We Are the Day Ch. 07

Story Info
Taylor and Damian reunite.
3.4k words
4.73
6.9k
11

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/28/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

To my fans and followers: It was your emails, prodding, and pleading that lead me to dive back into Taylor's story. To be honest, I wasn't going to. I did not feel a connection to the characters or the story anymore; but, you all never stopped hoping for that next chapter. You probably checked my profile, looking for updates and were sorely disappointed when I was still absent. I can only ask your forgiveness. When I received an email the other day about this series, I knew it was time...that I had to do this. I spent most Sunday night and Monday morning re-reading all the previous chapters and making mental notes about the story and characters, then I dove into picking up where I left off. I hope this chapter brings the story to the forefront of your mind and helps you fall back in love with WATD.

To my new readers: What's up? I'm totally glad you guys chose to click on this story and read the words I've written. Now, if you're tuning in just for this chapter, it's not going to make much sense at all. Go back and read the first six chapters, at your leisure, and get to know the story and characters.

Everyone: As always, please feel free to leave comments! I love to hear from you all! Take a look at my other stories, as well. If you're into interracial romance between a student and teacher, take a look at Mr. Lewis (which I'm going to be updating soon). If you want to latch on to a blooming romance between a cop and a college student who is engaged to an accountant (gasp!) take a look at the first chapter of my newest work, Cuffed.

Well, I certainly have talked enough! Take pleasure in Taylor And Damian's reunion!

<3

Happy Reading!

*****

Chapter Seven

I finished gathering the fish and made my way inside the cabin as if nothing was about to go down. I was poised for the fight; not that our impending altercation would turn into anything physical, but I knew he would be angry and demand answers and maybe even apologies. Boy, was he in for a surprise.

"So you're going to act like you don't even see me?" Damian was right beside me in the kitchen, but he didn't catch me off guard. I heard him exit the car and run up to the cabin.

"How's it going, Damian?"

"'How's it going'?" He took a glass off the table and hurled it at the opposite wall. I didn't even flinch as it shattered and hit the floor in hundreds of pieces. "Don't you have anything else to fucking say to me, Taylor?"

"How about, calm the fuck down?" I wheeled around to face him and he jumped backward into a crouch. He knew what I was, and it didn't surprise me.

"You've mastered it."

I huffed. "Like I had a choice. What are you doing here?"

He rose out of his crouch. "I came to bring you back home. Where you fucking belong."

"I, actually, belong here. Without me coming to this place, I wouldn't have learned everything you've been keeping from me." I turned away from him and began gutting the fish with excessive force, throwing the innards into the trash can.

"Do you have any idea what you put us through, Taylor? What you put me through?"

I tossed the knife onto the counter and waited for the clatter to end before I spoke. "What about me? You think all of this has been easy? Well, it hasn't. Yes, I left! Of course I did! You could have come after me, but did you? No. So, don't make it look like I'm the bad guy, Damian. I left, but you let me."

He sighed. "I tried to run after you, but it was raining and the water washed away your scent. Look, will you at least turn back around so we can see each other?"

"I'm gutting fish, Damian."

"Well put the damn thing down, Taylor. I'm trying to talk to you."

I laughed without humor. "That's your problem. You come in here and think you're running stuff. You don't run shit here, Damian Andros. This is my cabin. If I want to have my back facing you while I cut this fucking walleye, I will do it. You don't own me. As far as I'm concerned, we aren't even a thing anymore; so, it was nice fucking knowin' ya, but I think you should leave." He didn't answer, so I continued. "Would you have come peacefully and not have broken one of my parents' glasses in the process, maybe I would have been more receptive to you being here; but, in your normal Damian Andros way, you came in on your high horse and messed everything up."

I saw the turmoil in his mind. I'd hurt him; he never thought I'd ever be able to pull the plug on our relationship. He didn't even think there was a plug. He questioned the mating bond and if it was truly forever. He saw exactly what I wanted him to see, me being a good actress.

"Taylor," he ground out.

I turned around, my eyes wet with tears. "Damian." I lowered my guard and let him into my head.

He groaned. "This is your game?" He moved toward me and laced his fingers into the hair at the nape of my neck. "You wanted to hurt me as much as you've been hurt?" He released me and backed away. "Taylor..." he shook his head as if he couldn't believe it. "Did I do this to you?"

"Every time you decided to keep the truth from me, you made me feel like you didn't want me. Like I wasn't really your partner. Partners are supposed to share everything with each other. I understand you wanted to protect me...and I knew you didn't want me to run away from you when it came to you and the other women but..."

"Taylor, I am in much better control of myself these days. Trust me. What happened was a long time ago—way before I ever knew you. I didn't set out to hurt anyone. You have to believe me."

"I know. You...you just should've told me."

"How, Taylor? When did I ever have the chance? That's not something you bring up in casual conversation."

"I know. And I realize I overreacted. It was just the weight of everything coming down on me. The prisoner, you not telling me everything about Jerusalem and the Rogues...my new vampirism. I snapped. I guess I was trying to be stronger than what I was."

"You...are so strong, Taylor. You have dealt with more in these past few weeks than most people deal with in their entire lives. I just thought I could save you from this. I never wanted this life for you."

"How could you want anything for me? This all just happened."

"I knew what you were before anyone, Taylor."

"How?"

"We didn't meet just a few weeks ago. I have known, and loved, you for quite some time."

"Hold on...are you about to tell me you've been one of those creepy, vampire stalker guys?"

My attempt at humor worked. I watched as he tried not to smile. "I am trying to tell you the truth, Taylor. The entire truth. If you would let me finish."

I waved my hand at him, signifying that he should continue.

"You were still in high school and I was a wanderer; not much to do in my free time, so I studied people. I saw you at the mall once and I followed you. I followed you for quite some time. I knew, then, what the mating bond was and I felt it as soon as I saw you; but you were much too young to be taken. Way too young. You still had your entire life ahead of you. I could wait, and I did."

I couldn't help but ask. "Did you know what I was then?"

"Not until the accident." He laughed lightly, looking into the distance as if trying to remember every detail of the story. "That night, my feelings were all over the place. I saw you interacting with your parents, and they interacted with you. I hated myself for what I had become. If I wasn't this," he motioned to himself, "I could have had a longer relationship with my parents. If they didn't hate me, I could have publically gone to their burials. I followed you that night because I was lonely and jealous and wildly turned on. I was jealous of how you could spend time with your parent and it was obvious how much they loved you. My parents hated the thought of me at the end," he shook his head. "Your scent as I followed you was...God. Butterscotch in way, but not...with vanilla...it's hard to explain, but I was hard most of the night. When I wasn't loathing myself or being sad because my parents hated me, I was fighting the urge to follow you into the bathroom and make you mine. But I stayed my distance and continued to follow. I went to the same restaurant as you guys, I went to see the same movie...I went to get ice cream at the same place. It was a wonder how no one noticed my presence.

"Then, on the way home, a drunk driver was headed straight for you guys, but by the time I realized what was going on, it was too late. I saw a flash of blue light that alerted me to the fact the Bridge was in the car. I knew someone in the vehicle had escaped, my money was on you, of course. I went to the wreckage and saw you were out and safe; I knew, then, what you were. Your parents...they were gone. The drunk guy stumbled out of his car being an idiot, as most drunks are. I knew your life was about to change and the changes were going to be tough. No one, especially at your age, should have to be without their parents. I knew the feeling and that, coupled with my earlier angst, I snapped the guy's neck, punched a hole in his windshield, and made it look like he went through it."

"You have a habit of doing that."

"What's that?"

"Punching out windshields." I didn't say anything about Damian killing the man that killed my parents because he deserved to die. He took some of the people most precious to me and it was way before their time. I didn't hate the man anymore, but forgiveness was something I had to work on.

Damian smirked. "People can't lock their windshields, now can they? Anyways, I went back to your house and found you sleeping as if the night never happened. At that point, I decided it was better for me to leave you alone. The Bridge should never be tied in with someone like me. And I did stay away...up until I passed by Bar Louie a few weeks ago. I picked up your scent and was bidden like a ship to a siren's song. I was going to walk away, but then I caught Tony's scent and thoughts. He should've died that day. But anyway...here we are. I couldn't stay away. Everything about you drew me in. I was a goner before I'd even talked to you. Since I first laid eyes on you, I had never desired another. I was celibate until we started seeing each other."

"But, how will I ever be enough for you? I mean...is it true...what the prisoner said?"

He didn't need to ask what I meant. "In some ways, yes. It is true that the women could not sate the hunger; but, that was until I met you. We are mates for a purpose. You satisfy me in every sense of the word. That asshole prisoner, Karn, knows that. He was just wanting to upset you."

"Well, it worked," I grumbled. "So you aren't going to get tired of me and...you know?" I sounded weak in my own ears, but I didn't care. I needed Damian in my life, and I would let him know it.

"No," he opened his arms and leaned toward me but retracted. I guess he was still trying to assess whether or not I would cook him alive.

I closed the gap between us and wrapped my arms around him. It felt like home. I breathed in his scent—pine and something else. Sexuality...can you bottle sexuality?

He relaxed into my embrace before wrapping his arms around me. "You are my mate, but I must confess, I am new to this relationship business. I am not used to having to be accountable to anyone, and I did not handle it well, but I promise to try and be better. I don't want us to keep hurting each other like this."

"I just want to be included in your life. I want us to talk, and often. I want us to have some sort of normalcy aside from all the vampire stuff. I want you to trust me with the information that goes on in your clan and the others. I want us to be partners...not just you running stuff and me being hidden in the dark."

"My primary instinct is to protect you, Taylor. I cannot change that, but I can redirect, I think. It helps knowing you can take care of yourself." He released me and held me at arm's length. "I should not underestimate your strength. I have been a bad...boyfriend," he tested the word on his lips and it made me laugh.

"Boyfriend, huh?"

"Yeah, well...you said you wanted normalcy. Boyfriend is a normal term, is it not?"

I laughed. "I guess."

"Look, Taylor. I love you and I do not want to mess this up anymore. I promise to be better. Just say you'll come home with me. Please."

"I will, but if you start to fall back into your old habits, I'm gonna tell you about it and you have to listen."

"I promise." Damian's face went from warm and inviting to homicidal vampire Lord. "I should fucking kill you. You knew where she was and you didn't even say anything." He turned toward the door just as Carter and Elias walked through, their arms full of groceries.

"Hey! Watch the language around the heavenly host!" I motioned to Elias.

"Worry not, Taylor. I just endured a trip to the grocery store with Carter. Every other word out of his mouth was a curse of some sort. Though, some I am sure he made up himself."

Carter continued as if Elias, nor I, hadn't spoken. "What good would it had done you, Ian? You would have just fucked it all up again. She needed her time, and you needed yours."

"And who gave you the authority to make that decision?"

"I didn't think I needed the authority to do the right thing."

Damian was set to retort, but he couldn't find a rebuttal. He knew Carter was right, just like I knew it.

"Now, if you guys are done," I said, taking the silence as an opportunity to end the riff, "maybe you can put the groceries down and set the table... and stop being idiots."

Damian pointed a finger at Carter. "Next time, you will tell me."

Carter snorted. "You'd better hope there isn't a next time."

"Table," I reminded the pair.

"And you better not have touched her," Damian said, putting plates in their rightful position.

"And if I did?" Carter grinned as he set down forks. "You know we had so much fun last time."

"I am sorry you have to deal with this all the time, Taylor," Elias laughed. "These two are quite the pair."

"Tell me about it," I rolled my eyes.

After the meal, I cleared the plates and washed the dishes before putting them back in their original place. With the help of the guys, I tidied the cabin and locked up.

Much was accomplished that night; I felt like a ton of weight was released from my shoulders. Damian answered all my questions over dinner, though, some he hesitated with; but, he answered nonetheless. I didn't have the nagging feeling he was hiding things from me, but that could have been because there was nothing to hide. They hadn't gotten any closer to figuring out what else was going on in Jerusalem; and, there also hadn't been any attacks on the house (since mine) so they were in an alerted lull.

We were set to leave; I turned back toward the cabin and patted the door with a sigh, slipping the spare key into my pocket.

"We can always come back," Damian told me, sensing my sadness and reluctance to leave.

"I know. I just haven't been here in so long...It's sad leaving it behind all over again."

"I know I'm coming back! It's peaceful out here," Carter said.

"It was until you showed up," I laughed.

"Well, see if I rescue you again," Carter huffed before sliding into the driver seat of his car. "Some nerve...after I gave her the best sexing in her life," Carter shook his head. "Come on, Elias. We know when we aren't wanted."

The atmosphere around us shifted; Carter became uncomfortable as he drove away and Damian grew nervous. Maybe there was something more Damian didn't tell me about Jerusalem. Why didn't he tell me at the table? Did he not trust Elias?

"Carter wishes me to discuss something with you, but it's not what you're thinking." Damian told me as he pulled out onto the highway.

"I went with my next guess. Does he want to have sex again? He's been joking about it a lot..."

Damian laughed. "No. That's not it, though he does think about the tryst more often than I'd like," Damian rolled his eyes. "He and Kenna have been having discussions about her joining the clan."

"Like, as in...being Turned?"

"Yes."

"Well, why didn't he just ask me? Not that my opinion on the subject matters anyway."

"He thought it would be...proper...to ask you since you are her best friend. He's already went through the formalities as it relates to presenting her before me and the clan for approval."

"Wow...I missed a lot. Well, how does Kenna feel about it?"

"Graduation is just next month, so she wants to wait for that...you know, just in case."

I saw pictures of Kenna in his mind. She was flashing around town with her newly found vampire strength and agility, feeding wherever she wanted; having sex with anyone she wanted, and killing anyone that got in her way. "Oh."

"Yes. That, and she has to keep up appearances for her family. They expect her to graduate...and on time. Of course, she wanted to wait to talk to you about it, too."

"After graduation we were both planning on marrying traditionally then being Turned soon after, so...this is nothing new to me."

Damian relaxed. "So, Carter and I were needlessly worrying?"

"Yes," I laughed. "I want to finish school, too. It was always my parents' dream for me to go to college and do what I love. I've just missed so much class recently."

"Well, how were your grades before all of this?"

"Good. Really good, actually. All I did before this was study and work."

"Then, they probably didn't fall too much. If that is really what you want, I could always go over there and...persuade... your teachers to be more lenient."

I shook my head. "Damian."

"What?"

"What am I going to do with you?"

"I have a couple ideas," he turned to look at me, his eyes glinting yellow. "You have no idea how much I have missed you. You know, I've never had you to myself." His eyes were fully yellow now as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

I was ready to give a witty response when Damian's phone rang. He looked at the phone's caller ID before answering it through a button on the steering wheel. "Luke," he sighed.

"There is news."

He glanced in my direction before saying, "Proceed."

"The prisoner is ready to talk."

Damian turned to look at me, "It seems I'm not going to be able to fuck you yet."

"Um?"

"Not you, Luke. I was speaking with Taylor."

"Ah, Miss Taylor is returning?"

"We will be there shortly," Damian smiled.

"Very good."

Damian hung up the phone and reached over the center console to link his fingers with mine.

"Luke sounded happy about me coming back..."

"Everyone will be. We all want you with us, Taylor." He kissed my hand as he continued to speed down the highway.