, and a beautiful, thick cock. My attention was drawn there as he wrapped a hand around his shaft, slowly stroking, and I was entranced by the drop of precum pearling at it's tip.

"Are you sure you want this? Me?" His voice, low and rough with arousal, was even and steady. "I want to make sure. We can stop now if you want."

I felt my hardened heart crack a little at his words. Just by looking at him I could tell that to stop now would be in the very least uncomfortable for him. And, yet, he was willing to stop, to turn around and go, on my word. I looked at him with mock severity. "You come here now or you're fired."

A slow grin lit his face and I realized that he had honestly been worried that I would send him away. "Yes, ma'am."

The mattress dipped beneath his knee as he climbed onto the bed. I half sat, reaching out a hand to lightly touch his cock. He sucked in his breath and raised up to stand on his knees, allowing me to explore as much as I liked. I liked a lot.

I stroked him lightly at first and then became more confident when he shuddered and groaned as my finger slid through the wet stickiness at the tip of him. I did it again, purposely and felt my lips curl in a feline smile of satisfaction at his repeated reaction. I cupped his balls in one hand and began to slowly pump his cock with the other, wetted with his own fluid.

I loved the way his head tipped back in surrender when I took him into my mouth. I licked the length of him and swirled my tongue around the sensitive head, lapping at the leaking tip. I heard him swear and fist a hand in my hair as I sucked him into my mouth deeply, taking him to the back of my throat. I moaned as he hardened further, sliding in and out of my mouth with increasing speed.

Suddenly he pulled me away, sitting back on his heels, chest heaving. "I can't. I can't take any more. I want to be inside of you."

He moved my legs, crawling between them, and hooked one leg over his shoulder. I felt his thick cock head probe at my wet opening, seeking entrance into my body. I spread my other leg just a little wider. He eased in and stopped. I whined in protest, rocking my hips with greed.

"Easy, sweetheart. I don't want to hurt you. You're so tight. So fucking tight and wet..." He trailed away and pushed in another inch. I moaned in delight and with a dark, secret thrill at his words.

12