We Are the Day Ch. 03

Story Info
Taylor handles more than the truth.
8.4k words
4.61
17.3k
14

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/28/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once again, I send special thanks to everyone that took the time to comment and rate my stories! The positive feedback has encouraged me to keep pushing for the completion of Damian and Taylor's tale. Hope you all enjoy this latest installment of WATD!

Much love <3

CC

Chapter Three

"Where have you been the last few nights?" Kenna asked as we sat down in front of the television. Tonight, as declared by Kenna, was to be a Chinese takeout and movie night, so I was without Damian for the first night in a week.

"I've just been out. I find myself wandering around aimlessly now that I don't have a job." This was mostly the truth. I did find myself wandering around, but not so aimlessly; I wandered around with Damian. We would eat out sometimes, other times we would venture to the movies, and other times we'd make out like high school kids in one of his expensive cars.

"Whatever, Taylor. Who's the dude?"

"What dude?" I asked, picking up a piece of sesame chicken with my fork.

"Tay, we've been friends since we knew what 'friend' meant. I know you're seeing someone," she said, putting her takeout box down. "So, who is he?"

I sighed. One of the worst things about having a friend that was like a sister, they always knew when something was up. "His name is Damian. What movie do you want to watch?"

"Twilight marathon?"

"No!" I backpedaled as I registered the expression on Kenna's face. "It's just that we watch it so much. How about Pride and Prejudice?"

"Colin Firth or Keira Knightley?"

"Always Colin Firth," I said with a smile.

"Does he remind you of this Damian character?"

I groaned. "Do you ever give up?"

"You know me better than that."

"Damian is tall, dark, and handsome. Except the word 'handsome' is an understatement."

"Oh," she sighed. "Tell me more! He sounds dreamy."

"He's more than dreamy. He's like a mythical creature," I grinned and almost laughed out loud.

"Well, how did you meet? How old is he? Does he have a brother that would like to date me?"

I laughed. "We met at Bar Louie, and I'm not sure about the brother. I'll ask." I purposefully glossed over the age question. How would I even answer that? Um, he's a few thousand years old. Yeah...that'd go over well.

The movie had started minutes ago, but Kenna was still firing questions at me. I was beginning to get annoyed. "Tay, why are you being so tight-lipped?" Kenna pouted.

"I don't have much to say. We only met a little over a week ago, Ken. It's not like he's told me his whole life story yet." Again, I found myself if another half-truth. Damian and I had known each other for only a little over a week, but we knew each other like the back of our hands. Sometimes, I felt like I was reading Damian's mind just as well as he read mine.

"Well, I'm gonna need you to figure all of this out and report back to me. Not knowing the guy who's stolen my best friend's heart is kind of frustrating."

"Yeah, yeah." To be honest, I wasn't sure if Kenna could ever meet Damian. Yes, she was my best friend, but to bring her into close proximity of a vampire didn't seem like the best idea.

"You think that I'd hurt Kenna?" Damian asked me that night after he snuck into my bedroom. It was sad how we couldn't be without each other for more than a few hours.

"No. I didn't say or think that. Kenna is just...different. She always wants to live on the edge and do things that are racy, but when real danger creeps up, she freaks out. I'm not sure how she'd react to all of this."

He nodded, scooping me into his arms. "We'll take it slow, then. I don't want you to lose your best friend because of me."

"We don't really need to tell her anyway," I said. "I mean, you're old enough to control your thirst and things. Maybe we could just keep her out of the loop."

"Yeah," Damian said, his voice was unenthusiastic.

"You don't think that it will work?"

"For now, it might."

"What does that even mean?"

"Not tonight, Taylor."

"That's your answer for everything. Maybe I want to know tonight."

"Well, it's not time yet."

"What if I die in my sleep and you never get to tell me all of the things that you're hiding from me?"

"You're healthy. It's highly unlikely that'd happen."

I rolled onto my side, facing away from Damian. "I don't want to be with someone that can't and won't tell me the truth. I feel like you're hiding something from me."

"I am hiding something," he chuckled. "That's the point. I'm hiding something that I don't want you to know yet."

"Whatever, Damian. This isn't going to work."

"You think that you could leave me, Taylor? You're as attached as I am, and I would stalk you until you agreed to take me back if you did somehow leave me."

I wasn't in the mood for Damian's games tonight. I huffed angrily while trying to shake him off me. It was the same as trying to move a cow; he wasn't budging unless he wanted to. "This isn't funny Damian."

He stilled behind me, his hands growing rigid on my stomach.

"What's wrong?"

"I...I have to go," he muttered.

"No, I don't want you to leave. I was just upset about you not telling me stuff." God, I sounded pathetic even to myself. How had I become so dependent upon another person's presence...and so quickly?

"It's not you, Taylor. My family; there's trouble," he said, getting up from my bed.

"I thought your family-,"

"My clan, Taylor." I could tell he was getting annoyed with me, but I couldn't just let him go; not without knowing what was going on and when I'd see him again. He got up from the bed, putting on his black Stacy Adams with his usual graceful movements. "I may have to leave town for a little. I'm not certain."

"What? Why?" He looked at me, that familiar war in his eyes. "I won't freak, I promise."

He sighed before running both of his hands through his hair. "There may be trouble in Jerusalem," he said. My breath hitched as I caught his meaning. Trouble in Jerusalem meant trouble with the rogue Firsts. Nobody wanted trouble with them. Even though the story of their capture was told to me days ago, it was fresh in my mind.

"So, where are the other Firsts kept? You said you locked them up," I asked Damian one night after we went out to dinner. We were sitting in his car at Battell Park, watching the squirrels gather their last minute nuts and things for hibernation.

"The Rogues, as we now call them, are kept in the Holy City."

"Jerusalem? Why?"

"Simply because it's a holy place. The holiest, in fact. The Christians, Jews, and Muslims all claim it to have significance in their religions and for that reason, we locked them up there. The faith and belief in a higher power somehow work against the evil that works in the Rogues' hearts," he shrugged. "Of course, my Second, Carter would want to put that theory to test scientifically," he laughed.

"Well, what about you and the other Firsts, then? Can you not go into Jerusalem or any church or anything? "

"No, we can. I've been to church numerous times."

"I'm confused."

He laughed, "I know. And it's so cute to watch. Your lower lip juts out as you try to piece things together."

"Oh, shut up."

"Hey, I said it was cute!" He continued to laugh. "Look. I'm still trying to figure it out," he told me once he had sobered up. "By all records, vampires are a damned group of people. I don't believe that. I spent plenty of time with Jesus and his people back in the day, and he never once condemned us for what we were. How can we have any control over our fate? Did I go out looking to become this?" He motioned to his physique. "No. I was bitten by chance. I believe all of us have an opportunity to make our own choices with what hand we were dealt in life, no matter the circumstance. A child of a drug addict doesn't have to become an addict, too. A person that grew up around an abusive parent doesn't have to grow up to be the same way. The same could be said for us that carry the burden of eternal life. We don't have to be monsters; we don't have to kill people to survive. We don't have to lead a life void of God."

"So you would consider yourself a Christian vampire, then?" I giggled.

"I guess you could say that; though, I have done a number of things in my life that would earn me a spot in hell."

I shook my head, coming back to the present. There were so many things that could've gone wrong in Jerusalem-shady guards, the Rogues draining rats in their tombs to gain strength. The possibilities had my hands wringing themselves nervously.

"What happened?" I asked, wiping my now sweaty hands on my pants.

"How could I know when I'm here with you?"

"You obviously knew something was wrong, so I'm sure whoever was speaking with you mentally has some type of idea," I pushed.

"I don't give you enough credit. You put things together so quickly for a human," he sighed while sitting on the edge of my bed. "From time to time, the Rogues get restless and stir up trouble in their cells. It's nothing new."

"Your reaction to everything didn't hint at it being old news. Just tell me the truth, Damian."

"Damn it. Someone has been sneaking blood into the cells, okay?"

"What's that even mean?" I ask, undeterred by his frustration.

"It means someone wants the Rogues to rise again, and is helping them do so under our noses. I need to go and find out who, set up surveillance, question people, and probably end some lives."

"Can I go with you?"

"Fuck no!"

I shrank back at the venom in his voice and the glowing yellow of his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Taylor. I didn't mean it like that. It's just too dangerous. You're human and there are going to be vampires around that have yet to prove their trustworthiness. I can't risk your safety. I will be back as soon as this is taken care of, I promise."

"This is stupid. Why do you have to go?"

"You know this, Taylor. I'm one of the Firsts. I oversee everything in the vampire-,"

"Blah, blah, blah," I said, bobbing my head from side to side. "I know this already. There are others that lead to, send one of them."

"All of us are going, if we even have to. Look, I know it's hard for you. It will pain me to leave too, but it must be done. Fuck, there are too many people talking at once," he said, rubbing his hands over his face. "Give me a second," Damian said, closing his eyes and resting his elbows on his knees.

I never really understood the phrase "the silence was deafening" until I had to sit through such a situation. My palms grew sweaty as I waited, wishing that I could hear Damian's thoughts as he could hear mine. I rose from my bed, turning to leave the room, but was stopped by Damian's hand grabbing my wrist.

"Don't go," he pled.

"I'm thirsty."

"I'll get it," he said rising from the bed in one fluid motion before darting off to the kitchen. I sat back down on the bed and he was waiting for me, a bottle of Smart Water in his hand. The corner of his mouth pulled up into a crooked grin as I gasped.

I snatched the bottle of water from him. "Thanks."

"My pleasure," he chuckled.

"Nothing like scaring a defenseless human to perk a vamp up."

He shrugged, unapologetic. "I'm having my Second keep tabs on you while I'm gone. He'll come and introduce himself sometime soon."

"A babysitter? So it's for sure then; you're leaving?"

"You are not to go to Bar Louie for any reason. You will either drive the MKZ, or my Second will drive you to school and wherever you need to go. Are we clear?"

"Wait. Excuse me? I'm not a child, Damian. I can drive myself where I need to go, in my own car. This is ridiculous!"

"Taylor, these are just minor precautions for the time being. Don't be difficult."

"I'm not being difficult, I'm being a person! No one wants to be babysat when they're old enough to have children. How am I going to explain some big, burly dude to Kenna? She already gives me the third degree about everything, if you haven't noticed."

"I'm not about to argue with you, Taylor. In this case, it's my way or the highway."

"And what's the highway consist of?"

"My Second locking you up here or at my house for safekeeping until I return."

I threw my hands up in exasperation. "Fine. I'll drive your stupid MK-whatever," I said before combing my fingers through my hair. "What's with the security? I thought the threat was in Jerusalem."

"It is, but that doesn't mean trouble won't be here, too. I have to go. The sooner I leave, the sooner I will be back. Come here," he said, holding his arms out for me to hug him. I accepted, eager to hold on to him as long as possible. He bent down to kiss my forehead, and then he was gone.

Light peeked in through the blinds that covered my window and I reflexively reached out for Damian. All I found was empty space...again. "Ugh," I groaned, remembering that he left days ago. I was still adjusting to his absence, even with his Second, Carter, trailing behind me all the time.

"You know, I'm sure Damian wouldn't mind if you took a break from your babysitting duties," I said, annoyed. I just finished my last class for the day and finally made it home to find Carter waiting at the door. Did he think I couldn't find it on my own? "What?" I asked when I noticed his flinching.

"We don't call the Firsts by their given names. It's a form of disrespect in the vampire community."

"What do you call him, then?"

"Ian."

"Ian? Okay," I chuckled under my breath. "Well, I'm sure Ian would be fine with you leaving me alone for the night."

"I highly doubt that. He's very protective of you, if you haven't gathered that already," Carter said, straightening his black tie. I made a mental note to ask Damian about this man's attire later. Surely he wasn't comfortable following me for days in a three-piece suit.

"I'm starting to. Would you like to stay for dinner? I'm making steak and potatoes."

"I don't know if that's such a good idea."

"Well, why not? You're forced to watch me; the least I can do is provide nourishment." A thought occurred to me. "Are you not on human food yet?"

"I've been able to eat regular food for some years now. I just don't want your roommate to become suspicious of my presence. It is my understanding that you do not wish to involve her in the world of the undead."

"It's fine. I'm sure you can handle yourself appropriately." I hoped that he didn't see my true intentions of inviting him to dinner. That would ruin my plan. Damian was so secretive about everything that went on in his world, and I wanted to know more. I needed to know more. I hoped that Carter would be my link into what Damian was really up against. "I'll make your steak extra rare. The best of both worlds," I tried to entice him. It worked. He followed me into the apartment without a backward glance.

"Kenna! I'm home...with company," I added so she wouldn't come out naked or something.

"Company? I thought Damian was out of town," she said, coming into the kitchen, dressed as if she was going out. She stopped in her tracks as soon as she saw Carter.

"He is, I have his...uh. This is one of Damian's body guards. Carter, this is my roommate and best friend, Kenna."

"Nice to meet you," Kenna said, as she continued to openly gawk at the man.

He gawked back, "It's my pleasure."

Suddenly, I felt like an intruder. The way that they stared at each other was so personal, emotional, and...erotic. There was a pressure in the room so intense that I needed to leave. I mumbled some type of excuse and stole away to my bedroom, my earlier plot to question Carter forgotten. The noise began before I even left the kitchen. There was some banging, rustling of papers, and the sounds of furniture scooting across linoleum. I almost went back out there until I heard the tearing of fabric coupled with moans and grunts.

They're having sex? Already???

My mind couldn't even focus with all of the noise coming from my kitchen. I tugged my phone out of my purse, hitting number two on the speed dial.

"Yes, love," I heard Damian say.

"Um, Damian. I need your help."

There was a brief silence. "Why? Is everything okay?"

"Well, I invited Carter over for dinner and he saw Kenna. Now they're having sex in the kitchen. I barely made it out of the room before they started going at it."

There was a lengthy silence. "Shit."

That wasn't what I wanted to hear. "What? Is she going to be okay?"

"I'm going to call Carter, although I'm not sure what I can do at this point."

"What does that mean? Is she going to die?"

"Let me call Carter, baby. I'll call you back."

The call ended, and I was left with the sounds of my best friend and Carter having sex. It was torture. Between her moans and his mixture of grunts and carnal praise, I was ready to join them. My flesh was heated, my mind conjuring images of Carter's tall, muscular build against Kenna's curvy, brown body. I could see him plowing into her, his muscles contracting and lengthening with every push and pull. I imagined Kenna's milk chocolate breasts bouncing up and down as she was being taken from behind.

I found my hand nestled in my jeans, rubbing my clit in tandem with the thrusts I heard coming from the kitchen. I had never tried to pleasure myself before, but it seemed impossible not to do so with the turn of events. My breath came in shallow pants as I climbed higher toward that peak. "Oh," I moaned as my muscles started rippling. I was so close, I could feel it. Then my phone rang. Shit.

"Hello," I tried to make my voice sound normal.

"Taylor," he paused, probably assessing my tone; or I was just guilty and paranoid. "I'll be there in five." He hung up and I raced toward the shower. The tone of his voice told me that he meant business; hot, sweaty, carnal business.

I left the bathroom to find that Carter and Kenna were still going at it. My body began to heat all over again. I walked into my bedroom, and he was waiting for me, as expected. My eyes drank him in. He was outfitted in a tailored, navy suit that gave off a subtle silver sheen. His silver tie was tucked neatly into a silver vest that poked out from under his jacket. My mouth went dry as desire pooled in my belly. I closed the door, my eyes not leaving his. "Did they have the decency to stop when you came in?"

"Two people caught in passion as those two are probably didn't even notice my presence."

"So," I said, trying to keep the room filled with something other than grunts and groans, "you came back quickly. I thought a flight from Jerusalem would be a little longer," I tried to joke, but my voice was too heavy to pull it off.

"One of the Firsts is a Transporter. He can appear and reappear anywhere as long as he knows where he's going."

"So that's how you got here so quick?"

He nodded. "We were wrapping up in Jerusalem when you called so I requested to be dropped off here. And I come to find you like this," he cocked his head to the side, assessing the towel around my body.

"I needed a shower."

"I can still smell your arousal." My face heated as he continued. "You know, when I called Carter, he told me that I needed to come here quick. That you were back here pleasuring yourself."

Damn vampiric senses. I could've sunk into the carpet, but it still wouldn't have hidden my embarrassment.

He got up from the edge of my bed and walked toward me, like a jungle cat stalking its prey. "At first I was angry that you would do such a thing in a house with another vampire, but I quickly got over that. You didn't know what you were doing."

"I...I don't know what you mean."

"The scent of female arousal is a scent so powerful it only comes second to one other. Can you guess what it is, love?"

"Blood?"

"Yes, blood," Damian went on to explain as he removed his silver cufflinks, placing them neatly on my vanity. "You see, Carter is much younger than I, and he wouldn't have been able to resist you for much longer," he said while unraveling the towel that covered my body. I heard it fall to the floor somewhere in the back of my mind, but my focus was elsewhere. "He would've fucked you and your roommate at the same time, and I couldn't have blamed him." Damian's eyes were pure yellow and hooded as he peered down at me. He wanted me too, and it made me even more aroused.