Warming the IcePrincess Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
J-Stroke
J-Stroke
91 Followers

"So that was your voice I heard on the television today," were the first words I uttered as my brain tried to process this alteration in the fabric of my reality.

Her soft answer came in the form of a single word, "Yes."

I tried to keep the hurt from my voice but was completely unsuccessful, "So Katharine... is there anything else you'd like to tell me, like oh perhaps you're actually a man hiding under those shapely curves and pretty curls?"

She cringed briefly at my barb but answered in the clear soft tone said, "There's a great deal I wanted to tell you Jane and now that Adams has been arrested, I can tell you all of it."

I leaned back against the stiff chair still looking at her license card and read the name aloud, "Katharine Clarisse Stilwell," and shook my head in disbelief.

"Actually I do prefer Claire," she said with a small hopeful smile.

My hands fell into my lap as I looked over at her trying to get my seething anger under control. She was still the same gorgeous woman I had lusted after in a four-year secret obsession. In the last three amazing days, she had become the lover I could only have invented in my dreams. I decided finally that it didn't really matter what her name was. I loved her anyway. Even though it was difficult for me to open my heart to anyone, I still trusted her somehow. It hurt me deeply to have that trust trampled on even a little. Intellectually I knew I needed to hear the rest story and right now! Emotionally I was still a bit fragile and deep in my subconscious some of my mental armor snapped into place.

Casually flipping the plastic card onto the table top where it spun to a stop against her fingers I said, "Alright Katharine, lets have the rest of it," I was still was having considerable trouble keeping the anguish from my voice. I had to calm myself down and listen to her. Although emotionally I still wanted to run from the room and cry like a baby.

"Jane do you recall ever seeing or hearing the name K.C. Stilwell around the office," she asked tentatively.

Instantly recognizing the name I answered, "Yeah, as a matter of fact I do. Salesperson of the year for six straight years out of the L.A. office and then "poof" that name disappeared from the awards roster about four years ago."

Before she could say another word I bounced forward in my chair pointing at her and erupted into giddy laughter, "You! You are K.C. Stilwell!"

My mind instantly recalled scenes of the break room at work where the sales staff was bitching about that effing K.C. Stilwell winning top honors again. I laughed softly and said to her, "I don't think the salespeople in the home office ever realized you weren't a man."

She smiled ruefully before saying, "We were counting on that."

"You see four years ago Jane my dad along with the board of directors had already approved the position of Vice President of sales for me after Avery Crumpler retired. But, before it would be officially acknowledged he asked me to do him and the company a favor. A big one."

Taking a deep breath and letting half of it out through pursed lips she added, "This is where it gets complicated. The company was in the midst of the merger with Allied. At the last minute, they threw in the provision that Clifton Adams and another pair of V. P.'s were to be given comparable slots in our organization. Dad was under immense pressure from the board to close the deal and reluctantly agreed to it."

She paused thoughtfully and then resumed her narrative, "My dad was never comfortable with the arrangement and Adams bothered him most of all with his "streamlined accounting system."

Her expression changed and stared off into space continuing, "You see Jane, Pop was an old school accountant before he started Continental insurance forty some years ago. What he saw Adams doing with the books at Allied made him uncomfortable, but neither he nor an FBI investigation of Allied years before could ever prove anything was going on."

"He wanted someone he could trust to keep an eye on Adams and see if he was up to something. Naturally he reached out to me, his only daughter who was at that time completely anonymous inside the home office."

Suddenly all of the disquieting things I had learned about Claire started to fit into place. The car, the condo, the furnishings, the clothes. On an executive assistant's salary, my ass! Things were beginning to make some sense to me so I quickly tuned back into her story.

"We tried to slip me into a position that wouldn't arouse his suspicions and when his executive assistant quit unexpectedly, I was in," She said excitedly almost as though she where talking about someone else.

"The name was totally my father's invention, my middle name, and a variation on his first name which very few people even know, luckily for us it worked. We fooled everyone. No one ever caught on to who I really was. Including some people I never wanted to mislead, I am sorry Jane, but it just couldn't be helped."

I nodded accepting her explanation completely. She was still every bit the woman I was in love with secretly for the past four years. I was forced to come to grips now that to keep from deceiving me she would have had to betray her father. That was a standard I wouldn't hold myself to and would be monstrously unfair for me to apply to her.

After asking myself honestly, what had really changed? The answer that peaked out from behind my bruised ego was not one damn thing!

"Claire," I stuttered, "I do love you, I can't change that," I said with absolute sincerity, "but, for future reference, don't ever do anything like this again. I don't like being lied to or deceived, I can't handle it. Call it a character defect if you have to but honesty is something I prize above anything else. I won't let myself compromise on that, do we understand each other?"

"Yes absolutely!" was her immediate reply as her tight expression relaxed into a smile.

I stood holding my arms open and she exploded out her chair to fill the vacant space. Her mouth found mine in a warm, loving kiss was but when the tear sliding down her cheek touched my skin I realized with some surprise that she was sobbing in my arms. I held her tightly trying to communicate the affection I felt for her through the embrace but after a moment, I pulled back a bit and rested my forehead lightly against hers.

I asked her, "This has really been bothering you hasn't it ...babe?"

A tearful, "Yes," was her reply as her soft sobs continued.

I told her gently, "It's alright now honey, I'm not upset with you."

Her voice squeaked thinly as her crying continued, "But I was so scared that you would be so mad. I was afraid that you might be angry and you'd leave because I didn't tell you the truth. I felt like I was risking everything that mattered to me because I just couldn't risk telling you who I really was."

"Ah ...Claire honey," I said in a lighter tone, "That was before I knew that you've spent so much time in sales." I paused to let out a little giggle and told her, "Well shit, now I kind of expect that sort of behavior."

Her head rose slowly and her teary eyes held mine in an incredulous stare for about three seconds. Her sobs ceased and her body began shaking again but this time with quiet relieved laughter. The sound filling the quite room helped lift the heavy atmosphere from both of us.

She shook her head and said snuffling her now running nose, "Very funny Jane, Very funny indeed." I pecked her on the lips tasting her salty tears and immediately leaned in for a longer more intimate kiss that she needed as much as I did.

"Alright funny girl," she smiled at me and said, "Let's get going to this damn reception so you can find out the rest of the gory details."

Hooking my arm through hers, as started for the bedroom in search of proper attire, I said, "With pleasure my love, with pleasure."

Just watching her dress was incredibly erotic for me, her movements were so smoothly efficient, and her selections so impeccable I was getting all hot and bothered just watching her get dressed. She pulled on her dark crimson hose and adjusted the garter belt suspenders until they were just right. I stopped what I was doing completely to marvel at her faultless beauty. Watching someone getting dressed would not normally do this to me but I was so captivated with watching her, I couldn't even properly run a brush through my hair. Her unrestrained breasts swayed with her movements as she slipped into a pair of scandalously brief panties I had to force myself to turn away or I would never get myself ready to go. I had to choose between putting on my own clothes so I could go with her or keep watching her and masturbating. It was a very close call which would win out. Finally able to finish with my hair and plucked a very lightweight thong from the boutique bag I was given on my birthday. I carefully slid it up and over my still tender ass and decided to dispense with a bra. The dress Claire had loaned me was essentially a shapeless tube in mercifully lightweight silk. The russet colored dress had thin spaghetti straps and had a loose scooping cowl neck. The color complimented my sandy blonde hair and seemed to make my clear blue eyes sparkle when I finished with my mascara and stepped back from the mirror for a final appraisal.

I heard an appreciative whistle behind me and then her reflection emerged over my shoulder to join me admiring my reflection in the mirror. I smiled for her and she dangled a pair of open toed leather high-heeled pumps with copper accents over my shoulder. I reached for them but as I did, the gathers at my neckline shifted a bit and Claire gasped in my ear.

She asked me with a smile and pointed at my reflection, "Are you sure you want go without a bra Jane?"

"Absolutely," I answered her in all seriousness, "I want everyone to know how excited I am to be with you."

She smiled brightly and said, "You go girl," punctuating it with a light smack on my cheek as she stepped around me to perform her own facial ablutions.

Chapter 7

Revelations

The ride to the hotel where this shindig was taking place was as brief as 600 plus horsepower could make it. The two of us walking together seemed to draw quite a few stares as we made our way through the hotel's lobby. I wasn't deluding myself that they were gawking at the stick woman in the russet dress walking next to the clock-stopping enchantress I was trying to keep pace with.

Bedecked in deep crimson from her lovely throat to the floorboards, she was stunning. Her ensemble's continuity was only broken by two delectable expanses of creamy white skin. Under the short upright collar encircling her slender neck where the dress began, the shimmering fabric covered her shoulders terminating in very short sleeves leaving the rest of her arms bare. From there things became much more interesting. The front of the dress opened into a scooping teardrop to reveal just enough cleavage to hint at the treasures hidden below. Connecting the collar with the sleeves there was a small stretch of fabric that spilled over her shoulders. After that, the entire back of the dress was missing from her shoulder blades downward to her waist. It resumed concealing her flesh from view just in time to shroud the first smooth swelling of her scrumptious derrière. (Oh how I wanted to get her back home and out of that damn dress!) As we approached the open ballroom doors, she paused bending her arm out to me saying, "Shall we?"

Slipping my own arm through hers, I answered, "Absolutely! What do ya say, you give them all something to look at, and I'll give them something to talk about."

Her relaxed smile was a delight to see when she glanced over her shoulder at me and said just before we stepped inside, "You are just too damn cute girl." She then abruptly turned in front of me and lightly brushed a nonexistent fleck of dust from my dress. Her fingers swiped across the material near my nipple giving her the opportunity to surreptitiously brush across it.

I protested, "Now that's not fair you, you, devious woman, now that one's gonna stick out way farther than the other," I tried rearranging the loose folds at my neck in a futile attempt at preserving my now seriously imbalanced immodesty.

She whispered into my ear, "You said you wanted everyone to see how excited you were to be with me, well I guess I do too."

Under my breath I muttered, "Just wait till I get you home woman you're gonna pay for that."

Laughing openly she answered, "Promises, promises."

I pulled her close so that I could be certain she would be the only one to hear. I whispered in a husky tone, "Lady, I don't really care what name you have on your drivers license, as long as it is MY name you're screaming when you cum."

Slipping my arm from hers, I snuck it behind her for a quick pinch to reinforce of my declaration. Her yelp and surprised throaty giggle had heads all over the room turning in our direction. Regaining her composure, she acknowledged several people that she recognized as we made our way deeper inside the sparsely populated ballroom.

We were still walking together when she stopped and said, "Oh, I didn't expect to see them here tonight."

I scanned the room asking her, "Who Babe?"

"Them," she said pointing toward two uncomfortable looking men across the room. One was older and rather distinguished looking. The younger of the pair was a bit more disheveled, but both men wore unimpressive grey suits with dark narrow ties and black utilitarian shoes.

I asked her flatly, "You mean the cops?"

She laughed answering, "Yes, but actually they're Feds. FBI for your information and they have both been very helpful in this case."

"And such snappy dressers too," I clowned to her in an exaggerated mocking tone.

She slapped my arm in their defense, "I would like to go thank them for coming," then asked me, "Do you mind?"

"Sure thing toots," I said in my best Jimmy Cagney voice, "Go ahead toss me aside to go schmooze with the G-men," I couldn't keep it up and added chuckling in my own voice, "If there's a bar in this place that's where you'll find me, I think I need a drink."

She pointed vaguely toward one corner of the room and said, "I'll catch up with you there babe," and as I turned away she gave me a pinch every bit as good as the one she got in the doorway.

I couldn't resist watching her in motion as she went to greet the two Feds. God was she a amazing. I smiled hugely with the secret knowledge that tonight I would be the only one here to find out how spectacular those parts that her dress did cover up really were. I felt like I had just won the lottery. (Honey I've hit the jackpot! Yehaw!) I made my way in the general direction she indicated and found a typical hotel cash bar. It was a slightly upscale version somewhat longer and sturdier looking. My heart sank when I noticed that the top was covered in pre-poured champagne flutes and the basic ingredients for bone-dry gin martinis. Neither was to my liking so I asked the barkeep if that was all he had and his answer was a disheartening, "Yeah pretty much."


Shaking my head in disappointment, I said aloud, "Damn, I'd kill for a beer. You know something with some flavor and a little color."

"I wish I could help you, but the only beer I have back here is reserved," he said as I turned away from him leaning heavily against the bar to look around the people bustling into room.

Off to my right I heard a soft raspy drawl say just loud enough to be heard over the din, "Don't be an ass Stu, give the lady a beer."

I turned to see a tanned very handsome gentleman with starkly silver hair hoist a dark brown bottle to his mustached lips and wink at me as he tipped it back. I heard a church key in action behind me and spun to find the recalcitrant bartender reaching toward me to hand over an ice-cold bottle of dark imported ale. I saluted my generous bar mate with a tip of the bottle before hoisting it and talking a long thirst quenching pull.

"Ahhh, damn that's good," I said stepping down the bar to thank my benefactor.

"Jane De Marco" I said offering my hand, "and you sir, are my new hero."

He smiled up at me the small creases on his weathered face crinkling at the corners of his hazel eyes. He took my hand and said, "Don't be lying now little lady I saw you coming in," he pointed with his bottle toward the main doors and said, "You already got yourself a hero."

I smiled around a sip and asked him, "Does it show?"

"It surely does," he said not letting go of my hand and continued introducing himself, "Bartholomew Stilwell, but my drink 'in buddies call me Bart," he finished with another barely perceptible wink.

My mouth fell open in instant recognition of the name, "Well fancy meeting you here," I laughed uncomfortably.

He looked me over, then nodded as if settling some internal debate about me, and said looking into my eyes, "I've heard some good things about you Miss De Marco, and I hope to hell they're all true."

His smile evaporated as he went on, "Only one thing means a damn to me though, you gonna make my baby girl happy?"

Momentarily stunned by his directness I set my beer down and looked at my empty hands deciding now was not the time to tap-dance around the truth. I needed to be just as honest and direct as he was being and told him, "I'm damn sure gonna try."

I looked up into his eyes recognizing the same inherent strength there that I saw when I looked at his daughter and finished my thought, "I don't really have a choice sir, I love her."

Searching my face, he finally patted my arm warmly and said, "That's all I can ask honey, I thank you for being straight with me."

"I don't know any other way to be ...sir," I said returning my eyes to my empty hands.

He said under a mock scowl, "You can knock off that sir crap any time now, call me Bart."

Still unsettled I answered him reflexively, "Yes sir...Bart...sir."

With his smile masked beneath his wide white moustache he chortled, "Slow learner."

His jab had me chuckling quietly along with him, still looking down at my beer and said, "That may be Bart, but once I get a fix on something it pretty much stays learned."

"She sure is something our Claire, isn't she?" He said never taking his eyes off me.

Hearing the undisguised love and admiration for her coming through in his voice I answered with enchantment, "She's wonderful Bart. She's so much more than I'd ever hoped for or dreamed of, I have to keep asking myself how the hell did I get so...lucky."

He tipped my chin up gently and said in his smooth southwestern drawl, "I know just how you feel little lady. I been in love before, couple times actually. Felt the same way about her mama, she sure was something too, damn how I miss her. She was an awful lot like our girl, a real fireball."

I smiled with understanding as we both searched the room. When I found her happily chatting and working the crowd, I didn't have to point her out because the pride in his misty eyes told me he already found her well before I did.

Setting his empty on the bar and he straightened and stepped close to me, with a last appraising glance said with quiet finality, "You'll do," and gave me a warm fatherly hug around my shoulders before moving away from the bar to catch up with her.

He looked back at me and said over his shoulder with another wink, "You want another beer honey you tell that jackass behind the bar I said it's alright now, you got that Jane?"

I answered him with a broad smile, "Yes sir I got it... Bart," and watched him head off through the crowd vaguely in Claire's direction.

Damn, that went well I thought to myself. I decided that his pronouncement "You'll do," was high praise indeed from the folksy founder of the company. The room was warm but I had goose bumps all over my body and a half a cold beer wasn't doing it to me. His acceptance meant more to me than I imagined it might. I felt a flush of pride that he hadn't found me somehow lacking. Finishing my beer, I heard the crowd beginning to hush and thought that for only fifty odd people they sure were a noisy lot. I watched as Claire heading over to the raised dais with her father and the two G-men in tow.

J-Stroke
J-Stroke
91 Followers