Warren the Wizard Ch. 02

Story Info
Learning more and protecting his town.
4k words
4.65
16.8k
25
11

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 10/30/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

WARREN THE WIZARD

CH 2

Wizard on the River

BY SW MO HERMIT

Warren, Gloria, and his people as he thought of the two families who seemed to have attached themselves to him, were well settled in on Wizard's island. He and Gloria had a nice, tight, roomy, and above all, comfortable house on the end of the island nearest Tommy's Crossing. His employees and their families built smaller, less spacious, cabins near the other end, telling him it wouldn't be right for them to live right next door to him and Gloria. He never saw anyone work as long or as hard as those two families did. He had quickly come to think of them more as friends or family rather than two ruffians (and their families) who attacked him right after he came to town.

They were growing a large garden and had some pigs and chickens on the island. They also ate a lot of fish as the river was full of them and they fried up very nicely. It was a beautiful day and Warren was reminiscing about the last four months from the time he appeared in this reality to the present. He missed his parents and some of the conveniences of his former home but, all in all, he was much happier here than in his original reality.

Warren sighed and returned to his reading. He was trying to learn more magic now that he was convinced it truly did exist in this realm. He just couldn't accept the concept at first even though Gloria had showed him some simple spells the first day they were here and he had used some the second day. It was difficult to overcome a lifetime of non belief but he had done so. Now he was trying to learn his new trade.

He already knew the magic he did was totally different from that practiced here and now. He had been a computer programmer by trade and he found his spells had a lot in common with the programs he wrote in his other reality. At first, he concocted the spells in his head using simple batch files and then executing them as if he was using a computer. He visualized a computer screen in his mind and wrote the spell to make whatever he wanted to happen as if it was going on in a computer. Easy to say and visualize but difficult to do in life. Many of his attempts failed because the necessary code was too long and convoluted or he made a programming error. Sure, some of his spells worked but he finally had to begin writing them down and cleaning them up as they got more sophisticated. It was especially difficult to do because if he wrote the spell completely out on one sheet of hide, paper or parchment it tried to execute. He had to separate the code to make it unintelligible to keep it from trying to execute.

Some of the time the separated code would actually execute anyway and do something completely different from what he intended when he added the .exe command at the end of the written spell. He got around that by just annotating "end" and knowing he had to use .exe when he invoked the spell.

He didn't like the way magic was done here either, however. It appeared a magician memorized each spell so he could use them. The number of spells you could do was limited by memory and the time it took you to memorize a spell as well as your innate ability to even do magic. If you had no magical capability knowing and invoking the spell would not result in it working.

Of course, memorizing a code or phrase took time and study also but he thought he could simplify things by writing the code then only memorizing the word or words to invoke the spell. For example, it might take a hundred or even thousands of lines of code to accomplish a task but he could sum it up with a word or words followed by .exe to execute the program instead of vocalizing the spell each time he wanted to invoke it.

He was frustrated, slightly angry, in fact, just plain pissed off by the complexity of the whole damn thing. Now it was getting too dark to see well enough to work any longer and the simple oil lamps used here didn't help much. With an oath Warren pushed back from his desk and stared out the window at the deepening dusk.

Tanya heard him and came into the room. She walked up beside him and began rubbing his shoulder. She asked, "What troubles you My Lord?"

Without thinking Warren reached out and pulled her dress up enough to run his hand up her bare leg. When he got to mid thigh he felt her shift her stance slightly as she spread her legs for him. He touched the outer lips of her pussy and she moaned.

Warren realized about then it was Tanya he was playing with rather than Gloria. He started to pull his hand back and said, "Tanya, I'm sorry My Dear. I wasn't thinking."

Tanya quickly grabbed his hand and pulled it back up toward her already wet pussy. "No, My Lord Wizard. Please don't stop. 'Tis been my greatest desire that you would one day take me."

Warren sat a moment without moving but his willpower was lacking. The moist heat and knowledge of where his hand was combined with being horny over rode his thinking and he consciously began playing with Tanya. She became more and more wet as he continued. All at once she screamed out her joy and almost collapsed as her orgasm tore through her body. He could feel her tight little pussy pulsing and contracting on his fingers.

Tanya grabbed his hand and pulled him up. She almost ran to the thick rug in front of the fireplace in his study. She pulled her skirt up and lay back , spreading her legs and pulling her knees up. "Please," she begged as she raised her arms toward him.

Warren was past thinking, he quickly removed his robe and bell between her thighs. She guided his throbbing cock into her molten core. When he was well seated, she slammed her pelvis upward and screamed her delight as he slammed down into her.

Gloria heard the screams and came into the room. She stopped when she saw the copulating couple and smiled. She watched for several minutes before her lust overcame her and she pulled her skirt up so she could reach her pussy. She quickly began frigging herself and warbled out her release just as Warren spewed his load into Tanya.

Warren rolled off Tanya onto the rug beside her and saw Gloria. He felt a surge of fear in his stomach at the sight, then relaxed when he saw where her hands were and noticed she didn't look upset. Gloria walked sexily toward the resting couple and lay behind Warren. She wrapped her upper arm over his chest and pulled them tightly together as she whispered, "Was she as good as you dreamed she would be my love?"

Warren turned and gave Gloria a deep kiss. "Maybe better, my dear. You're not angry are you? I didn't realize she wasn't you at first."

"No Husband. I told you when we arrived in this reality you were free to take any female you desired and I meant it." She gave him a quick kiss and stood. "Now I have to return to the kitchen before I ruin supper. Enjoy your new woman. I'll call you when it's time to dine."

Warren rolled back to cuddle Tanya. He quickly hardened once again caused in part by his playing with her delightful bits and in part by her holding and manipulating his cock. He mounted her, putting her bent knees behind his arms and tilting her pelvis upward, bending her almost double. He started slowly but was soon pounding down into her as hard as he could. As their bodies shook and jiggled from the force of his thrusts he listened to her cries of passion and the loud slap, slap, slap of their coupling.

Much too soon, Warren felt his orgasm rising once again. He was almost ready to let go when Tanya screamed louder than she had before and her cunt latched down on him. He felt her pussy pulsing and her body shook and shuddered in orgasm. This sent him over the edge and he let out a huge roar, slammed down into her once more then held himself tightly to her for a moment before he began making short finishing thrusts to prolong the pleasure.

Once again, he rolled to the side and cuddled with Tanya. This time they both drifted off to sleep only to be wakened by Gloria some time later. "Hey sleepyheads. Wake up. Supper is ready. Come eat before it cools and I have to warm it for you."

The sated couple groggily rose and walked to the table. They were sitting in the dim light eating. It was very difficult to see in the dim light of the small oil lamp. Once again Warren missed something from his other life. He never realized how electric devices of all types made things easier until he had to survive without them. He missed electric lights almost more than anything else. Well, he did miss his computers and the gaming also but lights were the thing he really wanted now.

Like many "wizards", nerds, and programmers Warren was a night owl. When he finished his meal he wandered, heck, he almost ran, back into his study and sat at the inadequately lighted desk.

This time, he wasn't thinking about learning magic in general, he was thinking about one specific thing; a good reliable, bright light to see and work by. Warren leaned back in his chair and put his feet on the desk while he thought about electricity, lights and his need.

He knew electricity was generated by generators attached to turbines of various types. He knew the current was the movement of electrons through the conductors, preferably copper wire but other things would work as well. If he could generate electricity he still had hurdles to cross in the form of light bulbs, controls and, oh, so many other things.

He was far, far from being an electrical engineer but had some rudimentary knowledge. Soon, while he was thinking, he began putting his ideas down on paper. He drew a simple generator, a circuit for the power to move through and sat contemplating it. For some reason, he added the sine wave of the power output from the generator.

In exasperation he once again leaned back in his chair. Another exercise in futility. He knew the basics of electricity and power generation and distribution but had none of the items needed to generate, transmit, or use the power.

The next morning, Warren went to town and spoke to the blacksmith. Yes, he knew what copper was and thought he could get some but why? It was much too soft a metal to be good for much. Warren convinced him that was ok, he needed a lot of it for an experiment.

The blacksmith grumbled about weird wizards while he turned back to his work. He knew it was best to humor wizards so made the order for the requested metal. After it arrived he sent a boy to find Warren so he could get it off his hands.

Warren took the impure copper back to his island and cloistered himself in his shop once again. From time to time, he sent one of his men for metals, magnets, and other items. They had no idea what he wanted them for but he was the Master and a Wizard to boot so off they went.

He really didn't know how he did what he did but Warren learned to manipulate the various metals, purifying them and even forming them into the shapes he desired. He pulled wire from the copper and working day and night managed to build a crude generator. He went to the river bank and found various sands he managed to fire into glass. Working long hours he learned to blow glass then figured out how to remove the air inside the closed bulb. That was easy. Somehow during his studies, he learned how to see down to the atomic level. He could actually see the atoms and molecules in his minds eye. He had learned a spell to move items from place to place although he could only move a few pounds so moving the gasses from the bulb wasn't difficult. He experimented for hours until he found material to make a filament for the bulb and inserted it through the glass.

After months of work Warren had a generator, wires and rudimentary light bulb. He wired everything together and turned the generator by hand, generating a small current that caused a slight glow in the bulb. He was super excited. He had his electric lights. Now to make a way to turn the generator and see how bright he could make the light!

Warren sat thinking about his latest work. He had the concept and rudimentary equipment. He thought about the generator turning and producing power that fed into the bulb. He knew the cycles per second he needed, the voltage, current, etc. He even thought he remembered the earth's magnetic field had something to do with electricity. Wouldn't it be great if he could just tap into that?

Hummmm. Warren sat up and grabbed his light bulb and snipped off a portion of the copper wire from the circuit connecting it to the generator (he had hard wired the bulb into the circuit since he hadn't bothered to make a screw cap for it. He reached out, hell, he didn't even know where, and pulled, trying to think a connection of the natural electric/magnetic current of the earth to the wire leading to his bulb. He visualized the proper voltage and amperage. To his surprise, the bulb began to glow. As he turned things up mentally, the glow became brighter, reducing it made it dimmer.

Warren spent the rest of the night playing with his new knowledge. He had no idea where the power was coming from but assumed from the earth itself. Whatever, he had it and was ecstatically happy! He even built a small heater that could either be enlarged to heat a room or used to cook on. He called his light a magic lantern just for giggles.

Some time, just before dawn, he staggered off to bed, leaving his lantern on brightly. Late that morning, just before noon, he finally woke and wandered into the main part of the house to find his women and some food and drink. When they saw him Gloria and Tanya rushed to him. Tanya almost shouted, "Warren, there's something in your office. It's so bright it hurts the eyes. It seems a monster or demon has taken residence within."

Warren laughed and said, "No, my dear. I suspect you're seeing my magic lantern. I think I forgot to turn off when I came to bed. Shall we go see? The three walked into the office and Tanya pointed to the light and said, "There it sits my love. Is it truly one of your spells?"

"Yes, I suppose you could call it that. I was tired of the poor light given off by the oil lamps and desired something better much like I had in my prior home."

"'Tis truly wonderful, Husband. You are truly a great wizard."

At first, Warren had quite a lot of trouble with his lantern. The filament in the bulb was fragile and didn't last long. A heavy bump could break it even if it didn't break the glass, and it burned out quickly. Warren finally found a spell that strengthened the filament and, even the glass bulb, to the point they were extremely long lasting. At first, knowledge of his magic lantern generated fear but soon, people who thought they needed brighter light began asking to purchase one. They did take a small amount of time to build but rapidly became the largest part of his business. Warren was becoming very rich selling his lanterns. His other abilities and spells were still in demand but he was having trouble finding time to do everything and study and learn.

By this time, Warred had decided the magic of this reality was better, in general, than any he could come up with on his own so, more and more, he just studied locally discovered spells when he could obtain them. Magical knowledge was jealously guarded by the practitioners, however, so unless he found someone's spell book or could reverse engineer a spell, he was forced to develop his own.

Thankfully, he inherited quite a library with his house. He began merging his programming "magic" with the spells he found in the dead magician's house. The end result was cleaner, easier to invoke spells. Instead of having to recite the entire spell, he "programmed" the spell and used a key word and the .exe extension to activate it when needed.

He now had several defensive spells, a spell to call and send small items, his magic lantern and a few healing spells. One day three large boats came rowing up the river. They looked similar to the old viking long ships from his reality. He was watching them and admiring how they handled when they turned and beached on the bank near the town. Soon heavily armed men came pouring from the boats yelling and killing everyone they came in contact with.

Warren moved to a protected overlook on the cliff nearest town and began using his magic to reduce the attackers. He threw rocks and called fireballs from his fire to use on the ships. When he saw a man he was sure was an enemy, he sent one of his men's arrows into them. He had to refine his thrust, however as his first few went with such force they ran completely through their targets.

After he could see no more invaders from his post on the bluff, Warren decided he would go to town and see if he could help more. He was sure his powers as a doctor would be needed even if he didn't need to fight the invaders again. He wished there was a faster way to get to town than the slow row boat but there wasn't.

Warren was looking at the pier on which they normally landed wishing he was already there when he felt a pulling, twisting feeling. He shouted in surprise when all at once, he found himself standing on the pier. He spent a moment standing in surprise as he realized he had unlocked the ability to teleport. He tried to remember how he had done it so he could do it again, then took off for town where he heard fighting still going on.

Upon arriving in the center of town he was more than glad he came. The invaders were over running the townspeople badly. Many townsmen were laying in the street either dead or badly injured as were several invaders.

Warren began pulling cross bow quarrels and arrows from bodies and sending them into the invaders as he shielded himself from their constant attacks by visualizing bullet proof glass. Finally, in fear and desperation, the invaders began to retreat toward the boats on the river bank. With a yell, the townsfolk followed as did Warren. The invaders arrived at the river only to see their boats burning from Warren's earlier attack and the guards they left behind laying dead where they fell.

Some of the invaders turned to fight with their backs to the river but some decided running was in order. Some took off downstream at a dead run, dropping their weapons as they went; others dropped their weapons and took to the river floating downstream on pieces of their ships or driftwood. Townsmen followed down the river bank still shooting quarrels and arrows at them until they all looked like pincushions.

Warren watched to be sure the invaders were all either dead or running before he returned to town to aid the wounded. He was deeply involved in surgery and healing when Gloria and the other people from the island arrived to help. Of course, like most wives, before Gloria and Tanya began helping the injured they had to chastise Warren for just disappearing to town without taking them and his other people for protection and to help also.

"I'm sorry, ladies," he said. I didn't know I could teleport. After I killed the invaders I could see and set their ships on fire I decided to come to town and help. I stood and looked at the pier, wishing desperately that I could be there immediately rather than taking the time I would need if I took the boat. All at once, I found myself there. I did the only thing I could do at that time and tried to remember how I made the trip, then I came to town to be of assistance. I'll do my best not to do something similar again."

That mollified his wives somewhat but they were still scared and slightly angry with him. Tanya said, "But you could have been hurt or killed without us to help. Could you have not came back for us before wading into battle? Humpf. MEN." She then turned to the work of aiding the injured townsfolk.

Warren didn't like the fact, but, after the battle the dead were stripped and the invaders bodies were just thrown into the river. He tried to tell the towns people how bad an idea that was from a pollution and health standpoint, if nothing else but they were adamant. None would waste their time and energy burying invaders; besides, they said, the bodies floating past would be a warning to others not to attack their town again.

12