We Need To Talk - Take It or Leave

Story Info
Short scene from a marriage.
862 words
4.23
217.3k
102

Part 2 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 04/28/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Britease
Britease
2,386 Followers

I've had a number of requests from Literotica readers, but decided that it would be too painful and decided to write another story instead.

Short and sweet and no sexy bits whatsoever. This didn't happen to anyone I know and is possibly so unlikely that it may never have actually happened. Never know though do you?

+++++++++++++++++

"We need to talk Tom!"

"Talk away sweetheart," I smiled back at my wife of twelve years. "You know I'm always here for you."

"It's not good enough Tom," she went on, frowning at me. "It's not working out as I expected. I'm not happy."

"But you've got what you wanted haven't you Helen," I pointed out to her. "It was you who told me in no uncertain terms that you wouldn't give your lover up, and that you intended to keep on seeing him. Take it or leave it you told me. Take it or leave it."

"I know," she mumbled, looking very unhappy. "But I just didn't expect you to agree so easily. I thought ... I thought ... Oh damn it I didn't know what I thought."

"You were quite clear at the time Helen," I reminded her. "I recall the conversation like it was yesterday. I've been 'seeing' as you described it that bastard Clive since last Christmas. He fucks me better than you do and I'm going to spend this weekend and regular weekends with him."

"Not better, just different," Helen grunted, unable to meet my glare. "I really meant that we'd carry on more or less as usual, but I'd spend my weekends, or at least some of them at Clive's place."

"Fucking him," I interjected.

"Well yes," she whined wringing her hands together. "But that would be all and the rest of the time I'd be living with you like normal."

"So I agreed," I grinned at her. "Take it or leave or you said, so I didn't have an option. So now what's the problem?"

"It was just supposed to be weekends Tom."

"So I was generous sweetheart," I relished telling her. "You wanted weekends and I gave you most of the week as well. You didn't complain at the time."

"You didn't tell me at the time," Helen claimed, quite correctly as it happened. "I went on that two week holiday with Clive and when I came back you'd rented our house out and moved into this swish apartment."

"Yes, fabulous isn't it?" I smiled graciously, admiring the view out of the picture windows of the city vista and the river winding it's way off into the distance. I'd quite carefully explained to Helen on several occasions that all the rent from our house only just covered the rent on my new abode.

"But I only get to stay here one night a week Tom," Helen sobbed. "It's just not as I imagined it."

"You don't enjoy the sex Helen?" I demanded, putting on my very best look of disappointment.

"Of course I do honey," she gushed. "It's better than it ever was and you know it. Clive just doesn't seem to be able to cut it anymore since he lost his job and got beaten up that night. It's just not enough."

"Well that's awful sweetheart," I rushed to console her. "If you need another night with me then I could always ask Jane if she could give Wednesdays a miss from time to time."

"That's not what I damn well want Tom."

"Well how about Fridays then," I offered. "Mary could swop with Nicky maybe or perhaps double up with her."

"I don't just want Fridays for God's sake Tom," my wife cried between her sobs. "I want you back."

"Karen's going back to college next week Helen," I carried on regardless, trying to find a solution to our little problem. "Would Saturday afternoons be any better?"

"For God's sake Tom, you're my husband. I love you and want you back full time. Just give me the chance to prove it to you."

"You've heard my offer Helen," I answered solemnly. "Now that we're more friends with benefits rather than a married couple, I really and truly enjoy sleeping with you once a week or so and it makes a pleasant change from the younger girls who I've been seeing since you left. But you've heard my offer and that's all I've got to say except for one thing.

"What's that honey?" Helen asked, looking up at me hopefully with a beaming smile.

"Take it or leave it," I grinned at her. "Take it or leave it."

----------

Truth be told of course Karen was a figment of my imagination, Mary was actually my sixty four year old cleaning lady and the only Nicky I knew was the cute little four year old who lived down the corridor. But Jane? ... Well! ... She was real enough, as was Donna who I had no intention of giving up any time with, so hadn't thought to mention her.

A couple of nights a week with Helen might be worth a try though, as long as Clive keeps paying for her keep that is of course.

Britease
Britease
2,386 Followers