Warren the Wizard Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The friends and loved ones who died in the battle were treated much differently, however. They were given a good funeral and their exploits were revered at the services and for some time thereafter in the pub. Unfortunately, their survivors didn't get much attention of a concrete nature, just condolences, mostly.

In disgust, Warren finally went to the homes of all the widows from the battle and offered to take them into his household should they find they couldn't make it on their own if their families couldn't or wouldn't help him. He gained seven widows and 26 children of various ages from that. To his horror, each of the adult or near adult, females not only expected, but demanded they lay in his bed from time to time.

The story of Tommy's Crossing's victory against the invaders spread rapidly along the river and far inland. The few retreating invaders spread the news downstream. Few survived the people of Tommy's Crossing and the citizens of the downstream towns and villages that had been attacked before, but those who did, carried the news farther. Travelers to and through those towns as well as those who passed through Tommy's Crossing carried the news farther. Of course, the news, perhaps rightfully, perhaps not, gave almost all the credit for the great victory to the Wizard on the River as Warren was becoming known.

Soon people from outside the normal business and trading area began coming to see the famous wizard and hopefully, purchase one or more of the lanterns and spells Warren produced. Warren became known far and wide as a great wizard. Soon young men and, occasionally, a young woman began showing up hoping to become his apprentice. Unfortunately, many of them either had no magical ability at all or only a marginal capability. Gloria claimed that MAYBE one in a thousand had enough of whatever it took to become a wizard although he and Gloria did take on a few young apprentices who had some minor talent. Most of these would become what came to be known as Hedge Witches or Healers, a most needed specialty in its own right.


12