Walking into Fire Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was hard for Jessie to regain control of herself, but she managed to calm the wailing moans to silent sniffles once again. She couldn't make herself let Danny go, couldn't make herself put even the slightest space between them.

"I think we should go home now, Jessie." His soft words seeped through her desperate obsession to hold onto him and never let go.

She became aware of their surroundings and the fact people were staring at them. Reluctantly, she retracted her arms and stood up. She used the sleeve of her sweatshirt to whip her eyes as Danny rose from the wheelchair.

He coughed a little before taking her other arm, which was not covered in tears and snot, and escorted her out of the ER. They went home in silence. Danny thanking his lucky stars that he didn't meet his maker, Jessie impatient to get home so she could tell him how much she loved him.

--~~--

Tessa was tired when Duncan lead her into the house. She trudged to the bedroom, lying back on the big bed with a tired sigh. Her day had started early, she mused, and hadn't seemed to stop until now. Her gaze strayed to Duncan who was casually leaning in the doorway.

She turned to look at the clock on the nightstand and her eyes curiously returned to Duncan. "Shouldn't you be scrambling into your uniform and running out the door to work?" she asked.

He shook his head. "I took off tonight."

She managed to rouse her scattered thoughts to think on his words. A question came to mind, "If you took off, why did you demand I dress up tonight?"

Duncan's eyebrows rose, indicating a reluctance to confess. He straightened from the doorway and put his hand in his pants pocket.

It was the first time Tessa took notice of his attire. He was clothed in a light blue dress shirt with cuffs rolled back to his elbows, a pair of black dress pants that bore wrinkles from excessive movement, a purple tie hung limply around a loosened collar, and black dress shoes scuffed in places from too much pacing.

As he moved towards her, he brought out a small, velvet box from his pocket. The picture he presented transfixed Tessa. Her brow wrinkled in thought. She should know what this all meant, but her brain didn't feel like cooperating.

Duncan eased down onto his knees in front of her, helping her sit up on the bed. They were eyelevel with each other when he spoke, "Tessa, I love everything about you. I would have been content to remain friends until we became old and gray if you hadn't had the guts to change my way of thinking. You changed my life the day you walked into the firehouse all dolled up and sexy. All the days after, you taught me that I couldn't screw up a relationship if I really cared about the person, you taught me that I could love."

He sighed as he gathered his thoughts. "This morning my fear was shinning through. Ever since you insisted on a commitment," he kissed her cheek showing his gratitude for her boldness, "you didn't dress like that since. I thought it was a sign that you were getting tired of me. A year after we had been together, I bought this," he opened the box to show her it's contents.

Tessa gasped when she saw the ring. A lone sapphire in a platinum setting winked up at her. It wasn't gaudy or elaborate. It was simple with a quiet elegance. She loved it because she couldn't have chosen a more perfect ring herself.

Duncan took out the ring and set the box aside. "I waited for you to dress like a woman again, a sign that you were not getting tired of me," he stopped for second noting how silly his worries sounded when voiced. He knew he was botching everything up. Proposing wasn't as easy as he thought it would be.

Swallowing his pride he got on with it. "I'm sorry it took me so long. Will you marry me, Tessa?"

"Oh...Duncan..." she thought desperately for a word grander than an ordinary "yes," but the dulling disappointment in Duncan's eyes had her shouting, "YES!"

She took a breath as he slipped the ring on the appropriate finger and leaned his forehead intimately against hers. Trying again she said, "Yes, Duncan, I'll marry you. Although I was wondering if I should have been the one to propose."

He reared back. "No way, Tessa," he said vehemently. "You worked on my truck, you fixed the garbage disposal, but you were not going to be the one to propose."

She laughed at the stern look on his face. "It's a good thing I thought better of it and left it up to you, then." She grew serious. "I'm sorry that I don't act like a woman," a grin split her lips, "except in bed. I'll see what I can do about dressing all girlie once a year."

"Twice a week," Duncan countered.

"Twice a year."

"Once a week."

Tessa growled in exasperation. "Once a month, or I don't do it at all."

"Fine," he relented, "but if you decide to dress up more than once a month, I wouldn't complain."

She flashed a rueful look down at the black skirt she wore. "I don't see the appeal. It's uncomfortable and that breeze...it's unnatural!"

"I don't know," Duncan critically eyed the skirt. "There are some useful aspects to you wearing a skirt."

Tessa snorted. "Like what?"

His hand touched her calf as he pretended to consider the possibilities. "Well," his hand massaged its way to her thigh. He could feel her muscles relax. "When we're out in public, it could conceal all sorts of interesting things."

"Really?" she questioned, her breath becoming shallow with anticipation.

"Yes," he confirmed, his fingers skimming the crotch of her lacy panties. Duncan growled in his throat. "You're wet," he breathed.

She gave a little cry as he tweaked her barely covered nub. "I'm always wet around you," she panted.

"Three years and you still have this reaction around me?" he mumbled the question as he concentrated on the feel of her special lubrication seeping through her panties. He played with her folds through the covering, her hips shifting anxiously.

With a leisurely move, he pulled at the crotch of her underwear, making the delicate scrap rip. His finger entered her. She moaned her appreciation, as he marveled at her slick warmth. The feel of her juices coating his finger made his hardened cock jump in his pants. He wanted to tear off his pants and ride her hard until they couldn't walk, but he had had his sexual way with her that morning. The night was hers alone.

Duncan's free hand reached up and undid a few buttons of her blouse until he revealed her bra. He pulled down one cup of the demi-bra to reveal a pert nipple. Just as he rolled her nipple between his thumb and finger, he inserted two fingers into her liquid heat.

Tessa was mindless, wallowing in the languid pleasure. His light twists and pinches to her one bare nipple sent sparks of pleasure racing down to her pussy. The dual stimulation made her womb clench in expectation. Without warning, both his hands were gone from her body.

Her heavy lids jolted open to see what he was doing. "Are you going to come inside?" she purred the question.

"Not right now," he answered as he grabbed her ass with both hands and pulled her to the edge of the bed, giving his head easy access to her enthralling taste.

Duncan took in the sight of her. She was leaning back on her elbows, her blouse partially undone, and her skirt hiked up ending mere inches from the tops of her thighs. He could see the moist pussy quivering for release; hungry for anything he might give it.

Entranced, he pushed her skirt to her waist and lowered his head to her waiting cunt. He could hear Tessa gasp when the tip of his tongue lightly touch her nub. Her hips lifted and he used his left arm to anchor her to the bed.

Tessa's arms gave out from under her causing her head to hit the mattress. She whimpered as his tongue did an exploration of her pussy lips, every so often going back to tease her clit. Her hands undid the rest of her blouse; she yanked down the other half of her bra to play with her own breasts. She cried out when Duncan's tongue plunged into her.

It wasn't enough for her; she needed something more substantial to satisfy her. "I need you inside me," she whispered.

"No," the vibration from his voice reverberated through her body.

He started to suck on her pussy lips as the fingers of his right hand invaded her core again. Her hips jolted with the stimulation. All thoughts emptied out of her head when his mouth sucked and nipped at her straining clit.

She was so close to the edge all he needed to do was another nip, lick, or suck on her nub to send her over. Duncan did better than that. He latched onto her clit and hummed. Tessa exploded with a kaleidoscope of intense feelings. She felt the vibrations in every part of her sensitive body.

Duncan rode out her orgasm, licking up the juices from her spending. He was looking forward to spending his future with his vivacious tomboy.

--~~--

Danny watched the water go down the drain. He had finished taking a bath, something that Jessie had insisted on drawing him. After a heated argument, which ended with him doubled over in a coughing fit, she resolutely walked into the bathroom and started running the water. He had no more fight left in him after that.

As he got out, he admitted to himself she was right in making him take a bath. The soak did wonders to make him feel better. No wonder women spent hours laying in the tub. He never understood the reasoning before now. He felt rejuvenated, as if the energy lost in the fire was restored to him.

His eyes were drawn to the closed bathroom door. It was oddly quiet on the other side. Normally Jessie had something on, stillness of any kind drove her nuts. She seemed changed since he came out of the Emergency Room.

He expected her to rail at him the whole way home, giving him grief for walking into a burning building unprotected. A deep sigh escaped him. Their budding relationship was fragile. She hadn't even told him her answer, but he knew the events of the day were a deal-breaker. Jessie wasn't the type of woman to sit around and worry about her man. Danny knew she liked knowing he would be safe at all times.

On the other hand, Danny wasn't the type to stand around and watch a building burn with people inside. He had the ability to save lives; he was going to use the ability when needed.

Danny sat heavily on the lid of the toilet. He stared at the blue and white-checkered floor, trying to come to the realization that he was going to have to say good-bye to Jessie. There was a sharp, stabbing pain in the vicinity of his heart. She had been the only woman for him. Because of his job, his life, he was forced to choose between what he loved to do and the woman he loved. Unfortunately, it was no contest; he chose his job. If he wasn't a fireman, he would be incomplete, unhappy. Jessie deserved more than an empty shell of a man with no purpose. Stealing himself for heartbreak -- his and hers -- he took the towel that hung limply from his fingers and wrapped it around his middle. With shaky resolve, he opened the door not ready to face Jessie, but not having a choice in the matter.

He found her sprawled out on her bed staring at the ceiling. There didn't seem to be any life in her. It was as if she crawled into herself and refused to come out. He sat next to her on the bed and put his hand on her thigh, needing the contact. She didn't acknowledge, cringe away, or slap at his touch. He found her lack of reaction disconcerting.

"Jessie, I think we need to have a talk," his voice was grim, carrying the weight of his decision.

Her head shifted to look at his back. She was still in shock over the thought that she had almost lost him without confessing her love. Jessie found the thought sobering. She saw her behavior as being childish and wasteful of the time they had with each other. Scared and uncertain indeed, she chided herself for the lies. What she had wanted to do was make him squirm while waiting for her. The games men and women played seemed trivial now, a waste of perfectly good time.

Danny continued on mistaking her silence for acceptance, "I guess of what happened, you've decided against a relationship between us. N...not that I blame you or anything!" He turned to see her staring at him, an unfathomable look in her unpredictable blue eyes.

Resolutely, he went on while facing her, "If you're going to give me an ultimatum - quite your job or no relationship - it's not going to fly with me. A firefighter is who I am. I can't just leave a job I've dreamed about for all my life. I wouldn't be me anymore if I did that." His eyes begged her for understanding while her gaze remained steadfast. "I would be empty inside if I wasn't a firefighter and you wouldn't want to be with someone who wasn't complete. It would be like living with a zombie...or so I imagine."

Danny watched as hurt bled into her eyes. It was deep seated and painful as if he had taken a knife and mercilessly plunged it into her heart. He expected that reaction and understood the pain. His own heart felt like it was being ripped out of his ribcage. Maybe it had been a mistake to choose his job over her. A realization struck him, one that paralyzed his body.

It was true Danny wouldn't be complete without his job, but he wouldn't be complete without Jessie either. He needed both of them.

Her softly spoken words cut into his momentary epiphany. "Did you honestly think I would make you choose between me and your job? What kind of woman do you take me for? Do I seem so heartless to you?"

"Not heartless," he replied quickly. There was more he wanted to say, but his reasoning -- foolish now that he thought about it -- seemed inadequate in the face of her questions. He wondered if he had misjudged her.

Quick as a whip, her hurt turned into anger. "I can't believe you would think that of me," she growled. "How long have I known you? When we were kids, how many times did I sit by your side listening to all the reasons why you wanted to be a firefighter? Wasn't it me you confessed your most important reason to? Didn't you tell me how your father died in a fire before you took my virginity?"

With each question her voice rose in direct proportion to her growing anger. She was on her knees, looking straight into his eyes.

In the face of her loyalty and understanding, he found himself speechless for an entirely different reason. His heart pounded heavily in his chest while his desires came crashing down upon him. He had been obsessed with Jessie all these years because she was the only one who could touch his scars. Her rage reminded him of all the other reasons why he loved her.

He kissed her unable to help himself. Jessie was his because she could touch his scars. She was his because of her insurmountable kindness. She was his because of her wildly passionate nature. Most importantly, she was his because she was the only person on earth who understood him.

Her body was rigid when he started kissing her. She desperately wanted to push him away and continue screaming at him. His lack of trust was like a slap in the face. The old Jessie would have given into those needs, but the new Jessie understood life was too short for anger and misunderstandings. She would talk to him about his idiotic assumption later.

Sighing her resignation, she sunk into him. The combined scent of his masculinity and the feminine bath salts she had slipped into his bath sent an erotic shiver through her body. She felt a primitive satisfaction in the exotic aroma as if she had placed her mark on him.

Jessie's hands ran over his muscular chest, feeling the contours of his pecks. They trailed down to his abs and she felt a giddy delight when they twitched at her touch.

Danny gripped her sweatshirt in his hands and yanked the offending material up and over her head, tossing it in a random direction. He did the same to her sweat pants. After discarding the unJessie-like clothing, he sat back from her and took in the sight of her underwear. They were plain with no lace, no frills. The only purpose her cotton panties and bra had served was for her comfort alone, not to entice a man. She never looked more beautiful to him.

He kissed her again with passion riding him hard. His body moved into hers, trying to persuade her into lying down so he could ravish her, but she had other plans. With more force, she pushed him down on his back and climbed on top.

She closed her eyes savoring the exquisite contact of his hard shaft nestled against her sensitive feminine place. Her hips gently moved back and forth, rubbing their sexes together. Jessie's breath was shallow and fast as the bulging veins in his shaft bumped up against her cloth-covered clit.

She was driving him crazy with her movements. Danny could feel her juices soak through her panties to coat his throbbing hard-on. He managed to rise into a sitting position and reached around to unclasp her bra. She didn't stop him, mindless in her own delight

Her breasts were delicate round porcelain globes topped with perfect nipples, which were reaching towards his mouth. Jessie whimpered when his mouth made contact. Her hands delved into his hair as he started to suck and nip at her left breast. He moved to do the same to her right breast. Her nails clawed down his back leaving temporary red welts in their wake. He growled feeling her mark him.

"Lay down, Danny. I need you," she panted.

He obliged her, barely. Danny was struggling with the urge to throw her down and pound into her with the force of two weeks worth of frustration. The only thing keeping him from doing it was the look in Jessie's eyes. Underneath all the lust and the passion were a familiar, deep-seated love and the need for her to express that love.

She climbed off him long enough to remove her soaked underwear, and then she was back positioning the head of his erection to the center of her heat. A moan escaped them both as she slowly slid down his impressive length.

His hands grasped her hips, helping her set a steady pace. He pressed his head back into the softness of the bed in an effort to resist the urge to pump into her. A feminine chuckle broke through the chaos of passion and need. He looked at her as she rose up and down, her breasts bouncing rhythmically. Her eyes were heavy-lidded with a spark of awareness. Jessie leaned over -- never losing the rhythm.

"Stop holding back. Use me the way you want to," she whispered in his ear.

Danny let go of the struggle. With a burst of strength, he rolled them over until she was on the bottom. He gritted his teeth and started to pound roughly into her. His mind was lost in a red haze.

Jessie was a little surprised by his savageness. She closed her eyes and welcomed the brutal treatment. It only served to excite her more, heighten her senses into noticing all the little things she never noticed before. She heard their ragged breathing and the slapping of their flesh. She felt the slight pain that mingled with the pleasure, enhancing the force of her mounting orgasm.

With one final thrust, Danny buried himself to the hilt with a shout and splashed his seed within her. His orgasm triggered hers. She cried out his name as the walls of her vagina started to massage every last drop from him.

He dropped on top of her, uncaring if he was squashing her. Burying his nose in her neck, he closed his eyes and savored her smell. He heard her sniffle and immediately moved off her.

Tears were leaking out of her closed eyes and she started to shake with silent sobs. Danny was stunned. He never saw her cry, not even when he broke up with her in high school. Now he was witnessing her cry for the second time in one night.

A wail erupted from her as she threw herself into his arms. He cradled her close feeling the wetness of her tears fall onto his chest.

She hiccuped and an intelligible sound came out of her mouth. For a moment, it seemed like she was trying to compose herself before she said, "I love you, Danny, and I accept who you are. But I would be lying to you if I didn't tell you that I was scared when I heard you were in the hospital."