Warhammer 40k: Void Crossed Lovers Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Daddaddadad!" Jornan said. "I don't want to hear about your mistresses!"

"Laddie!" Hall shook his head.

Albus Melicor winced. Something was shining into his eyes.

The two Hall's didn't even notice as Albus Melichor's head exploded with a nearly silent piff. His headless corpse staggered backwards, hit the railing on the edge of the spaceport, and flipped off.

"Come on, Dad," Jornan said, shaking his head. "Lets go home."

A kilometer away, a robed figure -- protected by the rain and the wind by a truly grotesquely overdone piece of gargoyle statuary -- ducked backwards. They opened a long unused concealed maintenance hatch and stepped inside. Once the door closed and they were out of the rain, they reached up and brushed their hood back. Raven black curls spilled around their shoulders -- though the tips indicated that red was their natural color. They framed a beautiful female face, with cat-green eyes that practically glowed in the darkness. Almond shaped, they were deapthless and far from human -- a fact accentuated by her long, pointed ears.

"This," she said, slinging her stalker bolter off her shoulder and leaning it against the wall. "Has been the weirdest fucking assignment you've ever sent me on, Old One."

The other figure in the room -- also robed -- chuckled. But when they tossed their hood back, they were male and the armor beneath the robes was clearly not of human make. Too smooth. Too molded. The man grinned wryly and held up his palm. A series of runes -- carved onto chips of bone-like material -started to bob and dance in the air.

"The foretelling is quite clear, Anyan," the Farseer said, quietly. "Though, I fear that the future ahead is not going to be easy for you."

She shrugged. "You said that this was the way to find my happily ever fucking after. You know? Home, a nice bed, food that doesn't taste like ass?"

The Farseer nodded. "And the salvation of our species. That is what matters a touch more."

Anyan snorted and lifted up her hand in a very human gesture.

The Farseer shook his head. "I never understood how you could lower to use these mon-keigh...things." His finger touched the edge of the stalker-bolter.

Anyan grinned. "The mon-keigh brought three things into the galaxy for which I will be grateful for until I join the Infinity Circuit." Her fingers, for a moment, touched the necklace that hung around her throat, and the soul-gem that it bore. "The first is their booze. The second is their cigars."

She grinned wickedly. "And the third? Their fucking bolters. These fuckin' things make up for a whole fuck of a lot."

The Farseer snorted. "Ever the outcast, Ranger?"

Anyan lifted her hand in the same human gesture.

But the Farseer was already gone.

Anyan shook her head and stepped to the door. She pulled the scope off her bolter and put it to her eye, opening the door just a crack. Through the slit, through the rain, she watched as Jornan Hall and his father walked away. She considered -- and wondered.

You will save the child not born

You will slay the three who would strangle love

You will suffer six thousand torments for six thousand years

You will die of a frozen breath

And be woken by the Eagle of your Heart

Anyan frowned. "What's his family ship called again?"

Quietly, she thought.

Then, louder.

"Motherfucker."

THE END